Old guy gets Intimidated

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Day 4: Took another dose pre-bed last night. I did get about 5 hours of decent sleep. Full disclosure though, 45 minutes before I hit the sack, I did throw back a sample of 3Z my son gave me.

I was pretty well rested when I woke up. I will try Intimidate solo tonight, now that I feel like a human again and not a zombie. The 3Z may have been 'cheating' but in all honesty I was an unfocused mess because of my lack of sleep the last few days, and I was getting grumpy. Being a grumpy husband and father benefits no one in the house, not even the dog.

So, anyhow:

Libido: No Change
    Stomach issues: None

Workout: Did back and biceps today. Had a really good workout. One exercise I always use to judge my strength is just your basic pullup. I start all my back days with 3 sets of pull ups. I was able to do an extra 2 reps on my first set and an extra 1 rep on the subsequent two sets. 90 seconds rest between sets.

I was also noticeably stronger on my seated rows. The rest of my workout was pretty damn good as well.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think if I can get this sleep thing under control either by becoming more tolerant of the Intimidate, or by adding ZMA or maybe melatonin to the mix, I should be in for some nice gains. Best case scenario is that I get acclimated to the Intimidate. The one pill before bed idea was a major selling point for me. I'd hate to have to keep throwing $$ at an additional supplement to help w/sleep.

2. the ZMA is free...youll be good to go!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    the ZMA is free...youll be good to go!
    Yep, and I appreciate it!! It's like that line from the Simpsons when Homer is stealing cable: "Nothing a month, now I can afford that!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Yep, and I appreciate it!! It's like that line from the Simpsons when Homer is stealing cable: "Nothing a month, now I can afford that!"
    Haha I love the simpsons, and I know exactly what you are talking about!!! Glad you are liking so far.. keep it up man!

Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

5. Took another dose pre-bed, also took melatonin to help get rest. Crappy sleep, Finally slept from around midnight till 3:20 took more melatonin and slept till 5:30.

No gym today. Too much to do. It was gonna be cardio anyhow, so no big loss.

Libido: No positive change, in fact slightly to moderately down I'd say. (perhaps because I'm so tired)
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Took another dose pre-bed, also took melatonin to help get rest. Crappy sleep, Finally slept from around midnight till 3:20 took more melatonin and slept till 5:30.

No gym today. Too much to do. It was gonna be cardio anyhow, so no big loss.

Libido: No positive change, in fact slightly to moderately down I'd say. (perhaps because I'm so tired)
    I wouldnt be worried about the libido; if you're feeling that tired then that's the likely cause of it. I'd say once you get around the week 2 mark you should start to see a lot of the benefits start kicking up
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

7. Day 6. Took another dose pre-bed last night. Tossed and turned all night. Think I got maybe 2.5 hours of sleep total. Will not take tonight, will take pre workout at 5:00 AM. I tried to tough it out, but I need sleep. Once the ZMA arrives I'll give it another shot pre-bedtime.

Libido: Mehhh...down big time. I'd trade a good night's sleep for a good lay in a heartbeat right now.

Not working out today. I doubt my body has done any recovery with my recent sleep pattern, and I am just 'not feeling it' as far as wanting to hit the gym. I'm not gonna push my luck. The last thing I need is an injury. Hitting chest/shoulders/tris tomorrow though for sure.

8. As stated I skipped Intimidate last night. Slept 7 hours straight till 4:30. Only woke up because I needed to take a leak.
    Libido bounced back a bit as well.

Took Intimidate at 4:30 since I was up anyhow.

Did Chest shoulders triceps this morning. Stronger than I was last week on flat bench. It's really weird, but as happened before, my 3rd and 4th sets are stronger than my 2nd. Incline was ok, definitely not a strong lift for me typically anyhow. Decline bench was decent. Seated shoulder pressses were good. Cable flies sucked. Tricep pushdowns were very good. It was a kind of hit or miss morning in the gym today.

9. wel definitely sounds ike you are a preworkotu candidate for intimidate, trust you will love it around week 4 when the strength really kicks in!
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

10. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    wel definitely sounds ike you are a preworkotu candidate for intimidate, trust you will love it around week 4 when the strength really kicks in!
    I hope so. I need something to boost my test. Plus I will not give up. Somehow I am gonna earn me an iForce T-Shirt, dammit.

11. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Just missed the Friday cutoff! Will arrive monday
    Got the ZMA today. Thank you. I will try it tonight without the Intimidate just so I can get a baseline on it. If all goes well I will try it tomorrow night as directed and I'll take an Intimidate before hitting the sack. Fingers crossed.

12. sounds good

13. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Got the ZMA today. Thank you. I will try it tonight without the Intimidate just so I can get a baseline on it. If all goes well I will try it tomorrow night as directed and I'll take an Intimidate before hitting the sack. Fingers crossed.
    hope this works out for you OP, keep us posted
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html

14. I really hope you get the sleep issues figured out man!

15. ZMA one hour pre bed, it will relax you a bit....
    Live Free, Train Hard

16. Took ZMA about 45 mins before bed. Slept from 9:30 till 2:30, got up took a leak, back to bed. Fell back to sleep around 3:15 and slept till 5:00. Not too shabby.

Took Intimidate at 5:00 AM. Worked out from 5:45 till 6:45. Abs and core. Cable crunches were very strong especially considering I had to do them later in my routine because the gym was a mob scene for some reason. Maybe first day of Spring made everyone realize that bathing suit weather is just around the corner. Not too motivated in the gym today, but abs and core is by far my least favorite to train, so I am never really gung ho like I am for chest or back.

Libido seems to be making a good comeback. Still below normal though, but pretty close.
    No stomach issues.

Tonight I measure myself for bf% level and then measure chest, arms, thighs, neck, waist. Since it's been exactly a week since I've been running Intimidate, this will show any gains in size when compared against what I measured last Tuesday. Based on the scale at the gym I am up 1.3 lbs. We'll see how much of that is fat though. I've been going kinda heavy on the whole milk lately.

Got a Drs appointment at 3:00 today. They wouldn't see me till 6-8-12 for a physical. I mentioned I had a weird lump on my chest, and all of a sudden they wanted to see me immediately. So, I'll get that checked out and have my BP and cholesterol and all that checked at the same time.

17. I have been on Intimidate for about 10 days now. Slept good the first three, then not so much. Crazy ass dreams, I mean weird ****...Anyway, it works, libido is way high, strength keeps climbing (even though I am tired), and recovery is better. Wish I could sleep like I did. Starting to really lean up now. Almost notice a difference daily. Trying to decide if I should grab another bottle and try another 30 days... I need to know if ZMA works...Keep us posted.

18. ZMA is like movie like dreams in a pill.. HIGHLY under-rated.

definitely get a 2nd bottle, Intimidate hits arond week 3 so weeks 3-8 will be GRRRRRRRREAT!!!Name:  tony_the_tiger-lg.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  89.4 KB
    Live Free, Train Hard

19. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Took ZMA about 45 mins before bed. Slept from 9:30 till 2:30, got up took a leak, back to bed. Fell back to sleep around 3:15 and slept till 5:00. Not too shabby.

Took Intimidate at 5:00 AM. Worked out from 5:45 till 6:45. Abs and core. Cable crunches were very strong especially considering I had to do them later in my routine because the gym was a mob scene for some reason. Maybe first day of Spring made everyone realize that bathing suit weather is just around the corner. Not too motivated in the gym today, but abs and core is by far my least favorite to train, so I am never really gung ho like I am for chest or back.

Libido seems to be making a good comeback. Still below normal though, but pretty close.
    No stomach issues.

Tonight I measure myself for bf% level and then measure chest, arms, thighs, neck, waist. Since it's been exactly a week since I've been running Intimidate, this will show any gains in size when compared against what I measured last Tuesday. Based on the scale at the gym I am up 1.3 lbs. We'll see how much of that is fat though. I've been going kinda heavy on the whole milk lately.

Got a Drs appointment at 3:00 today. They wouldn't see me till 6-8-12 for a physical. I mentioned I had a weird lump on my chest, and all of a sudden they wanted to see me immediately. So, I'll get that checked out and have my BP and cholesterol and all that checked at the same time.
    hope everything comes back as good. glad that the zma helped a bit with sleep, should get better with a few more doses in your system

20. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    hope everything comes back as good. glad that the zma helped a bit with sleep, should get better with a few more doses in your system
    According to the Docs, the lump on my chest is just a subcutaneous(spelling) cyst and is no big deal. He was rather surprised at my blood pressure though, as was I. I've always been in the Normal or Athletic range and all of a sudden I am in the mildly hypertensive range? Are DAA/NMDA products known to raise BP?

21. They shouldn't affect it, but simple things like stress, sodium, and yes sleeplessness can cause it to rise. You should go back to normal soon now that your sleep is evening out

22. Took 3 ZMA an hour before bed and then an Intimidate right before bed. Slept from 9:30 till 4:30. 7 hours. That's about as good as it ever gets for me.

So, it does look like with the help of ZMA I am turning the corner on this sleep deal.

Back and biceps today. PR on pullups. Really strong on low rows, same as usual on pulldowns. Kicked ass on curls and palm forward pulldowns.
    Based on my masurements, I've gained 1/2" on my chest and 1/4" on my neck. Everything else seems the same or too small of an increase to measure. Forgot to break out the calipers for BF. Will do that tonight.

Libido: Back to normal (waiting for an increase like everyone else has seen)
    No stomach issues

Now that my sleep is back in order, and I've been on Intimidate for 8 days, I am hoping to see some nice changes in the near future.

23. So, I would guess perhaps an Intimidate + ZMA stack at NP is being considered?

24. GREAT!

You remaining patient and allowing me to try and help has definitely paid off. I and all of iForce thanks you for your sincere patience and open mindedness.

now...IN FOR THE GAINS!!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    So, I would guess perhaps an Intimidate + ZMA stack at NP is being considered?

I've been trying to push for it...we'll see if I can get it done!

26. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    GREAT!

You remaining patient and allowing me to try and help has definitely paid off. I and all of iForce thanks you for your sincere patience and open mindedness.

now...IN FOR THE GAINS!!!
    Thanks right back at ya, big guy!

My Dad always said "Winners never quit and quitters never win"

27. atta boy, you WILL be pleased
    Live Free, Train Hard

28. Now that we got that sleep issue figured out its time to kill it! Im coming to the end of my bottle and really wished I picked up a second one. I've gained 3 pounds while cutting.

29. The good news: I am up 1.3 lbs and no change in BF.

The bad news: Slept from 9:30 till 1:30 last night, then had a hard time falling back to sleep. Could be attributed to the couple beers I had yesterday evening, as that does mess with my sleep patterns at times.

Skipped the gym this morning.

Libido: Back to normal, no increase.
    No stomach issues

No 'alpha' feelings yet either.

30. Up 1.3 pounds with no increase in body fat sounds good to me.

Hope you get some rest tonight

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. iForce needs beta testers: are you easily INTIMIDATED?
    By VaughnTrue in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Get INTIMIDATEd With Tomahawk
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 02:27 AM
  3. iForce Needs Beta Testers: Are you easily INTIMIDATED?
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 01:23 AM