Tomahawk's takes on a cut with Licogenix and more

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good workout!
    Thanks man, trying to make use of all that I am taking by doing my part.

Saturday I went and did shoulders and triceps by myself.

Shoulder DB press went ok. Got a little greedy and made a 10 pound jump. Not smart on my part.
    DB lateral raise went well.
    Low pulley raises felt great. Seemed to really hit the delts like I needed. Always feel like I am not hitting them right.

Tricep press downs felt damn good. Almost yelled in pain after my set haha. I bet I looked a little crazy.
    Lying tricep extension went well. Finished them with so negatives to really burn them out.
    Seated DB over tricep extension felt light, but kicked in quick and made me look like a fool. Had to basically throw the weight off myself.

Decided to work in some biceps since I knew I was taking Sunday off. Figured I would still have enough time to recover even though I am working back on Monday.

Was planning on doing cardio this morning, but it didnt happen. Was supposed to meet with a gym owner today about a job. So I thought it would be a good idea to get a hair cut. Turns out I will be meeting with her tomorrow. Might try and squeeze in some cardio before I go. It is a Crossfit gym. I feel like it will be a good opportunity. Curious to see how much $ I can get and what she is looking for in an employee.

Effects to note: Still getting that nice full look. Libido defintely seems to be up. More randoms and seems to be harder. Might be tmi but oh well that is what you get with me.

2. Killed some back today. I could feel it and others could see it haha. Felt very strong and made sure to really take every lift to failure. Well except deadlift, but I will get to that later.

DB pullovers felt great like usual. Weight a bit heavy so I need to focus in on my form. Great way to start the workout.

V-bar lat pulldowns were nice and strong. Did some half reps to really finish the set strong.

1 arm rows, last week form was lacking so I dropped the weight and really kept it tight. Wore me out for sure.

Wide grip seated cable rows, added a little weight and just powered through them. Will have to add more next time.

Bent over DB rows, just throw these in for fun. Painful and tearing is the best way to describe them.

Deadlift, added a little weight. Not doing crap for weight, but I am doing them on a platform. Right now I am using a form of hook grips and doing double over grip. It is not as secure feeling as I would like. Feels like it will roll out and land on my feet at any second. This is worse when I walk forward to rerack the weight.

T-bar row, 1st set was too high and lower back took a beating. 2nd set fixed it and make sure to hit lat right.

Finished with a set of crunches.

Tomorrow I will be lifting solo again. Meeting with the gym owner at lunch. Hopefully it goes well.

Notes: definitely feeling some aggression. Was going a little crazy on the drive to the gym. Then while lifting I wanted to go off on people. Later at the store tried calling someone about what they needed and they wouldnt pick up. I about exploded it was bad.
    •   

3. Good update!

Aggression is def a positive for the workouts!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

4. sub'd a tad late but in for the remaining.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

5. I'm In!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
    •   

6. How am I not SUB'd to this already??? In for the WIN!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

7. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    How am I not SUB'd to this already??? In for the WIN!!!
    Cause you're getting slow in your old age! Mwahahahahahahaha!!
    "Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Cause you're getting slow in your old age! Mwahahahahahahaha!!
    Damn Kids.... Get off my Lawn (raspy old man voice shaking his fist in the air)
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

9. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Damn Kids.... Get off my Lawn (raspy old man voice shaking his fist in the air)
    LOL! When I was about 4 years old, we lived in town and had a pair of grouchy old people for neighbors. No kidding, she would lay down on the garage floor and have the door up just enough to fit the barrel of her bb gun. After school let out, she would lay there and shoot any kids that stepped on her grass! Even if it was just barely off the sidewalk, BLAM!! Crazy old bat!!
    "Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

10. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Good update!

Aggression is def a positive for the workouts!
    Ya just have to make sure it stays at the gym haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    sub'd a tad late but in for the remaining.
    Glad to have you join Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I'm In!!!
    Thanks man. Wont be any of your crazy volume workouts in here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    How am I not SUB'd to this already??? In for the WIN!!!
    Thanks for joining.

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    LOL! When I was about 4 years old, we lived in town and had a pair of grouchy old people for neighbors. No kidding, she would lay down on the garage floor and have the door up just enough to fit the barrel of her bb gun. After school let out, she would lay there and shoot any kids that stepped on her grass! Even if it was just barely off the sidewalk, BLAM!! Crazy old bat!!
    That is crazy haha. Made me laugh to be honest though.

Hit chest and biceps solo last night. Did cardio in the afternoon. Hip felt a bit off and bothered me a bit. So I decided to not do cardio today. Plus tomorrow is legs anyway.

Alright so yesterdays workout.

Decline bench went well I guess. Didnt get as many reps as I would have liked. Did them same as last workout. Last time I think it was too big of a jump anyway. Still find it odd people dont know what a negative is. I did a negative and then the guy had me slowly inch it up. I had nothing left.

Incline DBs went well. Really felt them in my mucles.

DB flyes were good made sure to really squeeze through the motion. Tried to do some static holds at the end but that was a fail. Followed them up with some negatives on the pec deck.

DB concentration curls, were solid think next time I will add weight. Negatives really helped finish exhausting this.

BB curls ehhh got sloppy. Never been a big fan of these.

Diet was a little low that day. Didnt get very much in especially considering I did cardio and lifted. Might have to eat a little more even though today is a rest day.

Still have to go visit a Crossfit gym in the area.

11. any increase in weight? you going to tell us the lbs homie? dont be shy.

12. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    any increase in weight? you going to tell us the lbs homie? dont be shy.
    Shoot I am trying to drop weight haha. I am staying right around 230 though. Feel confident in saying I am getting a recomp effect though.

13. Let's see some pics bro!!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

14. Where are the new dead lift videos???
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by morry
    Where are the new dead lift videos???
    right!?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

Shoot I am trying to drop weight haha. I am staying right around 230 though. Feel confident in saying I am getting a recomp effect though.
    naw I meant on lifts like 80 on db press and such

17. Quote Originally Posted by punjabimunde View Post
    Let's see some pics bro!!!
    There will be none of those haha. Still majorly ashamed and havent gotten around to messing with my webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Where are the new dead lift videos???
    Man the most I have done is 325 for 10 lately. Beening doing them on a platform of sorts. Cant set the weight down between reps. Plus after my set I have to walk forward and set the weight down. Also using some cheaper form of hook gripz that feel like the weight will slide off and crush my feet at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    naw I meant on lifts like 80 on db press and such
    Hmm lets see:
    Decline BB 255 for 6
    Incline DB 75 for 8 or so
    Seated DB press 70 for 8 or so
    Leg press 720 for 16
    Deadlift 325 for 10(might start doing these from the floor again)

Those are a few. Might add some others later. Really need to get better at tracking progress honestly.

18. nice. have they increased?

19. In for this as well. Tomahawk you are doing almost everything I am thinking of attempting once I get out of my current workout routine. Leangains + BnG... I can't wait to throw down on it. This is giving me some motivation FO SHO!

Oh and BTW,

BF3 > MW3

TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

20. Keep Killin it T.O.M!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

21. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    nice. have they increased?
    Yes everything is moving in the right direction. Going to be a dick today and try 810 on leg press haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    In for this as well. Tomahawk you are doing almost everything I am thinking of attempting once I get out of my current workout routine. Leangains + BnG... I can't wait to throw down on it. This is giving me some motivation FO SHO!

Oh and BTW,

BF3 > MW3

Glad I could be of use haha. Have you tried either before? I have done Lean Gains before but it seems easier this time around for me. First time doing Blood and Guts, but I have done similar workouts before ie HIT(Arthur Jones) and DoggCrapp.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Keep Killin it T.O.M!
    You can count on that.

22. once you do 810just leave it Nd walk out the gym.... thats dick

23. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    once you do 810just leave it Nd walk out the gym.... thats dick
    Haha well I am pretty sure 810 will take almost all the 45s in the place. So I figure that is dickish enough, but I am going later so shouldnt be too many people. Plus it is only the one set.

24. yeah I always do one leg at a time that way people have some 45s

25. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    yeah I always do one leg at a time that way people have some 45s
    Ehh they will be ok. I am going at 8:30pm and probably wont hit the leg press till about 9pm.

Went to a Crossfit gym today to check it out. Might have been my lovable self too much. Going to try it out for a week or 2. Probably going to be pissed when they find out I am trying it out so I can work at another Crossfit gym. The woman was real cool. Seemed knowledgeable on a number of things. I did mention Lean Gains to her and she said she would check it out. Shouldnt be a horrible 2 weeks or so. If I start spouting nonsense that Crossfit is the great thing in the world and all that other fanatic BS someone come kill me haha. I will be doing Crossfit in the early afternoon and then HIT: BnG at night. It will be a hell of a workload so food will be CONSUMED! Any suggestions on how to manage this would be appreciated.

26. Tomahawk,

Just be careful when you get started with Crossfit. Lesson #1: Check your ego at the door. It will take time to get used to the variety of workouts you will be doing. I had a friend who did Crossfit for about a year and was a big advocate of it. And then one day he just straight quit. When I asked him why he said that amongst all types of sports training, Crossfit is the most injury prone. He ended up having a slipped disc in his back that required him to wear a brace for awhile. He has since moved on to 5/3/1 and is loving it but after hearing his story I always like giving people a heads up about it! Take your time with it and adjust slowly! Don't get hurt!

But enjoy that BloodNGuts... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEZE
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

27. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Tomahawk,

Just be careful when you get started with Crossfit. Lesson #1: Check your ego at the door. It will take time to get used to the variety of workouts you will be doing. I had a friend who did Crossfit for about a year and was a big advocate of it. And then one day he just straight quit. When I asked him why he said that amongst all types of sports training, Crossfit is the most injury prone. He ended up having a slipped disc in his back that required him to wear a brace for awhile. He has since moved on to 5/3/1 and is loving it but after hearing his story I always like giving people a heads up about it! Take your time with it and adjust slowly! Don't get hurt!

But enjoy that BloodNGuts... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEZE
    Ya I know. I am doing this to help me decide if I want to try and get a crossfit certification. Kind of a little backwards I know. It will be a little rough trying to hold back but I will do it. Injuries are one reason I am not a fan of Crossfit. I like a decent amount of what they do, but doing the technical lifts to that type of failure is not one of them.

Haha you must have talked to my workout partner. I swear every workout I am saying SQUEEEEEEEEZE haha.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha you must have talked to my workout partner. I swear every workout I am saying SQUEEEEEEEEZE haha.
    LOL those youtube vids and the top rated comments always crack me up. I'm not even doing BnG right now but during some of my lifts I'm telling myself that in my head. ONE MORE. ONE MORE. ONE... SQUUUEEEEZZZZEEEE! lol
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

29. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    LOL those youtube vids and the top rated comments always crack me up. I'm not even doing BnG right now but during some of my lifts I'm telling myself that in my head. ONE MORE. ONE MORE. ONE... SQUUUEEEEZZZZEEEE! lol
    Haha today we did legs. When it was his turn to do seated leg curls he made sure to squeeze. Afterwards he told me he wasnt going to give me the chance to say squeeze haha.

It was a damn good workout. Have to get some food in me then I will post it up in a bit. It was everything a great workout is supposed to be. Even got plenty of looks like I was a MAD MAN!

30. Alright I at least got a shake in me. Time to post this workout.

Leg ext, nice way to start the workout. Got some good squeezes in and then finished with negatives.

Leg press, man now this was fun haha. Put 810 and while sitting down I hitting my quads before I lifted. 14 reps later and plenty of flying spit I was done haha. It was a great set. Still not in the rep range I want, but no point in stopping if I am not near failure. Plan on doing some static holds at the end to make sure I burn them down.

Hack squats, 3 plates on each side for 10. Followed it up with a negative and then hold it as long as possible. Didnt think I was going to be able to do it but pushed through.

A much needed 5 minute rest.

Seated leg curl machine, I love this machine. I think it was 160 for 14 reps followed by some negatives. It was pure hell. Had a hard time trying to get out of it. Basically fried my brain haha. Hardest hitting leg curl machine I have used.

SLDL standing on a platform, did 145 for 12 really focused in on my hamstrings. Cant say I went to failure but it was a good set.

Standing calf raise, meh basically the machine sucks. Hurts your feet to the point it is too hard to get a good calf workout.

Seated calf raise, 125 for 9 reps and then pushed down at the end.

Overall a great workout. While I was drained doing it and a bit loopy. I feel energized and refreshed afterwards. That is the beauty of HIT workouts. Time to go really kill some food now!

If I was doing any kind of volume workout I think mixing it with Crossfit would be insane. Today I did a total of 7 real sets to keep things into perspective. Still could be hazardous to my health, but we shall see.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Licogenix is Now at Nutraplanet!
    By JudgementDay in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
  2. 3clipse's Athletix Licogenix log!
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  3. Enhanced recomps w/ Licogenix!
    By enhanced in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
  4. Looking for Licogenix Loggers! GET IN HERE!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
  5. lg form x + licogenix too much?
    By hvactech in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM