Phat Guy stacks AnaBeta/Prime (Sponsored)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Round 5: The 4, 9/4 Stack

Thanks to NattyDisaster, PES, and USP Labs for allowing me to once again experiment on myself! Package arrived today in the mail so I'll be starting tomorrow morning with the first cup of coffee.

PES Anabeta: S – S (4) 1 AM, 1 Lunch, 1 Pre WO, 1 Post WO/Dinner

USP Labs Prime: M – F (9) 2 AM, 2 Lunch, 3 Pre WO, 2 Post WO/Dinner: S/S (4) spread throughout each day.

Current Stats: 6’4”, 323.8 lbs., 36 years – I thought about running this at 9/9, 5/9, 4/9/6 but held off. I’m open to suggestions for any modifications the AM members might have.

Updates: Once a week, usually Fridays. Yes, I do troll the AM boards and will take questions, comments, or whatever else is thrown my way on a daily basis if time allows.

Length: About six weeks. First week will be all AnaBeta. Second – fifth week will be the stack. Sixth week will be AnaBeta.

Other Phat Guy logs:
AL/AH: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182997-phat-guys-al.html
Ultra/Black Stack #1: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/184442-phat-guy-stacks.html#post3037932
Ultra/Black Stack #2: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/186012-phat-guy-stacks.html
Alpha T2/OxyElite Pro/Erase/Formula X/Titanium XL: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188637-phat-guy-trys.html

Other supplements: Multivitamin, St. John’s Wort, & MusclePharm Assault (Pre) & Creatine (Post), Casein when needed in the evenings.

Goals: Continued recomp... Hoping some good strength gains can get me back to where I was 25 lbs ago, maybe we’ll see some healthy size gains as well. Overall, I am not holding my breath and will take what I get.

Weigh In: Friday mornings.

Workouts: M – Chest/Tri’s, T – Back/Traps/Bi’s, W – Quads/Ham’s/Calves, Th – Shoulders/Traps, F – Bi’s/Tri’s/Calves
Cardio – **** it. I really hate it with all my soul. If there is time in my schedule to plant my wide ass on a bike for 20 minutes, I will.
S/S – Family time

** I am hoping that the additional day in the gym will help. All other logs were a M/T, Th/F split.

Diet: Modifying the Lean Gains approach to a 12 hour fast from 7/8 pm to 7/8 am fast. Diet will be similar to what I was doing for my previous log, except that my fast will be broken with protein in the morning and added to right after working out. Diet will be pretty clean though I do have my weekend cheats to look forward to. Will be upping my protein intake this time around as well as taking in 3+ liters of water per day.

Detours: I know there will be a few of them along the way that will end up not allowing me to get my 5 days in but I should be able to get all body parts a good WO each week. With being an educator, state testing will be rearing its’ ugly head here soon. Since I try to keep my students as a top 5 priority in my life, there may be times that they will have to come first. We’ll see…

****s n Giggles: Fitocracy - Log In

First reflective Update should be next Friday. During that time, I'll troll around and post if anything spectacular happens the first week, something like monkeys flying out my butt.

Last edited:
farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
In for ride ;-)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, good luck ... Hoping to have mine up here in canada by the end of the week

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Again, good luck to you both!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Thank you

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 1: March 8 – 15, 322.4 lbs. (-.6)

Strength: Not much to write about, some lifts up a bit. Just me pushing the limits this week with a few new lifts I haven’t done in quite a while.

Mood/Focus: Mood, good. Focus, intense, knowing I need to push myself.

Appetite: Nothing. I’ve read that folks have had huge appetite increases, something that has not occurred to me. Eating has been normal. I’ll see what the coming week might have in store.

Visual Changes: Triceps and forearms feel and look harder. Not sure if it might be the AnaBeta or something else.

Odds ‘n’ Ends: Rough week. Grades due for students… Grandmother passed and had to do the family thing. Next week I’ll make sure there are 5 good days especially since I’ll be getting the Prime into my system. Can’t wait for Spring Break, definitely will be a good time to really push myself with the time off. Decided that I will run the AnaBeta for an additional 2 weeks at the end for a total of 8.

*Dosing Change: Will be joining the 9/6 crew to see if the dosage works for someone my size. Good luck to everyone else.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Minor Update:
Changing the dosage around to fit my workout schedule. If it's a 5 day week I'll be going 9 on WO and 4 on the weekends. If it looks like it's a 4 day week, we'll hit the 9/6 routine. Should make things easier for me to keep track of.

Chest and Tri's today. Struggled with weight and lifts when it came to chest... But when it was time for tri's, all lifts, no matter what the weight was, were easy to tear through. Only day 4 of using both so I am hoping to have something go right before Friday's review for full week 2.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to seeing what you think come the end of the week..

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 2: March 16 – 23, 323.8 lbs. (+1.4)

Strength: Weird week. As stated in the mini- some body parts I felt struggled with while others I felt unstoppable. Endurance for with some lifts was incredible as I felt like I could squeeze in a few more sets but didn’t due to not wanting to over train. Recovery has been quick and I haven’t been as sore as I have been the past month. Usually I am walking like a duck the next day after calves but NO soreness this week.

Mood/Focus: Good mood. Dropped the St. John’s Wort that I was taking to help with hypertension. Still feeling really good throughout the day even though I am feeling like I am running around with my head cut off. It’s just that time of the school year.

Appetite: Still no increase. For me, it’s more of a black hole. I just end up eating… A lot. Not feeling like I am full. I’ve been clearing house at dinner just making sure there are no leftovers and not even trying to do it. A few nights this week it was a frozen pizza, another a few peanut butter sandwiches, and another was a large bag of baby carrots - after devouring dinner. I am just not feeling satisfied. The great news is that my weight has not fluctuated much at all.

Odds ‘n’ Ends: Definitely happy that I went back to the 9/4. And by happy I mean, damn, my libido has kicked into overdrive just after a few days. No complaints there. Muscles are feeling full, tri’s and calves look like they have tightened up, and I like what I see. Been sleeping very well this past week which is not something I could say for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if that’s the stack or something else.

Last edited:
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 3: March 24th – 30th, 318.6 lbs. (-5.2)

Strength: n/a

Mood/Focus: Good mood considering the week. No aggression.

Appetite: Subsided but it might be due to the flu.

Odds ‘n’ Ends: What a waste of a week… Got the flu Saturday morning which kicked my ass for 3 days. The rest of the week has been trying to regain my energy which still hasn’t happened. Talk about one hell of a bad start with this log.

Any who, next week is Spring Break for me and my students. Wife has to work, daughter is in school… I’m hitting the gym hard all 5 days next week to make up for a lack of substantial progress. Just thinking about this last set back really irks me.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
It all good. Just kill it next week to make up for lost time. ;-)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Mini Update for Beginning of Week 4... (Week 4 AnaBeta, Week 3 Prime)

Last week was a waste due to trying to the lingering effects of having the flu. I did keep my dosages on track as I thoroughly believe that I do need to allow things to build up into my system before I really notice any effects.

So I took Farm's advice and wrecked myself today. Though my strength was down, hell I lost 5 lbs. last week, I did notice some changes. First, endurance was way up. Five extra sets for chest and three for tri's this morning. Felt like I could have done additional sets. Second, vascularity. Chest, shoulders, forearms, and hands were really popping. Additionally, the pump today has been off the chart. Already an hour after getting out of the gym and I'm still feeling it in my chest, shoulders, and arms.

Not a bad way to start the week.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds awesome man... I finally started my stack this morning.. will have my log up this evening

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
That sounds awesome man... I finally started my stack this morning.. will have my log up this evening
Grats! I'll make sure to sub so a little note comparison can take place. Good luck!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Mini Update Pt. 2... Because I have the time.

Prime kicked in last night, no questions asked. Libido shot through the roof. Feeling half my age. To keep things on the clean side, I'll just say that the wife has been impressed since I have had some erectile disfunction the past few years.

AnaBeta, is well, AnaBeta. Appetite is up, endurance is through the roof. And with back/bi's today, strength is returning.

Farm, thanks for implanting the idea that I needed to 'kill it' this week. Second straight day of wrecking myself to the point I walk out to my Jeep and want to bend over and up chuck.

Hoping that things will continue to pick up this week and I can keep it going through state testing here this month.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Not a problem ;-). I drive my wife nuts with that I'll get sick and miss gym she'll tell me to take it easy. Doesn't happen tho. I've been meaning to get a Deload week in but I just can't bring myself to back off lol

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mini Update Pt. 2... Because I have the time.

Prime kicked in last night, no questions asked. Libido shot through the roof. Feeling half my age. To keep things on the clean side, I'll just say that the wife has been impressed since I have had some erectile disfunction the past few years.

Just wanted I was hoping to hear!!!! good job man

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Mini Update 3: At least I got the bills paid today.

Legs! I usually go pretty light due to knee issues.

Sticking to the kill it routine this week, I decided to go a bit heavier on leg curls and extensions, by about 30 lbs. Again, the endurance was there and I was able to get through 4 sets of each with ease.

Leg presses, I was in for a good challenge. Usually I just do 4 sets at 360 to keep them toned. Still feeling good about this stack, I ended up doing a set at 360, 450, and two sets of 630 at 10 reps each. The last time I managed to do that and not have knee issues was when I was on Ultra/M1D Black and managed 720. Going to shoot for 10 at 720 next week and then ??? the following week before the Prime runs out.

Last edited:
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 4: March 30th - April 5, 323.4 lbs. (+4.8 )

Strength: After a week long bout with the flu, it was good to get into the gym. As Farm suggested, I took things very seriously this week and tried to kill it. Incline press, seated rows, and leg presses felt the strongest and had more weight being put up that I have done in a long time. I believe the stack is finally starting to come together in this area.

Mood/Focus: Really mellow which is nice. Just a happy go lucky type feeling throughout the day until I hit the gym. Focus on each rep is intense. Trying to move more weight that previous week is the goal. And for the most part, it does happen.

Appetite: Hehe, it picked back up. Not intensely hungry but that black hole is definitely back and I’m able to devour everything in my path.

Odds ‘n’ Ends: With 4 weeks into this, minus the week for the flu, the stack is starting to come together. I’ll wait and see what the next couple of weeks have to offer and am optimistic. Recovery has not been what I would like, hoping that it gets better here soon. No issues with aggression or blood pressure, which is a plus. Libido is fully rocking and I’m feeling half my age. Endurance in the gym has been great. Been able to squeeze of more sets for max reps and not feel like I am over doing it… Until the next morning. Starting to feel and look a bit harder/tighter that I usually do, especially in the forearms and calves. Hoping that this continues elsewhere.

Random Side Note: I took Thursday/Friday off this past week due to soreness all over. Decided I needed to shave since it’s been about 2 weeks and I’m fully bearded. After getting all cleaned up, I was amazed… I have a neck and jaw line again, as in you can see the two separately. Neck has thinned out and my jaw line is tight. A few folks asked if I had dropped some weight, which I haven’t according to the scale. Guess I’ve added it to the right places.

Last edited:
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Late Mid-Point Reflection:

Just got back from chest and tri's and figured I would do a quick mid-point reflection. I really thought I had a very crappy workout today... But after logging my workout and checking to see if I had broken any PR's, I broke all four for each lift I did for chest. I'm now quite happy today!

Constants:

Appetite - damn!
Libido - double damn!
Endurance - triple damn!
Mood - very upbeat with no agression.

All four have really surprised me and have stayed noticable through the entire run so far.

Ups and downs:

Strength - not being noticible for most lifts but has been a pleasent surprise, very ninja-like.
Pump - Some days are good, others are meh.
Vascularity - Same a pump. Just depends.
Recovery - Some weeks it's been great, others (like this past week) have been awful.

I'm still out on whether I would run this again. Got about another 2 weeks to go so maybe something will pop up to change my mind. Seems like the other loggers are enjoying it though.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Thanks and will do.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up, I kicked Lean Gains to the curb. The black hole is crazy strong, especially after a big meal. A big casein shake does help afterward as well as trailmix before bed. Can't wait to see if I gained/lost/or stayed the same weight this week.

Weigh in and weekly review Friday evening.

Last edited:
farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ha ha ha give in to the dark side. I have gained a little weight ;-)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The black hole only seems to appear after dinner doesnt it. Almost like your gut says yes to all that food, but doesn't want the party to be over.. Every evening is becoming a carb load! lol

As you mentioned, I will try a casein after dinner next time it starts..

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Casein seems to add the weight in all the right places.

And yea, I carb loaded wth whole grain pasta, veggies, and pork tonight and was still on a rampage after dinner to fill the void. My wife thinks I am nuts.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 5: April 6th – 12th, 324.4 lbs. (+1)

Kicked Lean Gains to the curb like a two bit whore and decided that the void needed to be filled. Pre sleep PBJ on whole wheat w/ trail mix and large casein shake to wash it down each night since Monday. Black hole is a bit more in check during the evenings but during the day it’s much harder.

Strength: Surprised this week. New PR’s on all chest lifts, seated row, and leg press. Strength has been slowly and steadily increasing. I’m starting to wish I had a third bottle of Prime. Will push myself again this week to see if I can grab another PR before the show is over.

Mood/Focus: Still no aggression. Just happy and very mellow.

Appetite: Still rolling to the point that my wife is complaining about how much I am eating. I am wondering if it will decrease anytime soon. Doesn’t look like it. Stopped doing Lean Gains and am trying to eat what I can. More salad, fruit, nuts, and protein shakes. I feel like I am constantly eating but I’ve only gain a pound this week.

Odds n Ends: Jesus, started this week off still sore from the last week. It’s been a bit better with the additional calories before bed and throughout the day. So in the recovery dept. for this stack, I’m very disappointed in it. Endurance is still amazing. Libido has been nonstop. Busted into the second bottle of AnaBeta, which means I may have about a week’s worth of Prime left. I am hoping that the Prime really kicks in to the point that I ‘feel’ something from it. Once that is done, I’ll add my final thoughts. I will be adding a couple of other items to the rest of my AnaBeta to get the most out of it.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great on the strength gains! I bought an extra bottle of Prime so I could run it all for 8 weeks. However, I am thinking that in week 7,8 Id like to add Erase or Erase Pro...

I am finding the black hole syndrome only hits me in the evening. Mind you I am only just 2 weeks into this journey... Still waiting for my libido to wake the f**k up!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Libido took 2 full weeks to kick in and hasn't stopped.

As for the blackhole, if I am staying busy at work, it's not a problem during the day. But with state testing coming up over the next 3 weeks, there is going to be more down time than at any point during the school year. Guess I will need to pack some extra grub on testing days. But after dinner, is definitely the worst.

After the Prime is done, later this week, I'm going back to iForce's Intimidate and SNS' Agmatine with the rest of the AnaBeta.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 6: April 13th – 17th ; Ending Weight: 325.8 lbs. (+ 2 over the past 6 weeks)

Strength: Switched my routine this week so that shoulders began the week and as usual with this stack, I am amazed by the strength gains. I still cannot believe how many PR’s I’ve managed to chew up and spit out the past few weeks. Hit legs on Tuesday and since the joins have been feeling good, I decided to squat. No issues with the knees so I’m pretty happy about that.

Mood/Focus: Good mood all around. No aggression.

Appetite: Black hole. Grabbing another shake after I post this.

Odds n Ends: End of Prime, end of the road; final reflection coming soon. Endurance is still off the chart. Recovery is still a giant challenge... Not as tight as week 1 but I do feel firm. And only a +2 lbs gain/loss for nearly 6 weeks of absolutely no cardio.

Final thoughts here soon.

Last edited:
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Again, thanks to Natty, PES, and USP Labs to allow me to experiment on myself again. I am pleasantly surprised with the stack and the past 6 weeks after going in with the goal of increasing my strength to the point it was when I was 342 lbs back in late November. I’ve been able to achieve the majority of that goal (there were a few lifts that this didn’t happen) and I only hope that it will stick around for a while. If I had to give it a rating out of 10, it would be a 7/10 in the natty category. The following is an end game reflection of the pro’s and cons for me and this stack.

Reflection:

Having done my fair share of AAS and PH’s in the past and more to come in the future, to compare those to Anabeta/Prime would be wrong. So, I’m leaving the door open here for other’s opinions and for discussion.

Overall, I believe this is a good natural stack where the benefits sneak up on you. I feel that some folks would benefit from this stack immensely. Especially if that person has never used any type of anabolic or test booster. By all means, I would add AnaBeta to any bulking cycle as it makes putting away those extra calories so much easier. As for the Prime, I am not completely sold on it (great libido booster imo), though the others that ran logs may have had a more positive experience with it than I.

Pros: Strength gains were very good and much better than I expected, again they just snuck up on me. Endurance was great throughout the entire run, more sets without forcing it. Mood was very pleasant throughout the entire cycle. Appetite increase was awesome… No sides other than wanting to clear out the fridge every day. Though it felt like I was constantly eating, my weight did go up only a few pounds, and I did lean out in other areas which made me feel a bit tighter. Vascularity increase was noticeable at first but didn’t stick around too long. Libido, all I can say is thank you! Another positive was no ill effects on the blood pressure.

Cons: No noticeable size gain but that was to be expected from a few other logs I had read. I did not have an ‘on’ or alpha feeling, which I tend to enjoy. Recovery is not what I expected throughout the time the supplements were stacked. I spent more time with aches and pains than I would have preferred to deal with. The 24 hour black hole could be a deterrent for some. No noticeable feeling while on Prime (other than the libido boost), where as AnaBeta gave me the hunger black hole. Prime dosing is not cost effective. 6/9 like most folk take or the 4/9 with no off days would need an additional bottle.

Other thoughts: Due to my enjoyment of other things out there, I doubt I would run this stack again. AnaBeta, like I stated above, would be a no brainer to stack with anything. Prime, sorry, isn’t on my list of got to have’s, but I have to give it two thumbs up for kick starting a lagging libido. If someone is looking for a natty stack and wanted to increase strength and endurance, this would be one of a couple I would suggest.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice final review! Hoping some of what you have experienced kicks in for me very soon (cough cough libido)