1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

high as a kite with NeoGenix NeuroSurge

NeoGenix NeuroSurge

First, big thanks to NeoGenix for sending this out so quickly! I'm excited to share my thoughts on a new product. Let's start with a look at that profile -

Profile: I'm going to be honest here -- for the hype, I was a little disappointed. Most of it was ingredient dosing, as opposed to actual ingredient choice. I'm happy this isn't a "kitchen sink" blend and of course I love Neogenix's non-proprietary blends. My main issues with formula are that caffeine is dosed pretty high - you'll never go over one scoop and ALCAR is dosed very low...I honestly don't know why it is in there at such a low dose. The choline isn't a terrible dose and any supplement with b-PEA has potential. b-PEA or any PEA derivative has the risk for causing adverse side effects in some users, so I just hope that Neogenix is ready for some negative experiences...that's just the nature of the beast. I'm also a fan of rhodiola rosea, though I honestly don't know what a good dose of that would be. I don't mind the inclusion of synephrine, but I know not everyone responds well to that. Hopefully that doesn't hurt sales for Neogenix. My overall assessment of the profile: I can't tell on paper if this will be good or not - but it could be.

now for the boring stuff before the big finale...

Mixability: This was just okay. At first there were pretty big "flakes," reminiscent of leucine to me. It freaked me out, I was afraid it would be unpalatable. Some vigorous shaking did a decent job of breaking all that up, though. There were some free particles, but that's the nature of the beast with products like this. There was a bit of settling, but not too bad. See pics -

Taste: Surprisingly good! I don't see on the package where the flavor is indicated, but it was fruity and very pleasant. I've had intra's that don't taste this good. It was very drinkable and definitely in the upper tier for its product class for flavor. Someone did a nice job here.

finally...

Disclaimer: I am interested in this as a study aid. I'm a college student pursuing a double major, I have two jobs, I'm a company rep, etc. I need something to keep my mind working optimally. I took this before a study session (about two hours ago at the time of writing). Sorry if you wanted to hear about pumps or anything, just keep in mind this product is primarily (perhaps solely) a cognitive enhancer.

Effects: Well, this stuff works. I'm very stim tolerant and have experience with PEA/b-PEA so I went ahead and took the whole serving. WOOO, this stuff packs a punch! I love how quickly b-PEA can hit you. Within 20 minutes, my mood had elevated and I really wanted to get some work done. I blew through some boring clerical **** I had to do for my office job and then got some constructive reading done for a paper I have due tomorrow. I have experienced some tunnel vision, but not to a distressing amount. For those not used to this type of supplement, I would certainly strongly advise not starting with a full dose. If I buy some in the future, I will probably start with 1/2 or 3/4 serving. I would say I had some slight jitters, but nothing so bad that it affected my work. This very well may be alleviated by lowering the dose.

Overall: I could see this being a staple supplement for me. I typically use SNS Focus XT, White Flood, or SAN Launch 4350 as study aids. Focus XT has some great stuff and it certainly has value, but is much subtler and less effective for acute focus for me than this use of NeuroSurge. The difference between FXT and Neurosurge is that FXT is a blend more geared toward memory, retention, critical thinking whereas NeuroSurge was literally a motivating force to get work done. White Flood has a nice nootropic profile as well, and might be optimal for times when I don't need as intense of focus as I'm getting with NeuroSurge. I could see NeuroSurge jumping ahead of both of those in my study stacking. SAN Launch 4350 has the commonality of PEA (different homologue, a little less crazy) with NeuroSurge, but has many more stimulants. Choosing between the two would be based on how much I need stimulant-wise.

NeoGenix, thanks so much for sending this to me. I've loved my first use, and I wish I could have more right away. I hope the effects don't wear much with time (and keep in mind I use 300mg caffeine with only subtle effects on a regular basis) and I'm not sure that they would. You really have a winner here, I'm glad to have gotten in on it so soon.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Awesome review very detailed flashing liked it
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

"NeuroSurge was literally a motivating force to get work done" --- So true!!! That's one of the best descriptions I've seen!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23
    Awesome review very detailed flashing liked it
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddfox
    "NeuroSurge was literally a motivating force to get work done" --- So true!!! That's one of the best descriptions I've seen!
    It's true. There are great supplements that do other things well like enhance memory, etc and I mentioned them but as a student sometimes I need a real kick in the ass to get going on my work -- about 15-25 minutes post-ingestion I was rolling through work I'd been putting off.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    Thank you!!

It's true. There are great supplements that do other things well like enhance memory, etc and I mentioned them but as a student sometimes I need a real kick in the ass to get going on my work -- about 15-25 minutes post-ingestion I was rolling through work I'd been putting off.
    BRB ---taking my NeuroSurge because wife has been bugging me to help clean up the house!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Neogenix NeuroSurge Review Thread [Win a FREE Bottle]
    By ddfox in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM
  2. Neogenix NeuroSurge --- [Get Ready for it!]
    By ddfox in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 03:21 AM
  3. Phat Guy does Neogenix NEUROSURGE REVIEW (Sample)
    By Colbicide in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
  4. Mike's Neogenix NEUROSURGE REVIEW
    By _mArs_ in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 03:35 AM
  5. neogenix
    By thebigt in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM