Modern BCAA Review

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I recently won a nice stash from a USP drawing that included MBCAA, Compound 20, Prime, Yolk3d, a shirt, and some samples. First off thanks again for the products. So far I have only used the MBCAA so that is all I am reviewing at this time. Let's get to it.

Mixability: 5/10 This was the worst aspect of MBCAA imo. No matter how much I shook my bottle there was 2lbs of foam sitting on top. It would eventually settle out for the most part after several attempted shakes and letting it sit between each time. I will admit I only used cold water which is what is available at my work. I have had other bcaa products though and at least some of them mixed better than this.

Taste: 7/10 Grape Bubblegum: Pretty decent taste, kind of bland to me, but not bad at all. I liked to mix it with some grape crystal light and that made it all better.

Effectiveness: 10/10 I'm basing this off of the 8:1:1 ratio etc. Did I actually feel 10x better than other bcaa's? Not really, but I can only assume the higher ratio did what it is supposed to do based upon research I've seen.

Value: 9/10 Right now there is a special going on for the bulk MBCAA for 24.99 a kilo I believe. That right there is a great deal and enough of one to make me look past the few problems I ran across.

Overall: 8/10 This is a solid product from that deserves a spot next to the rest of your supplements for at least one run if not more. Thanks again USP.

When I eventually take the other products I will give my reviews on them as well.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its hard to give a review for amino's....ive used mbcaa and took it back for credit due to the poor mixability...more caused by the higher luecine count....

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Well if the leucine is the sole reason it doesn't mix well I guess it's something you have to live with. I will eventually try some of the other high ratio bcaa mixes and see if they have similar problems. Definitely is a bit odd reviewing bcaa mixes.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive found little things that help mix aminos....shaker ball bottle with ice and room temp water...recover pro does the same thing...wait till you supplement with 5 grams pure luecine!

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Ya I like RecoverPro as well but the particles that float every time annoy me. These are things I can deal with but I'd rather not have to.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
The foam with MBCAA is way worse than Recoverpro imo just as a reference point for others who may not be willing to deal with this issue.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
That's the nature of the beast, I just pound it back.