Panthers Path to the Cup with Intra-Test Xtreme and Speed Xtreme! (Sponsored)

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established

What's up guys? I just got my Speed Xtreme and Intra-Test Xtreme in the mail today, after my workout unfortunately. Oh well, Monday sh*t hits the fan.

My info:
5' 10"
13-14%bf (I'll try my best to get pics up, maybe you guys can help me determine that)
I've been lifting for right around 7 years, about 3 of that I've had some idea what I was doing. I was a powerlifter in highschool, had a little luck at that, but now I'm Army ROTC so I gave it up. We run our balls off (in my opinion haha) about 10-12 miles a week. So I'm really not looking to get any bigger, just harden up and gain strength. My diet is IF (Leangains). I've been doing it for awhile, but just now at the beginning of the year started to get really serious. I'll throw up what today looked like for me:

PT at 530 a.m.- warmups and other bs, 3 mile run

Workout at 115 p.m. was back width, back thickness, chest, shoulders, triceps (DC training, I do 3 warmup sets with light weight before each rest pause/drop set)-
Bent barbell rows:14 rep drop set at 160lbs
Pullups: 20 rep rest pause set (my back is weak as hell, way too much pushing in highschool and not enough pulling work)
Pullovers: 23 rep rest pause set with a 65 pound DB
Standing front shoulder press with a BB: 22 rep rest pause with 155lbs and a 20 second static hold
Overhead tricep extension on a cable: straight set of 19 at 140lbs

My macros: 3600 cals, 47% carbs, 33% protein, 20% fat (nothing processed other than a protein bar, some whole grain cereal, and whey powder) I try to eat as clean as possible.

Anyway, why I'm calling the log "Path to the Cup" is that all of the ROTC branches get together and have a big competetion in March or April called the commanders cup. There's a bench press competetion in it that I won last year with a 365 pound bench weighing 207, but supposedly a new Navy cadet can bench 405, and I'll believe that sh*t when I see it. But I'm gonna push it hard and see what I can get up to. Most I've ever done was 380lbs weighing 220 right after I graduated highschool. Hope you guys can follow along and maybe we can learn from each other. Any questions, comments, suggestions are welcome! Thanks again to Lecheek Nutrition!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Took my first dose of Intra-Test tonight. I was definitely pleased with the taste and it mixed up pretty well. Hitting legs tomorrow at 9 a.m. with a 4 mile run scheduled for Tuesday mornings PT. That might suck a little bit haha I'll post up tomorrows workout when I get done

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Todays workout kind of sucked. I had that run tomorrow along with some stupid stuff in the back of my head and I don't feel like I pushed myself. My workout partner and I are still trying to figure out weight to use for DC, so the weight is a little light at the moment

Took Intra-Test and Speed Xtreme with the workout. The taste on both of them is fine. I'll wait for some more workouts to really judge speed xtreme. today was a little screwed up on my part, but I definitely think I'll go to 2 scoops.

27FEB12
DC Calves, Hams, Quads, Biceps, Forearms

Smith machine calf raise on a box: 23 rep rest pause set with 225 and then a 20 second hold at the bottom to finish
Straight leg deadlift on a box: 25 rep rest pause set with 170 and a 20 stretch at the bottom
Leg press: 15 rep straight set with 410
Alt DB curl: 23 rep rest pause with 35's and a 25 sec static hold (used fat grips)
Reverse grip single arm cable curl: straight set of 14 with 70 pounds

The straight leg deadlifts and leg press were both way too light. I'll fix that next time we rotate around to those lifts. I'm going to take a little break and then go back and do a little bit of sprint and core work.

Here's what my macros today should turn out around: 4200 cals, 46% carbs, 25% protein, 29% fat (I may not hit that high of an amount of fat)

Anyway, hope everyone has a good finish to their monday

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
In to see your results

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
in!!!! luved the samples

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
127 (800x598).jpg

Skipped the run this morning lol I thought 4 miles would be too much. Went to the gym and ran 2 quick ones instead and I may go back tonight and do another. This is me after I got back, still need to lean up and get a tan haha but it's a work in progress.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little sore today. Not having trouble walking or anything, but my hamstrings are definitely a little tender. I doubt I'll go run again.

Macros for today: 2310 cals, 48% protein, 35% fat, 17% carbs. I feel like I'm pretty happy with those. Definitely ready to tear the gym up tomorrow!

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a little sore today. Not having trouble walking or anything, but my hamstrings are definitely a little tender. I doubt I'll go run again.

Macros for today: 2310 cals, 48% protein, 35% fat, 17% carbs. I feel like I'm pretty happy with those. Definitely ready to tear the gym up tomorrow!
Tear it up :)

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Todays workout was great. Felt awesome in the gym, probably better than I have in quite a while. Especially considering we did a ridiculous amount of pushups at PT this morning. The Army just can't quite understand the concept of overtraining. Hopefully Speed Xtreme keeps it going!

Back width, back thickness, chest, shoulders, triceps

Rack chins- rest pause set of 21 with a 40 pound bar in my lap and a 25 second static hold
deadlift- straight set of 14 with 335 (definitely going to be sore tomorrow)
Flat DB press- rest pause set of 24 with 85's and a 20 second static holdI
Standing arnold presses- rest pause set of 20 with 65's and a 15 second static hold
skull crushers- straight set of 20 with a 100lb curl bar and a 20 second static hold

Macros: 3981 cals, 42% carbs, 35% protein, 24% fat

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Really pleased with the Lecheek products! I was pretty sore in my lower back and hamstrings, but they helped me get through 2 miles at an 8 minute pace, a half mile at a 7:30 pace, (6) 40 yard sprints, and (6) rounds of 50 jumps with a jump rope. Pretty good conditioning day!

vitaminstore3

vitaminstore3

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Really pleased with the Lecheek products! I was pretty sore in my lower back and hamstrings, but they helped me get through 2 miles at an 8 minute pace, a half mile at a 7:30 pace, (6) 40 yard sprints, and (6) rounds of 50 jumps with a jump rope. Pretty good conditioning day!
Nice glad they are working well for you!

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man! Push that ROTC training :)

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man! Push that ROTC training :)
Man I try. What they have us do for PT is a good attempt to thwart any efforts at a personal workout though lol

Macros for today: Cals 2279, 50% pro, 33% fat, 17% carbs

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys? Went home Friday and got away from the computer so I'll post up that workout as well as todays. Forgot my intra-test today during my workout, between that and doing it fasted after a 2000 calorie rest day was a little rough towards the end. Other than that, feeling great!

02MAR12 Last Friday:

Calf press- 14 rep straight set with 270 pounds and a 25 sec static hold (not enough weight)
BB Lunges- 25 (each leg) rep rest pause with 215
Bulgarian split squat-14 (each leg) rep straight set with 110
Preacher curl- 22 rep rest pause with a 70 pound ez curl bar and a 20 sec static hold
behind the back forearm curl- 14 rep straight set with 70 pounds (not enough weight)
Farmers walk- 3x50 yards with 95 pound db's
Full twists- 2x7 each side with 70 pounds on the end of a BB

05MAR12 Today:

Behind the head pull down- 25 rep rest pause with 150 and a 25 sec static hold
T-Bar rows- 14 rep straight set with 140
DB Shoulder press- 23 rep rest pause with 70's and a 20 sec static hold
Incline Bench (no spotter, it sucked)- 17 rep rest pause with 215
Weighted dips- 15 rep straight set with 90 pounds and a 15 sec static hold

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Haha total failure on my part. I did drink it immediately afterwards during sprints if that's any consolation. Man that stuff tastes great, I seriously look forward to getting to drink it after downing plain water all the time.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Got a PT test tomorrow morning, so just tried to stretch out today and get ready for that.

Biked 4 miles at a level that wasn't very taxing, did some dynamic flexibility and stretching, then ran a 7:30 mile and stretched again.

I've got a question for you guys, do you have fat personal trainers roaming your gym? I've only worked out in high school weight rooms and my university fitness center, so I don't have much experience with gyms but since I've gotten to college it has amazed me at what people will listen to and do in the gym. I can't wrap my head around following someone in fitness advice who looks like sh*t and can't even lift average weight...or doesn't even try to lift heavy compound movements. Just curious as to whether or not normal gyms have this..

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
There's a couple "out of shape" guys at my gym that are trainers. I find it hilarious, how can you tell people how to get in shape when you aren't yourself? That's why I just go in there and do my thing and let the trainers have fun with the other people.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man that's what I'm talking about. It'd be one thing if they noticeably put out effort to get better, but they ours just sit on ass and point lol

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got a PT test tomorrow morning, so just tried to stretch out today and get ready for that.

Biked 4 miles at a level that wasn't very taxing, did some dynamic flexibility and stretching, then ran a 7:30 mile and stretched again.

I've got a question for you guys, do you have fat personal trainers roaming your gym? I've only worked out in high school weight rooms and my university fitness center, so I don't have much experience with gyms but since I've gotten to college it has amazed me at what people will listen to and do in the gym. I can't wrap my head around following someone in fitness advice who looks like sh*t and can't even lift average weight...or doesn't even try to lift heavy compound movements. Just curious as to whether or not normal gyms have this..
Lol get use to it. I do not peronally get it myself either it just is what it is.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Haha true. Just trying to rationalize the retardation of it kills me every time

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
What's up fellas? Started out my day with a PT test and a scoop of Speed Extreme and it went pretty damn good from there on. Didn't break my fast until 1 p.m. so I had 800 cals then and then went to the gym at 3. I really can't describe how awesome it is leaving the gym at 430 p.m. and knowing you can take in 3000 cals lol Anyway here's todays workout

07MAR12
Seated calf raise- 14 rep straight set with 140
Sumo incline leg press- 25 rep rest pause set with 300
Squat- 20 rep widowmaker with 250
Close grip EZ bar curl- 23 rep rest pause set with a 90 pound bar and a 25 sec static hold
F. Arm curls with a straight bar- 16 rep straight set with a 75 pound bar

Macros for today: Cals 3500, 43% carbs, 37% pro, 19% fat

Everything in the gym is going great with the Lecheek supps! I'm not going all that hard on my quads/hams I've decided. As much as I enjoy squatting heavy they're at 26" and that's plenty big enough for me right now. So I'll probably stick around that weight for the widow makers and see how it goes. Running just ruins all the fun.

vitaminstore3

vitaminstore3

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's up fellas? Started out my day with a PT test and a scoop of Speed Extreme and it went pretty damn good from there on. Didn't break my fast until 1 p.m. so I had 800 cals then and then went to the gym at 3. I really can't describe how awesome it is leaving the gym at 430 p.m. and knowing you can take in 3000 cals lol Anyway here's todays workout

07MAR12
Seated calf raise- 14 rep straight set with 140
Sumo incline leg press- 25 rep rest pause set with 300
Squat- 20 rep widowmaker with 250
Close grip EZ bar curl- 23 rep rest pause set with a 90 pound bar and a 25 sec static hold
F. Arm curls with a straight bar- 16 rep straight set with a 75 pound bar

Macros for today: Cals 3500, 43% carbs, 37% pro, 19% fat

Everything in the gym is going great with the Lecheek supps! I'm not going all that hard on my quads/hams I've decided. As much as I enjoy squatting heavy they're at 26" and that's plenty big enough for me right now. So I'll probably stick around that weight for the widow makers and see how it goes. Running just ruins all the fun.
Glad you are enjoying the Lecheek supps man!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Haha thanks man, I'm glad too! Word for today was sore though. My lower body is feeling it after squats and that pt test run, hopefully tomorrow brings better things. We had a pt that was decent so I took it easy on the off day cardio. Just did a nice 3 mile bike ride and Interval training with a jump rope.

Macros for today: 3000 cals, 49% pro, 32% fat, 19% carbs.

I went about 800 over so I guess I'll just cut that off of my cals tomorrow, I just couldn't keep from having another serving of peanut butter and protein sludge lol

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thanks man, I'm glad too! Word for today was sore though. My lower body is feeling it after squats and that pt test run, hopefully tomorrow brings better things. We had a pt that was decent so I took it easy on the off day cardio. Just did a nice 3 mile bike ride and Interval training with a jump rope.

Macros for today: 3000 cals, 49% pro, 32% fat, 19% carbs.

I went about 800 over so I guess I'll just cut that off of my cals tomorrow, I just couldn't keep from having another serving of peanut butter and protein sludge lol

Im about to have a reeses chocolate blizzard ;) im just saying lol oh yes a large :)

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
That sounds so damn good lol it's been forever since I've had one. One treat I do get after every workout though, 4 servings of blue bell low fat no sugar added ice cream with 2 scoops of whey and 10 oz. of almond milk... I love leangains haha

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds so damn good lol it's been forever since I've had one. One treat I do get after every workout though, 4 servings of blue bell low fat no sugar added ice cream with 2 scoops of whey and 10 oz. of almond milk... I love leangains haha

What a bad idea it was so stay away lol. Im paying for it today :(

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Another good workout today.

09MAR12

Pullups- 21 rep rest pause set and 20 sec static hold (slowly but surely getting a little bit better with my back)
BB Row- 14 rep straight set with 160 and a 15 sec static
DB Pullover- 23 rep rest pause set with a 75 and then a 15 sec static
BB Mil press- 21 rep rest pause with 160 and a 20 sec static (the most I've ever used on military press, definitely weighing around 200)
Overhead cable extension with a straight bar 18 rep straight set with 145 and a 15 sec static

1.5 mile run at a 7:30 pace after for cardio. I'll probably go on another run when I walk my dog tonight

The weather is beautiful in Oklahoma today, class is all done, and it's about an hour until meal numero dos.. life is good haha Have a good weekend everybody!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
What a bad idea it was so stay away lol. Im paying for it today :(
Haha I won't. My mom was a personal trainer and would always say "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" for that type of stuff... But they are delicious.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh.. Another good day to be a gangsta haha Thank god I foam rolled, stretched thoroughly last night, and for some reason took about 1/2 a scoop of speed extreme when I woke up because PT today was kind of a b*tch. We ran around the campus of our university to all the towers and then ran up and down them. Not exactly the best warmup for a leg day, but oh well. Here it is:

Smith machine calf raise on a box: 14 rep straight set with 255
Straight leg deadlift on a box: 25 rep rest pause with 170
Leg press: 17 rep straight set with 450
Straight bar curl: 22 rep rest pause with a 90 pound bar and then a 22 sec static hold
Reverse cable curl: 12 rep straight set with 60

We'll see how sore I am tomorrow, should be a good test for the Intra-Test!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Man, that looks like a rough day on the legs. Way to push through. From my experience, the intraTest will have you feeling great in the morning though.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man I've been keeping up with your log and you seem to be recovering really well with it! I've had times when I've been pretty sore so far but I usually get over it fairly quickly

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, that looks like a rough day on the legs. Way to push through. From my experience, the intraTest will have you feeling great in the morning though.
Yeah man I've been keeping up with your log and you seem to be recovering really well with it! I've had times when I've been pretty sore so far but I usually get over it fairly quickly

Glad to see you guys are on getting pretty good reults so far. Keep up the good work :)

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm sore from yesterday but considering how sore other people are after doing just the PT, I feel pretty good about my relatively low amount of pain after the stair runs and a good leg workout afterwards. We didn't have PT today, so heres todays conditioning work:

5 mile bike ride @ level 7 and an average of 90-94 rpm (it took about 18 minutes)
10 HIIT interval sessions with a jumprope (25 seconds high, 40 seconds low)

I've been foam rolling my ass off and it feels really good. I'm just ready to lift and eat tomorrow haha I think my partner and I are going to max and I may do 225 for reps. If I think I can hit more than 20 I'll video it and post it to my log

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
I've been foam rolling my ass off and it feels really good. I'm just ready to lift and eat tomorrow haha I think my partner and I are going to max and I may do 225 for reps. If I think I can hit more than 20 I'll video it and post it to my log
Sounds like a plan

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
So apparently us cadets really f'd up last week lol we've had 2 pt's of getting smoked this week. We ran and ran stairs on Monday and today we broke up into 2 groups; 1 group did pushups/situps/ and a 400 meter timed run while the other did 2 50 meter medicine ball carries/ a 2 man 100m litter run that probably weighed 80lbs/ and then a 100m run with full 5 gallon military water jugs... We cycled that for about an hour and fifteen minutes (skipped stretching because of no time, smart right?) then did 4 or 5 400 meter timed runs trying to beat 2 minutes.

Had to relay all of that so I could ask this, what's the best fast break/per workout meal? I like to make 4 pieces whole grain toast and then use a serving of natty pb to make 2 pb sandwiches and then about an hour drink a protein shake with waxy maize. Sound good or can I do something better?

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
So even though PT was pretty taxing, the workout today went really well

14MAR12

Rack Chins: 22 rep rest pause set with a 45 pound bar and a 20 sec static
Deadlift: 14 rep rest pause with 340 (My grip sucked today so I had to go 7/4/3 with very small breaks in between)
DB Bench: 24 rep rest pause with 90's (Most I've ever used)
Standing Arnold Press: 21 rep rest pause with 70's and a 20 sec static (Most I've ever used)
Skull Crushers: 19 rep straight set with 110

Messed around on bench and got 325. I didn't try for any more but I think when we start doing flat bench in DC I'll be at 340 pretty quickly. I wanted to record doing 225 for reps but we didn't even do it today because of PT and my spotter couldn't multitask haha but I did have him record my first 7 dead lifts

http://youtu.be/zyB9eAAv0B0

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
It was one of those days where I seriously felt like if I didn't have my speed extreme I probably would have stayed in bed haha Slept through my alarm for PT and woke up pretty groggy. Took a half scoop of speed extreme for my morning individual fitness class (awesome class right?haha) and thank god it perked me up. Ran 7:15 mile in it and that was basically it because we took a "fitness assessment" then went to my last class for the day and sat on ass until about 8:30 this evening. Went back (had to get another half scoop of speed extreme, motivation was hard to come by) and did 4 miles on the bike and 10 sets of HIIT jump rope. Ready to wake up and kill legs tomorrow! 225lb walking lunges. Hell yeah!haha

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
225lb walking lunges...I applaude you sir.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
I can't say it was the most enjoyable thing I've ever done, but my sh*t ain't snapped up so it's all good haha

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
I can't say it was the most enjoyable thing I've ever done, but my sh*t ain't snapped up so it's all good haha
Always a good day when you avoid "Snap City"

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
As Ice Cube once said, "today was a good day" haha it's been a pretty good week actually. Here's today's workout

16MAR12

Calf press: Straight set of 14 with 300lbs
Walking lunges: rest pause set of 20 (each leg) with 225 (It was heavy enough that I'll stay at that weight the next time I do it. 1st rep was one of those "dammit" moments)
Split squats: straight set of 15 with 115
Preacher curl: rest pause set of 25 with 75lb easy curl bar and a 20 sec static
Behind the back F. Arm curl: straight set of 18 with a 80lb straight bar.

Spring break has begun which is awesome since there's no school, but sucks because I'm losing my gym and cafeteria :( Oh well. Get to make some money and I'll find a gym somehow. Plus, idk if you guys are gun buffs but tomorrow I might buy a Springfield Armory M1A Socom 2.. Exciting times for a kid from boring Oklahoma haha