Time to get INTENSE!! - Maximize Intense log!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

What are reverse crunches? Just curious! Sounds like back hyperextensions to me.

Mike
    I think maybe rope crunches

2. uve never done reerse crunches......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdmYbDczag only i do mine on a decline bench with my head at the top...maes it alot harder....trick is to only go down farn enough till ur back starts to come off the bench....u wanna try to keep ur lower back on the bench the whole tiem until the top of the motion wher u really squeee ur lower abs....u can also do it on a ball which is tuff
    •   

3. sooo i gotta be hoenst, i really didnt think i was going to train today, i had every intention too when i got up but after sitting through a new employee orientation(u know how much fun those are) i was absolutely dead , jsut wanted to sleep...fortunately we got out a littel early so i was able to run a few errands and that kinda woke me up...not totally though, i jsut pushed through i gues (whether i shoudl have or not....

anyways.... it was a leg day...and turned out to be a damn good one and i attribute alot of it to MAXIMIE INTENSE!!!!

mixed up about a scoop and a quarter and hit it hard..... went heavy to start on sets and pumped it out more towards the last few sets...think m gonna keep tryin this ou for a few weeks, i like the idea of relaly breakin down the muscle and then using hte higher reps towards the ned to relaly get the blood to the damaged areas......

Squats- really focuseing on slow negatives and ATG

225x8
    225x8
    225x8

front squat

145x12
    155x10
    135x12
    135x12

squat again (higher reps, no belt)
    135x17, slight rest +3
    145x15
    155x15 (belt)

leg press machine

stack (380) x 12
    stack x 13
    320 x 20
    320x20 drop 260x15 220x 25!!! burned liek hell....and got such a head rush, kinda effected the rest of my workout, almost liek a dull headahce

DB RDL

90x8
    90x8
    90x7
    75x15

seated leg curl

130x15 pr
    145x10
    145x10 drop 110 x 6 drop 95x15 really felt these in my hams today, not sure why, partly because of the heavy rdls before maybe but it felt liek my hams wnated to tear , good stuff

lying leg curl 2 sets toes in, 2 sets toes out

55x12 x 4

started talkin to a buddy about a new way to hit my ass, he said sumo deads so i tried them .....

155x12
    185x12
    185x12....if u really focus on squeeing the glutes this def does the trick!....and i jsut realied i forgot to do leg ext....o well, im gonna have trouble walking for a few days as it is

pumps were relaly good, focus was good, and im really suprised i got such a good workout troday with teh way the day started....anyoen notice that sumtimes ur best workout s are when ur not feelign ur best,, i have a bit of a head cold too

4. another good way to hit glutes would be glute-ham raises, probalby my favorite for working the glutes and the top part of the hamstrings. Sumo deads are a great option too though.

Glad to see that Intense helped you push through that, I notice it really wakes me up since I train early in the morning, and I can say that I've had some pretty good workouts while feeling kind of crappy too haha.

And for abs, I usually stick to reverse crunches on the decline board. I feel like that's been the best ab exercise for me personally. Rope crunches and hanging leg raises are up there too
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

5. sorry for the late entrance in here..... great log so far. i will be following along for the rest of the journey
    •   

6. here along with Gho5t

little late but im here!
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

7. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    another good way to hit glutes would be glute-ham raises, probalby my favorite for working the glutes and the top part of the hamstrings. Sumo deads are a great option too though.

Glad to see that Intense helped you push through that, I notice it really wakes me up since I train early in the morning, and I can say that I've had some pretty good workouts while feeling kind of crappy too haha.

And for abs, I usually stick to reverse crunches on the decline board. I feel like that's been the best ab exercise for me personally. Rope crunches and hanging leg raises are up there too
    yeah unfortunately i dont always have the chance to use a glute ham raise but i liek those for sure....and i dunno how id workout in the mrning when a little sick it seems liek i need the whoel day to kinda get outta the funk lol........... seems liek we are the same with ab exercises those are usually my staples!

8. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    here along with Gho5t

little late but im here!
    glad to ahve u both in here, better late than never!

9. today was a good back day

rev. band deadlift

365x5
    365x5
    385x5
    385x5
    395x5
    395x5

rev band bent over row - when i do these i do a over under grip, do 6, then switch and do 6 more

230x12
    230x12
    both hands reg. with straps- 270x8 x 2

pull up machine

2x5
    2x5
    front pulldown 85x12, 100x10, realgood contractions!......the pumps and contractions i get on this are very impressive.

one arm db row

100x10
    100x10
    100x9 all were a little jerky but with controlled negatives....not out of control whatsoever
    60x10
    50x13 perfect form on last 2 sets

rev grip pull down hammer strength

2 sets 8-10 (forgot weights) 1 set -10 with a drop, one set 12-15 with squeezes

neutral grip pulldown 3 x 10-12....think i got 12,10,10

low cable row....2 heavy sets of 160 x 7, 2 sets with 100 for around 12 reps with a double clutch (double contraction)

low back rasis 4 x 25 w/ 25lb plate

10. retty damn good DL for 150lbs guy!!!! impressed I am
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

11. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    retty damn good DL for 150lbs guy!!!! impressed I am
    thank you sir...however i cant take too much credit, notice they are Reverse band....so the band is pullin up on the weight

12. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    thank you sir...however i cant take too much credit, notice they are Reverse band....so the band is pullin up on the weight
    regardless, still impressive given your body weight since your regular dead is def over 315 im guessing
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html

13. yea, id gues my max is anywhere bettween 365-385....weigh more like 145 unfortunately as well...working on taht though

14. i think i may go back to IF stlye eating, i just have more energy throughout the beginning of the day....althoguth i have to train fasted usually eating that way, i will see how taht effects me, today i felt great so it didnt effet me and that after an off day where i sitll did plyos with no carbs so i was probably pretty depleted......

shoulders/traps/calves

banded standing push press

65x8
    65x8
    75x8
    75x8
    85x7

military press w/ chains

45x8
    55x8
    55x8
    65x7

db lat. raises

17.5 x 12
    17.5 x 10+2
    17.5 x 8+4
    17.5 x 9+3

supersetted with

DB shoulder press

35x12
    35x12
    37.5x10
    37.5x8 Drop 25 x 7 drop 20 x11......back to lateral rasies 12.5x12....Brutal set! i love doign lateral raises right before, relaly helps me feel my delts working on the presses!

smith high pull (wide grip)

95x15
    110x12
    110x10+2
    115x 8 +5 drop 95 x 12 drop 85x12

hammer strength shoulder press

120x9
    120x9
    90x13 drop 70x 11 drop 50 x 13

bent over DB rear laterals

35x12
    35x12
    35x10+2 drop to 10s bent over seated with pinkies up x 12

cable bent over 1 arm rear lateral

15x12
    20x8+4
    20x8+4 drop 10 x 12

banded shurg- over under grip for first 3 sets....strapps and overhand for last set...do 6 reps then swithc hands then 6 more

175x12
    185x12
    185x12
    225x12----bands give a really good contraction!

seated hammer strength shrug

90x15
    110x12
    130x8 drop 90 x 10

6 sets of donkey calf raises, 3 heavy sets, reps around 8-12, 3 lighter sets with reps around 20 with 10-20 pulse reps...after last set i just let my eels go down as far as possble with all the weight still on my back and jsut forced the stretch for about 45 seconds, man did that hurt, felt soo good after though, i gotta start doign mroe of that stretching....i notice when i do foam rolling my calves are liek big knots

15. I've been off the gym with a site lower back for the last 3 days. I'm going crazy just thought I'd share lol I miss my maximize intense

16. Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I've been off the gym with a site lower back for the last 3 days. I'm going crazy just thought I'd share lol I miss my maximize intense
    lol u can still take it, haha

17. Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I've been off the gym with a site lower back for the last 3 days. I'm going crazy just thought I'd share lol I miss my maximize intense
    I drank a scoop today, its an off day for me!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

18. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I drank a scoop today, its an off day for me!
    I try to avoid heavy stims on off days!

19. oo that guilty pleasures of a BB lol

20. very focused arm workout today, and some light chest work with sum abs as well.....

banded bench lockouts

forgot weights, sorry guys but i did 5 sets of 6-8 reps, think i only got 7 reps on teh last 2 sets

banded CG smith machine.... 4 sets 6-8 reps.....the bands are incredible for the tris, so much weight at the top of the motion so locking out puts the tris on fire, love thebands!

skull crushers

3 sets 8-10
    1 set 10-12 with cg presses as a SS

DB overhead - 2 sets 8-10
    1 set 10-12 with a drop set

neutral grip lying DB ext. ss bench dips

3 sets 10-12 SS as many as possible on dips

Barbell curl

3 sets of 6-8
    1 set 10-12 witha drop

banded machine preacher curl

3 sets of 8-10

standing DB twist curl

3 sets 10-12 last set double drop

high cable curl FST-7 style

banded incline hammer strength

4 sets 8-10

3 way (low , mid high) cable fly 3 set of 20 at each height for a killer pump!

hanging leg raises , 7 sets of 12-15 short rest (fst style)

rope crunches , 7 sets 12-15 (fst style)

felt swole all workout, loved it!!! great energy thorguough even though i was training fasted.....tomorrow will be a test with teh fasted training , leg day!!!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I try to avoid heavy stims on off days!
    I sometimes use it if I'm feeling to cheap to buy a coffee. or if i need to focus on studying or an exam, talk about tunnel vision lol

22. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    I sometimes use it if I'm feeling to cheap to buy a coffee. or if i need to focus on studying or an exam, talk about tunnel vision lol
    i hve yet used it to help me stud but it has crossed my mind too many times lol

23. well i had a cray leg workout today, definitely ALOT of hormones released, there jsut had to be lol.....
    did some heavy reverse banded squats which was a real cool feel to it.
    Then did 4 sets of high rep squats which had me at the bottom of the rack on the last set
    -next was 3 sets of heavy hack squats where i was ablt to set soem prs, and then one drop set to ttal failure

i also did glute bridges, RDL, sumo deads (lighter weight really focusing on squeeing my glutes) from a step so i had to get down extra low, 1 leg squats and a superset of leg curls with leg ext. to finish off....one hell of a workout

funny thing is i was really tired before teh workout and was REALLY close to taking today off, but the workout turned out to be one of my best leg workouts in a really long tiem, i was soooo focused the entire time, i think part of the reason was the fact that i was sweatin my ass off lol it was hot today and the sweat jsut gets me goin i guess haha......not looking forward to teh net couple of days.....unfortunately not gonna eb getting alot of sleep again tonight so recoery may be an issue, i really think this is where i tend to fall short, i train hard as hell, eat like crazy but soemtimes i jsut dotn rest enough im always on the go, and dont sleep very well..........

24. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    well i had a cray leg workout today, definitely ALOT of hormones released, there jsut had to be lol.....
    did some heavy reverse banded squats which was a real cool feel to it.
    Then did 4 sets of high rep squats which had me at the bottom of the rack on the last set
    -next was 3 sets of heavy hack squats where i was ablt to set soem prs, and then one drop set to ttal failure

i also did glute bridges, RDL, sumo deads (lighter weight really focusing on squeeing my glutes) from a step so i had to get down extra low, 1 leg squats and a superset of leg curls with leg ext. to finish off....one hell of a workout

funny thing is i was really tired before teh workout and was REALLY close to taking today off, but the workout turned out to be one of my best leg workouts in a really long tiem, i was soooo focused the entire time, i think part of the reason was the fact that i was sweatin my ass off lol it was hot today and the sweat jsut gets me goin i guess haha......not looking forward to teh net couple of days.....unfortunately not gonna eb getting alot of sleep again tonight so recoery may be an issue, i really think this is where i tend to fall short, i train hard as hell, eat like crazy but soemtimes i jsut dotn rest enough im always on the go, and dont sleep very well..........
    For sleep, if you're not getting a lot in terms of hours, something like ZMA (i know a lot of people dont believe it does much, but I notice a difference in my recovery when I use it) could be useful. Help you sleep deeper, and help you recover a bit better as a result. That, or you can look into Intimidate I'm close to a show and pretty depleted, and my recovery is still awesome ever since I started using it, and sleep like a baby every night, even if I only get like 5 hours cuz of school, I feel great the next day.

25. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    For sleep, if you're not getting a lot in terms of hours, something like ZMA (i know a lot of people dont believe it does much, but I notice a difference in my recovery when I use it) could be useful. Help you sleep deeper, and help you recover a bit better as a result. That, or you can look into Intimidate I'm close to a show and pretty depleted, and my recovery is still awesome ever since I started using it, and sleep like a baby every night, even if I only get like 5 hours cuz of school, I feel great the next day.
    hmm i my lok into that ...im running some DAA right now so mayeb in thefuture any thign to help my sleep, i do take ZMA

26. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    hmm i my lok into that ...im running some DAA right now so mayeb in thefuture any thign to help my sleep, i do take ZMA
    DAA = good product. Intimidate = 100x better than DAA (srs) and crazy deep sleep . Like I said, just something to consider down the road lol

27. if bulk DAA is able to do something for my test issue i will def. try intimidate but i dunno if its gonna help ya know.....gotta get my levels checked

28. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    if bulk DAA is able to do something for my test issue i will def. try intimidate but i dunno if its gonna help ya know.....gotta get my levels checked
    I'd be interested to see your before and after bloods after 2 bottles of intimidate

29. Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I'd be interested to see your before and after bloods after 2 bottles of intimidate

me 2!!! and im getting regular bloods done cuz of my issue

30. chest workout today...little shaky, wasnt relaly focused for sum reason, really no idea why since i took two days off.... did al ittel cardio both days, my guess is that i didnt get enough cals in, esp. sunday since i did cardio and tehn was on my feet ALL day literally dont think isat down till righ before bed, and still was only taking in around 2600 cals.....that mixed with almost no carsb both days, althoug my pre workout meal had about 125 g carbs in it so i dunno......got decently focused towards the end, ..........still feel like i got a good chest workout though, maybe iddnt get teh intesnte pumps but my reps were lower using bands alot on bench and hammer strength presses so hat could be why, we will see what soreness tomorrow brings haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. iForce Nutrition Presents : Maximize Intense - Full Profile Inside
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
  3. Maximize Intense..watcha got for me!?!
    By ISU152 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM
  4. Replies: 190
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 06:35 PM
  5. My Most Intense Cut (Log)
    By Simpfan1278 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 10:29 PM