LOG: Athletix+PES Lean Bulk!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey and thanks for stopping by. I'd like to thank judgementday, packers6211, and athletix for supplying me some great products; Division1 and Titanium XL. For the month of march, I will be stacking these bad boys with some of my own Erase, daa, and shift. Other supps will be noted in the log as well.

<pics/labels to come once delivered>

As of today, I have my daa, titanium, erase, and shift on hand. I am waiting for the D1 to be shipped to me once it is stocked with Athletix. The log will run for the duration of the products, a full 30 days for each!

what I need to know from any followers is:
- what do you want to know about these products?
-what would you like me, as the logger, to look out for, make note of, etc?

I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's recording pointless or uninteresting or unhelpful information. AM is a great resource for so many, and I'm hoping this log can add to the abundance of information on this forum.

So please let me know what YOU would like to see from this log and I will do my best to record it!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About me

Age-23

Height- 5'7"

Start Weight- (will record March 1) 158 as of 2/25/12

Target end weight- 165-170 (never worry about the scale, it's relatively meaningless IMO)

BF%-do not measure, but upper abs and serratus visible, also carrying some water

Body type- skinny-fat ecto (naturally high estrogen and cortisol levels, recent blood results show total test at 468, free test at 73.5 :( shgb at 33.
Possible bloodwork for post log update.

***pre log pics page 6***

List of supps for this log:
Titanium xl- 4 caps daily
Division 1- 4 caps daily
Prometheus rising (daa, agmatine, coleus, r ala)
Erase- 2 for first week, 3 weeks 2-3, taper week 4
Shift-3 caps daily
Slin sane (first time using) normally anabolic pump or n2s 2-3 caps daily
Tta500-1000mg daily
Acetyl l carnitine -1500mg daily
L tyrosine-1000mg daily
Multi
Extra zinc-30mg daily
Extra calcium and magnesium- 590/450
5htp+valerian for sleep 100mg at bed
Eviscerate on cardio only days
Big blend protein by betancourt

The log will focus mostly on the MAIN supps from PES and athletix, but I would be happy to answer any other questions regarding the others.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training and diet:

Training routine will be a direct/indirect 3 day split from x rep mass building book by Steve Holman and Jon Lawson. It is my first full x rep routine and I have made minor adjustments to it knowing what works and what doesn't for my body. It is a fairly simple mass building routine, no specialization really, although I try to keep a wide v taper back, as it helps create illusion of a smaller waist and better symmetry (something all skinny fat ectos should strive for). I will be honest, I peaked for a cruise in December, and it has been hard to regain the size and definition I had after toning it down for a little break. Training routines will be posted on daily updates. Extra Cardio will be done on off days and weekends SHOULD be off. Maybe see an extra cardio day on the weekend.
I can honestly say I DO NOT miss a training day. I will skip class or call out of work if it will keep me from training. F IT!

Diet:

I do not log macros any more; I haven't for some time. I got very caught up and obsessive about it and it wasn't a healthy thing to do mentally. Now that I know what works for my body, I just go with what I know and what I feel like. It is mostly a low carb diet, following lean gains, so 2 large meals+aminos and shakes. High protein and high HEALTHY fats. I will do a carb up day/cheat day once every 1-3 weeks depending on how I feel/look. Flexibility is key for long term success IMO.

I think this covers the basics so I will hopefully hear from some followers about what you would like to see out of this log! It will be a go on THURSDAY MARCH 1, 2012!

I will be starting my erase this Saturday at 2 caps a day(water retention from a natty t booster I am finishing) Then upping the dose once i start the other products.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
SUBBED!

Good luck bro!

PS - 5-HTP didn't make me sleep through the night but it sure as hell made me sleep 20 times better... still woke up like 4 times to piss but then fell back asleep ASAP... i have really bad problems with waking up in the middle of the night and getting like anxiety and laying awake for hours. I hope the 5-HTP will continue to provide me with results like this... if so it will be a keeper

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SUBBED!

Good luck bro!

PS - 5-HTP didn't make me sleep through the night but it sure as hell made me sleep 20 times better... still woke up like 4 times to piss but then fell back asleep ASAP... i have really bad problems with waking up in the middle of the night and getting like anxiety and laying awake for hours. I hope the 5-HTP will continue to provide me with results like this... if so it will be a keeper
Oooh yea sounds like me. I can't remember the last time I slept straight through the night. Literally not since i was a teenager or passed out drunk lol which I don't do anymore. I actually use tyrosine, Sam e, and 5htp as a natural sub for anti depressants which I was on from 17-21. I stopped cold turkey (bad idea) but once I adjusted after about 6 months, I felt like myself again after 4 looong years, those products help with serotonin and dopamine and norepinephrine release in the brain.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Oooh yea sounds like me. I can't remember the last time I slept straight through the night. Literally not since i was a teenager or passed out drunk lol which I don't do anymore. I actually use tyrosine, Sam e, and 5htp as a natural sub for anti depressants which I was on from 17-21. I stopped cold turkey (bad idea) but once I adjusted after about 6 months, I felt like myself again after 4 looong years, those products help with serotonin and dopamine and norepinephrine release in the brain.
Ive seen people go cold turkey off SSRI's it can be a nasty thing to go through thats for sure. My girlfriend takes SSRI's and before her I never believed in depression really, but when she missed them for a few weeks I could tell immedietly how things changed... now I will always believe there as definitely individuals that need them. My issue with anti depressents was and still is to a extent that doctors perscribe things before they completely diagnose, Im not a fan of them just handing them out so easy. Especially in young children... same thing wiht ADHD meds. They tried to put me on them when I was like 7 and my mom was like "hell no, hes a fxcking little boy... he's hyper... what do you expect?!"... so i don't like the starting people on meds when they are young thing... unless they need them... otherwise it kind of seems like a good way start a dependence on meds...

whoa sorry about the rant! Back to topic! Thats awesome that works for you so well! I bet its a good feeling!

I don't think I have too many issues other than my sleep anxiety and waking up and laying awake all night but even my gf said that maybe starting the 5-htp i will see improvements all around other than just sleep. I've definitely had these sleep issues ever since finishing up in the Marines.

Would you suggest I just take the 100mg before bed.. its the 12 hour time release... because Im thinking about taking one in the morning... but not sure if I should if I don't really need it? But I do kind of want to see if it would make any other positive changes for me... opinions bro?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im interested in the sides, overall feeling...i get random headaches with m1db.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've looked into Athletix before, so I am interested in how the stack works out for you. I would be interested in any side effects you experience and also effectiveness of the stack Week 1 vs Week 4.

Subscribed !

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive seen people go cold turkey off SSRI's it can be a nasty thing to go through thats for sure. My girlfriend takes SSRI's and before her I never believed in depression really, but when she missed them for a few weeks I could tell immedietly how things changed... now I will always believe there as definitely individuals that need them. My issue with anti depressents was and still is to a extent that doctors perscribe things before they completely diagnose, Im not a fan of them just handing them out so easy. Especially in young children... same thing wiht ADHD meds. They tried to put me on them when I was like 7 and my mom was like "hell no, hes a fxcking little boy... he's hyper... what do you expect?!"... so i don't like the starting people on meds when they are young thing... unless they need them... otherwise it kind of seems like a good way start a dependence on meds...

whoa sorry about the rant! Back to topic! Thats awesome that works for you so well! I bet its a good feeling!

I don't think I have too many issues other than my sleep anxiety and waking up and laying awake all night but even my gf said that maybe starting the 5-htp i will see improvements all around other than just sleep. I've definitely had these sleep issues ever since finishing up in the Marines.

Would you suggest I just take the 100mg before bed.. its the 12 hour time release... because Im thinking about taking one in the morning... but not sure if I should if I don't really need it? But I do kind of want to see if it would make any other positive changes for me... opinions bro?
No worries on the rant, I agree.

So that would be 200mg daily? I feel like that's a bit much IMO.. I do one cap at bed time (20/30min prior) it has 100mg 5htp and I forget how much valerian :( bc I cracked the bottle n tossed it out, so I don't have the label. The valerian is truly what helps w the sleep. Some ppl find 5htp mKes them groggy, but not me.. Alone, it wouldn't help me sleep at all honestly, I just take it at night bc it's with the valerian. If you wanted to get a 50mg capsule, you could do 50 am n 50 at bed.. Sounds like ur best bet to me

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've looked into Athletix before, so I am interested in how the stack works out for you. I would be interested in any side effects you experience and also effectiveness of the stack Week 1 vs Week 4.

Subscribed !
im interested in the sides, overall feeling...i get random headaches with m1db.
Thanks guys will definitely keep track n include in final review As well as throughout the log. Please link this to any one else u think might be interested!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
IN!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
No worries on the rant, I agree.

So that would be 200mg daily? I feel like that's a bit much IMO.. I do one cap at bed time (20/30min prior) it has 100mg 5htp and I forget how much valerian :( bc I cracked the bottle n tossed it out, so I don't have the label. The valerian is truly what helps w the sleep. Some ppl find 5htp mKes them groggy, but not me.. Alone, it wouldn't help me sleep at all honestly, I just take it at night bc it's with the valerian. If you wanted to get a 50mg capsule, you could do 50 am n 50 at bed.. Sounds like ur best bet to me
I definitely might just go ahead and break one of the 100mg in half and see how that works... for now I will stay at 100mg before bed (about 2 hours)... i felt like the first time in awhile I was rested :) next step will be adding the valerian

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely might just go ahead and break one of the 100mg in half and see how that works... for now I will stay at 100mg before bed (about 2 hours)... i felt like the first time in awhile I was rested :) next step will be adding the valerian
Cool. Keep me posted.

Thanks for joining, everyone else. Where the hell is Tommy (packers)?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I am thinking of a format to keep the daily logs simple and effective..

I will record supps/doses, possibly timing once I get that down, although certain ones may fluctuate. Diet will be simple to record, just a few words about it so no macro counting. Exercise is straight forward. Little observations write up.. And like a little list of 1-10 scale

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Immune System
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Notes-write up
^credit Rosie Chee Scott for development and jd for finding it for me

Every sat or Sunday I will weigh in since I don't have a scale at school. I go home for work on weekends n it sucks bc I'm a waiter. So 6 hours on my feet with no meal sucks! I go RIGHT from the gym too so I only have time to gulp down the worlds largest protein shake. I do take aminos or a shake in with me tho for during my shift

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool. Keep me posted.

Thanks for joining, everyone else. Where the hell is Tommy (packers)?
Tommy? im right here:D

O the other Tommy... last time I saw Packers was when his wife helped me sneek out of his house this morning.....

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha don't bring that drama round here!
:lol: no drama, just playin :) lol...

Here is the layout I tried before, I got it from Rosie's logs, her logging compares to no one else, not sure if you ever checked her logs out before, but wow just amazing detail.

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Immune System
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Body Composition and Look
Other Effects

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:lol: no drama, just playin :) lol...

Here is the layout I tried before, I got it from Rosie's logs, her logging compares to no one else, not sure if you ever checked her logs out before, but wow just amazing detail.

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Immune System
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Body Composition and Look
Other Effects
Lol I know u were. My gf is off limits tho!

That looks great. I do know Rosie, she's invaluable on here. Awesome person and resource.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cheda, I am looking for things I want to see in a log and one of the more important things aren't here. Lets see a current pic of you in whatever shape you are starting out in. With the line up you have coming we should be able to see some noticeable improvements in your physique.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheda, I am looking for things I want to see in a log and one of the more important things aren't here. Lets see a current pic of you in whatever shape you are starting out in. With the line up you have coming we should be able to see some noticeable improvements in your physique.
Yea in post one I mentioned I will get befre and after pics. It isnt officially starting til Thursday the first. So this weekend im gonna shave my ungodly hairy italian chest and shoulders :) and get some up. It sucks bc a 2 month ago for that cruise, I was probably the biggest and leanest I've ever been at once.. I should throw one of those up as well if i can get it on here.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yea in post one I mentioned I will get befre and after pics. It isnt officially starting til Thursday the first. So this weekend im gonna shave my ungodly hairy italian chest and shoulders :) and get some up. It sucks bc a 2 month ago for that cruise, I was probably the biggest and leanest I've ever been at once.. I should throw one of those up as well if i can get it on here.
Thats some pretty kick ass separation between your delts and traps on that avatar

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats some pretty kick ass separation between your delts and traps on that avatar
I kno! Haha that was peaked using erase, anabeta, Oxy elite andddd reduction am. I was doing 3 upper body superset workouts a week plus a leg day.. Hiit cardio 3x a week and one low intensity. Tuesdays and weekend off... Great program, high volume. I'm experimenting with lower volume routines being that it's winter.. I'm. Not likin it though.. 1-3 sets is not enough for me but I'm sticking with it... Some muscles are getting really sore, others feel like they're shrinking :/ I will prob adjust volume in another week or so

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just a question but in hindsight do you think the Ursobolic may have actually been helping you more during that time than you originally thought?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will try to post my 3 lifting workouts tonight if I have time.. Currently skipping class to get my low intensity cardio session in lol. I can't wait to be done with school. I came up two spots short for 3 positions at a police department herein ct... I still have an outside shot if any of the top 3 candidates fail their poly or psych exams. Then I'll be taking that job in A heart beat..

But for tonight I'd like some input on any exercise subs to aid in rebuilding my back v taper. In it's current state, I feel like the routine is Rounding me out... As in my shoulders and back have become too even with my hips and chest and legs.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a question but in hindsight do you think the Ursobolic may have actually been helping you more during that time than you originally thought?
YES 100% I'm on it right now actually... Will not be using during this log . But I've Been on since feb1. Definitely helped, especially during my recent off week (last week) durin which I lost 4 pounds! But got visibly bigger and harder..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am guessing you already intend to do pull ups and chin ups? What about rack chins those are amazing for adding some width to your lats. Static holds at the top of a pull up are great for that too.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I will try to post my 3 lifting workouts tonight if I have time.. Currently skipping class to get my low intensity cardio session in lol. I can't wait to be done with school. I came up two spots short for 3 positions at a police department herein ct... I still have an outside shot if any of the top 3 candidates fail their poly or psych exams. Then I'll be taking that job in A heart beat..

But for tonight I'd like some input on any exercise subs to aid in rebuilding my back v taper. In it's current state, I feel like the routine is Rounding me out... As in my shoulders and back have become too even with my hips and chest and legs.
One of my favorites for lats is Straight Arm Pull Downs

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I am guessing you already intend to do pull ups and chin ups? What about rack chins those are amazing for adding some width to your lats. Static holds at the top of a pull up are great for that too.
MrKleen how do you like to do your rack chins in regards to foot placement. I actually have never seen anyone do theese. I've done the reverse row or whatever you want to call it which looks kind of like a rack chin (just watched videos) except the rack chin looks more like a pull up. is that correct?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. This workout has chins and surprisingly it didn't have pullups. So I'm using them for warmups to some exercises. Rack chins I tried and HATED. I use straight arm pull downs, rope pulldowns, behind the head pulldowns for width. I will try to post the routine later but my gfs class got cancelled tonight so I might mot have the time.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yes. This workout has chins and surprisingly it didn't have pullups. So I'm using them for warmups to some exercises. Rack chins I tried and HATED. I use straight arm pull downs, rope pulldowns, behind the head pulldowns for width. I will try to post the routine later but my gfs class got cancelled tonight so I might mot have the time.
Gonna be busy? giggity giggity

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gonna be busy? giggity giggity
Haha well that was actually this afternoon. As a pre cardio warm up! Unfortunately my days of doubling r distant memories..hopefully once the whole stack arrives, that will change !

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Haha well that was actually this afternoon. As a pre cardio warm up! Unfortunately my days of doubling r distant memories..hopefully once the whole stack arrives, that will change !
Doubling... pft... I'm lucky if i get it monthly it seems like these days! And I'm only 2 years in to the relationship... I can't imagine some of the married guys on here... or maybe im just really neglected... oh man :damnit1:

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doubling... pft... I'm lucky if i get it monthly it seems like these days! And I'm only 2 years in to the relationship... I can't imagine some of the married guys on here... or maybe im just really neglected... oh man :damnit1:
Lol. Year and a half here. I dunno what to tell ya. How old are you?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im a fan of the X rep program. Ive followed it msyelf with good progress both for gains preservation while cutting. Tihis is quite the menu, are you familiar with most of these products and your response to them? Slin stane is pretty straight forward but I wanna know if you'll be able to folloow individual effects along with the syngeristic actions. Either way i trust to see some quality information posted. These are some big name items that would be a common pairing so Im sure a lot of us will find this insightful for our own future runs. Subbed!!!!

last time I saw Packers was when his wife helped me sneek out of his house this morning.....
Win.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tommy? im right here:D

O the other Tommy... last time I saw Packers was when his wife helped me sneek out of his house this morning.....

Oh snap Packers is in da frigging house for this one!!! Yeah only Jd didn't know while he was helping my wife out with valentines, I took a private jet to Canada and me and Jd's wife made snow angles in that canadian a$$ I mean ice haha. Nah Jd's my brother from another country. Def looking for this log. I just finished rehab today and finished 2 weeks in advance. Pt guy gave me 30lb db to try out 12 reps two sets no pain = Packers is back!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh snap Packers is in da frigging house for this one!!! Yeah only Jd didn't know while he was helping my wife out with valentines, I took a private jet to Canada and me and Jd's wife made snow angles in that canadian a$$ I mean ice haha. Nah Jd's my brother from another country. Def looking for this log. I just finished rehab today and finished 2 weeks in advance. Pt guy gave me 30lb db to try out 12 reps two sets no pain = Packers is back!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM
Awesome news. And I'm shipping your stuff this weekend btw.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im a fan of the X rep program. Ive followed it msyelf with good progress both for gains preservation while cutting. Tihis is quite the menu, are you familiar with most of these products and your response to them? Slin stane is pretty straight forward but I wanna know if you'll be able to folloow individual effects along with the syngeristic actions. Either way i trust to see some quality information posted. These are some big name items that would be a common pairing so Im sure a lot of us will find this insightful for our own future runs. Subbed!!!!

Win.
I have never used ss. Only anabolic pump and nedd2slin. But I am very in tune with my body's response to gda's. I have used one daa product and products with testofen (active ing in titanium) as well As products with 3,4 divanil (ing in div1). I have lots of experience with erase.

I am nervous about the work outs tho.. I just started on Monday and feel like it's just not enough volume.. Usually all lifts I do 4 sets except for some arm exercises.. I feel like I really need to hit everything hard in order to damage them enough for growth n repair.. I'm feeling softer than I'd like this week n it's driving me nuts.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah only Jd didn't know while he was helping my wife out with valentines, I took a private jet to Canada and me and Jd's wife made snow angles in that canadian a$$ I mean ice haha.
:lmao: you made me lol pretty good there ahaha :boobies:

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
alright here is a layout of the 3 lift days. i was just looking through some old pics on my phone.. i miss looking like i did lol but the workouts were so long and gruelling and was definitely over training... im so torn between keeping it low volume or just throwing caution to the wind and upping it. i suppose i will stay with the plan at least for the next 2 or 3 cold months and see where im at come cutting time (may) good thing beach season is only june-aug in CT! hopefully my body will adjust to the low volume and start growing.. do yall think that the body will begin to adjust and work with what training i give it?

* I have NEVER broken up legs to quads and hams before.. primarily bc they grow so easily and i can never find jeans large enough in the legs to still fit a 32-33 inch waist. right now im good, but even after one week of this workout, im worried my legs will outgrow everything else :-/ so i might keep weight low and reps higher for legs but still follow the split

*** x reps are partial reps done on the last set of denoted exercise. they are done at the 'turn around' point of an exercise or where peak contraction takes place to extend time under tension and increase intensity. it is a time saving technique as well as an intensity increasing technique.

Mondays- Quads, Chest, Back, Calves, Abs
one minute rest between work sets, 30 seconds rest between warm up sets

pre workout cardio- 5 minute run+15 minutes HIIT on treadmill+5 min incline walking
leg presses- 2 warm up sets single leg+ regular 2x15 (x reps at mid contraction point on final set)
leg extensions- 2x15 (final set drop set for 5 reps+ x reps)
DB sumo squats on two benches- 3x15
Single leg extensions-2x15+x reps
seated calf raises- 2 warm up sets+ 2x20 + x reps
standing calf raises- 2x10 (final set drop set x5)
chest dips- 2 sets x body weight, weighted 2x7-9 + x reps
flat bench cable flys- 2x7 (final set drop set of 5)
incline db press- 2x7-9+ xreps
incline db flyes- 2x7 (final set drop set x5)
wide grip pull ups- 2x max x bodyweight ( i added these)
v handle lat pulldowns- 2x7-9 +x reps
db pullovers-1 warmup+ 2x7-9 (original work out only has 1 set.. not enough)
underhand grip pull downs- 2x7 (final set drop set x5)
one arm db rows- 2x7-9 +x reps
bent over laterals straight arm- 2x7 (final set drop x5)
reverse hyperextensions- 2x25 (added these)
Bb upright rows- 2x7-9 + x reps
db shrugs- 2x7 + drop set x5 (i added these)
Pinwheel curls - 2x7-9 +x reps
French presses- 2x7-9 +x reps
db forearm work
Abs- leg raises 3 sets of 20 (slow controlled and bring hips off floor at top), swiss ball pikes 3 sets of 20, weighted decline crunches 3 sets 20, bent over stick twists 2 sets 25 each side) 30 seconds rest between abs sets
post workout cardio- 10-15 minutes low intensity steady state cardio on ellipt or tread

Tuesday- low intensity cardio 45-50 minutes or off

Wednesday- Hams, Delts, Bi's, Tri's, Abs
30 seconds rest between warm up sets and abs, 1 min rest between work sets
pre workout cardio- 5 minute run+15 minutes HIIT on treadmill+5 min incline walking

Reverse Lunges with barbell- 2 warm up sets+2x12
Straight leg deads-3x15,12,10
leg curls- 2x15+final set drop set x5+x reps
hyperextensions- 2x25
Single leg curls -2x15+x reps
db shoulder press- 2 warmup+ 2x7-9 + x reps
incline one arm db laterals- 2x7-9 +x reps
db upright rows- 2x7 final set drop set x5+x reps
over head db flys (palms forward)- 2x7-9 +x reps (i added these)
Lying db crushers+presses-2 warm up+ 2x7-9+x reps
Cable pushouts, straight bar 2 warmup+ 2x7-9
db kickbacks- 2x7 final set drop x5
chinups- 2x bodyweight x max (i added these)
under hand chins ups- 2x7-9 weighted + x reps
Bb curls 1 warmup+ 2x7 (drop to 5 final set)
incline db curls- 1 warm up+ 2x7-9 + x reps
concentration curls- 2x7, final set drop x5
db forearms work
abs-weighted swiss ball crunch 2x20, standing cable crunches 2x20, overhead weighed side bends 3x12, hyperextension bench side bends 3x15, standing cable twists 3x15, planks 2x 1 minute
post workout cardio- low inesnsity steady state 10-15 mins

Thursday- low intensity cardio 45-50 minutes

Friday- full body

deadlifts- 2 warmup+ 2x8-10 (im used to doing 5-6 work sets of deadlift)
hyperextensions- 2x25 x bodyweight
Standing calves - 3x15, drop set 8+x reps
behind neck lat pulldowns- 2 warmup+ 2x7 final set drop x5 (subbed these)
straight arm lat pulldowns- 2x7-9 +x reps
rope attach lat pulldowns- 2x7 final drop x5
straight bar cable rows- 2x7-9 +x reps
facepulls- 2x7 final drop x5
smith machine press to neck, wide grip- 2 warmup+ 2x7-9 +x reps
machine flys- 2x7 final set dropx5
incline db press- 2x7-9 +xreps
Cable crossovers -2x7-9 + static hold
behind neck bb press- 2 warmup+ 2x7-9 +x reps
Bb shrugs- 2x7-9 + x reps
Cable lateral raises -2x7 final set dropx5
front cable raises- 2x7 final set dropx5 (added these)
v handle tricep pushdowns- 2x7 final drop x5
straight bar cable curls- 2x7 final drop x5
abductor machine work (added, dont have at my school gym) 4 sets of 20 increasing weight, 5th set x 20 drops weight
glute machine (added, dont have at my school gym) 2x15 each leg
forearm bb work
abs- hanging leg raise- 3x20, reverse crunches 3x15, rope cable crunches 3x20, ab machine 3x20, 50 bicycle crunches, side planksx1 min each side
post workout cardio steady state low intensity 10-15 minutes

weekends off or one cardio day

once i reach the high end of a rep range (9) on one set and 7-9 on another set, i will increase weight ~5 lbs except for legs, they dont need to grow!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some pics

first is 2006, 100lbs, lost 90lbs from being anorexic
Second is December 2011 which I'd like to get back to. I don't have a front shot but I was pretty defined
Third is October 2011 before I started to cut in December for vaca
Current pic will be up most likely this weekend or def by start of log.

image-2476672085.png

image-86228590.png

image-2897392668.png

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap!!! Those are some huge changes, very impressive. Keep up the good work!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Subbed cam

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. What do u think about those workouts?
Well for me my body wouldn't react well to that type of training for muscle growth. In the last 4 months I've changed how my weight lifting routines are and I can say it was for the best, I've got really good results sticking to a simple 3 day a week routine.

I've been doing,
Monday-Legs&abs(slight cardio with sled drags)
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday-Push Day(chest, triceps and shoulders)
Thursday- Cardio
Friday- Pullday(back biceps, forearms)
Saturday- Cardio
Sunday- Off

If I find I didn't make much improvement in 2 weeks I'll switch it up for a week to this

Monday-Chest/Back
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday-LegsT
hursday- Cardio
Friday- Shoulders Arms
Saturday- Cardio
Sunday- Off

OR even switch it to working the same muscle group twice a week, just less working sets and less exercises.

Monday-Legs
Tuesday- Push Day
Wednesday-Pullday
Thursday- Legs
Friday- Push day
Saturday- Pullday
Sunday- Off

Example of my Pushday

Bench Press- 4 warm up sets, 6-8 working sets at 5-6 reps.
Incline Bench- 2 warm up sets, 5 working sets at 5-6 reps
Dips- 1 warm up set, 4 working sets
Incline flys- 3 working sets 10-15 reps
DB skull crushers--SuperSet---Pushdowns- 5-8 working sets 8-12 reps
Shoulder Circuit
Overhead DB Press- 15-30 reps
Raises(side, front, side thumbs up, front thumbs up)- 15-30 reps
Shrugs- 10 reps, hold/rest, 10 reps
Close grip stability bar bench-15-30 reps
Repeated 3-4 times

Some say it's overtraining going 2-2.5 hours, but this has been working amazing for me. I focus on getting a lot of working sets in with compound lifts. Another new thing for me is going light on shoulders at the end, you already hit shoulders hard on bench and incline, once every 3-4 weeks ill throw a hard shoulder day in. Another thing is I keep switching it up every week, never the same exact routne. For bench one week I may do 8 working sets of 5 pause rep sets or 3 rep sets, bench with bands, benching with reverse bands, chains, floor press, speed benching, drop sets, pyramids, switch to Incline DB press one week. Just always switching it up. My friend at the gym has a 555lbs raw bench, guys he train with are lifting around the same, I figured maybe I should be learning from these guys, im glad I did, because these types of workouts I've been doing has changed my entire view on putting on muscle and strength.

During the workouts I tend to sweat a crazy amount so I like to stay hydrated, wheather im drinking some Formula-X/water or BCAA's/Gatorade. Another thing I just started doing is taking a 35g protein shot in the middle of my workout when im feeling really pumped and then another 35g shot right after my last set.

Not in anyway am I saying you should change your routine, because maybe it works best for you, everyones body reacts different. Just thought I'd share what routine I've found that works really good for myself and just suggesting to try more compound type lifts to build mass.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great info ^

I am used to the 2 hour routines and with cardio n abs i usually m there 2-2.5.. As an ecto i need more frequent stimulation, so I like to hit each muscle group twice a week. This x rep routine Is a very basic one out of one of thir books. I figured I'd start basic before jumping into their more advanced versions. It's supposed to be a straight forward mass builder.. So I will try it for another week and make tweaks were NEeded.