12 wk cut - PES Alpha T2, Shift, Anabeta & Erase Pro with Oxyelite Pro/EAS stack.

mattkill

Awards
Sup Fellas. My first post on AnabolicMinds and i am stoked.
i started a cut on Monday, Feb 13, 2012.

Supplements :
PES Alpha T2
PES Shift
PES Anabeta
PES Erase Pro
ON Whey
ON Platinum hydrobuilder
multivitamins
Omega 3s
OxyElite Pro - for now. May switch to ECA stack later or just add Primatene tabs.

ABOUT me :

Im 40 years old. weigh 223lbs. I have built up some good foundation having played Rugby since elementary school. i started to focus more on bodybuilding about 10 years ago as i eased off from competitive rugby. My goal then was to just stay fit & healthy. July last year i was hospitalised. For a whole month the little i ate either went right through or i threw it back up. I lost 50lbs of mass dropping from 220 to 170lbs. i bounced back quite quick from that eating anything and everything in sight. So now im at 223lbs of muscle and a good amount of fat. I started my cut yesterday with the above supplements.

Training:
Cardio first thing AM a mix of HIIT & LISS - M, T, W, Th, Fr, Sat
Weights PM.
mon - chest/tri
tues - back/bi
weds - legs
thurs - shoulders
fri - arms
sat - any lagging areas

GOAL - drop to below 10% body fat in 12 weeks.
- lose 10 inches from around the waistline 43 to 33 inches
- maintain/build muscle as i lose fat

DIET - I am somewhere between MESO & ENDO. through trial and error over the years, my body works optimally on Dr Pasquale's METABOLIC DIET - high protein, high fat & 0 - 30g of carb per day.

For the last 4 weeks i have been on a 3600 cal diet per day - 60% fat (270g) and 40% protein (360g) and less than 30g of carbs. I carb load once a week - on sundays eating as much carbs as i can and very little fat. The reason for high fat as per Dr Pasquale is to get the body to switch from using carbs as energy to using fat. This is not for everybody. Some folks work well on high carbs, some don't. I don't, being that i am very carb sensitive. I put on weight/fat FAST even on a moderate carb diet.

Starting Monday, i am decreasing my fat intake to 170g per day. (100g less than the last 4 weeks).
Protein will be maintained at 360g per day.
Carbs still be 0 - 30g per day.
Carb load on sunday - mix of both fast & slow carbs.

Every week, ill drop my fat intake more, so my body can tap into its fat storage for energy as per 'Cutting on the Metabolic Diet"

STATS

40 yrs old.
5' 8''
223 LBS
Waist line at widest area when im relaxed - 43 inches
right calf - 19.5 inches ( genetics & rugby )
left calf - 18.5
right upper arm - 16.5 light flex
left upper arm - 17 light flex
middle upper right thigh - 26.5
middle upper left thigh - 26
chest - 46 relaxed.
neck - 17.5

ill post pics as soon as i can. Ive read good reviews on these PES supps - im here to try 'em out and hopefully with hard core training & diet, ill reach my goal in 12 weeks.

mattkill

Awards
Day 2 - feb 14 2012.

strength is normal. yesterday was back/bi day. just the 2nd day on my cut/cut stack.
dumbell rows . pyramid up to 125lbs dumbells - did 2 sets x 7 reps on that weight. normal. its just the 2nd day as i said.
i then jumped on the iso lateral dy machine - pyramid up to 5, 45lb plates per side. 225lbs total per side. managed 5 reps rowing one side at a time. been a while since i attempted that weight.

the change ive noticed so far on day 2 is increase in thirst & hunger. usually on the metabolic diet, the high fat keeps you satiated so you dont feel hungry. But day 2 im feeling ravenous when i wake up in the morning and in between meals. And dramatic increase in thirst. From the reviews ive read on PES supps, thats due to ANABETA.

glad im feeling something.

DAY 2 ... so far so good.

mattkill

Awards
day 3 - feb 15, 2012

leg day ! am cardio ... HIIT 20 MINS

PM - Leg press - pyramid up to 1010lbs - 11 45lb plates plus 1 10lb plate per side. completed 2 sets at that weight 8 reps each.
that weight is normal for me ...... legs is my strongest. unfortunately i don't do squats as much due to rugby knee injury so i try to go heavy as i can on leg presses.

if i can easily press 12 45lb plates per side or even 13 in the coming weeks, that will be a new PR - and being that the only change is addition of the PES supps, then ill credit PES for that. We'll see.

leg press, 3 sets hack squat, leg extensions, calf raises. Good sweat. good leg day.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed!

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I have the Erase pro and shift being delivered today so I will be doing something similar, looking forward to seeing how you progress with Alpha T2 and anabeta added in. I cant mess with the Alpha T2, I kept getting sinus problems and headaches from the Rauwolscine HCl.. its a shame because it seemed to work just couldnt take the sides...

mattkill

Awards
Subbed. I have the Erase pro and shift being delivered today so I will be doing something similar, looking forward to seeing how you progress with Alpha T2 and anabeta added in. I cant mess with the Alpha T2, I kept getting sinus problems and headaches from the Rauwolscine HCl.. its a shame because it seemed to work just couldnt take the sides...
thats too bad man. have you tried easing slowly into it? 1 per day for starters? i tell you what - try this mind trick. Just convince yourself that you're not get sides from it. So take it AND DO NOT expect the sides. I usually do that with supps & allergies. I used to have bad pollen allergies evry spring. One day i just got too tired of the wheezing & watery eyes, so i walked out the door one of those bad days, took 10 deep breaths with 100% defiance telling myself that i wont be allergic no more to pollen - that cured me on the spot !!! lolz.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you have some lofty goals....but a hellova supp lineup...put in the work and you can do it-GOOD LUCK!!!!

mattkill

Awards
day 4 - thurs 16 feb, 2012

shoulders

shoulder press machine. working each shoulder individually.
2 sets warm up - 20lbs, 15reps per set
1st set - 50lbs/12 reps 2nd set - 70lbs/10 reps 3rd set - 90lbs/8 reps 4th set - 120lbs/3 reps

lateral raise machine
pyramid up 50/80/110/125lbs x 8 reps

dumbell shrugs
pyramid up 100/110/120/125 x 8 reps.

dbell raise
pyramid up 10/15/20 x 8 reps

rear del machine
100/130/160 x 8 reps

mattkill

Awards
day 5 - fri 17 feb, 2012

cardio am - HIIT 20 mins. walking on treadmill. increasing Incline & Speed. good sweat going !

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
thats too bad man. have you tried easing slowly into it? 1 per day for starters? i tell you what - try this mind trick. Just convince yourself that you're not get sides from it. So take it AND DO NOT expect the sides. I usually do that with supps & allergies. I used to have bad pollen allergies evry spring. One day i just got too tired of the wheezing & watery eyes, so i walked out the door one of those bad days, took 10 deep breaths with 100% defiance telling myself that i wont be allergic no more to pollen - that cured me on the spot !!! lolz.

I wish that was the case. Yeah Ive tried it in a number of things, Alphaburn/Heat Stack/OEP had to stop them all. i actually have unopened bottles still sitting in my place because I cant use it. My only thought is maybe running it with a Bronkaid or Primatene for the added guaf, but I will just have to do it with diet and hardER work I guess

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish that was the case. Yeah Ive tried it in a number of things, Alphaburn/Heat Stack/OEP had to stop them all. i actually have unopened bottles still sitting in my place because I cant use it. My only thought is maybe running it with a Bronkaid or Primatene for the added guaf, but I will just have to do it with diet and hardER work I guess

I had GREAT results with Erase/Shift awhile back, you'll definitely get solid results without sides

mattkill

Awards
you have some lofty goals....but a hellova supp lineup...put in the work and you can do it-GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thanks "TheBigT" . appreciate that. It's finally time i get down to it, get below 10%, then to 5% & step on stage.

mattkill

Awards
then stay with SHIFT. 1 pill has 150 mcg of 3,3-diiodo-l-thyronine , the same amount in Alpha T2. Speaking of Bronkaid/caffeine (EC). i started that today, Monday Feb 20.

mattkill

Awards
Day 7 - Sunday Feb 19, 2012.

Sunday's my CARB LOAD DAY !
started day with 45 mins LISS cardio.

MEASUREMENTS before CARB LOAD:

WAIST LINE - 41.75 !!! down from 43 inches 6days ago! I'm friggin stoked y'all !

WEIGHT - 227.6LBS UP from 223lbs 6 days ago!! lolz. Well, problem was, i used a manual scale on Mon 13th that gave me 223lbs. Sunday, i stepped on an electronic scale which was more accurate - Which means that i really weighed about 229/230 when i started.
Fact is, i'm not really concerned about my weight. As long as i am losing inches where i need to, im happy with that. Hey, 220lbs at 7% bodyfat aint bad at all esp if the goal is to compete ..... But i'll still be weighing in every Sunday .....

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
then stay with SHIFT. 1 pill has 150 mcg of 3,3-diiodo-l-thyronine , the same amount in Alpha T2. Speaking of Bronkaid/caffeine (EC). i started that today, Monday Feb 20.
Yeah I saw that, thats what made me pick it up. This stuff worked well for me in the past, it was just more of a thought about not having the stims haha.

And I saw the results, good stuff, keep it up!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Subbed man. Anabeta, alpha T2, and revamp were the sh*t in my opinion. I'm looking forward to see how this goes for you.

mattkill

Awards
Subbed man. Anabeta, alpha T2, and revamp were the sh*t in my opinion. I'm looking forward to see how this goes for you.
thanks bro ! did you do a cut on that? anabeta, AT2 & revamp? how did that go??

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
I tried to recomp more than cut, but with a clean diet and some cardio I went from 203 to 195 and felt great, had nice full muscles, and had no strength loss. It was an excellent stack.

mattkill

Awards
WK 2 .

monday ... Feb 20, 2012.

no cardio AM. didn't wanna burn any carb/glycogen i loaded up yesterday.

Today, i am replacing Oxyelite pro with EC - Bronkaid tabs with 25mg ephedrine sulphate & 200mg caffeine tabs. start with 2 doses per day - 1 with b/f and 2nd dose an hour before pm workout. Maybe add another dose beginning wk 3. A lil lightheaded after first EC dose....def felt like an increase in my body temp. Did NOT feel this when i was on Oxyelite pro. Took 2nd dose EC preworkout with 2nd daily dose of AT2, shift & anabeta - YO ! felt like i was high on some *&^% . ( not that ive done it .... :) )

weight today - 230.0 ! gained almost 3lbs from carb load. this gonna be gone by weds. Hit Chest HARD ! weights basically same from last week but big difference is the PUMP !!! yo it was INSANE !!!! i guess its a combo of erase pro, anabeta & my carb load yesterday. (and im not taking any preworkout drink of NO2 ). looked massive in the mirror when i was done.

good start to WK 2 fellas !

mattkill

Awards
WK 2 DIET UPDATE.

recap - im on Dr Pasquales's Metabolic Diet. High Fat, High Protein, 0 - 30g carbs per day. 6 days i follow this regiment strictly, 7th day i Carb load. I have been on the "maintenance stage" of the Metabolic Diet whole month of January til Mon Feb 13 when i began my cut. Based on the diet recommendations, my fat intake per day (for this maintenance stage) was 270g. I dropped this amount to 170g when i began the cut.

wk 1 - 170g fat per day ( mainly from red meat, peanut butter & fish oil)
- 360g protein per day ( red meat, protein shakes, eggs, fish, peanut butter)
- 0 to 30g carb a day
- carb loaded sunday (gained 3lbs from this carb load - which will be gone come weds or thurs )

NOW for WK 2, im dropping my fat intake further by about 450/500 calories per day.

WK 2 - droppin my fat by 50g - from 170g to 120g per day.
- protein stays at 360g per day
- 0 -30g carb per day.
- carb load on SUNDAY.

Dr Pasquale's Metabolic Diet aint for everyone folks. Some ppl work well on moderate to high carbs. I dont. For my body type -meso/endo, low carb works well for me. Does not mean i avoid the carb load day - hell nah - i cant wait for Sun morning to hit IHOPS after my AM cardio and gobble up 2 stacks of pancakes with butter & strawberry compote ! & thats just for starters :) Being that im almost 0 carbs for 6 days, all 'em carbs i consume on carb load day goes straight into my muscles and no spillover into fat storage. Come monday, the pump i get is insane. its even crazier now with the PES supps im taking.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
subbd buddy...Where the before pics? put em up!!

mattkill

Awards
WK 2

tues feb 21 - sun feb 25 (day 9 - 14)

good week. damn busy work/travelling so could not post daily but summarize what transpired.
weights - feeling strong, basically followed my routine from wk 1, no change in weights lifted
cardio - as per wk 1
supps - took 'em as directed, switched to EC stack ilo Oxyelite pro. feel more amped taking EC with AT2 ..... not as intense as monday but still wired for a good workout.

mattkill

Awards
SUNDAY FEB 25 (DAY 14)

i look forward to sundays when i measure my weight & waist line before i do early AM cardio before CARB LOAD.

weight today - 225.4 lbs. (down 2lbs from 227.6 lbs - weight last sunday before carb load)
waist line - 41 inches. (down from 41.75 last sunday before carb load)

SO in 2 weeks, ive lost about 5lbs & 2 inches. awesome.

ill carb load today, and tomorrow will definitely be 3-4lbs heavier, but target is to be under 225.4 and 41 inches before carb load next sunday (day 21)

mattkill

Awards
WEEK 3

MONDAY FEB 28.

no AM cardio - preserving all glycogen from carb load for PM lift.

weight PM - 228.7lbs. Gained 3lbs from from sunday carb load yesterday. thats the norm. the extra weight will be gone by weds. looking bloated today from all carbs i ingested yesterday.

PM weights. - switching to German Volume Training next 4 weeks. 1 exercise per body part; lift 50-60% of 1 rep max for 10 x 10. 10 sets 10 reps
therefore 100 reps for each exercise.

day 1 - push exercises chest/shoulder/tris
day 2 - pull exercises back/bi
day 3 - legs
day 4 - repeat day 1
day 5 - repeat day 2
day 6 & 7 - rest.

mattkill

Awards
monday feb 28 (day 15)

German Volume Training - CHEST / SHOULDERS / TRIS

start with machine shoulder press (shoulders)

sets 1 - 5. 2, 45lb plates, 5 sets, 1min rest bet sets, 50reps
sets 6 - 10. 45+10+5lb plates, 5 sets, 1 min rest bet sets, 50 reps. burn was intense sets 8, 9 & 10

Incline machine press (chest)

sets 1 - 5. 90lbs each side, 50 reps total
sets 6 - 10. 115lbs each side, 50 reps total.

close grip press (triceps)

sets 1 - 5. 45lbs each side, 50 reps total
sets 6 - 10. 70lbs per side, 50 reps total.

German Volume Training is Intense. Feels like doing HIIT cardio.

mattkill

Awards
monday feb 28 (day 15)

German Volume Training - CHEST / SHOULDERS / TRIS

start with machine shoulder press (shoulders)

sets 1 - 5. 2, 45lb plates, 5 sets, 1min rest bet sets, 50reps
sets 6 - 10. 45+10+5lb plates, 5 sets, 1 min rest bet sets, 50 reps. burn was intense sets 8, 9 & 10

Incline machine press (chest)

sets 1 - 5. 90lbs each side, 50 reps total
sets 6 - 10. 115lbs each side, 50 reps total.

close grip press (triceps)

sets 1 - 5. 45lbs each side, 50 reps total
sets 6 - 10. 70lbs per side, 50 reps total.

German Volume Training is Intense. Feels like doing HIIT cardio.
001.JPG

mattkill

Awards
aitte yall. shud have taken a pic on day 1. But that was taken yesterday mon feb 28, 2 weeks after i began my cut.

41 inch waist - looks bigger coz of bloating from carb load the previous day
228.7 lbs. gained 3lbs from carb load. (weight before carb load was 225.4)

mattkill

Awards
tues feb 29 (Day 16)

German Volume Training. Pull Day. Back & Biceps.

BACK. Dumbell rows

sets 1 - 5. 100lbs dbell . 10reps per side . 50 reps per side total.
sets 6 - 10. 110lbs dbell. 10 reps per side. 50 reps per side total.

BICEPS. Straight Bar Curl.

sets 1 - 3. 50lb bar . 10 reps per set. total 30 reps
sets 4 - 6. 60lb bar . 10 reps per set. total 30 reps
sets 7 - 10. 70lb bar. 10 reps per set. total 40 reps.

started low with straight bar curl as biceps already had a good pump from the 10 sets of dumbell rows.
this is my first week doing GVT (intend to do it for 4 weeks total). Ideally for the whole 10 sets, weight should be same throughout i.e. 50 - 60%
of 1 rep max. I keep on increasing weights as im still trying to gauge what is ideal for me to do in 10 sets while maintaining good strict form.

mattkill

Awards
weds mar 01 . day 17 . wk 3

quads/calves . GVT.

squats on smith machine
sets 1 - 5 . 45lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total
sets 6 - 10, 70lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total. INSANE BURN at sets 8, 9 & 10 though weight was only 140lbs.

decided to further destroy my legs doing 3 sets of leg press. 540lbs. 8 reps per set.

CALVES . standing calf raise machine.

150lbs. 10 x 10 . 100 reps total.

mattkill

Awards
Thurs. Mar 02. Day 18. wk 3

PUSH DAY on German Volume Training. Chest/shoulders/Tris.

CHEST - Iso Wide Machine.
sets 1- 5 . 90lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total
sets 6-10. 135lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total

SHOULDERS - Front Press Smith Machine.
sets 1 - 3. 45lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 30 reps total
sets 4 - 6. 70lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 30 reps total
sets 7 - 10. 90lbs per set. 10 reps per set. 40 reps total.

TRIS - V pushdown.

sets 1 - 10. 230lbs . 10 reps per set. 100reps total.

mattkill

Awards
Friday Mar 03. Day 19. Wk 3

PULL DAY. German Volume Training. Back/Biceps

BACK - Iso row machine.
sets 1 - 5. 90lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total.
sets 6 - 10. 135lbs per side. 10 reps per set. 50 reps total.

BICEPS. - Machine Preacher Curls.
sets 1 - 3. 45lb plate. 30 reps total
sets 3 - 6. 90lbs. 30 reps total
sets 7 - 10. 105lbs. 40 reps total.

FOREARMS. BackWrist Curl
sets 1 - 10. 110lb straight bar. 100reps total.

mattkill

Awards
Sunday. Mar 04. Day 21. Wk 3.

CARB - LOAD DAY.

my bad fellas. screwed up my dates last week as u can see from the above posts.

ANywaz, cardio AM. 1 hr walk on treadmill - moderate to max incline .

weight before carb load = 223.0.
weight last sunday (day 14) before carb load = 225.4

therefore, weight loss wk 3 = 2.3lbs !!

Unfortunately, waistline remains at 41 inches !! damn !!
And a trainer measured my body fat percentage using a hand-held device - measured at 29% !! double damn !!
(i question the accuracy of that device ....... but hey, its gonna get below 20%, 15% then 10%. im not dissapointed.
It is what it is, and just gives me the drive to push even harder but smarter.)

im losing roughly 2 lbs per week since i began the cut; Diet is spot on; so i AM on the right track !!!

Now lets go eat some pancakes !!! (carb load y'all )

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is one hell of a stack, how did I miss this?!

In the excitement I am going to overlook that you are changing the GVT formula which is sacrilegious lol.

mattkill

Awards
That is one hell of a stack, how did I miss this?!

In the excitement I am going to overlook that you are changing the GVT formula which is sacrilegious lol.
guilty as charged LOLZ.

im just trying to get my base weights for the different exercises then ill do same weight for whole 10 sets :) intend to do GVT for 4 weeks only.

mattkill

Awards
Wk 4 . Mon Mar 05 - Sunday Mar 11.

Im just gonna do a summary here of what transpired the past week.

Followed German Volume Training as Week 3

monday/thurs - push. Chest/Shoulders/tris
Tues/Fri - pull. back/bi. added forearms
Weds - quads/calves
Sat - hams/calves

cardio tues - sunday. AM before breakfast. HIIT.

review - stronger in all areas except quads. bummer ! broke a knee high school days so it plays up now n then. i tried to work around
it blasting heavy on leg extensions.

weight sunday morning before carb load - 223lbs. ( no change from last week !!)
waist measurememt before carb load - 40 inches. ( 1 inch down from end of week 3 )

THEREFORE FOR THE FIRST 4 WEEKS ON MY STACK:

wk 1 starting weight = 230 . end wk 4 = 223. Loss of 7 lbs
waist begin wk 1 = 43 inches. end of wk 4 = 40 inches. Loss of 3 inches

GOALS FOR WK 5/6/7/8 :

*Adjust macro. increase protein & lower fat intake even further
*Continue AM cardio and add PM cardio 20 minutes HIIT after weights
*Lose 3 - 4 more inches waistline by end week 8
*Weight - whatever it is by end of wk 8. Losing weight is NOT my priority - LOSING INCHES is ! But a drop in weight would also mean
increased fat thermogenesis. Id love to be 220 at 10% body fat, but priority right now is dropping my waist line to 33 by wk 12 while
maintain muscle mass.

keep ya'll posted.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't lower fat too much, especially on a cut and with some pre-existing knee issues. You'll need the extra cushioning from the fats and satiety that they provide as you get deeper into the cut.

mattkill

Awards
Don't lower fat too much, especially on a cut and with some pre-existing knee issues. You'll need the extra cushioning from the fats and satiety that they provide as you get deeper into the cut.
appreciate yr advice. what do you suggest i keep fat level at??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
appreciate yr advice. what do you suggest i keep fat level at??
What's your target caloric intake? I too am an advocate of high fat, high protein diets, but I don't like to cut calories too much. Instead, I like to let cardio burn off the fat while continuing to lift as hard as possible.

mattkill

Awards
What's your target caloric intake? I too am an advocate of high fat, high protein diets, but I don't like to cut calories too much. Instead, I like to let cardio burn off the fat while continuing to lift as hard as possible.
awesome. 4 weeks prior to cut i was on the 'maintenance' stage of the metabolic diet. for my weight. 360g P, 270g fat, 0-30g carbs
WK 1 of the cut kept protein and carbs at same level, but decreased FAT by 100g. from 270 to 170g
WK 2 , P & C same levels, but fat went down further by 50g (450calories) to 120g per day
WK 3 & 4, P & C same, lowered fat by another 50g to 70g a day.

weird that wk 3, i lost about 2lbs but NO change in waist measurement. but Wk 4, weight stayed same at 223 (before carb load weight) but lost an inch waistline.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's some major weekly caloric reductions. You'll be below your BMR, which is a bad idea to do for an extended period of time. Honestly, I would have stayed at 170g and slightly increased protein and then let the cardio and supplements burn off the fat.

mattkill

Awards
That's some major weekly caloric reductions. You'll be below your BMR, which is a bad idea to do for an extended period of time. Honestly, I would have stayed at 170g and slightly increased protein and then let the cardio and supplements burn off the fat.
thanks bud. im seriously thinking of upping my fats again and see that goes for a few weeks.