BioForge Review with Bloodwork

alamo333

Awards
Last thread disappeared, so I'm reposting it here. If there is a problem please let me know how to mix it mods (last thread received some good response so not sure why it was removed).

I've been lifting for 2-3 years with very slow progress. My body has progressed to a better fitness level visually and performance wise- but not at the rate I feel it should based on the work I am putting in. I have taken my share of protein shakes, creatine, and preworkout supps.

Decided to take the plunge with a natural test booster to try to get an extra edge in the gym. I also had bloodwork done via Lab Corp to see if it really did work and validate my anecdotal results (I feel there is very little empirical data out there backing up a lot of these supplements, hoping to contribute to the change of that).
I did one blood test at the peak of the bioforge v3 cycle, and another about 2 months after to capture levels at my normal life style after it had exited my system- but made sure to maintain a similar workout routine as when on bioforge.

The bottom line:
Tested blood 4 weeks in to a 2 bottle run of Bioforge v3.
Test- 465 ng/DL
FSH- 3.7 (range 1.5-12.4)
LH- 10.2 (range 1.7-8.6) HIGH
Estradiol- 43 (range 7.6-42.6) HIGH

Had my test levels checked again~ 2 months later after finishing the bio run with similar workout regimen.
Test- 365 ng/DL
FSH- 3.1
LH- 4.1
Estradiol- 24.2 (range 7.6-42.6)

Shows about a 27% increase in test according to lab tests. Huge increase in my LH (feedback on this?). As far as how I felt, I hit some lifting PR's and generally felt good on Bio.

I do feel it works and evidence would point to that as well. It wasn't as mind blowing as some of the reviews would indicate, but I was satisfied. I gained about 3 lbs or so during the 8 weeks but not all completely lean. Since, my lifts have come down from where they were on bio. For full disclosure at the peak of the cycle I did start to feel some nip sensitivity which I've never had before (could be linked to the spike of estradiol while on it). I know that 43 level of e2 isn't extraordinarily high- but everyone's body reacts differently and that is what I experienced. I feel Bioforge would probably be more effective if stacked with some kind of estrogen control to perhaps maximize that high level of LH and reduce possible aromatization effects. Will be taking this again and more detailed logs/lifts/bloods most likely to follow- for the sake of science, and of course my progress :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Should have had blood done before taking it

alamo333

Awards
Should have had blood done before taking it
Why is that? I don't see why my baseline would be different before taking or months after. Didn't think a natural test booster would permanently affect my hormone levels. Started up again w triazole after having the post bloods taken so may get tested again in a few weeks.

D3Baseball

Awards
Why is that? I don't see why my baseline would be different before taking or months after. Didn't think a natural test booster would permanently affect my hormone levels. Started up again w triazole after having the post bloods taken so may get tested again in a few weeks.
Well this is what you'd like to prove - 1. It raises T 2. It doesn't suppress it afterwards While I don't necessarily think so, it's possible that you have only shown it to suppress since we don't know the original baseline.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well this is what you'd like to prove - 1. It raises T 2. It doesn't suppress it afterwards While I don't necessarily think so, it's possible that you have only shown it to suppress since we don't know the original baseline.
yep

alamo333

Awards
That is a point I didn't consider- but do you really think a natural test booster would be suppressive to T levels months after finishing? I'm not taking about an AAS/DS/PH cycle here. Tried to be helpful by getting BW done, I guess take what value you can.

D3Baseball

Awards
That is a point I didn't consider- but do you really think a natural test booster would be suppressive to T levels months after finishing? I'm not taking about an AAS/DS/PH cycle here. Tried to be helpful by getting BW done, I guess take what value you can.
It's certainly encouraging and no one really expects BFv3 to suppress, I'm just letting you know what the critique to the way you did things is. Another thing to pay attention to is how much you've eaten and the time of day of each test.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If the test wasn't done between 8-9 in the morning (generally), then it's inaccurate

alamo333

Awards
Moving forward all my baseline tests will be pre supps :) I decided to do bloods after I had already started BF which is why I did it this way- tried to make the most out of it.

And, both tests were taken in the morning after 12 hours of fasting at around the same time in the AM (did consider that before my tests).

D3Baseball

Awards
Moving forward all my baseline tests will be pre supps :) I decided to do bloods after I had already started BF which is why I did it this way- tried to make the most out of it.

And, both tests were taken in the morning after 12 hours of fasting at around the same time in the AM (did consider that before my tests).
Nice! Like I said, this is pretty encouraging. People that want to criticize BF will take fault your testing - I'm fairly certain you can be personally satisfied that you BF boosted your test, though.