Glycemyx beta run

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to thank Matt and Genomyx for allowing me to test out their new gluten-free carb blend called Glycemyx. I got it in on Saturday and the powder is, in a word, interesting. It has a nice purple hue to it and each 70cc scoop is almost 40g of carbs. I mixed it with some of the USP Modern BCAA that I got form NP last week and, after about 60s, it mixed quite nicely in 24oz of water. Gave me some nice energy for my workout about an hour later and kept everything full.

What I'll be assessing for this run is using it as a pre-training carb source. Ever since Supercarb/Palatinose went away, I've been looking for something to use pre/during training. I'll be looking at recovery, energy, muscle fullness, and endurance.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Glad you got yours already! I Will be using mine in a similar fashion most likely pre / post.

Any comments thus far on taste or texture?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's got a bit of a weird texture. It's not gritty, but it more of suspends that completely dissolves.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it flavored?

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Interested in this stuff since its gluten free.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok Thx

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's a little flavor to it, but I have no idea what it is supposed to be. I wouldn't exactly say it is "flavored" per se, though.
Mixed with Modern BCAA's should be very mild taste i'd think.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixed with Modern BCAA's should be very mild taste i'd think.
Yeah, it was.

I used a scoop with my usual intra-training mix of strawberry lemonade MAP and BCAA along with the Glycemyx. I increased the amount of water to 32oz to dilute the mixture so it would be less thick to drink while training. One thing that I have been noticing lately is that my relative level of conditioning has been kinda poor lately due to me having to take some time off and having to re-adjust to the CNS demands. However, I have noticed that I'm not running on sheer will towards the end of my sessions and actually have a little in the tank. Not quite enough to make it through a Prowler session, but I'm not running on fumes either.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IN. I primarily designed this as a meal replacement, but have been using it preworkout with Protocol. Man, the pumps and energy and un*****ed. I'm blowing through these workouts like nothing, setting 2 PRs this week alone.

Looking forward to reading more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IN. I primarily designed this as a meal replacement, but have been using it preworkout with Protocol. Man, the pumps and energy and un*****ed. I'm blowing through these workouts like nothing, setting 2 PRs this week alone.

Looking forward to reading more.
I had a freaking awesome session today. I'll elaborate when I get home, but I got the, "you look swole" comments that I haven't gotten in awhile.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a freaking awesome session today. I'll elaborate when I get home, but I got the, "you look swole" comments that I haven't gotten in awhile.
I started cutting for the Arnold at 240. After dropping to 230 I brought in the Glycemyx. I'm now leaning noticeable but my bodyweight has not changed at all.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a test that I use to gauge either the nutrient repartitioning or cell volumizing effect of a supplement and that is my delt fullness. I've always had very average, at best, delts, but I get a nice, full look when everything aligns properly. Yesterday, I got that long coveted fullness. My session was standing military, lat pulldowns, DB shoulder press, Tate press, and TYIs. Everything was done in the 6-12 range with a moderate TUT pace and the fullness stayed for over 2 hours despite eating very low carbs for the day and have been battling some URI symptoms.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a test that I use to gauge either the nutrient repartitioning or cell volumizing effect of a supplement and that is my delt fullness. I've always had very average, at best, delts, but I get a nice, full look when everything aligns properly. Yesterday, I got that long coveted fullness. My session was standing military, lat pulldowns, DB shoulder press, Tate press, and TYIs. Everything was done in the 6-12 range with a moderate TUT pace and the fullness stayed for over 2 hours despite eating very low carbs for the day and have been battling some URI symptoms.
Nice update man.

And I'm subbed.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like it is doing it's thing.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For those interested, we've released the ingredients on FB earlier today:

Posted by Matt - Glycemyx is already a powerhouse, as both an meal replacement and workout adjunct (loving it preworkout.) write up and full release coming soon, but the product is a blend of whole oats, a special whole purple sweet potato powder with high anthocyanin content, and glucomannan (konica). Time to jettison the maltodextrin, and the insulin rollercoaster.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided to pop a SS prior to taking the Glycemyx today (I used 1.5 scoops instead of 1, too), which I took about 30 minutes prior to training (along with my usual BCAA) and holy epic pumps Batman. I did traditional deads, uni leg press, hypers, and standing cable crunches and my erectors felt like twisted steel at the end. I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the bag, but I am very impressed with what I've noticed so far from the product.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Logs lookin good Rodja, im excited to give this stuff a go.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This supp is getting some very positive results. Get this stuff to market guys!

Thepaul7

Awards
Very interested in this product. A gluten free carb source to go along with my Primal Diet may be just what I need to bulk a bit. Good log and subbed!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interested in this product. A gluten free carb source to go along with my Primal Diet may be just what I need to bulk a bit. Good log and subbed!
It's not Primal, though. Part of the formulation is oat based.

Thepaul7

Awards
Ohh I see. Well still interested to see how it plays out. If the oats are not cross contaminated with gluten then I may be able to deal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Genomyx just posted that it is certified gluten-free and they're quite reputable.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Decided to pop a SS prior to taking the Glycemyx today (I used 1.5 scoops instead of 1, too), which I took about 30 minutes prior to training (along with my usual BCAA) and holy epic pumps Batman. I did traditional deads, uni leg press, hypers, and standing cable crunches and my erectors felt like twisted steel at the end. I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the bag, but I am very impressed with what I've noticed so far from the product.
I have noticed such an awesome muscle fullness and feel pumped all day. I have not tried it with slinsane yet, but I will.

Great review so far. I really like the way your using Glycemyx.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I made a slight error yesterday with my Genomyx. I took out the Prowler since I've noticed that my relative level of conditioning is pretty low and added 140 lbs onto it. I did 10 total sprints: 5 low handles and 5 high bars for about 30M per sprint. The first 5 went pretty smoothly and, even though I was winded, I still had a lot in the tank. After about the 8th one, the pump in my thighs and glutes was pretty damn painful and I was walking around like a freaking mummy and after the last one, I felt as though I had just completed a full thigh workout with drop sets. This was the first time that I had to stop my Prowler session because my thighs were too full and not because I was on the verge of passing out. Moral of the story: if you're going to use Glycemyx and push the Prowler, make it intra-WO and not pre-WO.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update: I've been using 1.5 scoops for my lifting sessions and it has been phenomenal. I don't train for pumps, but they have been quite pronounced and my focus/endurance is definitely improved since I started using Glycemyx. Nothing noticeable in terms of body composition or strength, but I have been able to throw in more volume lately.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My volume tonight for shoulders was much increased. As well, between set rest requirement is reduced.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about half done with my current carb source and would love to start using this when I need to restock. Can't wait!