MidwestBeast's Oxygen4Energy mini-log

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, so I got my bottle of Oxygen4Energy, the other day.

Product Info:

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/35/Oxygen+4+Energy+Single/

For those who don't know me, my style of training is a 5 day split; muscle groups separated (arms / legs / delts & traps / chest / back). I do one week of high intensity workouts (4x12's with 60 seconds rest between sets) and one week of Max-OT training (low sets, 4-6 rep range -- see AST's site for more details).

I wanted to try this product out in both instances, so I waited until this evening before using it.

Tonight, I hit a heavy chest session and starting tomorrow, I'm back to high intensity, again. I was going to try to evenly split it, but I'm more interested in how this product performs in a scenario where I'm pushing endurance more so.

I dosed one serving of Anabolic Ignite (no stims), because I've used it quite a bit and I know the effect it gives me. Then, just before leaving for the gym (it's a 3 minute drive from my house), I dosed 9 sprays of Oxygen4Energy. I was trying my best to get 10 1-second sprays, but the one thing I don't like that I've noticed so far is the sprayer could possibly be a bit improved. It's not bad, really, but you have to press down pretty hard and it's difficult to time it with the inhale of your breath, etc.

Anyway, I did in fact feel a bit more alert and the weird thing is that the beta alanine seemed to be a bit more pronounced than usual. Body temperature also felt a bit elevated. Both are at least worth noting.

This is what I hit, tonight:

Barbell Incline Bench Press: 280x5 / 280x4 / 280x5
Barbell Flat Bench Press: 285x6 / 290x5 / 290x5
Low Incline DB Flys: 75's x 7 / 85's x 6 / 85's x 6

and then I burned out on a few really slow dips to hit the lower pecs a bit.

The incline number is either a PR or just shy of it (I'll have to dig through an old notebook to see if I'd hit 285 before or not). Both presses have increases from the last session (flys weren't done, last session; decline bench was). I obviously don't attribute that to the product, as I regularly make gains on my lifts, but again, just worth noting.

So, my first experience wasn't overpowering or anything like that, but a few things were noticed and that's just off 9 sprays and I have a feeling mine were underdosed if anything.

Tomorrow evening, I'll hit a high intensity back session. I'll update when I can.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh! Look what I found!!

Subbed

Damn bro your incline press is only 10lbs behind your flat bench?! That's crazy.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed beast. Curious on your thoughts as well ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have you both in here.

Oh, and I had blood drawn for labs, this morning and it ended up being like 12 vials, so I was pretty impressed that I hit the numbers I did. I normally feel super weak on days I've had blood drawn.

All I had during the day, beforehand, for carbs was one small sweet potato an hour before in my pre-workout meal, too.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! I assume the lab work is a continuance of the thyroid issue?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! I assume the lab work is a continuance of the thyroid issue?
Glad to have you here, bud.

And yes; to an extent, at least lol. I'm still doing some searching as far as other issues, but this also marks the one-year mark since I had blood work done for the first time in 10 years. There are some things I want checked on an annual basis, so this will have all the other fun stuff like test, free test, estradiol, lh, fsh, shbg, and other goodies.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That explains why you had 12 vials! Sheesh!!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good to hear things are getting better for you

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have more guys in on this.

Just to update, I didn't hit back, last night. Weather went to garbage pretty quickly and I only netted about 4-5 hours of sleep the night before. I felt tired all day at work and I just knew I'd be better off getting a good night's sleep and taking that as my off day instead of Friday.

So, I'll be hitting back this evening, which will be a high intensity workout and what I intend to do is actually dose the 10 shots of oxygen once I'm at the gym, rather than the 30 minutes before as listed on the bottle.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to have more guys in on this.

Just to update, I didn't hit back, last night. Weather went to garbage pretty quickly and I only netted about 4-5 hours of sleep the night before. I felt tired all day at work and I just knew I'd be better off getting a good night's sleep and taking that as my off day instead of Friday.

So, I'll be hitting back this evening, which will be a high intensity workout and what I intend to do is actually dose the 10 shots of oxygen once I'm at the gym, rather than the 30 minutes before as listed on the bottle.
Yeh bro, I definitely dont recommend the 30 minutes before. The effect would be gone by the time you hit the gym. Just before workout and intra were ideal for me ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, so, I lucked out and got out of work early, today, so I just slammed 3 scoops of Whey2BuildMuscle and ate 2 small bananas, so I wouldn't have to wait quite so long to hit the gym. I got my intra ready (18g bulk 2:1:1 + 2 scoops old Xtend) and hit 1 serving (3 tiny scoops) of Anabolic Ignite + 1 scoop of Super Size, because I wanted a bit of a stim boost (but not much). I drove to the gym and actually got caught up talking to the owner for about 15 minutes, which was good. We chatted about some good things and it also gave me a chance to wait to use Oxygen4Energy and not have it so close to my pre-workout.

I took 10 shots of O4E and then did my warm-up, which is just slowly doing weight acclimation on my first exercise. It only took me about 5 minutes, today. The workout progression looked like this:

Lat Pulldowns: 160x12x4
Seated D-ring Rows: 190x12x4

Standing cable (lat bar) pushdowns: 120x12x4
DB Rows: 75x12x4

* Between the 2nd and 3rd lift, I went and took 5 shots of O4E; this was where it really shined for me.

I felt my HR slow down dramatically (I really need to get the battery replaced in my watch, so I can measure that; that would've been nice) and I also was far less out of breath. Now here's the thing; I've never just stopped and taken 5 deep breaths between lifts, before, so maybe that's all it was. To test that out, between my 3rd and 4th exercises, I did the same thing, but with no O4E. My HR slowed a bit, but no where near as much and the same effect carried over to the shortness of breath; it helped, but not as much as the O4E.

So, the takeaway from today is that I may just dose O4E in between sets from here on out to take full advantage. I'm not sure, yet, whether I'd say it's good for heavy days when rest periods are more like 2-3 minutes, as they are for my Max-OT training. In my high intensity sessions, like today, though, I rest for 60 seconds between sets and 120 seconds as I change stations/exercises.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update man. I felt my HR dropped quite a bit too during an intense training session, and it made a nice impression on me before a couple big supersets also ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What up?
Curious bout this sup...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about to go bang out a high intensity arm workout in half an hour or so. Hopefully it will be more of the same from yesterday.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm about to go bang out a high intensity arm workout in half an hour or so. Hopefully it will be more of the same from yesterday.
Go kill it man.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still can't touch my shoulders; well after 1 hour since my workout ended...You know it was a good workout. ;)

So, today, I didn't do use any O4E pre-workout. I wanted to try something different based on my observations, yesterday.

Olympic bar curls: 100x12/100x12/100x12/100x8+4 *5 shots O4E
DB Hammer curls (on preacher bench): 35x12/35x12/30x12/30x12 *3 shots O4E
Overhead Ring Cable Curls: 80x12/70x12/60x12/50x12 *2 shots O4E

Tri Rope Pushdowns: 160x12/160x12/160x12/160x9+3 *5shots O4E
Tri Ring Reverse Curls: 50x12/60x12/60x12/60x12
Tri Overhead DB Extensions: 70x12/75x12/75x12/70x12

Total workout time: 45 minutes
Total O4E shots: 15

All right, so as you can see by the numbers on the overhead cable curls, that's pretty pathetic; even for high intensity/short rest. Well, the reason for that was because I don't know if my biceps have ever been been that pumped before, and if they have, it's been a very long time since I've felt it. The last time I did my high intensity arm workout, I hit 70x12x4, so that should be a good indicator.

I had an increase on my last set of BB curls from 95x12 to 100x12.
I had an increase from 30x12x3/35x12 on DB Hammer-Preachers to what is posted above.

My tri pushdowns were the same as last session. I had an increase on the reverse curls and overhead DB extensions.

The funniest thing about all of this is that I normally have a rest day between my back session and my arm session; there's a reason I have my split set up that way. However, since I took the rest day on Thursday, I didn't want to throw my split off 1-day all through next week and until I decided to take extra rest days, etc. I like having certain muscle groups on certain days and certain off days are set for a reason, as well.

So, all of that was done with no day of rest in between.

I certainly like the idea of using the O4E in between sets and not pre-workout, so far. To be honest, I'd love to be able to run this for a few weeks or a month to really give it a better assessment. I may do that on my own in the future.

Arms post-workout measured 20.5" (right) and 20" (left).

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Interesting supp....

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so I took yesterday off because my sleep pattern got thrown off and I didn't get to church until the late session and I just wanted to watch football and get some paperwork/homework done.

So, today, I banged out a high intensity delts and traps workout and then followed it up with some leg work.

Overhead DB Press (seated): 65's x 12 / 65's x 12 / 65's x 12 / 65's x 10 *5 shots O4E
Cable side lateral raises: 60x12 / 60x12 60x12 / 50x12
Reverse Pec Deck: 125x12 / 125x12 / 125x12 / 125x12 *5 shots O4E
Smith Machine Shrugs (bar behind back): 230x12 /230x12 / 230x12 / 250x12

Total workout time: 29 minutes

Smith Machine Front Squats: 90x6 / 90x12 / 140x8***
Seated Leg Curls: 125x12 / 140x12 / 140x12 / 140x12
Leg Extensions: 140x12 / 155x12 / 170x12 / 170x12
Seated Calf Extensions: 170x20 / 200x20 / 215x20 / 230x20

***I've got an imbalance in my hips that's compounded into a lot more of problems; one of which is my legs not being even and it was becoming overwhelmingly obvious, this evening, on front squats. My left leg wasn't going down even close to the right, so I cut it short. I've got to work on this.

So, I only used 10 shots of O4E, total. I didn't feel the effects quite as much as I did on my arm workout, day. I'll be interested to see how high intensity chest goes on Wednesday.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great updates man!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I might have to throw this in during my superset workouts or segment HIIT cardio on different machines (jacob's ladder, stairclimber, etc)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I might have to throw this in during my superset workouts or segment HIIT cardio on different machines (jacob's ladder, stairclimber, etc)
Works great for intra-cardio sessions man! :thumbsup:

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Just found this log, in.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-18-12: Chest (high intensity)

Incline DB Bench Press: 75's x 12 (x4) *5 O4E
Bench Press: 185x12 / 185x12 / 185x9+3 / 185x8+4 *5 O4E
Cable Fly (high pulley): 110x12 (x4)
Pec Deck: 80x10 (first time using this; it sucked, so I stopped)
Low Incline DB Flys: 40's x 12 (x2) / 45's x 12 (x2)

1-20-12: Back (Max-OT)

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 260x8 / 265x8 / 265x8
Nautilus Mid Rows: 245x8 (x3) *5 O4E
Nautilus Xpload Deads: 460x5 / 460x4 / 460x2+2 *10 O4E

1-21-12: Arms (Max-OT)

Olympic Bar Curls: 135x6 / 140x6 / 145x5
Overhead Ring Cable Curls: 100x8 / 110x8 / 110x8
DB Hammer Curls: 95's x 8 / 95's x 8 *10 O4E

Tri Bar Pushdowns: 260x8 / 270x8 / 275x8
Low Incline Skull Crushers: 140x6 / 140x6 / 140x6
Reverse Ring Curls: 85x8 / 85x8 / 80x8 - Left Tri only: 50x8 / 30x10 *10 O4E

So, I haven't really felt much, lately from the product (in terms of during my supsersets). So, the last 2 days, I've taken 10 shots post-workout to see how it helps with recovery. My back wasn't nearly as sore as it usually would be, today. I'll see how my arms feel, tomorrow.

I can't recall how many shots are supposed to be in a bottle, but I assume I haven't been taking as much as I should, because I still have product left and it's been over a week (I could tally up all the shots I've taken and calculate).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I tallied it up to 95 shots that I've taken, so far.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't trust anything said in this thread as I happen to know that MWB dabbles in the dark arts of black liver therefore tainting everything he touches.

On a serious note. I'd like to try this during Crossfit WODs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't trust anything said in this thread as I happen to know that MWB dabbles in the dark arts of black liver therefore tainting everything he touches.

On a serious note. I'd like to try this during Crossfit WODs.
Haha I've been off the Black Liver, so we're all good--nothing to interfere.

And I really felt this the first day during the super sets. I didn't feel it as much the last few times, but I also didn't feel winded, either.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so on Sunday, I hit a heavy leg session, but didn't go quite as intense as I normally would (still easing back into the heavy leg sessions). After my opening of squats, I took 5 shots of O4E and did the rest of my workout.

At the end, I went to take 10 shots of O4E, but I got zero. So, the bottle lasted me 100 shots, by my calculations of gauging them. I can't recall off the top of my head how that ranks to how many there were supposed to be (i.e. if I was taking too small of shots, too big of shots, or just right).

To sum things up, on the days I'd used 10 shots post-workout and had felt decreased DOMS, the following day, the DOMS seemed to be back in full swing by two days after (which is pretty normal). So, it may have delayed the onset of DOMS, but that appeared to be it (for me).

I felt a noticeable decrease in heart rate and an increase in stamina on the first day that I dosed O4E in between sets of my high intensity sessions. Unfortunately, I didn't notice as much after that initial session, but I attribute this largely to my restricted use of the product in an attempt to make it last and not use it all in too few workouts.

I can't give as clear of an assessment on this as I'd like to. A few things to note are that I'd love to see this used more regularly in those training in cardio, to see how it responds. I wouldn't bother with it for heavy sessions if they're done at a slower pace. I would love to see a way for the cap to have an automatic stop on it, so it's just a simple press of the button and waiting for it to shut off. I think I'd have to use this product for a more extended period of time and to truly give the best judgment, I would use it as some higher doses to see what difference is noticed/felt at say 30 shots in a workout versus 15.

I can say that it is a very intriguing product and for someone who feels winded due to the intensity of their style of training; be it MMA, basketball, weight-training, or just cardio. Like I said, the day I was the most winded, I felt a substantial difference after dosing when compared to just taking deep breaths with my hands/arms elevated.