Sourdough Bulks with CL Gold Feast (sponsored)

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
GoldFeast_HRweb.jpg

Background

All CL Products Used: Green magnitude, Purple Wraath, Blue Up (still working on a bottle, strong stuff), White flood.

Training History: Lifting since I was 18yrs @ 5'10" 140lbs sub 10%bf-> 24yrs @ 5'11" 205lbs ~10%bf-> 27yrs 210lbs all sorts of bf, lol-> 27.5yrs 187 ~12%bf-> now, 27yrs(one month shy of 28) 198lbs ~13%bf....

Goals: Bulk... All out... I will be trying to keep fat gain to a min with supplementation and activity level BUT a lil fat gain wont make me freak, thats what a cut is for.

Other Supplementation: Cycle (undetermined but likely the new Trenavar if I ever get mine or Ultradrol if its not here by the start of next week), Basic support/performance supps (Beta Alanine, creatine, taurine, LCLT, Fish oils), nutrient partitioners (Slin sane, Yellow gold)

Planned use: As my post workout recovery supplement taken nightly after my "main workout" soon to be "second workout" when 2 a days start a couple weeks into the cycle.

Initial Impressions​

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Yup yup!!!!

Thanks Matt! glad to have you along pal!

I cant wait to get this bulk initiated.... kinda started already with the nutrient partitioners and now Gold Feast but waiting on this cycle is KILLING ME!!!

Cant wait to get on and do some damage!

btw... gotta email you...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In for an epic tale.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Sourdough for president!!!!
I'm in!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much water do you use in your shake usually? I tried it with 12oz for two scoops. Perhaps I should use more water?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
How much water do you use in your shake usually? I tried it with 12oz for two scoops. Perhaps I should use more water?
I used somewhere between 6 and 8 oz for a single scoop "to assess tolerance" lol... dunno what tolerance needs to be assessed with a supplement like this.

Used water too...

I plan on doing my next dose with 2 scoops and water as well, then the next one will be 2 scoops n milk... see if its bearable....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. Yea. I think it was to access tolerance to sour things. Hehe.
Okay i tried it in 12oz of water. Perhaps today i will try it in more water.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just watches your you tube review nice intro.

Wonder if they will have more flavors out soon...

I'll post the macros up for ya for 2 scoops.

200 calories
3g of fat
23g of carb
20g of protein

& a 3000mg fruit and veggie complex.

U like the taste of this product, that would be my first concern before I would purchase. I'm the review u said u like the taste & will look forward to it, anything
U can compare the taste too?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I dont think I have anything I can DIRECTLY compare it to... but Ill give you a few of my feelings on the flavoring...

I just recently finished using iForce's Hemavol which comes in a VERY lemony candy like flavor. Pretty much liquid lemon heads...

this stuff... well its fairly lemony, but then feels like it has a smoother finish to it, almost creamy.... I heard someone in another thread compare it to lemon marange pie, Id say thats pretty close but with whip cream on it too... LOL...

Really I do think its pretty good, but I personally like MOST lemon flavored things and think if you can screw up lemon you are doing something wrong...

Like I just tried Scivations Extend in lemon.... ugh... its like lemon PEEL flavor, not good lemon at all... which is sad considering all the other extends ive tried were pretty dang good.

Just finished my workout and having my first FULL serving... I was having a bit of a "hamstring pump" feels like it at least since I have no siatic pain otherwise, SO I decided i better pump up the taurine dose and mix it in some milk for extra potassium and a banana in hand to accompany my Gold Feast... this should alleviate the burning pain Im feeling....

As for the flavor in milk... well... Im not put off, but Im not impressed??? I guess since I like milk so much and especially prefer it with my Protein shakes that I expected it to make Gold Feast taste a lot better as well... but it didnt... It tastes almost exactly the same as it did in water earlier! Which I would have to think is saying something for the flavor system they are using and that it really doesnt need much improving, its great as it is IMO.

One thing Ive noticed... This stuff likes to settle... if you dont shake it up before each sip then it starts to clump up on the bottom, even if its previously been well shaken... I wonder if this is a lot of the fruits and veggies complex falling out since Ive never had this happen with a whey Protein drink before, once its mixed, thats pretty much it... just something to be aware of or youll wind up with mush on the bottom of your cup when your done and have to pour in more liquid to mix and get it down.

BTW weight yesterday was 199.... tonight I weighed in at 199.8... nothing huge and could be the difference of one trip to the restroom... Ill be picking up a scale either tomorrow or thursday to get more consistent morning post potty weigh ins.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It's 4 AM and this thread is making me hungry...mmm turkey and gravy....mashed potatoes mmm.... SUB'D

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Like I just tried Scivations Extend in lemon.... ugh... its like lemon PEEL flavor, not good lemon at all... which is sad considering all the other extends ive tried were pretty dang good.
I hope the xtend lemonlime flavor isnt bad I just bought 3 buckets of the stuff lol

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
wish I went with lemon lime instead of lemonade... might have made a huge difference... The grape I picked up is good as ever, their watermelon I used a couple years ago was great too...

I wonder if Gold Feast will ever come in different flavors? Not that it needs to IMO, as I like the flavor.... just nice to mix it up.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've yet to make a shake with my Gold Feast, but Loooove it mixed in with a serving of Cream of wheat or a cream of wheat/oatmeal blend...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I've yet to make a shake with my Gold Feast, but Loooove it mixed in with a serving of Cream of wheat or a cream of wheat/oatmeal blend...
huh.... thats quite interesting using it that way!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
huh.... thats quite interesting using it that way!
you're disgusted, I can tell!! ;) heh, j/k....it gives it 'body'...and it's like you're actually eating a Lemon mer. pie...although a pureed lemon mer. pie :006:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
you're disgusted, I can tell!! ;) heh, j/k....it gives it 'body'...and it's like you're actually eating a Lemon mer. pie...although a pureed lemon mer. pie :006:
Yum

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow. If I could get some gluten free oatmeal I'd give it a go !

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought I had read some research showing oatmeal was ok for celiac?
It is. But there can be contaminated oats that are grown too close to wheat. Just better to be safe when it comes to consuming anything that can pose a problem. Specially for me.

SourDough, if you do make that thing lemme know how it tastes

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
golden feast has oat powder in it already so its not gluten free as it is!
Yea. The ingredient profile is pretty extensive. Fortunately, I have tried it and notice no ill effects. Not sure on daily doses as i haven't been using it everyday. Only when I need pwo carbs and protein when not near my kitchen.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well thats good to hear....cant be uch gluten tehn right? or else ud have a reaction?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
It is. But there can be contaminated oats that are grown too close to wheat. Just better to be safe when it comes to consuming anything that can pose a problem. Specially for me.

SourDough, if you do make that thing lemme know how it tastes
I like oatmeal but im not all for mixing in proteins n whatnot... I get enough oats right now with my gainer shake

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like oatmeal but im not all for mixing in proteins n whatnot... I get enough oats right now with my gainer shake
Hehe. Koolies.
Let me know if you find ways to make it taste more amazing though. ;)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hehe. Koolies.
Let me know if you find ways to make it taste more amazing though. ;)
I would think mixing some GF into some lemon pancakes would be good....maybe?
..I intend on trying a GF smoothie as well, perhaps this weekend....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I would think mixing some GF into some lemon pancakes would be good....maybe?
..I intend on trying a GF smoothie as well, perhaps this weekend....
GF with a plop or 2 of vanilla ice cream in milk would be delicious!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Most places tell me oatmeal is okay for celiacs. Depends on the source of the oats (contamination), variety of the oats.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most places tell me oatmeal is okay for celiacs. Depends on the source of the oats (contamination), variety of the oats.
Yea. They have specific gluten free oats that are supposed to be free of contaminants. Easy to get in America anyway. ;)

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
So I used the Gold Feast as my post workout nutrition again last night... mixed with some milk again for added casein protein and some extra pottasium from a banana on the side again....

Really am pleased with the ease of this product on the palate and its versitile nature of being able to mix well with both water and milk... As I mentioned previously, I cant stand whey in just water, yet Gold Feast tastes just as delicious!

Finally got in my Trenavar, so my cycle just kicked off as well... although I would have to say the bulk diet is already adding on the weight as I weighed in last night...

201.2lbs....

hope its all going on cleanly enough that I wont hate myself when it comes time to bulk... Im sure the added activity and androgens I have planned for this cycle will keep it reasonable.

Now that RR has mentioned hes run the GF milkshake.... I think I will have to splurge and pick up some vanilla ice cream and try it myself! I am bulking after all! LOL.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I used the Gold Feast as my post workout nutrition again last night... mixed with some milk again for added casein protein and some extra pottasium from a banana on the side again....

Really am pleased with the ease of this product on the palate and its versitile nature of being able to mix well with both water and milk... As I mentioned previously, I cant stand whey in just water, yet Gold Feast tastes just as delicious!

Finally got in my Trenavar, so my cycle just kicked off as well... although I would have to say the bulk diet is already adding on the weight as I weighed in last night...

201.2lbs....

hope its all going on cleanly enough that I wont hate myself when it comes time to bulk... Im sure the added activity and androgens I have planned for this cycle will keep it reasonable.

Now that RR has mentioned hes run the GF milkshake.... I think I will have to splurge and pick up some vanilla ice cream and try it myself! I am bulking after all! LOL.
Using whole milk?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
2% milk.....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I had the chance to use Gold Feast in a couple of clinch situations recently that really helped me out and felt as though I was still getting an adequate amount of nutrition...

Once was on the way out in the morning being short on time and ready needing to make sure I eat before I go, bulking and all, and Gold Feast saved my butt....

The other time was late at night after a long day and working out late, I was completely bushed and it was ask I could do to stay awake and get in some post workout nutrition I badly needed... Again Gold Feast helped me get in a quick meal fixed amount of nutrition with milk added and off to sleep shortly after...

Having such a thing at my disposal is definitely a great convenience to me...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had the chance to use Gold Feast in a couple of clinch situations recently that really helped me out and felt as though I was still getting an adequate amount of nutrition...

Once was on the way out in the morning being short on time and ready needing to make sure I eat before I go, bulking and all, and Gold Feast saved my butt....

The other time was late at night after a long day and working out late, I was completely bushed and it was ask I could do to stay awake and get in some post workout nutrition I badly needed... Again Gold Feast helped me get in a quick meal fixed amount of nutrition with milk added and off to sleep shortly after...

Having such a thing at my disposal is definitely a great convenience to me...
actually I figured out why it didnt taste very good for me. I mixed it too thick lol.
Made it with 14oz of water and... yes.. it tastes damn good lol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hear ya on the convenience.
I usually start my day with a shake cuz I'm pressed for time and sleep is valuable.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I hear ya on the convenience.
I usually start my day with a shake cuz I'm pressed for time and sleep is valuable.
agreed...

how did that cycle wind up treating you? you over yet or extend it?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
agreed...

how did that cycle wind up treating you? you over yet or extend it?
Yeah 2 weeks in...
Going 8 weeks... Sore as ever and up about 4 pounds maybe 5...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
nice bro!

Hope it winds up being killer over all for you. I think it was smart to extend it considering what your running... should wind up creating much more maintainable gains.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Gone 2 more days with workouts, both topped off with a serving of Gold Feast...

Such an easy way to know Im getting in so much goodness right after a hefty workout...

Soreness was much less following these workouts, feel great and full as well post workout and really happy to be getting in these extra veggies n fruits in such an easy way too.

tomorrow is an off day and i will be picking up a small tub of Vanilla Ice Cream and making up a Gold Feast milk shake... TAAAAASTY!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Such an easy way to know Im getting in so much goodness right after a hefty workout...

Soreness was much less following these workouts, feel great and full as well post workout and really happy to be getting in these extra veggies n fruits in such an easy way too.

tomorrow is an off day and i will be picking up a small tub of Vanilla Ice Cream and making up a Gold Feast milk shake... TAAAAASTY!!!
That sounds great!!!

I actually like it now. Like I said. Needed more water lol. Was craving the stuff. It doesn't really taste like protein. You know? I donno but it doesn't have that proteiny taste so it's a bit different lol.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Drinking some Gold FEAST right now!!!
Gold Feast + Ice cold milk + vanilla ice cream = HOLY MOLY!
Agreed about the fruits and veggies, it really puts the product into a whole new light.

My lifting partner usually makes a post workout shake with 2 bananas, 2 packs of oatmeal, 2 scoops of protein, milk.
I gave him some Gold FEAST to use (he never liked the apple pie flavor of GG)

He said "That stuff was really good, it kept me really full too. More than my usual drink"
I'm extremely happy with the change we've made with FEAST. It's a real treat after a workout like you said SD.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Drinking some Gold FEAST right now!!!
Gold Feast + Ice cold milk + vanilla ice cream = HOLY MOLY!
Agreed about the fruits and veggies, it really puts the product into a whole new light.

My lifting partner usually makes a post workout shake with 2 bananas, 2 packs of oatmeal, 2 scoops of protein, milk.
I gave him some Gold FEAST to use (he never liked the apple pie flavor of GG)

He said "That stuff was really good, it kept me really full too. More than my usual drink"
I'm extremely happy with the change we've made with FEAST. It's a real treat after a workout like you said SD.
Thats hilarious.... thats normally my go to gaining/meal replacement shake... cept I go with only one banana, and a whole cup of whole rolled oats, not instant.

The Gold Feast certainly is a great alternative to that and tastes even better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
schizm Supplements 1
Anabolics 8
Mr Physique Supplement Logs 31
T-Bone Supplement Logs 13
TheMyth Weight Loss 3