golden feast review!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was lucky enough to recieve a tub of this form controlled labs and will log my use of it throughout the duration of the bottle!

I will be using it to help me bulk this winter.....im sitting right now between 142-145 (in the morning jsut in my boxers) looking to put on as much lean weight as i can!

The label on this product looks great and think it will really help.

I tend to train prety hard and long so recovery is key for me as well as the extra antioxidants in this product which is what I really love.

I follow a IF type diet with my fast break of about 55% (1815) calories around 3 ish..... i will be taking golden feast right before this meal which will make it a PWO shake because i tend to break my fast right after my workouts!

Calories will be about 3300 on workout days and anywhere from 2400-3000 on "off" days.... i keep this wide range becase on off days i sometimes still do cardio or plyos or abs and calves.

Thanks again to controlled labs and look forward to making some seirous gains with this product.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Is this the start of another log?
:)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
woudl also like to add that i will be taking glucosamine, fishoil, multi.....CEE and slin sane....i also jsut puchased a few things on teh sale so i will be trying cissus and carnitine tartarate after my ALCAR runs out and also ZMA before bed....ande i kinda wana start a GH booster soon so probably will start poweful when it arrives

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ok so had me a golden feast today haha....anyways, full serving of this was pretty good.....im not much of a lemon guy probably just because im used to my protein shakes being more of a dessert type flavor liek vanilla chocolate or cookies an creeam.....

for what is is though it is quite tasty, i thinkt he fast content in it help to make it alittle creamier which is very nice, i tend to mix my shakes with much les water than recommended cuz i like the milkshake taste and this helps with this product in my opinion....I only used about 8-10 oz of water for the 2 scoops....this left al ittle residue but thats to be expected with the small amount of water

It does tend to settle a little bit if you let it sit but thats not big dela to me, just shake it up again

first impression on taste mixability and what not.....8.5/10....looking farward to see hwo it helps my recovery which i expect to be very good becasue of the fruits and veggies in this!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm back from the dead and here for the nom's
:D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
today was an "off" day....did a little work on my trx that i got for xmas and also some intervals on teh treadmill for about 25 min...... took colden feast as jsut a meal replacement today .....used vanilla unsweetened almond milk....i liked it alot better actually, gve it a much more full taste probably because the almond milk has some fat in it and i liek my shakes thicker...also although it is normall unsweetened the fact that the golden feast is sweetened helps bring out teh vanilla a little and when mixed with teh lemon is damn tasty!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
also did some very slow and controlled reps with toes in and also toes out on the seate calf machine and also leg press calf machine.....and a bunch of sets of jsut 2 reps of ull ups to focus on power and strength....still got a pump, crazy stuff, try it ot, i hope to get stronger on my pul ups because im not very good at them for some reason

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great intro so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what this does for your winter bulk :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
also did some very slow and controlled reps with toes in and also toes out on the seate calf machine and also leg press calf machine.....and a bunch of sets of jsut 2 reps of ull ups to focus on power and strength....still got a pump, crazy stuff, try it ot, i hope to get stronger on my pul ups because im not very good at them for some reason
Keep after the pull ups.
I purchased a iron gym bar for my door way, I bang out a few a couple times a day, or is it a couple a few times a day lol. :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Keep after the pull ups.
I purchased a iron gym bar for my door way, I bang out a few a couple times a day, or is it a couple a few times a day lol. :)
thats sweet, seems like it goes along with the not lifitng to failure idea...jsut do a few every tiem u go by thebar and nex thtign u know ur stronger!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
traine arms today...had a great mind muscle connection today which really helpe to get a ful contration in almost every exercise....i feel a bit buller than normal, dont know if this is the golden feast but i also feel more alert, maybe due to all the antioxidants in teh golden feast...o far loving this stuff!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
traine arms today...had a great mind muscle connection today which really helpe to get a ful contration in almost every exercise....i feel a bit buller than normal, dont know if this is the golden feast but i also feel more alert, maybe due to all the antioxidants in teh golden feast...o far loving this stuff!
Nice.
Yeah today was bi/back for me.
Didn't have a good focus at all...
I was at the gym 5/6 days this week and doing cardio a day or 2 as well plus working 45 hours. I'm going to stick to my 3 day gym routine and add cardio in after work out or try and do a 45 min brisk walk when I'm at home.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yea probably a little burned out...im afraid of that happening to me this upcoming week because i piced upa lot of hours at work......im gonna go witha 2 on 1 off scheule this week i think....legs today though! lets get it!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
yea probably a little burned out...im afraid of that happening to me this upcoming week because i piced upa lot of hours at work......im gonna go witha 2 on 1 off scheule this week i think....legs today though! lets get it!
That's usually the method I use too, but being on AndroMass I went HAM...
think I over did it a bit... I can say hitting volume feels good... Have some nice growing pains.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
That happened to my forearms because i started directly training them with one of those rollers. Weight went up almost 10lbs on the exercise in like 1 week so i started getting some slight pain and my forearms are starting to get ridiculous pumps because i'm using my grip to squeeze the bar and get some more strength, progressed too quickly LOL but those pull ups help a ton. I got 11 close grip then cheated another 5-6 reps. Working on wide grip right now, decided on taking some days off from doing them to recover though. When i train back and do to failure sets for pull-ups i take at least 2-3 days off before i start doing them again.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
nice, ye atomorow is an "off" day but i plan do do sum abs, calves, forearms and proly some of those pull ups.....lookin for3ward to progressing in pull ups.....wanna try to do a lil cardio too but after todys leg workout it prolly wont be too intense lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
quick rundown of todays leg workout..... off of memory

warm up with leg ext.

4 sets of 6 pause at bottom explosive jump squats with 135...completely focusing on power and explosiveness...i liek tdoin these alot, really help me get in the zone, also i used to have sum pretty sick hops and want them back!

4 sets of box squats 225x8
225x8
235x8
235 rp to 12

4 sets of deep squats, not sue of weight, i knoe last set was with 205...i was weaker on these this wek but i think its ue to teh jump squats. didnt do them last week.....still did one hell of a burn out at the end of 25 reps with 135

hack squat, 4 sets last set was RP to 12 with a drop x7 my knee was bothering me so i stopped.

glute bridges 4 sets

225x10
245x10
275x10
275x10...real good and explosive on all sets

DB RDL
70x15
85x12
85x10 rest, +2
85 x 12 DS 55 x 16

1 leg press

3 work sets, last with a drop

lying leg curls 1 leg - 2 sets really focusign ont he queeze and not the weight

ext....same thing, legs felt like jello after, esp after i did jsut an isometric hold of the weight with each leg.....

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
then took my golden feast along with abunch of other food...hope the recovery is good, im gonna need it!, not gettin much sleep tonight my weeks are hectic and gotta be up mad early every day

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
then took my golden feast along with abunch of other food...hope the recovery is good, im gonna need it!, not gettin much sleep tonight my weeks are hectic and gotta be up mad early every day
I know the feeling.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Same here, I wake up at 3am for work, usually to be there by 4am. 4:10am most days :D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same here, I wake up at 3am for work, usually to be there by 4am. 4:10am most days :D
Dammn! thats what a good pre workout is for! haha , i need me one of thsoe....love white flood in the past, miss it

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
today was an off day today and actually mange to stay out of teh gym!...i went for a few long walks and also did sum foam rolling to help recovery sicne my legs are pretty smoked after yest. workout........I did not take golden feast today becaus eon my off ays im not eating as much and like to take in as mucch whole foods as i can.........with taht said however i really want to reitterate how much i lvoe the fruit and veggie comples, kinda justifies it has a wholoe food, i was jsut in the mood for FOOD haha metabolism was revvved after that leg workout i guess, back to the grind tomorrow, probably hittin chest/bis/abs

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Gold Feast is definitely best utilized POST workout (anabolic window), but I use it on OFF days too, as a treat to myself. Gotta get the cals in!!! I hear ya about whole foods, tho :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Dammn! thats what a good pre workout is for! haha , i need me one of thsoe....love white flood in the past, miss it
Exactly... actually I have coffee in the AM, and then white FLOOD for the mid-afternoon drowsiness that starts to kick in (usually about the time I hit the weights anyway)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Exactly... actually I have coffee in the AM, and then white FLOOD for the mid-afternoon drowsiness that starts to kick in (usually about the time I hit the weights anyway)
interesting....i know i have been very tempted to take a preworkout before a test or before studying in order to focus i swear i have add or sumthin but not with a good pre workout...in the zone babay!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
so after a long debate with myself haha i have decided to ditch intermittent fasting for a while or at leasttry going back to the 506 meals a day....I want to see how it effects my energy levels in the gym aswell as pumps and my bulk in general.... I relaly liekd lean gains and the amount of food I was able to eat at one sitting, hopefully I will be able to stick to a normal routine again. The only thing that may take me back to lean gains is all the pre work of cooking ahead of tiem especially with school starting up again.....I jsut think giving my body a constant source of energy and not traiing fasted will be better......al though i can see myself going backt o elan gains becasue the way my school schedule works this semester i woud probablybe able to get a pre workout meal in me, but we iwll see how this works for now....so tomorrow I will start.....

I will be doing carb cycling...3300 cals a day 290 grams prptein every day, carbs fluctuationg between 350 on high days, 200 on moderate days and 100 on low days with fats filling in the ramining calories......all carbs will be based aroudn workouts and breakfast..... looking forward to letting golden feast really shine now as my postworkout shake alone also i may be needing to use it for breakfast alot becasue i get up very early and don really have time to make a good breakfast although tomrorow morning i will have the time becuse i am off friday mornings....for now

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I can't do without carbs think the lowest I could go is 150g.

See I eat too much. Always well over 2500 have been a long time. Not overly fat but I have lost and gained weight a few times over. In the past it poor food choices and times and now it's eating too much due to being so hungry.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
im always at aroudn 3300 and sitll not gaining.....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
robably should ...its a mental thing, dont wanna get fat lol, goin back to 5-6 meals a day seeing how that works for a while, maybe shortening up the workouts a little cuz im prolly overtraining

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
robably should ...its a mental thing, dont wanna get fat lol, goin back to 5-6 meals a day seeing how that works for a while, maybe shortening up the workouts a little cuz im prolly overtraining
Yeah I'm back down to 3 times a week.
My biggest 2 things I need to fix is to do some form of cardio and to watch not to over do the cals which I have been!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
back to normal stlye of eating so i used golden feast postowrkokout with a full meal an hour after, kept me full, but i may have to make it into its own meal with ice cream and what not liek i have hard lol..........ntoday was an off day and used it in milk for the first time for breakfastjsut to try it out , i love thati can do this and sitll get the benefits of fruits and eveggies which is why i usually wont have a shake even if its inconveient to make real food

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
back to normal stlye of eating so i used golden feast postowrkokout with a full meal an hour after, kept me full, but i may have to make it into its own meal with ice cream and what not liek i have hard lol..........ntoday was an off day and used it in milk for the first time for breakfastjsut to try it out , i love thati can do this and sitll get the benefits of fruits and eveggies which is why i usually wont have a shake even if its inconveient to make real food
Lost me a tad bit...
Gotta find that spell check button too :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
sory...first of all i jsut type and dont exactly read what i write and 2nd of all, alot o my keys are sticky anddont always work....

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How is GOLD Feast with the ice cream??? Have you tried it yet???

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
unfortunately no....but its on my list of things to try lol ive heard great things!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
used the feast post workout again today, jsut in water witha meal an hour later i must say though, not hungry for that meal so it def. holds me over well...tomorrrow is an early start so i will porbably double up and use it as my breakffast as well!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
alright sorry its been a while....been using golden feast for breakfasts mostly during the week because i get up very early......i also add some gluten free oats to it with milk and usually some PB depending on my carb allotment for the day (high carbs less fat, lower carbs, more fat) and ill tell u.....it makes one damn goot shake i get so upset when its gone lol........ im up about a pound so cant realyl complain, nothing crazy goin on but damn that stuffs good, very impressed, liek i said not normally much of a lemon guy but especiall ywhen thigns are added to it, teh thickness is amazign, and i love that!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
alright sorry its been a while....been using golden feast for breakfasts mostly during the week because i get up very early......i also add some gluten free oats to it with milk and usually some PB depending on my carb allotment for the day (high carbs less fat, lower carbs, more fat) and ill tell u.....it makes one damn goot shake i get so upset when its gone lol........ im up about a pound so cant realyl complain, nothing crazy goin on but damn that stuffs good, very impressed, liek i said not normally much of a lemon guy but especiall ywhen thigns are added to it, teh thickness is amazign, and i love that!!
Great to hear your enjoying the GF. It's definitely worth it, if you enjoy it that much and it's adding to your diet so well!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it is definitely a great addition to my diet witht eh way my schedule is....i woudl have to say my favorite part about teh actualy profile it the fruit and veggie complex hands down, in the past id idnt liek the idea of just having a shake but u gotta make due soemtimes, but with this i dont feel liek im really losing anythign and the great taste sure doesnt hurt, u guys really hit the nail on the head with this one!!! as usual with controlled labs though, always solid products, ahvent been disapointed yet

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i know its been a long time since ive update this and im sorry but its all gone now :-( finalreview will be up soon, thanks again for letting me log this, ill def be lookin at more of this in the future!