Log: PES Erase + Alpha T2.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
I am a 34 year old male. Bodyweight as of this morning is 299, current BF is about 30.7 percent.

as of yesterday 12/21 i am finally worked up to 3 erase and 3 AT2 a day. I am taking 2 AT2 and 1 Erase in the morning before my fasted walk (7am). I take another At2 and Erase around 2pm. My last erase is before i go to sleep.

I have just gotten back into the gym (back for about a month) after a multi year layoff... For most of my late 20s i worked out atleast 4 times a week.

dietary goals
My current dietary goals are to get at least 200 grams of protein a day and maintain a caloric deficit that will enable what should be 2 pounds of weight loss a week (between 1900 and 2500 calories a day depending on my activity levels). I am using MyFitnessPal.com to monitor my eating. I take both casein and whey protein through out the day. I basically try and only eat carbs around my weight training sessions.

activity goals
To workout with weights 4-5 times a week. I also go for an hour walk (fasted). On my fasted walks i will drink a helping of aminos as i walk. I often will walk for an hour a night as well. my workout plan is something very close to : 3w.t-nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2006/06-021B-training.html. I am a third of the way into this routine. i am using JEFIT to monitor my workouts.

Fasting
I have been messing around with one 24 hour fast once a week after reading an article by the honorable prophet, DR. John Berardi. I dont do it for the weight loss, but more for the healing and mental aspects.

Other Supplements
I take the *** version of animal packs and i have a generic BCAA powder that i use when i walk fasted and every time i touch a weight.

I have managed to lose about 3 percent BF and 10 pounds or so on my own in the first month.
here is the before and after (i cant post images or urls yet):
www . alphaasfuk.com/_images/progress.jpg

Why i chose these supps
I really like the way the PES mods answer handle themselves and their mini board. I have been lurking for a while and really wanted to try Erase because of the feedback. I used to take Test alot in my youth and I loved the way it felt. I am hoping for the Erase to preserve what little lean mass i have and keep my Cortisol low (some days i walk day and night and train weights in between).

Attachments

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, good luck man!

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
12/22
WORKOUT
Barbell Curl: 65 x12, 75x8, 85x6, 85x8
Reverse preacher curl: 45x8,45x7,45x6 (supersetted with the below movement)
Hammer Curls: 30X12,35X7,35X6
HAMMER Machine curl 2/1 technique (lift with 2 arms, lower in 5 seconds with 1 arm): 35X10,35X8,35X8
Hammer Strength - Incline Press: 180X5,230X5,230X4,210X5,210X4

NUTRIENTS
Calories / Carbs/ fat / Protein
3,006 /106 / 180 / 293

CALORIES FROM ACTIVITY
(i take my calorie expended from my FT60 and knock off 15percent)
fasted walk: 550
Weight Training: 593

NOTES
Today was the first day when i really felt the heat. Also the first weight training day when i had 3 caps in me. I did notice that i was wiped out tonight, might just be the switching up of the routine but i really felt tired tonight. This was also the first time this week when i did not have an evening walk. Tomorrow i am sneaking in my work out b4 going to drive out to see the familly... Getting my bf% checked again tomorrow.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodluck bro, looks like you got a good plan laid out. Good progress on the pics too, keep it up and youll be amazed in no time.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Goodluck bro, looks like you got a good plan laid out. Good progress on the pics too, keep it up and youll be amazed in no time.
Thanks for the sub. With this current part of my plan the weekends are off... I ate pretty clean for the holidays.... Walked both mornings.

Got a good walk off this morning 70 minutes. Was super hot. I was a FURNACE this morning, which was odd considering it was 35 degrees. My weight has not budged yet, i will have pictures tonight though. Was not able to get a body-fat analysis done in the gym last week.. I will definitely update my bf% this Friday though.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching - Erase and Alpha-T2 are great products :) You've done well so far, albeit I wouldn't have recommended you using anything aside from the basic staples getting back into training after so long - at least for a few weeks or until you got leaner - but since you're using them, I'm in for support.

Re "supplements" - make sure you are also using a creatine product (even if it is just straight creatine), especially since you are resistance training.

Re "calories from exercise" - know that the calories you burn DURING exercise are not the OVERALL calories expended as a result of that exercise, especially from resistance training, and you cannot give an accurate assessment of how many calories your body actually uses as a result.

Re the heat - Alpha-T2 can increase your body temperature (I noticed this the more I continued to use it).

Re bodyfat analysis at the gym - if you use a handheld or step-on BIA scales, bear in mind, that they are only going to be able to give you a measure of whether you are progressing forward or backward and the reading they give you is not necessarily your body composition, but a guide you can use re progress, since so many factors can change the measurement, and they can be out by up to 10% bodyfat; if someone performs skinfolds on you, if they do not do at least 6-8 skinfolds and do not measure out and mark the skinfold sites and take at least two measurements from each one, you can only use what you get as a result as a progress guide as well. Aside from that, you will know from how your body looks in the mirror, feels, and fits in your clothes how you are progressing.

You have everything planned out though, so huge props for that. PES is truly an awesome company with great products, and one that I am proud to support and stand behind! All the best in achieving your fitness goals!

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Watching - Erase and Alpha-T2 are great products :) You've done well so far, albeit I wouldn't have recommended you using anything aside from the basic staples getting back into training after so long - at least for a few weeks or until you got leaner - but since you're using them, I'm in for support.
~Rosie~
I was getting nervous about overtraining with the 3 sessions a day (on certain days). The idea of keeping cortisol so low and perhaps even getting a bit of a bump in Test was too tempting. i LOVE test...

TY for the support!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was getting nervous about overtraining with the 3 sessions a day (on certain days). The idea of keeping cortisol so low and perhaps even getting a bit of a bump in Test was too tempting. i LOVE test...

TY for the support!
"Overtraining" is relative to the individual in question. That and the fact that what most call "overtraining" is often just "overreaching" - yes, they are both different, the latter acute, whereas the former a chronic condition. You will know if what you are doing is too much for you - at three days a week, though, I would imagine that it is ok, provided you are giving your body adequate rest on your non-resistance training days.

Just remember that your body needs SOME cortisol, but yes, Erase works wonders - I LOVE it (it is the ONE product I truly hate being withOUT)!

No worries :)

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
12/26

WORKOUT
Barbell Incline Bench Press: 185x8,205x5,185x6,185x6
Low Incline DB Bench PresS: 65x10,70x6,70x5
Low-pulley crossover: 25x10,20x10,25x18
High-pulley crossover: 25x10,35x10,30x8
Barbell Curl: 85x5,85x5,85x5,85x5,85x5

NUTRIENTS
Calories / Carbs/ fat / Protein
2,826 /191 / 112 / 279

CALORIES FROM ACTIVITY

fasted walk: 550
Weight Training: 505
pm Walk: 525

NOTES:
When i do my dumbbell press its on about a 10 percent incline, almost a flat db press...

Weighed in at 301 today after my walk which was odd but i am not worried. I looked alot leaner this morning. I should have taken my progress pics then but i had some work to do.

MyFitnessPal said i had 764 calories left (because of the three training sessions) lol... Even if i did not do my evening walk i would still be at a surplus for the day and MYFP has me shooting for 2 lbs of bodfyat loss per week. I tried getting photos tonight but i need some daylight to get good ones, plus i had a MASSIVE pump on from doing chest and bi's.

This mornings walk was INSANE. I felt amazing, the hills which usually really slow me down just went by easy... I think the erase is starting to kick in. I also had some extra carbs in me from Christmas, that could probably help too...

I am going low carb on Wednesday and fasting Saturday this week, i hate new years so i probably will just stay in.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
12/26

WORKOUT

NUTRIENTS

CALORIES FROM ACTIVITY
fasted walk: 505

NOTES:
Going to edit as the day goes on.... Did my fasted cardio inside because it is pouring out side... Sweated a tremendous amount inside as opposed to outside in the cold. I was surprised...

WEEKLY PHOTO PROGRESS
i appologize for the photo quality, no sun today :(
progress-12_27.jpg

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
12/29

Flu got me late tuesday, today was first day back in the gym and i was a bit weak.... Looking forward to bf analysis.. Today was biceps (volume) and chest (5v5) will put the info in after my JEFIT updates.

WORKOUT
Barbell Curl 65.0x8,75.0x10,75.0x10,75.0x8
Reverse preacher curl 55.0x8,55.0x5,55.0x6
Hammer Curls 35.0x8,35.0x8,35.0x7
Machine curl 2/1 35.0x12,50.0x8,50.0x6
technique (lift with 2 arms, lower in 5 seconds with 1 arm)
Hammer Strength - Incline 180.0x5,200.0x5,200.0x5,210.0x4,210.0x4

NUTRIENTS
Calories / Carbs / fat / Protein
2,935 / 204 / 112 / 188

CALORIES FROM ACTIVITY
Weight Training: 550

Last edited:
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why i chose these supps
I really like the way the PES mods answer handle themselves and their mini board. I have been lurking for a while and really wanted to try Erase because of the feedback. I used to take Test alot in my youth and I loved the way it felt. I am hoping for the Erase to preserve what little lean mass i have and keep my Cortisol low (some days i walk day and night and train weights in between).
Thank you for this. We work hard on being professional and helpful while the formulator does the innovation on the products. :)

Good luck. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Ben

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Thank you for this. We work hard on being professional and helpful while the formulator does the innovation on the products. :)

Good luck. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Ben
Ty. It's been great so far. The log will get more intersting when the muscle rebound stops and the weight starts going down...

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
odd, i did not lose any weight this week while sick, i only did weight training and i am down to 297 after eating a full breakfast and lunch. Cant wait to see my BF% today...

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i am using myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and protein, is there a better online journal? When i spot check some of my entries the protein amounts are always low on MFP as i guess that the peeps who put the info in there are more concerned about calories then protein.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
12/30 sh*t just got interesting...

I know these machines are not to be trusted but used the OMRON Fat Loss Monitor today and went from 30.7, 3 weeks ago to 26.7... I am sure i did not lose that much % but atleast i am going in the right direction. I have been noticing some muscularity changes in the mirror and some loss of Girth when using my heart rate monitor (it goes around the chest - i used to think it was going to explode off me, lol).... As week as i was yesterday in the gym (i was sick mid week) i felt the like the thunder god himself in the gym today.

quick question, need your opinion
I felt like superman in the gym today, now i did not do any morning walk (i was sooo weak yesterday in the gym) and i ate my lunch around 11 and not 12, i always workout around 4ish.... Do you think i should continue with the early lunch? 5 hours vs 4 hours of no food b4 a weight workout going to make that big a difference or do you think it was the lack of the one hour walk in the morning? I am not going to give up on the walks but i am considering modifying the time i eat lunch.....

WORKOUT
Barbell Bent Over Row 155x12,175x10,195x8
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 70x10,80x8,80x6
Hammer Strength - Row 180x10,180x10,180x10
Decline EZ-bar triceps extension 85x5,85x5,85x5,85x5,85x5
Dip Machine 190x8,210x7,210x6

NUTRIENTS

CALORIES FROM ACTIVITY
Walking: 836 calories - avg heart rate:145
Weight training: 550.
I got the battery for my heart rat monitor today. Will start mentioning the data in my log. It's an ft60.

Last edited:
CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the sub. With this current part of my plan the weekends are off... I ate pretty clean for the holidays.... Walked both mornings.

Got a good walk off this morning 70 minutes. Was super hot. I was a FURNACE this morning, which was odd considering it was 35 degrees. My weight has not budged yet, i will have pictures tonight though. Was not able to get a body-fat analysis done in the gym last week.. I will definitely update my bf% this Friday though.
sounds good man! I am just starting my cardio after a bulk, I took 4 days off for Christmas, and ate too much, got back to the gym and dropped 3 pounds. haha. I dont get it. But It sounds like your stuff is working good for ya!

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
sounds good man! I am just starting my cardio after a bulk, I took 4 days off for Christmas, and ate too much, got back to the gym and dropped 3 pounds. haha. I dont get it. But It sounds like your stuff is working good for ya!
Thanks for checking in on me....

I was starting to worry because.the scale was not moving. I was afraid overtraining or undereating might be holding my progress back. I think muscle rebound is helping my recomp quite a bit.

I went from being a veal to getting up to 3 sessions of excersise a day. And I am sleeping more than I used to as well.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The difference between 4 and 5 hours pre exercise is most likely to depend on how you feel. I don't like training more than 2 hours after a meal because it leaves me so much weaker and 2 is the upper limit for me.

I definitely recommend keeping an eye on your waist measurement above anything else. When I have male clients with a lot of weight to lose it is surprising how many of them can keep their weight static and build a lot of muscle while leaning out whereas the waist measurement isn't going to fool you as much.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
The difference between 4 and 5 hours pre exercise is most likely to depend on how you feel. I don't like training more than 2 hours after a meal because it leaves me so much weaker and 2 is the upper limit for me.

I definitely recommend keeping an eye on your waist measurement above anything else. When I have male clients with a lot of weight to lose it is surprising how many of them can keep their weight static and build a lot of muscle while leaning out whereas the waist measurement isn't going to fool you as much.
I am down inches on my waist. Belly fat is noticeably less as well. I have also been doing a lot of core work as well.

What would a sample pre workout meal be for you?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am down inches on my waist. Belly fat is noticeably less as well. I have also been doing a lot of core work as well.

What would a sample pre workout meal be for you?
My meals generally consist of meat + veg, nuts or eggs. My pre workout meal is no different to the rest of them.

Great news to hear you are down on your waist size. People use Erase for anti-catabolic purposes, if you are losing inches from the waist but maintaining weight that is great work. I would be doing whatever I can do hold onto muscle tissue and form new tissue where possible.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know these machines are not to be trusted but used the OMRON Fat Loss Monitor today and went from 30.7, 3 weeks ago to 26.7... I am sure i did not lose that much % but atleast i am going in the right direction. I have been noticing some muscularity changes in the mirror and some loss of Girth when using my heart rate monitor (it goes around the chest - i used to think it was going to explode off me, lol)....

quick question, need your opinion
I felt like superman in the gym today, now i did not do any morning walk (i was sooo weak yesterday in the gym) and i ate my lunch around 11 and not 12, i always workout around 4ish.... Do you think i should continue with the early lunch? 5 hours vs 4 hours of no food b4 a weight workout going to make that big a difference or do you think it was the lack of the one hour walk in the morning? I am not going to give up on the walks but i am considering modifying the time i eat lunch.....
BIA machines are definitely not an accurate measure of body composition, but they CAN give you an idea of your progress. Losing 4% bodyfat over three weeks is not bad and definitely doable - remember, the higher your body composition, the faster you may initially lose the bodyfat.

As far as your food, 4-5 hours is not going to make that much of a difference, IMO. That said, it depends on the individual, and you should do what feels best for your body and fits in with your schedule.

Keep in mind too, that the "calories burnt", even on your heart rate monitor being set up for you re your body stats of age, height, weight, sex, and activity level, are not an accurate indicator of how many calories your body ACTUALLY burns as a result of that exercise.

~Rosie~

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
What is a more accurate way? Ever hear of those body bugs? Lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone who is good at skinfold testing with calipers is the most accurate route for those without access to DEXA scans etc.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I wish I had an accurate way of seeing mine

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Ben mentioned, unless you have access to the "gold standard" of measuring body composition, then a qualified individual like an ISAK Anthropometrist re skinfolds (they measure out and mark each skinfold site, with doing 6-8 skinfolds, taking each skinfold in order, holding the calipers on each for ~2 seconds before determining the measure at that particular site, each skinfold done a minimum of twice) is the next best thing - although there is still some error of measurement, if they are good at what they do, they can be pretty accurate.

You mean a BodPod (uses air instead of water - like underwater weighing does - to determine body composition)? These are still fairly new and can be used, yes; although I have never personally used one, they are said to be as accurate as underwater weighing.

~Rosie~

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
The ft60 my monitor has been tested to be accurate withing about 15%, that is why i always remove 15 percent from my totals.... I am a big nerd so i chart everything... Its fun to see how my average Heart Rate has been coming down every week...

I was nervous before yesterday because i was notable to get an accurate reading from the friday before but i can really see differences in the mirror and in my clothes... Hopefully this mondays pics will tell a good story of progression. Once i get into the teens i am going to start getting skin fold done.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Keep in mind too, that the "calories burnt", even on your heart rate monitor being set up for you re your body stats of age, height, weight, sex, and activity level, are not an accurate indicator of how many calories your body ACTUALLY burns as a result of that exercise.
My Heart Rate monitor asks for height, weight, age. It then has you do a resting test (i think for V02). I mainly use it to keep my morning fasted walking in check, i dont want my heart rate too high w/out any food in the system...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Heart Rate monitor asks for height, weight, age. It then has you do a resting test (i think for V02). I mainly use it to keep my morning fasted walking in check, i dont want my heart rate too high w/out any food in the system...
Your heart rate monitor cannot tell you what your maximal oxygen capacity is - although if you KNOW what yours is, you CAN input it in there.

Bear in mind that the higher you get your heart rate when doing cardio, the better it's going to be for you re fat loss, since higher intensity exercise is superior to lower intensity for fat loss. If you prefer lower intensity for personal or physiological reasons, then there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to go for longer, and what calories you burn during that time IS the calories burnt from that particular session.

Hope you have a great New Year's bud and all the best for 2012!

~Rosie~

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Your heart rate monitor cannot tell you what your maximal oxygen capacity is - although if you KNOW what yours is, you CAN input it in there.

Bear in mind that the higher you get your heart rate when doing cardio, the better it's going to be for you re fat loss, since higher intensity exercise is superior to lower intensity for fat loss. If you prefer lower intensity for personal or physiological reasons, then there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to go for longer, and what calories you burn during that time IS the calories burnt from that particular session.

Hope you have a great New Year's bud and all the best for 2012!

~Rosie~
to back up rosies statement....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659488

happy new year every one

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Still chugging... Hurt my back last week helping a neighbor put her wheelchair in a family members car trunk.. Rebooting this Monday. I am down to 293 in weight.