Log: PES Erase + Alpha T2.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I wish I had an accurate way of seeing mine
    Always willing to learn :D


  2. Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    What is a more accurate way? Ever hear of those body bugs? Lol
    As Ben mentioned, unless you have access to the "gold standard" of measuring body composition, then a qualified individual like an ISAK Anthropometrist re skinfolds (they measure out and mark each skinfold site, with doing 6-8 skinfolds, taking each skinfold in order, holding the calipers on each for ~2 seconds before determining the measure at that particular site, each skinfold done a minimum of twice) is the next best thing - although there is still some error of measurement, if they are good at what they do, they can be pretty accurate.

    You mean a BodPod (uses air instead of water - like underwater weighing does - to determine body composition)? These are still fairly new and can be used, yes; although I have never personally used one, they are said to be as accurate as underwater weighing.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    What is a more accurate way? Ever hear of those body bugs? Lol
    The ft60 my monitor has been tested to be accurate withing about 15%, that is why i always remove 15 percent from my totals.... I am a big nerd so i chart everything... Its fun to see how my average Heart Rate has been coming down every week...

    I was nervous before yesterday because i was notable to get an accurate reading from the friday before but i can really see differences in the mirror and in my clothes... Hopefully this mondays pics will tell a good story of progression. Once i get into the teens i am going to start getting skin fold done.

  4. Keep in mind too, that the "calories burnt", even on your heart rate monitor being set up for you re your body stats of age, height, weight, sex, and activity level, are not an accurate indicator of how many calories your body ACTUALLY burns as a result of that exercise.
    My Heart Rate monitor asks for height, weight, age. It then has you do a resting test (i think for V02). I mainly use it to keep my morning fasted walking in check, i dont want my heart rate too high w/out any food in the system...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    My Heart Rate monitor asks for height, weight, age. It then has you do a resting test (i think for V02). I mainly use it to keep my morning fasted walking in check, i dont want my heart rate too high w/out any food in the system...
    Your heart rate monitor cannot tell you what your maximal oxygen capacity is - although if you KNOW what yours is, you CAN input it in there.

    Bear in mind that the higher you get your heart rate when doing cardio, the better it's going to be for you re fat loss, since higher intensity exercise is superior to lower intensity for fat loss. If you prefer lower intensity for personal or physiological reasons, then there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to go for longer, and what calories you burn during that time IS the calories burnt from that particular session.

    Hope you have a great New Year's bud and all the best for 2012!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Your heart rate monitor cannot tell you what your maximal oxygen capacity is - although if you KNOW what yours is, you CAN input it in there.

    Bear in mind that the higher you get your heart rate when doing cardio, the better it's going to be for you re fat loss, since higher intensity exercise is superior to lower intensity for fat loss. If you prefer lower intensity for personal or physiological reasons, then there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to go for longer, and what calories you burn during that time IS the calories burnt from that particular session.

    Hope you have a great New Year's bud and all the best for 2012!

    ~Rosie~
    to back up rosies statement....

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659488

    happy new year every one

  7. Still chugging... Hurt my back last week helping a neighbor put her wheelchair in a family members car trunk.. Rebooting this Monday. I am down to 293 in weight.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Alpha T-2+Erase
    By KimChee75 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 01:15 PM
  3. Alpha T-2, OEP, Erase log
    By SBG in forum PES
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 12:04 PM
  4. Erase+Alpha+Oxy Log
    By mersad in forum PES
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 07:37 PM
  5. Erase + Alpha T2 log
    By Legacyfighter in forum PES
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Log in
Log in