Scavenging the Iron Jungle, for the GOLD FEAST (sponsored log)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Intro
First of let me say thank you to Controlled Labs for letting me log there new and improved version of Golden Gains, GOLD FEAST. I recieved the package yesterday and my first use will be today after my workout. I've been an avid user of controlled labs products for the past 3 years and absolutely love there products so i expect this product to bring nothing less.

Throughout this log i'll log what i feel are possible effects of Gold Feast, since traditionally i've only used Whey protein and whey/casein blends post workout, never anything with a good bit of carbs healthy fat and certainely no fruit and veggie complex. What i expect to see is some increased recovery and expect the fruit and veggie complex to keep me from crashing post workout but we shall see!

Starting Stats-
Weight-193.4
Height- 6'3
BF- 13%
Age-19
Sport- Pitcher (Baseball)

Training/Nutrition
You caught me at an intersting time for my training program, since its my most intense portion of training in the last month before i begin my preseason phase for baseball its the last chance to get in the best shape possible both anerobicly and aerobicly. My Training program itself is to long and confusing to post at once so each day i'll just make sure to post it as it happened. But each day involves a Dynamic Warmup Possible 5-10 min on stationary bike, followed by pylometrics 2-4 days a week, then a strength portion, followed by either a forearm or hand circuit, followed by ab circuit then finished with some sort of cardio. Seems like a lot but basically my one goal is push myself and get in best shape possible quickly.

My nutrition program, will most likely vary day to day my overall goal is to shed a little bit of fat try to get around 11-12% BF hile maintaining strength i'll probally be eating right at or just below maintence for the first few weeks then bump up to slightly above maintence in early january as i draw closer to the start of practices.

Supplement Use-
Multi Vitamin
Glucosamine Sulfate
PoweChews Creatine
Jack3d (occasionally)
Various Fat burners run for first two weeks have a few pills left over of a few things.

Goals-
Alright what i hope to see from this product is increased recovery, some muscle gains obviously, and as i mentioned before i've never dosed a fruit/veggie complex so ineterested to see how that affects me.

My first day will be today as a i do Heavy Legs with my main lift being Back Squats so stay tuned!

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
INITIAL REVIEW

Mixability-
9/10 i left my shaker cup at school so had to use a regular water bottle, it actually mixed very very well in that no clumps at all even without a mixer ball. The only thing was a good amount of foam but it disapated, they mentioned this in the writeup to wait 5 minutes for foam to settle.

Taste- 10/10 very good flavor im usually not a fan of lemon drinks/food but this is delightfull i mixed with about 20-22 ounces of milk, will try water later, i'll say its really something to sip not chug though. Very good full flavor they really nailed the lemon drop, it does taste like lemon merengue pie too.

Will post workout in a bit.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Saturday- Squat day (Heavy Leg Day)

Warm-up-
5 Minute Bike

Foam Roll

Dynamic/Static Stretching

Pylometric Portion-

Box jumps 3 x 10

Single Leg Box Jumps 3 x 10 each leg

Strength Portion-

Squats- 135 x 12, 205 x 8, 245 x 5, 275 x 5, 295 x 5, 315 x 3 (almost went to 335 but opted not to since first day of new program, felt great)

SLDL- 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 185 x 6, 205 x 5

Lunge Jumps with 45lb DB in each hand- 3 sets of 12 jumps
-Superset with-
Physioball Single Leg Curl- 3 sets of 10

Single Leg Squat 4x5 (struggled with these got to work on balance at bottom but great exercise)

Forearm/ShoulderPortion-
Reverse Curl 55 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 10

Behind Back BB Wrist Curl- 95 x 20, 105 x 12, 105 x 10
-Superset with-
Plate Wrist Curl Upwards- 35 x 10, 35 x 10, 35 x 10

AB/Stretching- (circuit)
Hip Bridge
Reverse Crunch
Crunches
Bicycles
Toe Touches
Heel Touches
Russian Twists

Cardio-

5 sets of 30-45 second sprints at 11mpn on treadmill with 30-45 second walk at 4.5mph

Notes-
Felt great during this workout took 2 scoops jack3d before and had great focus and intensity, either need to trim down workout a bit was there for almost 1 hr 45 min or invest in some BCAAS for during workout since i ran out of my old ones.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Day 2-

So today i took 2 scoops post workout again this time mixed with about 20-22 ounces of water, and i actually liked it better in water the flavor was a little better the milk gave it too much of a flavor was easier to drink this way. I still was without a mixer but it mixed very well without a shaker ball only thing to note was foam for about 2-3 minutes then at the bottom some residue but not the normal protein clumps was more kind of grainy and small wasn't bad at all.

My workout today was a mess i supposed to do Heavy Upper Body but ended up doing just back/bis cause my chest was pretty stiff for some reason, So basically i did a bunch of pullups weighted and bodyweight BB Rows, and various other exercises i don't have exact numbers since i kind of winged it as will tommorow till i catch up to just doing upper body on one day. I did get a good forearm and ab workout in focusing on using Stability Balls and medicine balls, And finished with some sprints on treadmill.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
[HR][/HR]Day 3- Weight 193.4

Today was another day where was kind of mish mosh of a workout day i didn't intend on lifting today but weighed the options and ended up going, only did light chest and shoulders since im trying to limit any possible impingements or injuries in my shoulder elbow this close to the season. My workout was pretty efficent i went at a real quick pace around 30 seconds between sets sometimes less to get a good sweat going.

Tommorow im just planning on doing Yoga, and extended core session and some throwing and shoulder maintence so i'll keep you posted on that. I did not dose Gold Feast today since my workout was so close to dinner i just came home right after and had a full meal i'll probally dose tommorow morning.

Dynamic Static Stretching

DB Flat Bench- Normally i go up to about 85 x 5 but trying to keep reps in 10-15 range
55 x 15
65 x 12
70 x 10
60 x 14

DB Incline Bench- Kept these real low since can cause shoulder impingement not risking anything
55 x 15
55 x 15
55 x 15

Clean Pull-
135 x 6
135 x 6
135 x 6

Clean to Press- Went light just to get some of these in wasn't planning on it
95 x 6
95 x 6

Cable Flyes-
55 x 12
55 x 10
55 x 11

Tricep Rope Overhead extension-
80 x 10
85 x 9
90 x 7

1 mile at 8.5 mph just to get a good sweat going.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday- Squat day (Higher Rep day)
Warm-up-
5 Minute Bike

Foam Roll

Dynamic/Static Stretching

Pylometric Portion-

Box jumps 3 x 10

Single Leg Box Jumps 3 x 10 each leg

Strength Portion-

Squats- 135 x 12, 205 x 10, 245 x 8, 275 x 8, 225 x 12 (wanted to keep weight a bit lower and get really low in depth)

Front Squats- 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 165 x 7, 135 x 12 (felt good once again worked on depth today)

Lunge Jumps with 55lb DB in each hand- 3 sets of 12 jumps
-Superset with-
Physioball Single Leg Bridge- 3 sets of 30 seconds ea leg

Barbell Glute Bridge on floor- 135 x 12, 205 x 10, 255 x 8, 275 x 8
-Superset with-
C
able trunk rotations- 100 x 6 each side x 4

Forearm/ShoulderPortion-
Reverse Curl 55 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 10

Behind Back BB Wrist Curl- 95 x 20, 105 x 12, 105 x 10
-Superset with-
Plate Wrist Curl Upwards- 35 x 10, 35 x 10, 35 x 10

AB/Stretching- (circuit)
Physioball Jacknife 3 sets of 12
Physioball Rollout 3 sets of 12
Russian twsists 3 sets of 20 each side with 8lb med ball
Various core exercises

Took my Gold Feast about 20 minutes after i notice that it keeps me fuller then my normal protein shake which i like weight is ideal right now since eating just below maintence.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
subscribed, looking forward to trying this out myself!

Such a great profiled recovery/complete nutrition supplement!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Loggin this soon as well!

Workout looking sick! What programming is that?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Loggin this soon as well!

Workout looking sick! What programming is that?
Its something i built with the help of some articles ZiR ReD gave me on training for pitchers, my leg days are always my best im still trying to find sweat spot for upper body.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Will post up yesterdays workout and tonights later today, for some reason when i try to type out a long post in here my internet explorer always stops working and has to recover page and deletes it so it takes me forever. But im just gonna start doing them in Microsoft Word and pasting them here so were all set!

Some notes-

Weight 193.6 (woke up today and thought i would be down a few)

So my weight is basically the same about a week in but i've dropped bodyfat my abs are starting to show a bit more and im confident i've lost BF so im very happy so far that i've been able to lose BF without losing weight which means im either maintaining or adding muscle and i attribute some of this to Gold Feast. I like what i've seen so far with it the recovery seems improved and i enjoy the taste, i've been eating around maintence so i'll probally stay here a bit maybe lower a little.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Solid log so far bro. I'm really happy your enjoying the flavor :D

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
UPDATES!!!!!

Sorry for lack of updates, i had to recover my computer to the 16th and now my microsoft word or anything won't open and whenever i type out long workout logs in the reply here my internet freezes. I had some Win 7 Antivirus spyware but its all fixed now!!! Muwahaha im actually good at comptuers despite what i thought.

Current weight 193.0

My weight has stayed about the same while fluctuating calories a bit and having pretty intense workouts, im getting a bit stronger while leaning out which i normally find is kinda hard when most days im in calorie defecit.

Thoughts on Golden Gains-

The flavor is still very good i like it even more now that i've taken it each day, the shaker cup i have only allows me to use about 20 ounces of water and still have enough room for the 2 scoops but the flavor is very good with this amount of water the only thing is, it gets slightly grainy towards the bottom not clumpy but grainy. I attribute that adding more water would get rid of this since its reccomended anywhere from 20-32 ounces i just don't have enough room in my cup for it.

The recovery on this product i feel is better then my normal protein powder i attribute this to the added carbs and fat and fruit/veggie complex post workout really does inforce the fact that a full meal post workout a product similiar to this is best/all you need in bodybuilding not shakes with 60g of protein.

Today is a Back/Bi day going to try deadlifting for first time in a few months, gonna go real light don't want to slip a disk or anything but my lower back feels pretty good so i migh as well give them a go.

Some Notes from Last Week-

Squatted 335 x 2 a Personal Record
But other then that most of my ceased to amaze me and after christmas i decided to add a couple new products into my arsenal the following have been added.

Natadrol 12 caps a day for 30 days
Slin-Sane 3 caps a day
Bulk Supper Cissus 3 grams a day
Orange Triad 6 caps a day

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
12/30/11- Back/Bis/ABs/Forerarms

Had a very good workout today i dosed 1 Slin-Sane about an hour before a little before my preworkout meal and the pumps were amazing during my workout i also dosed 4 natadrol and 3 orange triad with that meal and i must say my endurance was great during this workout very pleased since i havent had a good back workout in quite some time.

Dynamic Stretching/Hip Mobility/Static Stretching

Strength Portion-

I started of with just a bunch of pull-up variations finished with anywhere from 75-100 reps and had a real good pump going already.

Barbell Row- Felt good weight was ehh, but focused more on form and got a real good mind-muscle connection during this.
135 x 10
155 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 2

DB Row- Last two sets focused on quick motions holding at top for a bit for some explosiveness85 x 10ea
90 x 8ea
70 x 12 explosive each
70 x 10 explosive each
-SuperSet With-
DB Reverse Flye- Not really sure if this is what its called but sat on edge of bench and did a flye with head down works upper back pretty good
30 x 12
35 x 10
35 x 10
30 x 12

Then i did a bunch of different variations of pull downs and face pulls i don't have the weights for them but it was a very solid workout.

Forearms-
Reverse Curl 4 sets of 12 reps with 55 pounds
Behind Back wrist curl- 2 sets of 20 reps with 105 pounds
Plate Upward wrist curl- 2 sets of 10 reps with 35lbs
DB Supination/Pronation- 20lbs x 12 x 4

Abs-
Physioball Jacknife- 4 sets of 12
Physioball Rollout- 4 sets of 10
Cable Power Trunk Rotation- 4 sets of 10 reps with 110lbs
Plate Side Oblique bend (whatever its called) 45lbs each hand x 20 reps x 4 sets

Cardio-

2 miles in 14 minutes at about 8.5mph the whole time

Sorry this is kind of thrown togethor in a big hurry lol, but overall great workout first time i've run 2 miles in 14 minutes in quite some time weights felt good overall great workout.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Sunday- 1/1/12 Heavy Leg Day

Warm-up-
.5 Mile at 8.5MPH
Dynamic Stretching/Foam Roll/Static Stretching

Strength Portion- First of let me note, i decided to change to box squats for now since it was pointed out by my friend i wasn't going low enough so doing box squats for a bit to try to fix that. They felt really good today so im not going to complain and weight wasn't much different which leads me to believe i was going low enough but i digress.

Squats-
135 x 15
205 x 12
245 x 6
275 x 3
295 x 2
315 x 1
135 x 30 (went high rep to end and boy was this tough going to do this for a while cause it burns)

Front Squat- Was starting to feel pain in elbow while doing these so altered grip to the one that rests on your shoulders and you basically cross your arms instead of basically using all wrist, Wasn't able to get as deep so i stayed pretty light on weight.

135 x 8
155 x 6
135 x 8
135 x 6

Barbell Glute Raise-
225 x 10
275 x 8
295 x 6
295 x 6

Calf Raise on machine-
220 x 12
280 x 10
300 x 10
300 x 8 (10 second hold at end)

Barbell Lunge- I didn't do my normal lunge jumps so decided to throw in some Barbell lunges at end
135 x 6ea leg
135 x 6ea leg

Cardio- Was drained from workout couldn't do sprints
Steady state 1mil at 8.5mph

Abs-
Physioball Jacknifes 3 sets of 15
Physioball Rollouts 3 sets of 10
Russian Twists with 8lb med Ball 3 sets of 30
Plate Side Crunches 3 sets of 20 with 45lb plates

And finished of with some stretching and hip mobility drills.

Final Notes-
Been using Gold Feast as a post workout shake since i got it but now im thinking of using it as part of my pre workout meal to see if it has any benefits from that. I'll do a weight check in tommorow to see where i stand but would guess im right around 193 still hopefully gonna get to 195 while leaning out a bit within the next few weeks.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I woke up this morning, stepped on the scale and it read 190.2 and i said to myself what the F**K am i doing im not in track and field i play baseball why the f am i trying to lose weight? I need to eat more and get more protein the last year basically i've spent my time trying to get in better athletic shape for some odd reason and i've gone from 217 to 190 albeit im stronger then i was in most areas at 190 then i was at 217 but i need to get up to a solid 200-205 rather then where i sit right now.

So im going to change up my diet a bit since im home i can't do 6 meals a day so just going to add in more protein shakes, im going to take my Gold Feast with breakfast and take my other protein post workout and pre bed.

I havent decided what im going to do today for the gym probally gonna just go do some cardio since if i did anything it would be upper body and minds a bit stiff atm.