Gold Feast for the Holidays

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Thanks so much for the logging op. I did not expect to see it outside my door the morning after it was sent out :)

Perfect timing actually - as with the last week of the year at work I already know I will pretty much never be leaving my desk from when i come in until I leave.

Planning on taking the first serving when i break my fast at 1. will post more as soon as i can. I just wanted to get the ball rolling!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Had my first serving at lunch.

Mixes rather well - though there was some initial settling that required a reshake to clear up.

Taste wise the best thing i can compare it to in terms of taste / texture was these frozen lemon iced that come in the lemon skin. a little thick, hint of zest. the lemon flavor is not over powering very natural tasting.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
added a lot more water today to see how it went. still "pulpy" for lack of better term. Not that it takes away from the experience or anything. It really does give it that "fresh squeezed" lemon vibe. Some people may not like it, but its no big deal for me.

Mixed up in maybe 30 seconds of shaking with cold water. Not super fast but better / more complete than quite a few things.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
with the extra water I must say this is a very filling and satisfying shake!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice log/review, so far. i am hoping it will be as good as golden gains is/was for me!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
you guys are really going to save my a$$ this week. I think today i might have enough of a lunch to shake the shake up.. and I though yesterday was bad!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
so far nothing crazy to report. feel completely spent. a nap would be great :)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Introduce your product, I know nothing about it.

what is Gold Feast? Who makes it?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
It is Controlled Lab's Meal replacement Shake. awsome MRP so far. 200 calories per serving, next to no sugar, low fat, 30 servings per container, and it tastes good.. what more can you ask for? :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It is Controlled Lab's Meal replacement Shake. awsome MRP so far. 200 calories per serving, next to no sugar, low fat, 30 servings per container, and it tastes good.. what more can you ask for? :)
Nice :thumbsup:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
this may be the last post until after Christmas is over. I will try but I know it will be crazy busy.

Very filling shake, with out bogging you down. Taste is great very natural. Last nigth was the first day at the gym taking this. I was tired but put in max effort, bench did finally go up been stuck for a while but i seem to be doing better. could be many diffrent things, but the extra protein can't hurt can it?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
just bumping. haven run away or anything. the holidays were great but super busy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
taste of feast is better than golden gains, but a little less filling, but the energy boost is also better than gg, imo.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
with the higher end amount of water i think GF is pretty filling. haven't noticed a huge energy boost, but did pick up on some extra strength at the gym

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
back to work, even with a week and change off it is like I never left.

Happy New Year everyone!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
didn't notice and crazy desire to nap after taking it today. might have just been a combo of things that made me want to pass out post lunch :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
another tastey lunch, pumped to hit the gym tonight!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
all things considered with the day yesterday my gym session went pretty well. Very good pump for what its worth. :)

Had my Daily shake about 30 minutes ago and nothing weird or out of the ordinary to report.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I am thinkign the minor sides (almost seem like a slight allergy maybe??) are due to using less water. taste wise it is the same for me SO I guess i will keep using more water.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Still liking the taste so far?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
yeah - i find it to be pretty pleasant and mild. very natural tasting :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
could jsut be water weight, or what ever but I was down 5 pounds from last week. Considering how much i have been eating, I might jsut be a fluke - will no for sure next week. I took a reading at the gym sunday PWO and i was up 9 pounds. (only had BCAA's and water at that point), FWIW. I feel and look bigger.

The pumps have been great. My arms feel huge (granted they havent grown much when checking with tape) but they are really blowing up which is cool :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
not much to report other than it still tastes great :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
solid day of lifting yesterday. I recently started following some of the weight ideas from the lifting for skinny fat ectos, and I have to say for the first time in a very long time my bench actually seems to be going up. did three sets of 8 8 7 with a weight a few weeks ago i would have been happy to get 6 for :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid day of lifting yesterday. I recently started following some of the weight ideas from the lifting for skinny fat ectos, and I have to say for the first time in a very long time my bench actually seems to be going up. did three sets of 8 8 7 with a weight a few weeks ago i would have been happy to get 6 for :)
Haha, nice! Is that the westside barbell stuff?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
the idea may be similar? I havent read all that much up on the WSBB programs.

Basically I am still doing the same thing i had been, but bumped the weights up a bit. I was more focused on Hitting 8 reps as my base number and then when i got up to 11 or 12 for each set i would raise the weight. For every lift other than my Bench that would work fine.

I pushed the weight up 10 pounds, and if i started at 6 6 6 as long as they went up i called it a win. Still planning on waiting until i can get 10 or 12 for all set and then i will go up again.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Last weeks weight very well may have been a fluke. as of this morning I am at 170 even. Not counting last week, that's around 5 pounds gained since early /mid Dec. not bad at all, especially considering the holidays and rest week.

waist is more or less unchanged for the past few weeks. Which is great!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Last weeks weight very well may have been a fluke. as of this morning I am at 170 even. Not counting last week, that's around 5 pounds gained since early /mid Dec. not bad at all, especially considering the holidays and rest week.

waist is more or less unchanged for the past few weeks. Which is great!
Great job!
How's the Gold Feast treating you?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
filling me up at "lunch" considering i rarely leave my desk, and will no eat from the cafe at work, it is a life saver :)

Bodyfat came back right around 12% again, which seems to be where my body wants to be. Can't complain if i can keep getting bigger an maintain that % but it does look like i will never been lean enough for abs. time will tell there though.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
fighting off some annoying allergy / cold for the past few days. Need to see how i feel later if i will hit the gym or not. if i could have it would have taken off sick yesterday or at least left early. ended up coming in early and staying about an hour late. fun!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
fighting off some annoying allergy / cold for the past few days. Need to see how i feel later if i will hit the gym or not. if i could have it would have taken off sick yesterday or at least left early. ended up coming in early and staying about an hour late. fun!
That's crazy. At least u have a cafeteria at work haha

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
It is nice that it is there, but is it over priced, and the the food of questionable quality. I guess it is good that it is there for emergencies :) Would be more likely to walk the 5 minutes to go to the subway down the street, or get some take out delivered if i was going to eat around here. :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Get better soon bro!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Get better soon bro!
Thanks bro! I rarely get sick but man every timei do its a point were i cant call out sick or leave early. Feeling better than yesterday at least so far. just need to be able to actually sleep a full night and i should be golden!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
at least it is friday.... since sunday i have not had a full nights sleep... last night i was only out for a small clips at a time. i guess that is better than waking up at midnight and staying up... no sure..

feeling a little better maybe? yesterday afternoon was the worst. I have the feeling that this week will be an unplanned rest week, maybe i can salvage sunday?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
With being sick and the snow - last week ended up being an unplanned rest week. I do finally feel better. Only took until Saturday afternoon.

I did actually sleep some what uninterrupted this weekend, at the very least was able to fall back asleep for the most part :) Ready to get back to the Gym on Wednesday!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
ended up feeling like I was going to crash right after lunch yesterday. feel better once I left for the day but I was dragging there for a few hours.

Sleep was odd again last night. I want to say I feel asleep for an hour or so at first, but I really don't remember. I did doze of for maybe 2 hours in the middle of the night but that was it. I am going to see if I cut back on coffee today if that makes any difference (I doubt it) The only thing I can think of is that I took my multi vit and fish oil in the evening, but that doesn't really seem possible to be the cause?

Guess it is just stress / nerves?

Feel ok so far not tired or anything at least.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
went to bed early but did have a pretty solid nights sleep at least for me anyways so that was a plus. lookign forward to hitting the gym finally tonight!

Then making some homemade chicken and cabbage egg rolls :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, how'd the workout go? I'm glad your finally feeling better

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Work out went well, I must say. I felt pretty strong throughout, didnt shatter any PB's but i didnt lose anything either. Though I was gutted by the end of it. Still a huge influx of college kids home on break and some resolutioners so i had to change up some lifts but nothing major. I kind of prefer goblet squats (did the twisting varient) over regular squats anyways so no complaints. Aaron will be happy to know, I hit up the Hammer Strength chest press do to no benches being open :)

Thankfully i did sleep a full night for the first time in maybe 2 weeks? which was great, would have loved to keep on sleeping :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
on a side note - a big BOO because I am getting close to scrapping the bottom of the jug :(

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
weight is about the same as last week even though i was pretty much eating everything in sight. this always seems to happen when i get around 170..

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
looking like there are maybe 2 or 3 days left :(

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
well its 1:50 - been at work since 7 - kinda taking a lunch now.

"lunch" in that io had the three seconds to make my shake and go back to my desk. have not had the chance to drink it yet, but i am working on it.

here it sits taunting me with its nice taste :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
on a side note - a big BOO because I am getting close to scrapping the bottom of the jug :(
lol...i solved that pretty easily, when i started running low, i bought 2 more-love this stuff-use it almost every night at work!!!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry haven't been in for a while.
Nimbus is working me, along with work and everything else haha...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
no worries man, I hear yah about work working everything out of you!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
last post for this log :(

What can i say, I love this stuff - safed my neck a few times for quick filling not bad you meal replacement / enhancer.

The taste was still enjoyable even the the last scoop. (I was litterly shaking the jug to get the last bits out :) )

WOuld I buy this again, definitely when i have the cash. I dont think i would eb able to swing it as a daily shake but once my whey runs out i am thinking about getting this for my Post Workout shakes. I would easily reccomend it to anyone in the market for a MRS. The fact that it is so low in sugar and fat is awsome!