Phat Guy trys to lean out with Athletix, PES, and UPS stack...

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Round 4: Me being Lean – Recomp or Cut… Not sure which direction this is going to go just yet.

Stack for Dec. and Jan.:
Alpha T2: 2 AM and 1 PM
OxyElite Pro: 2 AM and 1 PM
Formula X: Pre W.O. or in AM
Titanium XL: 2 AM and 2 Pre W.O. or PM
Erase: 1 AM, 1 Lunch, 1 Pre W.O. or PM

Current Stats: 6’4”, 342.25 (Monday Nov. 29)

The past 7 months or so:
AL/AH: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182997-phat-guys-al.html
Ultra/Black Stack #1: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/184442-phat-guy-stacks.html#post3037932
Ultra/Black Stack #2: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/186012-phat-guy-stacks.html

Other supplements:
Multivitamin, St. John’s Wort, & MusclePharm Creatine

Goals: Jumpstart to a new me? Long term 7-12 months: Loose 100 lbs?

At this point, I am just happy to get into a routine and stick to it for the next 8 weeks. Alpha and Oxy combo look like a good way to cut the fat and boost metabolism. The Erase, Formula X, and Titanium XL should allow me to keep the majority of muscle while doing this. I am hoping that they will also help me keep the strength that I have been gaining over the past 6 months as well.

Weigh In: Monday afternoons until I get below 330 and can use my digital home scale. After that, weigh in’s will occur Saturday or Sunday morning when I wake up.

Workouts:
40 minutes Cardio pre-W.O. 5 times a week
M – Chest/Tri’s,T – Quads/Ham’s/Calves, W – Cardio Only, Th – Shoulders/Traps, F – Back/Bi’s
S/S – Family time but if I can sneak off for some cardio I will

Diet: Going with the Lean Gains approach. 7 pm to 11 am fast. Diet will be similar to what I was doing for my AL/AH log. I may tweak things as I go along because I love me some potatoes and pasta. More calories consumed on days when I do combine cardio and lifting.

****s n Giggles: Fitocracy - Log In

*First week's log will post tomorrow.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 1: Dec. 4th

Weight: 334.25 (-8 since the time I came up with this due to changes in my diet before starting)

Noticeable Effects: Almost down 10 lbs at the start of this log. Water weight loss at its’ finest.

Bitching about Cardio: Stair Climber kicked my ass but good ol Mr. Stationary Bike was there to help me pick up the slack.

Workouts: With the time crunch, I’m choosing three exercises for each body part and trying to get 8 – 12 rep in. Going as heavy as possible without putting too much pressure on my wrists and shoulders atm.

Diet Ups and Downs: Not thinking about this as a diet but an intake modification due to the 16/8 fasting split. Cleaned up my diet a bit – no more junk at lunch, more fruit and vegetables instead. Lots and lots of water helped… Need to remember not to drink a liter before bed.

Thoughts on Fasting: Not bad. Casein shake right before 7 has helped when I need it (Forgot to chug one Wednesday night and ended up thinking about grub all night long).

Other Odds n Ends: I started out this week WITHOUT the T2 and Oxy I was going to log with this little excursion. Doing pretty good I would say. Only made it to the gym 2 times – M/W with 15 min stair climber followed by 20 min on the bike. Hit the weights as heavy as I could with whatever time I had left… Chest/Tri’s, Shoulders – both were very solid and focused workouts and I am not feeling that my strength is diminishing. Got a good 10 mile bike ride done Sat night to look at Christmas lights, with my daughter’s trailer attached to my bike. Also took my daughter to donate a gift at my gym for Toys for Tots. I love it when she gets excited about giving to another child.

** Week 2 will have the Alpha/Oxy introduced on Sunday. Going to be hard to get to the gym next week as my students have Finals, which means I have a ****-ton of grading to get done before the end of the semester. I can only hope to squeeze some time in. If not, if there is any loss it will be the fasting with the Alpha/Oxy stacked.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Subbed!

Good luck, looks like a killer stack!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Thanks JD. I'm really enjoying it so far. Unfortunately, this week is busy and I've got my daughter's cold and cough. Whatever the losses that come from it are going to be the LG fasting and the supps kicking into gear.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have mixed feelings on the lean gains diet, I did notice a nice amount of weight loss with it, but also loss more muscle then other cuts, some people love it tho.

-8 pounds is a nice drop, keep up the good work!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
I'm finding that it helps me not snack all day long which can be a big problem. But that 8 hour window is great due to me being able to focus on eatting a lot cleaner to getting good whole food into my system. We'll see how it goes. I am hoping to run this for a full 8 weeks but Christmas is taking a toll on the wallet, as usual. Either way, I am looking forward to getting the weight off one way or another.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It is a great diet for dropping weight, many have had great success on it.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 2: Dec. 11th

Weight: 325.6 (-9)

Noticeable Effects: Noticeable loss in face, feet, hands. Triceps definition is starting to come through. Being stim free since July, I definitely feel the effects of the T2 and Oxy. Body temp is up and I’m generating a good sweat. Thirst is definitely up!

Bitching about Cardio: Not much other than the 10 mile bike ride on an old school cruiser… 1 gear! This week has been crapped due to finals and catching my daughter’s cold and cough and then the flu bug that has been going around campus.

Workouts: See above.

Diet Ups and Downs: Not bad this week. Lots of water and staying within the fasting times has been very easy. No hunger in the evenings which is great.

Thoughts on Fasting: Lean Gains is really manageable and fits into my routine quite nice. I don’t feel like I am ‘dieting’ but more focused on when I feed myself and knowing what it’s for.

Other Odds n Ends: Alpha male attitude kicked into overdrive and so did my temper a few times, I’m guessing that the Erase/Formula X/Titanium XL has really built up in the blood stream. Sex drive has really gotten a boost as well. Not feeling jittery on the T2/Oxy either which is a blessing. Focus and determination to get things done has been a great side as well. Can't wait to get back to the gym next week.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good to hear your not getting any jitters from the T2/oxy stack, I've tried to run it before, I had to stop 3 days in, I don't react good to the yohimbine, it makes me feel like puking all day and really jittery. I love shift for fat burning!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 3: Dec. 18th

Weight: 322.4 (- 3.2)

Noticeable Effects: No jitters, good energy and focus. Thirst is definitely up.

Bitching about Cardio: This week was not good with catching a second cold, the leftovers from the flu, and a sinus infection… Really screws things up.

Workouts: N/A

Diet Ups and Downs: Stayed on track with the fasting. At pretty crappy this week looking for comfort food to keep my energy up and the sickness away.

Thoughts on Fasting: Lots and lots of water in the evenings help. Pissing twice nightly has its downfalls.

Other Odds n Ends: I hate being sick… And a belated Merry Christmas!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Damn that sucks being sick, I hear ya with the comfort food, everytime im sick I end up putting on some unwanted fat. Hopefully this week goes better for ya.

Belated Merry Christmas :D

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Yea the diet was not clean but I did end up dropping 1.2's by the end of week 3. Not bad. Hoping to get back into the swing of things later this week. Much harder when the entire family is off for the holiday's and it's expected that we all have day trips to participate in. Fingers crossed.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't think anyone sticks to a clean diet during the holidays:D

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 4: Dec. 25th

Weight: 321.2 (-1.2)

Noticeable Effects: No jitters and appetite has diminished. Thirst is still up.

Bitching about Cardio: n/a

Workouts: n/a

Diet Ups and Downs: Starting this before Christmas and New Year’s was wrong. The good news is instead of gaining, which is the norm, I have lost or maintained!

Thoughts on Fasting: All is good, even with the family home this week.

Other Odds n Ends: No gym… The entire family was home which meant day trips every single day!

Last edited:
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Losing a pound during the holidays is pretty good, im sure almost everyone has put on a lot of weight with Christmas. Hope you had a great new years!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hope training is going great :D

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Getting back into the grove after the holidays. I'm really enjoying the stack. Easy going, no sides, and yes the strength is staying with me. I don't believe I have lost much muscle at this point but it's still early. Weigh in Sunday so we'll see how things pan out. Definitely will be in full swing next week trying to ramp things up till the end of the month.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 5: Jan. 2nd

Weight: 323.2 (+2)

Noticeable Effects: The Oxy/Alpha is a god send. Has totally kicked in to ease the hunger and cravings. Allows me to get through my fasting period so much easier and without the cravings.

The Titanium/Erase/Formula X really kicked in this week. Yes, I’m holding onto some good mass as well as strength. But the sex drive has really gone into over drive this week.

Bitching about Cardio: Hate it… Hate it a lot. But if I am going to get back down to 275 or 250, I have to keep doing it.

Workouts: Though my workout load has diminished, the strength I’ve gained this year is still with me.

Diet Ups and Downs: Made it through the holidays. Surprisingly it wasn’t the candy I was craving but cinnamon rolls. Damn things nearly drove me into insanity. Guess I should have eaten more than the three I had, but I was trying to be good.

Thoughts on Fasting: The 1t6/8 split is really working great. I’m not feeling hungry all the time and am making it from 7 pm to 11 am pretty easily. I have to give some credit again to the Oxy/Alpha for keeping what can be a huge appetite in check.

Other Odds n Ends: Got into the gym but eating was a bitch this week. Due to family emergencies I ate out way too often. Not to mention the random parties that were thrown this past weekend… Beer. Some people love junk food, I enjoy really good beer.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good to hear the strength is still sticking with ya, those holidays are killer on the diet. Hit the diet hard this week, give it hell!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 6: Jan. 9th

Weight: 319.8 (-4.4)

Noticeable Effects: Still rocking and rolling, loving the energy and focus. Lowest weight I have been in a long time.

Bitching about Cardio: Hate it… Hate it a lot.

Workouts: The best workouts since I started. Pumps and focus were crazy, strength is continues to stay up, the alpha male kicked in as well as **** eating grins while walking out of the gym. Good times.

Diet Ups and Downs: Same old thing.

Thoughts on Fasting: Loving it.

Other Odds n Ends: Lowest weight I have been in a long time. Haven’t noticed too much muscle loss as clothing is still tight round the thighs, arms, neck, shoulders and chest. Got to the last notch on my belt, may have to buy another one here soon.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hell yeah thats what I like to hear, stellar week! Keep up the good work:D

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
I swear I get one good week in and it's followed by a crappy one. I think my yearly bout of Bronchitus (sp) is creeping up on me... This is the time I really start to hate my job.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 7: Jan. 16

Weight: 318.2 (-1.2)

Noticeable Effects: Appetite is under control. Good energy all day long.

Workouts:
Diet Ups and Downs:
Thoughts on Fasting:

Other Odds n Ends: This week was shot. Thought I had bronchitis but Dr. said just a nasty cough and cold draining me. Will pick things up next week.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Week 7: Jan. 16

Weight: 318.2 (-1.2)

Noticeable Effects: Appetite is under control. Good energy all day long.

Workouts:
Diet Ups and Downs:
Thoughts on Fasting:

Other Odds n Ends: This week was shot. Thought I had bronchitis but Dr. said just a nasty cough and cold draining me. Will pick things up next week.
Noticing any changes in the mirror?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thats a bummer, everyone is getting sick again lately.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Noticing any changes in the mirror?
Suprisingly yes. Most noticible in the face, hands, and feet. Tri's are looking mean, shoulders and traps I can see some seperation. Vascularity is really starting to come through - hell I had a new huge vain coming off my temple today while doing dumb bell curls, lol. Waste has diminished as I no longer have my 'shelf' as my wife would call it. 24 lbs. lost is a pretty good start. Now to keep up with it.

Was planning on an AL/AH/AD 8 week run in Feb but that's been put on hold due to PP not shipping until March. Really thinking I will run the Alpha T2/Oxy/Erase for another 4 weeks unless something else comes about. Wish I didn't have to cycle off the Formula X, I really feel that this, alone, has made a huge difference in me being able to keep my strength up and majority of muscle while dieting/fasting. But from what I've read, the 6-8 week marks a diminishing returns with DAA. But I can honestly say that Formula X is something that I will be including throughout the year while the Titanium XL will be a part of all my PCT needs.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Suprisingly yes. Most noticible in the face, hands, and feet. Tri's are looking mean, shoulders and traps I can see some seperation. Vascularity is really starting to come through - hell I had a new huge vain coming off my temple today while doing dumb bell curls, lol. Waste has diminished as I no longer have my 'shelf' as my wife would call it. 24 lbs. lost is a pretty good start. Now to keep up with it.

Was planning on an AL/AH/AD 8 week run in Feb but that's been put on hold due to PP not shipping until March. Really thinking I will run the Alpha T2/Oxy/Erase for another 4 weeks unless something else comes about. Wish I didn't have to cycle off the Formula X, I really feel that this, alone, has made a huge difference in me being able to keep my strength up and majority of muscle while dieting/fasting. But from what I've read, the 6-8 week marks a diminishing returns with DAA. But I can honestly say that Formula X is something that I will be including throughout the year while the Titanium XL will be a part of all my PCT needs.
I'm happy to hear how much you love the Formula-X, I seem to never want to get off the stuff, just such an awesome combo of ingredients in 1 product.

I hope you log the AL/AH/AD stack I'd love to follow that, I plan on running AM/AH/AD stack in the next 2-3 months, I have high hopes for the new improved androseries:)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Formula X has been a god send this past year. Great product.

We'll have to trade notes on the PP stacks. Ran the AH/Al last year as a recomp to get myself back into the swing of things and really liked what I was able to achieve. Good luck with that JD. I may have to give it a shot next fall.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Formula X has been a god send this past year. Great product.

We'll have to trade notes on the PP stacks. Ran the AH/Al last year as a recomp to get myself back into the swing of things and really liked what I was able to achieve. Good luck with that JD. I may have to give it a shot next fall.
Thanks! Yeah I love Formula-X, it will always be a staple in my PCT and natty stacks.

I ran AL/AH for 1 month, then AH/Form for 1 month. I wasn't overly impressed with AndrohardV2, I found AndrohardLV/DermacrineLV was a much stronger combo. Im waiting for more feedback on androdrive, I def want to run AM/AH, but can't decide if I want to add in Androdrive or Transderm :|

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Week 8: ending Jan. 29 – this will be my last post for now. I will update again in about 4 weeks.

Weight: 317, - 25lbs in 8 weeks. Not bad as this is the lowest I have been in over a year. With a 4 lb. weekly loss on average, I should be able to keep the weight off.

Noticeable Effects: Still focused with good energy, no jitters.

Workouts: Nice and solid. Glad to see the strength has not taken a big hit.

Diet Ups and Downs: Absolutely loving the Lean Gains approach. What I eat hasn’t changed too much, though I have cleaned it up. The fasting works with my schedule, even on the weekends.

Thoughts on Fasting: Water. It helps. In order to keep the evening snacking in check, I usually end up drinking close to 2 liters each night. Yea, the up and down sleep pattern sucks but it really beats me clearing the cupboards before bed.

Other Odds n Ends: Since my AL/AH/AD is delayed by PP, I’ll be extending the Oxy/Alpha/Erase another 4 weeks. I’ve already been on the Titanium and Formula X since the end of November so cycling off those is a priority. Going to miss them though, Athletix has got some nice natty products out there that efficiently stack well together.

Overall: I really enjoyed the Lean Gains approach with this stack. Been able to keep most of my muscle mass and strength throughout the process. Oxy/Alpha has been jitter free with no ill sides. Having been stim free for over a year, I thought there would have been some issues but that was not the case. I’d have to recommend this stack for anyone wanting to hold onto what you’ve been working for while dieting.

I’ll post again in 4 more weeks. Hopefully my AL/AH/AD will be on its way and in the mean time, I’ll run the Oxy/Alpha/Erase stack through February and post additional results at the end of the month.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Week 8: ending Jan. 29 – this will be my last post for now. I will update again in about 4 weeks.

Weight: 317, - 25lbs in 8 weeks. Not bad as this is the lowest I have been in over a year. With a 4 lb. weekly loss on average, I should be able to keep the weight off.

Noticeable Effects: Still focused with good energy, no jitters.

Workouts: Nice and solid. Glad to see the strength has not taken a big hit.

Diet Ups and Downs: Absolutely loving the Lean Gains approach. What I eat hasn’t changed too much, though I have cleaned it up. The fasting works with my schedule, even on the weekends.

Thoughts on Fasting: Water. It helps. In order to keep the evening snacking in check, I usually end up drinking close to 2 liters each night. Yea, the up and down sleep pattern sucks but it really beats me clearing the cupboards before bed.

Other Odds n Ends: Since my AL/AH/AD is delayed by PP, I’ll be extending the Oxy/Alpha/Erase another 4 weeks. I’ve already been on the Titanium and Formula X since the end of November so cycling off those is a priority. Going to miss them though, Athletix has got some nice natty products out there that efficiently stack well together.

Overall: I really enjoyed the Lean Gains approach with this stack. Been able to keep most of my muscle mass and strength throughout the process. Oxy/Alpha has been jitter free with no ill sides. Having been stim free for over a year, I thought there would have been some issues but that was not the case. I’d have to recommend this stack for anyone wanting to hold onto what you’ve been working for while dieting.

I’ll post again in 4 more weeks. Hopefully my AL/AH/AD will be on its way and in the mean time, I’ll run the Oxy/Alpha/Erase stack through February and post additional results at the end of the month.
Great final review on everything, -25 pounds in 8 weeks is very good, awesome to see your loving the Leangains diet, it is very effective for dropping weight. I'm stoked you enjoy the Athletix line :D

Let me know if you end up logging AL/AH/AD stack, I'd love to follow it and hear your thoughts.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Fact: This tub of Formula X is running long. Even at two scoops per day, I'm going to get a little over 6 weeks from it. Thanks Athletix!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Fact: This tub of Formula X is running long. Even at two scoops per day, I'm going to get a little over 6 weeks from it. Thanks Athletix!!!
Really :S I was doing 2 scoops a day and it lasted me 3.5 weeks, thats the thing with the micronized bcca's as it was shipped if it's been shaken enough they puff out a lot. Are they packed enough scoops?

This will be fixed for the next batch of Formula-X.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Just leveled off, not packed down or anything. I haven't missed a day on this tub. I am really suprised at how long it has lasted. It should have ran out two weeks ago but looks to getting me through Thursday this week which would be almost 6. BTW mine doesn't look 'puffy' coming out in scoops, though it does puff as soon a water is added. Still love it and definitely a fixture for any PCT for me these days.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated :D

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Final posting.

Hit a wall with the loss but went from 342 to 317 wasn't bad and leveled off at 321. Anyone thinking of this stack with the Lean Gains approach should not be disappointed. It's definitely something I would try again. Anyways, next log will be a sponsered AnaBeta/Prime log for 4 weeks followed by a 12 week AM/AH/AD run. I decided to switch up my order from the AL since things kept getting pushed back. The next 16 - 20 weeks should be interesting.

Cheers.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Final posting.

Hit a wall with the loss but went from 342 to 317 wasn't bad and leveled off at 321. Anyone thinking of this stack with the Lean Gains approach should not be disappointed. It's definitely something I would try again. Anyways, next log will be a sponsered AnaBeta/Prime log for 4 weeks followed by a 12 week AM/AH/AD run. I decided to switch up my order from the AL since things kept getting pushed back. The next 16 - 20 weeks should be interesting.

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback!

Nice 12 weeker! I plan on doing 8. Once your Prime/Anabeta log is up I'll def be follow your Androseries log, good luck and thanks again for the feedback!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback!

Nice 12 weeker! I plan on doing 8. Once your Prime/Anabeta log is up I'll def be follow your Androseries log, good luck and thanks again for the feedback!
Thanks for the support. It's much appricated. Can't wait to fit in the Licogenix sometime... Just need to figure out when/where I can fit it in because I love me some Athletix.