bigdavid gettin' STRONGER sleepin' LONGER with HGH-PRO - 3 month log (Sponsored)

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Photo 1014.jpg

First I would like to give a HUGE thank you to AI sports for allowing me the opportunity to log their product HGHpro. For those of you who are just hearing about this product now these are some of the product claims:

- Promote healthy HGH levels.
- Promote deeper and more restful sleep
- Increase appetite
- Increase strength
- Increase recovery
- Promote clear skin
- Support optimal acetyl-choline production
- Control prolactin
- Control somatostatin
- Increase fat loss

This is great for me for several reasons. First my sleep has always been horrible. From middle school till now I have always had a tough time getting to sleep and over the past few years I have started having a very hard time staying asleep. This is not only bad for building muscle and strength but it negatively affects every day function.

My current workouts focus on strength increases and I do 3 heavy sets for the major compound lifts followed by supporting exercises. I am currently on the end of my 1st week of pct for my first cycle with h-drol so my supplements for the next month will include:

HGH-pro
nolva (20/20/10/10)
DAA
Erase
activate xtreme
preworkouts/intraworkouts
fishoil/mulit/whey/etc (all the basics)
a CRAP TON OF FOOD

So my main goals for this log are improved sleep, faster recovery, and increased strength and muscle mass. I take melatonin every night and I will take that with the HGHpro but in a week or two will try to remove the melatonin to see how hghpro by itself can help my sleep.

AI is EXTREMELY generous with samples packets so I have tried HGHpro for the past two nights and tonight I will start my 3 month supply. I was extremely surprised by the relaxation I felt after my first dose and I woke up a few hours earlier the next day feeling pretty darn refreshed (I tend to sleep for a very long time to make up for my lack of quality of sleep with quantity). I have not felt like that in a while so this is a good start. I have also tried ambien in the past so I am a very good judge of what products work for sleeping I have tried many OTC sleep aids.

With that being said today is a rest day from the gym and tomorrow I am going to hit back and calves stay tuned!

BKx90

Awards
lovin the thread title. Have fun with it, Big D. When I tried the sample of HGHPro I felt like I had just taken a xanax haha...but then again I usually have no problem falling asleep :p

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!
I'm in on this one.
Where did you get those backwards bottles though? Lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice!
I'm in on this one.
Where did you get those backwards bottles though? Lol
You're 1st I'm 2nd!!!!

BigD I gotcha bak just in case some more fools showed up like last time. :alcoholic:

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Didn't have much energy today because I was studying all day for a final I had a few hours ago and didn't get much time to eat before I went to the gym after my exam. Pushed through it with some stims and it ended up not being too bad.

Back and calves

Deadlifts
135 x 6
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 2

DB rows
55s x 8
80s x 3
110s x 10
115s x 7
115s x 7

Lat pulldowns shoulder width grip
100 x 10
150 x 8
180 x 8
200 x 8
200 x 6
200 x 5

DB shrugs
85s x 12
85s x 12
85s x 12
85s x 12

Finished it off with 8 sets of seated calve raises reps around 15

Had two finals the past two days so did not get much time to devote to sleep because of that. Have my last two finals in a week so will be able to get more sleep for the next few days :veryhappy:.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Looking strong there. I am kinda jealous, my gyms DB only go up to 60lbs. So higher reps it is!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You need to find a new gym BudMan... You can out grow those 60s quick.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Looking strong there. I am kinda jealous, my gyms DB only go up to 60lbs. So higher reps it is!
Thanks man. and that is lame..maybe just do barbell exercises so you can increase the weight more and not get stuck at 60s with dumbbells

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and tris

BB shoulder press
135 x 5
185 x 10
195 x 6
195 x 3

Hammer style front lateral DB raises
40s x 10
45s x 8

Sitting side later DB raises
25s x 10
30s x 9

Reverse machine flies
120 x 10
150 x 10
165 x 10
180 x 10

Close grip bench press
135 x 10
185 x 8
195 x 7
195 x 7

V bar cable tricep pushdowns
120 x 10
170 x 12
170 x 11
170 x 9

Underhand grip one hand cable tricep pushdown
40 x 10
40 x 10
35 x 12

Good pumps during this workout. Took two sample packets of maniac, added 2 g beta alanine and some DAA. Felt good. AI has some good supplements too bad I didnt pick up maniac during that black friday deal.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Felt the need to update that even though I only slept for 6 hours last night (had to wake up early to turn in some forms) I actually feel pretty darn good! Very surprised because when I wake up this early I am usually the first person to come back home and crawl right back in bed but I do not feel the need to do that. I guess I have to find other things to do with my time besides sleep all day! lol

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Good weight on those... I can't compete with that, yet!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats some sick shoulder pressing!!

BTW, are shoulder presses you do seated? Or standing? Because... we have so many names for that movement. Is it all just names?
i.e. Over head press, military press, shoulder press....?

Either way impressive bro. Those are some mean numbers.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Good weight on those... I can't compete with that, yet!
Just keep at it and you will very soon!!

Thats some sick shoulder pressing!!

BTW, are shoulder presses you do seated? Or standing? Because... we have so many names for that movement. Is it all just names?
i.e. Over head press, military press, shoulder press....?

Either way impressive bro. Those are some mean numbers.
Thanks I do it seated IDK if I would be able to support my body with that much weight doing standing shoulder presses lol. And unlike chest pressed where I touch my chest...on shoulder presses I stop so my arm is just below 90 degrees..I have gotten better growth doing that as opposed to coming down and touching my shoulders. I feel so lame being off cycle I didnt realize how much strength it really gives you until you are off for more than a week lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep at it and you will very soon!!

Thanks I do it seated IDK if I would be able to support my body with that much weight doing standing shoulder presses lol. And unlike chest pressed where I touch my chest...on shoulder presses I stop so my arm is just below 90 degrees..I have gotten better growth doing that as opposed to coming down and touching my shoulders. I feel so lame being off cycle I didnt realize how much strength it really gives you until you are off for more than a week lol
Keep eating enough and liftin hard! You've lifted it before!! (Though I know the feeling. I am finally ON I think with mdrol... and omg....)
But you can do it!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice numbers!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, I've been crazy busy lately. More so than usual. Thanks for getting this going already.
AI is EXTREMELY generous with samples packets so I have tried HGHpro for the past two nights and tonight I will start my 3 month supply. I was extremely surprised by the relaxation I felt after my first dose and I woke up a few hours earlier the next day feeling pretty darn refreshed (I tend to sleep for a very long time to make up for my lack of quality of sleep with quantity). I have not felt like that in a while so this is a good start. I have also tried ambien in the past so I am a very good judge of what products work for sleeping I have tried many OTC sleep aids.
Felt the need to update that even though I only slept for 6 hours last night (had to wake up early to turn in some forms) I actually feel pretty darn good! Very surprised because when I wake up this early I am usually the first person to come back home and crawl right back in bed but I do not feel the need to do that. I guess I have to find other things to do with my time besides sleep all day! lol
This looks very promising, so far.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on winning the three month supply of Hghpro, David. hghpro over a three month time helps a good bit and can help you keep your newfound muscle gains, provided everything else is in order-ie nutrition, training, and sleep. What prohormone(s) did you use and how long?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I've been crazy busy lately. More so than usual. Thanks for getting this going already.

This looks very promising, so far.
Thanks for stopping by :) Yeah the sleep the past two nights have been great quality. Last night only slept 6.5 hrs again but opened my eyes and popped right out of bed feeling great.

it will be great to see the long term effects of this!
Yeah for sure! Sleep is always something I have lacked in terms of quality so I am looking forward to seeing where this can take me.

Congratulations on winning the three month supply of Hghpro, David. hghpro over a three month time helps a good bit and can help you keep your newfound muscle gains, provided everything else is in order-ie nutrition, training, and sleep. What prohormone(s) did you use and how long?
Thank you! I feel very fortunate to have been given this logging opportunity. It was my first cycle so I ran CEL h-drol solo 50/75/75/75/75/75. I got some very good strength gains and I have not lost any strength so far in pct today is day 10 pct. Lost a few lbs but it seems to be gylcogen/water weight since my strength is still there.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Great leg workout today!

Squats
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 8
315 x 10 (PRish since this is the most reps I have gotten with 315)
335 x 6

Leg press
4 plates x 8
8 plates x 8
14 plates x 7
14 plates x 6

Laying down hamstring curls
70 x 10
160 x 10
165 x 10

Back extensions
bw x 12
bw + 35 lbs x 10
bw + 35 lbs x 12
bw + 35 lbs x 12

Finished it off with 4 sets super-setting sitting calve raises and shin curls.

Stretched and left the gym. Felt good today I think I am recovering well so far in pct (today was day 10 pct).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any particular you did squats in that manner? That's a lot of sets, but some of the sets towards the middle were lower reps.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Is there any particular you did squats in that manner? That's a lot of sets, but some of the sets towards the middle were lower reps.
Yeah basically what I have been doing for the past few months is 3 heavy sets for the major compound movements (those being my sets of 315, 315, and 335). The first bunch of sets is really just to warm up my legs and get my body used to holding the heavy weight on my back. I only do 2 - 3 reps for the last two "warm up" sets because that way I can prime my muscles for heavy weight but not risk any fatigue when I hit my real heavy sets. I have found if I just jump up the weight too fast my legs are not loose and I do not feel ready to squat with heavier weight.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, okay. That makes sense. I can completely understand that.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah basically what I have been doing for the past few months is 3 heavy sets for the major compound movements (those being my sets of 315, 315, and 335). The first bunch of sets is really just to warm up my legs and get my body used to holding the heavy weight on my back. I only do 2 - 3 reps for the last two "warm up" sets because that way I can prime my muscles for heavy weight but not risk any fatigue when I hit my real heavy sets. I have found if I just jump up the weight too fast my legs are not loose and I do not feel ready to squat with heavier weight.
I like to do the same thing. I see so many doing tons of warmup sets with hi rep so they cannot GO FOR IT for the GROWTH sets. Watched this guy do that yesterday, warmed up with the bar for benching . . . 3 sets bar only. He had the nerve to ask if I needed a spot on my warmup sets of military press (135). Sorry buddy, I am pressing (155) more than you are benching (135) . . . GO AWAY. Yet he always gives people advice.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I like to do the same thing. I see so many doing tons of warmup sets with hi rep so they cannot GO FOR IT for the GROWTH sets. Watched this guy do that yesterday, warmed up with the bar for benching . . . 3 sets bar only. He had the nerve to ask if I needed a spot on my warmup sets of military press (135). Sorry buddy, I am pressing (155) more than you are benching (135) . . . GO AWAY. Yet he always gives people advice.
Yeah gotta save all the juice for the heavy working sets! Been seeing very good results since I adopted this style of lifting a few months ago and as long as I keep going up I'm not gona change a thing.

BKx90

Awards
id have to agree. The first and biggest movement of the day really needs to be warmed up properly to get the most out of it

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should try hitting all the extensions, ham curls, and leg presses first and then try some lighter weight squats, really tears the legs up and shocks the muscle group!
I only do this like...once in a great while cuz its torture lol

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
You should try hitting all the extensions, ham curls, and leg presses first and then try some lighter weight squats, really tears the legs up and shocks the muscle group!
I only do this like...once in a great while cuz its torture lol
you tryin to kill me breh?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Solid chest workout today

Flat BB bench
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 2
250 x 6
250 x 6
250 x 6

Incline BB bench
135 x 8
205 x 8
205 x 6
205 x 6

Decline BB bench
135 x 8
225 x 5
205 x 8
205 x 5

Machine flies
120 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12

Did a few minutes of stretching and headed on home.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Pretty busy this week with my last few finals but here is a quick update.

Back workout today

Wide grip pulldowns
100 x 10
160 x 10
180 x 10
200 x 10
220 x 10

Hammer strength iso-lateral rows (I do these one arm at a time)
2 plates each side x 10
3 plates each side x 8
4 plates each side x 7, x 6, x 5

Narrow hammer grip pulldowns
150 x 10
170 x 10
170 x 10
170 x 10

Cable rows inner grip
150 x 10
150 x 11
150 x 11
150 x 11

BB shrugs
135 x 12
225 x 12
225 x 12
225 x 12

Sleep has been solid have actually felt the need to sleep longer after my last two workouts.. but I will not be getting much sleep this week since I have a bunch of finals but Friday starts winter break woo hoooo

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
strong workout!

Once winter break starts youll be killing it! Hehe. Dang I wish I had vacation... I still got work.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
strong workout!

Once winter break starts youll be killing it! Hehe. Dang I wish I had vacation... I still got work.
Thanks bud ;)
The reason I love breaks so much is I can go to the gym whenever I want, eat, sleep..perfect time to maximize recovery! You should take some vacation time :p ... to workout more? lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bud ;)
The reason I love breaks so much is I can go to the gym whenever I want, eat, sleep..perfect time to maximize recovery! You should take some vacation time :p ... to workout more? lol
Indeed man! Indeed. I actually can workout at work if I wanted to. The school has a gym.. not a good one but they got a barbell and some weights. I could probably do some cleans and stuff with the weights they have. haha

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
OK so finally done with finals!! As of right now I have been awake for 31+ hours since I pulled an all-nighter for my last exam today. I havent stayed up all night in quite some time and it was pretty much torture the whole night but luckily I had strong stims like 1,3DMAA lending a helping hand haha...that keeps you pretty much wide awake... anyways back to the log didnt work out the past few days because of finals and lack of eating/time to do anything else. Going to take a day or two off from the gym after today and will be taking my hgh pro soon for some quality sleep! (hopefully 12 hours worth after skipping last night!)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
OK so finally done with finals!! As of right now I have been awake for 31+ hours since I pulled an all-nighter for my last exam today. I havent stayed up all night in quite some time and it was pretty much torture the whole night but luckily I had strong stims like 1,3DMAA lending a helping hand haha...that keeps you pretty much wide awake... anyways back to the log didnt work out the past few days because of finals and lack of eating/time to do anything else. Going to take a day or two off from the gym after today and will be taking my hgh pro soon for some quality sleep! (hopefully 12 hours worth after skipping last night!)
Nice... I remember a time I was so tired I was falling asleep in the shower, I was working 16 hour days...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Got great sleep the past two nights! Got FIFTEEN hours of sleep on Friday night since I was up for over 30 hours straight that felt great. GOt about 7 hrs of sleep last night and woke up feeling good as well. From what I have seen so far HGHPRO doesnt really help too much with initially falling asleep but it really helps with waking up feeling refreshed and more recovered. So it seems to be doing its job pretty well.

I started a new workout today!! http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Awesome workout today with day one power upper body!

For simplicity I am only going to include my working sets from now on and not the warm up sets that I do

Bent over BB rows
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5

Weighted pullups
bw + 25 lbs x 10
bw + 35 lbs x 10

Rack rows
bw + 25 lbs x 10
bw + 35 lbs x 10

Flat DB bench
110s x 3
100s x 5
100s x 5

BB incline bench
205 x 7
205 x 6

Weighted dips
bw + 45 lbs x 8
bw + 45 lbs x 8

BB shoulder press
175 x 6
155 x 8
155 x 10

EZ bar curls inner grip
85 x 10
95 x 10
105 x 8

Skull crushers
85 x 10
105 x 8
105 x 6

DEAD. **** was intense as hell lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PHAT is some good stuff!
Nice on getting that sleep in man! It looks like HGHpro is helping out a lot!

Time to get stronger :D

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
PHAT is some good stuff!
Nice on getting that sleep in man! It looks like HGHpro is helping out a lot!

Time to get stronger :D
It makes u feel like a BEAST because your doing all the heavy compounds for upper body in one workout. It's great lol and yeah I am a fan of hghpro for sure so far! Plus I figure I will do this naturally for a month or two and then add in my next cycle when I start to stall and BAM 8 more weeks of progress!! I am excited for the changes I will see with this protocol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Are you taking all 4 caps?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
also for sleep, try melatonin. 3mg knocks me out in 30 min, great healthy resorative sleep! make sure u can get 6-8 hrs or you might feel drowsy when you wake up.
Yeah Ive taken melatonin for a while I am very experienced with every OTC sleeping product lol