DS Craze Review

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I hardly ever do reviews, but since Craze was hyped up and many wondering about it, I decided to do quick review. Today was my first time I take it. I will probably provide more feedback on Wednesday and Friday since first dose left me wondering.

Taste
I was surprisingly happy with the taste. I mixed 1 scoop with 6 to 7 once water at 4:30pm. It did not taste like juce, but it did not taste bad at all. Comparing it to Jack3d, which was my previous pre, it is much much better taste wise. It does have an after taste that sticks around for a while though, so you will probably have to drink more water afterwards. I felt that my mouth was dry (still do at 7:30pm) but I honestly cannot say it is caused by Craze since it could be many things so I will see on Wednesday.

Workout
I got to the gym 1:30 hours after taking Craze due to work. I did a quick 5min warm up on the treadmill as usual. I noticed my heart rate was up but didn't make mutch of it. I hit my first workout, chin ups and was not happy because I dropped a rep from last week.
My heart rate was way up after each set all night, I usually take 60 sec between sets and I had to take an extra 15-20 secs for my heart rate to drop and catch my breath. between workouts, I timed it and it took a good 3-4 mins for my heart rate to drop. It is still elevated an hour after my workout.
other than chin up, which was my first workout, things went much better. I added 5lbs to all my lifts and did same or -1 rep on them. I used same weight on shrugs since heavier DBs were being used and went for 20 reps, more than last week.
Overall, I did notice increase in reps and/or weight from last time. I've been progressing for a while now but usually when I add weight my reps drop 2 to 3 reps easy.

I also noticed when I got home that I was flushing. My shoulders and chest were red which is new to me. Flushing went away in an hour after I got home.

Focus was good, still feeling it. Nothing out of the ordinary, at least on par with Jack3d, which was why I was taking Jack3d. I don't think it will affect my sleep Tonight, but will let you know.

I cannot say much about pumps because it is not something I care for. I did notice biceps were pumped up, but it went away when I left the gym.

Overall
I'm very happy with Craze. I will probably take lower dose next workout to get around the elevated heart rate. I have to say I am sensetive to stims, and I have not taken pre for a month now and I do not drink coffee or take anything with caffeine so that could explain my heart rate. No other supps pre, just BCAAs during as usual, Erase and T2 early in the morning and that's all I took Today.

I am very prone to anxiety, so far nothing in that department. also no jutters.

I will provide another update on Wednesday and Friday when I try lower dose and to see how repeat use affect me.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice review man!

I live for the preworkout drink so this is a review I have been most eager to read ;)

Keep us updated if you can! I'd be interested in hearing more!

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Sweet!

Try and time your dose so that 45 mins after you take your last drink you are in the gym starting your sets.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
thanks robboe, I did that Today. I have to say, it is difficult for me to time it since anything at work can popup and delay me, but will do my best.

I decided to take the full serving again Today to see how it affects my lifts and I have to say, I am extremely impressed. This is the first time I've had a supp have immediate impact.

Today was chest, shoulders, and tri day. My first lift was incline DB press. I hit my 10 reps last week and I was debating if I should keep the same weight and go for 12 reps or increase the weight and go for 6. I decided to increase 5lbs (total 10lbs jump 5lbsx2) and the weights went up easy. Not only was I able to do the extra weight, I did 11 reps. +1 increase in reps.
The rest of the workout went the same way, I was able to increase the weights and at least keep the same rep counts from previous workout.

The heart rate is still a problem though, my at rest heart rate was 140 which is too high. I don't know why I'm experiencing this, it bothers me but I'm hoping it is temp while I get used to the ingredients.

No pumps, at least nothing that I have noticed, which I like because pumps get in the way.

So far loving Craze and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I will update again on Friday, I will do half serving Friday to see how that affects my lifts and heart rate.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
What other supps or meds are you on right now? Most users do not report any real elevation in heart rate.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I take anti depressant and anxiety at night (the night before) and in the morning (2 meds). I am also taking Erase and T2 in the morning. I'm suspecting it is the T2 being a fat burner. I will skip it tomorrow and see. I am noticing elevated heart rate just sitting here so it is definitely something else causing it. I noticed the same problem with ASGT which I only took once. I have not tried JACK3D with T2.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alpha T2 won't cause increased heart rate. It is definitely the Craze. Resting heart rate of 140 is way too high, especially for someone who works out regularly or an athlete.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
yes, but my resting hear rate was 92 today while I was sitting down and I did not take Craze today.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Craze is by far the best pre workout i have used to date.

I enjoyed it so much i bought myself a tub the minute it hit.

The energy far exceeds geranium and ephedra for me and its clean n smooth.

Props to DS for an amazing product.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Today was my 3rd workout this week. I hit back and biceps again. To test the cause of the heart rate issue, I decided not to take anything Today except for Craze. I also decided to do the full serving To compare, but ended up taking 1g Taurine with Crze which I can't imagine would affect heart rate in any direction.

Heart rate was little elevated, but nothing like the previous two workouts and more along the lines of my usual workouts. I was very happy with that. I recovered quickly between sets. Went up in the weights on my incline curls, but did was only able to get 3 reps (previously was 9 reps with 5lbs less each DB) but that was still pretty good since I never used that weight before.

Workout went by like a breeze and I was surprised the 45 mins had passed. I felt like working out more, but stuck with my routine. Today I felt the pumps in my arms during the workout and for a while after wards. I could hardly touch my shoulders with my fingers.

I have seen people report loss of appetite on Craze. I'm not experiencing any of that. Overall, the best supp I have ever used so far. I am extremely impressed and would recommend it to anyone.

The next thing I'm looking for to see is if the effects will go away after couple of weeks of use. I don't mind having to cycle it to keep its effects though.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Ok I thought I wasn't going to update my review anymore, at least not for few weeks to see if the effects wore off but Today's workout was worth reporting. I'm still taking the full dose. I hit 3 new PRs, two chest, and one shoulder. That was significant for me specially that I had raised the weights my previous workout (Wednesday), to turn around and raise them again Today (Monday) for new PRs.

I'm extremely impressed with Caze. I expected the weights to stay high and maybe add a rep or two as part of my progression. I did not expect them to go up again. I think this is it, they can't keep progressing this way. I should be back to normal progression. I'm curious what happens if I skip a dose, but I won't for few weeks.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha T2 won't cause increased heart rate. It is definitely the Craze. Resting heart rate of 140 is way too high, especially for someone who works out regularly or an athlete.
In some users Alpha T2 elevates heart rate, it does for me as well, but it's not something that has stopped me from using it, as I only use it 2-3 times per week and to great benefit.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Ok I thought I wasn't going to update my review anymore, at least not for few weeks to see if the effects wore off but Today's workout was worth reporting. I'm still taking the full dose. I hit 3 new PRs, two chest, and one shoulder. That was significant for me specially that I had raised the weights my previous workout (Wednesday), to turn around and raise them again Today (Monday) for new PRs.

I'm extremely impressed with Caze. I expected the weights to stay high and maybe add a rep or two as part of my progression. I did not expect them to go up again. I think this is it, they can't keep progressing this way. I should be back to normal progression. I'm curious what happens if I skip a dose, but I won't for few weeks.
This is awesome!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Quick report at the two weeks mark. I'm looking to see when the effects would wear off.

I've introduced Creatine and AnaBeta to my supp list this week because I already established the effects of Craze by itself, but they are probably contibuting some already and so far the reps are still increasing on the already increased weights. I decided not to go to failure every workout as I have been doing, and I was still able to get +1 rep on the increased weights and stop 1-2 reps short on some lifts. I want to increase the weight another 5lbs on the DBs in 2-3 weeks once I hit 10 reps with the new weights.
Pullups are my only puzzling workout where it is going down not up. I'm changing my approach to pullups to see how I can get the numbers up.

Not much of pumps, which I like. Craze gives me good focus to concentrate on the form and motivation to keep me in the gym (making me increase my workout days from 3/w to 4/w). It is not agressive stim effect where I did find myself yawning few times but I was still focused. It is the right type of focus for me.

I will report back in 1-2 weeks to continue and see if the effects wear off, but honestly I'm introducing new supps so not sure how they will impact my results.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick report at the two weeks mark. I'm looking to see when the effects would wear off.

I've introduced Creatine and AnaBeta to my supp list this week because I already established the effects of Craze by itself, but they are probably contibuting some already and so far the reps are still increasing on the already increased weights. I decided not to go to failure every workout as I have been doing, and I was still able to get +1 rep on the increased weights and stop 1-2 reps short on some lifts. I want to increase the weight another 5lbs on the DBs in 2-3 weeks once I hit 10 reps with the new weights.
Pullups are my only puzzling workout where it is going down not up. I'm changing my approach to pullups to see how I can get the numbers up.

Not much of pumps, which I like. Craze gives me good focus to concentrate on the form and motivation to keep me in the gym (making me increase my workout days from 3/w to 4/w). It is not agressive stim effect where I did find myself yawning few times but I was still focused. It is the right type of focus for me.

I will report back in 1-2 weeks to continue and see if the effects wear off, but honestly I'm introducing new supps so not sure how they will impact my results.
Pumps are nice, albeit superficial in my opinion. I've used Nitrate based products for well over a year and they're dosed higher than some mainstream brands. To compare Craze to those in terms of just pump aspect, those products will win in the short term. But Craze allows me to lift longer and get in extra reps, which will translate to better gains long term. I think Craze is far and away the best PWO that I've ever tried. It's well thought out and executes very well each and every time.