Pump, Pump it UP..Gotti's Hemavol log

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, I want to thank IForce for picking me to log their Hemavol product

I will start this log on Monday (11/14/11)

Ok so lets get down to business, I've been training for about 5 years now, stopped really paying attention. I'm coming off an Alpha Mass cycle and when I start Hemavol I won't even have been in PCT for a week so I'm pretty interested to see how the nitric oxide will help get the nutrients into my muscles to help keep gains.

My Training:

Mon: Chest/Tri's and 15 minutes steady state cardio
Tuesday: Back/Bi's and 15 minutes of steady state cardio
Wednesday: 35 minutes of steady state cardio and Abs
Thursday: Legs, throw in some abs if I have time
Friday: Off
Saturday: Shoulders/Traps, 15 minutes of steady state cardio
Sunday: Off

The basic rules I've been going for have been between 8-12 reps, if I only get 7 reps, thats fine, but 6 and under means I force myself to do a dropset for 6 more reps.

*I will not and have not been marking down weight of each of my lifts

What I Will be Looking For:

I will of course look at taste and mixability That should be easy to review on Monday

Again I want to see how this will help keep gains from a cycle.

I will look for pumps however from what I've heard that is not a big deal and they will come. I want to see if they are hard pumps that I feel hinder your workout or if it's the type of pump you get like when your on cycle that just feels so good you never want to stop.

I will look for vascularity and will do the best I can to get any pictures of vascular forearms

I will also track if the pumps get better as the further I go or if I have to keep adding more powder

any misc. items will also be noted

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;ySfwW_xSRU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySfwW_xSRU4&ob=av2e[/video]

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Intial Review

I will start by saying theres not many supplements that I can't handle, I've been able to tolerate everything I've tried except 1 thing

Taste: This stuff tastes awesome and very refreshing, it hit me right under the jaw with the sour and tart flavor which for me is awesome. It may be me but recently all the Lemon flavors I've tried is good but this stuff is truly like crystal light lemonade in the summer time. I could put this in a container with ice and drink it all day long

Mixability: Can't say there was any problems here, put the powder in some water in a bottle and shook it. No grit or left over grains left in the bottle when I was done.

Other notes: It's now about 3 hours after I took this product and no upset stomach or uncomfort at all.

I will post my workout and thoughts about pumps and how it affected my workout tomorrow morning.....gotta give me something to do at work right?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday: Chest/Tris

Chest: Include DB press 6 sets
Peck Deck Flys 5 sets
Hammer Strength Press 4 sets

Tris: EZ bar skull crusher into EZ bar close grip presses 3 sets
Rope extensions 3 sets
underhand straight bar extensions 3 sets
over hand straight bar extensions to exhaustion

Good: The coolest thing I noticed from the first day on the product was when I was on the peck deck. During the fly motion I was really able to feel outter peck contraction and then the squeeze in the inner peck more than I have before. It was a good feeling and really made me feel like the motion was def hitting my peck hard. The pump I received didn't hinder overall workout. Sometimes I've tried pump products that pump the muscle so much it's almost as if I can't continue working the muscle.

Bad: The length of the pump and overall hardness of the pump was lacking. I felt as soon as I stopped working the muscle that the pump went away as well. I had to go to my parents after I worked out to help them and I also ate there so I didn't see if the pumped feeling went away but maybe the muscles stayed pumped.

Overall I want to continue to monitor the pump length. The first week I will continue to only use 1 scoop and go from there if I think the pumps could get better or diminish from just using 1 scoop.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday: Back/Bis

Back: Wide grip weighted pull ups 3 sets
close grip weighted pull ups 3 sets
barbell row 4 sets
iso lat row 4 sets
deadlifts 4 sets

Bi: Alt DB curl 3 sets
Alt db incline hammer curl 3 sets
Preacher curl 3 sets, last set turned into a double drop set

Good: The muscle contractions were awesome, you can really feel the muscles working your in middle of the set much more than without the product imo. Strength and endurance were also up. I was able to bang out an extra rep or two on most lifts when I wasn't expecting to. I broke into a nice sweat during the weight training but was in no way feeling burnt out.

Bad: The pumps aren't really what I expected. I had a nice lat and bicep pump but nothing to write home about. Shortly after finishing weight training the pumps went away. By the time I was home from the gym, I had no noticeable pump left at all as I examined myself in the mirror.

Notes: Pumps aren't all that important to me but I figured they would be super intense from the reviews I've read. I will continue to monitor the pumps and probably add half a scoop next week to see if that helps.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday: Cardio/Abs

Cardio: 35 minutes steady state cardio, basic inclines...nothing special

Abs: weighted rope crunches, leg raises and planks

Notes: For the most part I won't be using this product for cardio but since it's the first week I wanted to see if I noticed anything special. It was decent considering I didn't get any kind of calve pumps while doing cardio which I think hampers cardio sometimes. Endurance seems up again which is good, the time flew by and before I knew it, cardio was done.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Odd.. The pumps from Hemavol never fail me. A few pointers to get the most out of Hemavol is to drink plenty of water, take some na-r-ala and have high sodium / carb meal pre workout.

My personal Hemavol protocol is 250mg na-r-ala with 1 cap slin sane, 5grams BCAA 1 grams vit C and 32oz of water. I wait 30 mins and eat brown or white rice with chicken broth and a little table salt. About 30 mins later I take 1 scoop Hemavol and leave for the gym. Post workout I take another slinsane and 250mg na-r-ala and I notice the pumps don't fade as much. I know some people like to take their Hemavol 1 hour before their preworkout meal.. Maybe you could try that.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Odd.. The pumps from Hemavol never fail me. A few pointers to get the most out of Hemavol is to drink plenty of water, take some na-r-ala and have high sodium / carb meal pre workout.

My personal Hemavol protocol is 250mg na-r-ala with 1 cap slin sane, 5grams BCAA 1 grams vit C and 32oz of water. I wait 30 mins and eat brown or white rice with chicken broth and a little table salt. About 30 mins later I take 1 scoop Hemavol and leave for the gym. Post workout I take another slinsane and 250mg na-r-ala and I notice the pumps don't fade as much. I know some people like to take their Hemavol 1 hour before their preworkout meal.. Maybe you could try that.

well i am taking na-r-ala preworkout....but only about 125 mg....then post workout i go with need2slin 1 caps....i also take humapro preworkout

of course a meal with carbs as well preworkout but i'll have to look into more salt

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday: Legs

Squats 6 sets the last set resulted in double drop set
Stiff Legged Dead Lift 4 sets
Donkey Calf Raises 4 sets
Leg press 4 sets

Good: After the first set of calf raises my calfs blew up. They felt like their was a cramp in my calf muscle and they quickly filled with blood. My endurance was good once again. I would have stayed at the gym longer if it wasn't for being hungry haha. I got a small back pump from the stiff legged DL's. This never has happened before and I usually only feel the movement in my hamstrings. My legs feel good right now, not pumped, no pain...I can tell I worked my legs last night but not the usual penguin walk the next day.

Bad: Not to much pumps in my hamstrings or quads. Just normal pumps that I usually get. Kind of was hoping for some killer pumps after my squat routine.

Notes: The taste of this stuff is addicting. It tastes very good and is very refreshing after only drinking water all day.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday: Off

Today is my off day, as suggested on the Hemavol bottle to only take on workout days. I won't be taking it today. After work I just plan on going grocery shopping and finished my christmas shopping.....yes finishing my christmas shopping....i don't play around

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday: Shoulder/Traps

Shoulder: BB Shoulder press 4 sets
BB behind the neck shoulder press 3 sets
Real Delt Fly 3 sets
Cable High row 3 sets
Machine side raise 2 sets

Traps: HS plate shrug 3 sets
Backwards HS plate shrug 2 sets

Good: Shoulders got really pumped everything about my biceps felt pumped, alost numb and my traps got a good pump. Did my cardio and came home, just ate and had my shake. Traps still feel pumped, shoulders not so much but I can still feel a small pump going out which I'm liking. Again what is really standing out for me is that muscle contraction aspect. I am really able to feel the muscle thats being worked during each set.

Bad: Really nothing bad today, besides me just being tired. Slept good but woke up groggy....this has nothing to do with the product at all.

Notes: Even if the pumps aren't always as rock solid as I had thought and read about the intense feeling of being able to feel the muscles squeeze is a great feeling.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
I'm in brotha!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 1 Review:

I'm off on Sunday so tomorrow will be exactly a week

So lets talk about what we've found so far this week

Taste: Amazing lemonade type flavor for this product. Wouldn't mind drinking this stuff at any time. Nothing much more to say that it's very good. I haven't noticed any aftertaste or any disturbing flavor left in the mouth while training.

Mixability: I have had no issues here, no chunks, no grains left over. The drink has gone down smooth.

Pumps: Pumps haven't been what I've expected at all. I guess you could say they are better than without the product. I've only been taking 1 scoop so far, so that may be why or possibly they have the product will build over time but at this time I'm still waiting for the explosive pumps.

Muscle contraction: I've never really reviewed a category like this but I feel I have to. For example if your doing an excercise targeting your inner chest. Well with this product you'll feel that specific part of your muscle working. I've noticed this in almost all my workouts. You could really target every part of each muscle that you want to hit. May also be good for someone who feels they have a lacking part of a muscle it may be a good product to use to ensure your hitting that spot.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so far the pumps are not what you have expected but lets see if we cant figure out why...

what is your water consumption like for the entire day:

what is your water consumption ike pre/during/post workout:

what does your carbs look like pre/during/post:

GREAT LOG SO FAR

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so far the pumps are not what you have expected but lets see if we cant figure out why...

what is your water consumption like for the entire day:

what is your water consumption ike pre/during/post workout:

what does your carbs look like pre/during/post:

GREAT LOG SO FAR
what is your water consumption like for the entire day: over a gallon a day

what is your water consumption ike pre/during/post workout: i workout after work at about 5:45....so all day i work i drink 3 liters of water atelast, not including my protein shakes, also not including hemavol drink...during training another liter and a half, post workout is about 20oz's of water right after the workout..again not including protein shake

what does your carbs look like pre/during/post: about 40g's preworkout, nothing during training, and about 55-60 post

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what is your water consumption like for the entire day: over a gallon a day

what is your water consumption ike pre/during/post workout: i workout after work at about 5:45....so all day i work i drink 3 liters of water atelast, not including my protein shakes, also not including hemavol drink...during training another liter and a half, post workout is about 20oz's of water right after the workout..again not including protein shake

what does your carbs look like pre/during/post: about 40g's preworkout, nothing during training, and about 55-60 post
hmmm water seems good, Id through in another 20oz re workout, make sure to do hemavol in different water than your pre workout in order to get more water in, the glycerol works off waer.

carbs seem ok for preworkout but hard to earn a pump without carbs so maybe you need to bump that up to 50g? or try a different source?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmmm water seems good, Id through in another 20oz re workout, make sure to do hemavol in different water than your pre workout in order to get more water in, the glycerol works off waer.

carbs seem ok for preworkout but hard to earn a pump without carbs so maybe you need to bump that up to 50g? or try a different source?
Yeah I will continue to play with things this week, thanks for the input, hope u keep following

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how far out from workout are you taking your Hemavol?
roughly a half hour...depending on how traffic is on the way to the gym...i gotta get on the highway and recently theres a lot of tipped over tracker trailers have tipped over taking me a few extra minutes to get there

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday: Chest/tri

Chest: incline bench 4 sets
flat bench 3 sets last set was a drop set
peck deck 5 sets
cable fly (hulk hogan flex style) 2 sets

tris: V bar pull down 4 sets
overhead straight bar press 3 sets
unhand straight bar pull down 3 sets
dip machine 2 sets to failure

Good: The pumps were solid during this workout. Not mind blowing but exactly the pumps that I want. Not something thats going to ruin my workout after 2 sets. It may be that I was drinking extra water during my workout, I'll explain why I was chugging water later. The muscle contraction was solid once again as well which I'm really liking that aspect of the problem.

Bad: I'm sick, got a bad sore throat, and I'm stuffed up. I don't feel pressure in my head but my nose is running like a faucet. My mouth tastes like mucus and I'll be drinking tons of water to try and clear it out. I had to go light on my workout. I didn't feel weak or anything, just didn't feel fully rev'd up to workout so I was affraid if for whatever reason I hit a sticking point during any lift I wouldn't have the enrgy to push through it, so I stayed between 10-15 reps yesterday.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday: Off

For anyone who has ever followed my logs knows I don't take training days off. I also hate taking days off while I'm logging a product. I don't want to let any of the companies willing to let me test free products down.

But Tuesday I was still sick as a dog. I left work early because my head felt like it weighed an extra 10lbs, my throat was killing me, yada yada.....i decided to go home and take a hot epson salt bath....i then fell asleep and woke up to a fever that quickly broke into a big sweat....for my body I think it was better that I didn't go to the gym

today i feel alittle better....still stuffed up but not nearly as worn out

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday: Back/Bis

Back: Wide grip pull down ups 3 sets
close grip pull down 3 sets
iso lat row 4 sets
straight par pull down 4 sets

Bi: Alt DB curl 3 sets
Alt db incline hammer curl 3 sets
Preacher curl 5 sets

Good: The pumps were solid during the bicep session, stayed light the whole workout but my biceps pumped up quickly. Again not super painful pumps but noticeable baloon type feeling. The forearms were also pretty vascular during this time which was a plus.

Bad: I was still sick so I had to stay light, I couldn't deadlift because of this. I tried but whenever I bent totally over I had crap flying out of my nose so I said screw it. Back didn't get that pumped but again I had to stay light so that could be the reason.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
back getting pumped can be a pain in the arse! but hemavol does definitely help me, and straight arm pulldowns

cousineerie

cousineerie

Awards
  • Established
Hemavol is a great product. I tried some samples and was incredibly impressed (with the results AND the flavor... Lemon Drop ftw).

It looks like things are coming along nicely with your log, YG. Hope your feeling better soon! :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday: Shoulders/Traps

Shoulders: BB Shoulder Press 3 sets
BB behind head shoulder press 3 sets
DB Real Delt fly: 3 sets, last set was a drop set
Side Raise machine 3 sets
Cable High Row 3 sets

Traps: Behind the back BB shrug 3 sets
BB shrug 2 sets

Good: Pumps were solid in my shoulders. At one point I thought to myself it was like someone inserts a softball under my shoulders. They looked pumped in the mirror which I was happy to see. Also felt major trap squeeze during my shrug season. Really felt like the form was good and it felt good to get that squeeze on each and every rep. I also felt a strong forearm pump during the behind the back shrugs, real veiny looking (sorry didn't have a camera). Weights were also moving, strength was good after being sick all day.

Bad: Pumps went away fairly quickly after I left the gym. Traps felt good but didn't notice them flair up with a huge pump in the mirror though.

Notes: PCT is going well I feel pretty restored and hopefully can continue with the progress. Calories have stayed high but being sick this week I didn't exactly eat the best mainly because I just wanted to quick food when I was home and didn't feel like cooking food each day. Week 2 review...coming soon

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what you mean about losing the pumps post workout. What I found that helps kinda keep the pumps around is a lot of carbs with na rala and slinsane. Seems to work for me!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know what you mean about losing the pumps post workout. What I found that helps kinda keep the pumps around is a lot of carbs with na rala and slinsane. Seems to work for me!
i use need2slin postworkout usually

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 Review

We all know this stuff tastes and mixes amazingly so no need to beat that into the ground again

It's tough to review this after the horrible week I had, but as a logger it is my duty.

I missed a workout in week 2 because of sickness and thanksgiving, but i felt like it was better for my body to get some extra rest

Pumps: Pumps have gotten better as I've gone a long....drinking more water...but the best part is the pumps are noticeable but not overbearing to hinder the workout. I will continue to monitor the pumps and see if they get better and better. Drinking more water before and during workout will be my goal.

Muscle Contraction: The muscle contraction is the best part....for me I feel like I can feel exactly what muscle is working and what part of the muscle is being targeted most. I like this because I feel it could end up helping with form for many ppl. I feel if I'm using muscles I dont' want to be using during a movement and such....very good for beginners imo.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Chest: Incline DB bench 4 sets, last set was a drop set
Flat bench 3 sets
Peck Deck Fly 5 sets
Cable Cross (low setting) 2 sets

Tris: Weighted Dips 3 sets
Backhead DB extension 3 sets
Straight overhand Bar pushdown 3 sets
Straight underhand bar pushdown 3 sets

Good: The pumps were very good today, chest felt tight. Not that sick anymore, alittle conjested in the chest still but energy is back and I dont' feel worn down. Triceps felt pumped really well too, still this morning, they feel alittle pumped or sore but not the normal sore. Endurance was good yesterday...comparing that to last week I expected this.

Bad: The really bad wasn't even about the product. During cardio when I started breaking a sweat, with the chest cold it felt like I was running in the cold, my lungs were killing....and I wasn't even running!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Back: Weighted wide grip pull ups: 4 sets
Weighted close grip pull up: 3 sets
HS Iso Lat row: 4 sets
Close grip cable row: 3 sets
Deadlift: 4 sets

Bis: BB curl 4 sets
DB Incline hammer curl: 3 sets
HS Preacher curl: 3 sets last set was drop set
Cable curl as a burnout 1 set

Good: Pumps were awesome, my upper back quickly blew up while doing pull ups. Felt good, until deadlifts, those lower back pumps kinda suck and hurt. Biceps also quickly blew up after BB curls, but the incline hammer curls were where this product really shined. But forarms looked like roadmaps, it reminded me of the pictures in the contest thread. Next week I'll have to remember to bring in my camera during the bicep workout and see if I could get a good picture.

Bad: Nothing really bad to report here

Notes: I've been drinking more water around the time of training and during training. Really not any more water than usual, just changed the timeing of the water intake, it seems to be really helping with the pumps.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday: Cardio

Didn't use the Hemavol during the cardio session, just wanted to update my daily workout routine

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm show so support in here :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Legs: BB Squats 5 sets
Donkey calve raise 4 sets
Stiff Leg Cable Dead lift 3 sets
Leg extension 3 sets
Plate Loaded Hack Squat 3 sets

Good: NO pump in my legs (is that a good thing), I didn't mind because usally after squatting I start walking funny. On this day I didn't feel pumps and didn't feel tired in the legs. Usually on leg days, my legs wear out before my body is tired, not today, my legs felt fresh throughout the whole workout and I still breathing heavy ready to go home. Calves however did blow up, it was a great feeling.

Bad: NO pump in legs (is that a bad thing)? Some may consider it a bad thing...thats the only reason I have it listed. Other than that no bad things.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta love a serious calf pump,
i dont take hemavol on my quad day as my pumps are pretty solid that day anyway... and then I get my 2-3days off a week from hemavol :)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quad pumps can destroy my leg day! So I would day it's not really a bad thing. I'm glad you've been noticing a better pump on upper body days.. I was worried earlier on in the log when you weren't, lol.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Shoulders: BB shoulder press 4 sets
BB behind the head shoulder press 3 sets
DB rear delt fly 3 sets
DB Side fly 3 sets
Cable high row 3 sets

Traps: Reverse grip BB shrug 4 sets
BB shrug 1 set to failure

Good: Pumps were really good, my shoulders felt numb almost, energy and endurance was really good as well. Thats why I did more sets than I usually do. Weight was also flying around for me anyway, felt really light. Traps stayed pumped well after I stopped shrugging, the reverse shrugs someone showed me and suggested felt really good and I may start using them more.

Bad: Nothing really bad, bad part was I had to leave the gym

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Shoulders: BB shoulder press 4 sets
BB behind the head shoulder press 3 sets
DB rear delt fly 3 sets
DB Side fly 3 sets
Cable high row 3 sets

Traps: Reverse grip BB shrug 4 sets
BB shrug 1 set to failure

Good: Pumps were really good, my shoulders felt numb almost, energy and endurance was really good as well. Thats why I did more sets than I usually do. Weight was also flying around for me anyway, felt really light. Traps stayed pumped well after I stopped shrugging, the reverse shrugs someone showed me and suggested felt really good and I may start using them more.

Bad: Nothing really bad, bad part was I had to leave the gym
bb shrug to failure had to burn huh?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 3

Pumps: Pumps seem to be getting better and better, I have yet to up my dosing which is good, only using the product on lifting day a bottle will last a good while.

Endurance: I feel endurance is staying high on Hemavol, usually I end up breathing heavy and I can tell when it's time to stop the lifting for the day. This allows me to push further.

PCT: PCT is almost done and should be wrapping up this week. I feel good and feel like I'm recovered, my scale is broke so I have no clue what my weight is but the mirror tells me that I haven't lost much if anything at all. Hemavol seems to help shape my muscles a little better during pct since I really feel I can target the exact part of the muscle that I wanted.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Chest: BB Incline Press 5 sets
BB Flat Bench 3 sets
Peck Deck Fly 6 sets

Tris: EZ bar skull crusher into EZ bar close grip press 3 sets
Rope extensions 3 sets
underhand extension 3 sets

Good: Chest pumps were good, especially felt it in my inner/upper chest area. Tricep pump was pretty good, but odd. My triceps would be pumped for about 5 minutes, then I would note that I had no pump...then the pump would come back strong again.

Bad: My energy was alittle low because I didn't sleep well the night before. Therefore the weight wasn't where I would liked to have it been. Shouldn't be an excuse but I felt out out of it. The workout flew by as well, I don't know if I was taking longer rest periods or what but everytime I looked at the clock I was shocked that it was getting late and I wasn't completed with my workouts.

Note: I went to bed an hour earlier last night to catch up. Got a good nights rest, but I still feel in a cloud this morning, hopefully I can snap out of it at some point today.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Back: Wide grip weighted pull ups 4 sets
Chest pad t bar row: 4 sets
close grip pull downs: 3 sets
close grip cable row: 3 sets
deadlift: 4 sets

Bi: BB curl 3 sets, last set was a drop set
incline db hammer curl 3 sets
double bi high cable curl 3 sets

Good: Bicep pump was really good and kicked in almost instantly. On the other hand, the back pump was solid but didn't really kick in until right before deadlifts then within what felt like seconds my upper back felt like it ballooned out. Deadlift pumps were pretty painful and still hurt pretty bad this morning, but whatever, it's all in the game.

Bad: I really wanted to get a picture of my forearm veins but I didn't get veiny like the week before even though the pump was solid. Back pumps were solid but the pain is bad haha.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday: Cardio

Cardio was 35 minutes and threw in some abs

No Hemavol on this day, just wanted to keep everyone updated

Today is the last day of PCT, I will keep up with my Hemavol and my log until the jug runs out or until Christmas, whatever comes first.....i need some time off from the gym, it's been longer than I thought since my last break

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Safe to say the pumps build over time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Legs: Squats 5 sets
Donkey Calve Raises: 5 sets
Standing single leg leg curls: 4 sets
Leg extension: 4 sets
Stiff leg cable deadlift: 3 sets

Good: The way I felt was awesome, the pumps were awesome. Overall the workout was really good, my quads blew up with blood, My calves also blew up during the raises, they were also fuller all night long and even this morning when I was walking down the steps my calves felt slightly pumped. The weight seemed light so I went higher weight on the squats and less reps since I felt so good. Usually when I walk out of the gym my legs feel and knees buckle and feel like jello, yesterday my upper legs felt rock solid and even though I couldn't walk straight my legs felt solid.

Bad: As I was breezing through my workout I felt like I could get a lot done. But then I got held up by a few goof balls asking for spots and crap....really delayed my training.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Shoulders: BB shoulder press: 4 sets
BB behind the neck press: 3 sets
Rear Delt Fly: 3 sets
Plate Loaded Side Raise: 3 sets
Cable High Row: 3 sets

Traps: BB Shrugs 3 sets
Behind the back BB Shrug 2 sets

Good: The workout was solid, my traps felt blown up almost instantly. The weight was on par with where it's been which was good.

Bad: The weight was where it should have been but the pumps in the shoulders lacked. They weren't bad but they weren't near where they were the last 2 shoulder sessions. I also felt tired at the beginning of the workout which sucked but that went away as I started working.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Monday: Incline BB Press 5 sets
Flat BB Press 3 sets
Peck Deck Fly 5 sets
Cable cross high setting 2 sets to exhaustion

Tris: Weighted dips 3 sets
DB behind head press 3 sets
Rope extensions 3 sets
Straight underhand pulldown 2 sets

Good: Pumps in the chest were almost instant, maybe 2 sets and it was on full blast. I must have shrunk my t-shirt in the wash or something because it felt tight and then when I got the pump, I felt like I was going lose circulation. I was really able to feel exactly what part of my chest was being worked during each excercise. Tricep pump was also excellent and very fast.

Bad: Tricep weight was alittle disapointing for me. Nothing to do with the product as I still got a pump. It just felt almost impossible to get as low as I wanted on my dips, I dunno what it was but I wasn't happy during my tricep work.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Back: Weighted wide grip pull ups 4 sets
weighted close grip pull ups 3 sets
Iso lat row 4 sets
Close grip cable row 3 sets
Deadlift 4 sets

Bis: DB alt curl 3 sets
Incline DB hammer curl 3 sets, last set was a drop set
Double bi high cable curl 3 sets

Good: Lower back got pumped and still feels pumped as a type this, can't sit or stand for too long at a time. Biceps pumped really good, felt like rocks and numb I guess would be the best way to describe them. The weights during training were good, not great but I think I've gone up on all my lifts yesterday from the previous week.

Bad: Upper back didn't get all that pumped, usually have the pull ups I could almost feel my lats get tigher against my clothes. That didn't seem to happen during this workout.

Notes: I say I think my weight went up because I stopped marking down my weights and rep numbers.