My AndroLean Log

bgcg45

Awards
Ok so I decided to run 6 weeks of Androlean and run a log. I had stopped lifting for a long time and had gotten way out of shape. Before starting this I have been back lifting for the past 6 weeks, but am still way out of shape and hoping this cycle will help me accelerate the fat loss. A few starting statistics:

Weight: 223.8
Waist 43 ¾ (reality sucks)
Bench Press 225 for 12 reps
Pulldowns 100 for 12 reps
Curls 90 for 10 reps
Triceps pushdown 90 for 10 reps
I’m trying to stay at about 1,400 calories a day and cycle carbs as follows:
Day 1 130g carbs, 180g protein, 20g fat
Day 2 80 carbs, 190g protein, 30g fat
Day 3 30 carbs, 225g protein, 40g fat
Day 4 105g carbs, 180g protein, 30g fat
Day 5 180g carbs, 180g protein, 10g fat

I actually hope to eat less fat if possible and bump the protein. I know protein is low but I figure I am only around 170lbs without the tire so I’m getting more then 1g per pound of lean bodyweight and I’m concentrating on losing body fat right now. I’m going to weigh myself every morning. I know my weight will fluctuate but curious how the carbs etc. impact my daily weight.
I plan on lifting weights 5 times a week and doing cardio for at least 40 minutes 6 times per week. A lot of my cardio will be HIIT style on the exercise bike. I only have a home gym but it is decent with lots of free weights and dumbbells. Only bad thing is I only have an exercise bike. I like in a small country so access to a decent gym is non-existent. Unfortunately I can’t squat right now as every time I try I put pressure on my shoulder and end up injuring myself. So just leg extension and leg curls, which I won’t track here.
I would like to give kudos to Primordial. When I first went to order my country wasn’t on the list of places they ship, even though we are serviced by the U.S. postal service. I contacted them not expecting to hear back (so many companies don’t care) and within 24 hours got a message back they added the Country to the drop down menu and shipment was cheap via USPS. Can’t thank them enough.

I will try and report at least once a week (don’t want to bore with the daily grind) to see how I progress. I will also try and list my main lifts for body parts but again won’t bore you with a breakdown of every exercise/set/rep. I have a chronic shoulder pain which does place some limitations on what I can do so I just work around it the best I can.
I’m all ears on any feedback regarding my game plan so please chime in. My main goal is to lose body fat as opposed to building muscle at this point. Also curious about my PCT. Right now I only have TCF-1 to run after my 6 week cycle. I can’t ship in anything borderline illegal here for PCT as I can’t take the chance of customs questioning it.

Day 1
Stuck to my diet and trained back and bi’s. Overall good lift. Don’t feel noticeable effects of the AndroLean yet. Finished with 40 minutes of riding bike. Diet ended up being total calories 1,395 with 130g carbs, 12g fat and 182g protein. Weight at 223.8 pounds (this is my morning weight when I woke up and considered my starting weight)

Day 2
Good on diet again and chest day. Did notice I was pushing 225lb in bench for 12 reps for 3 sets. Could be psychological don’t know. No noticeable effects in terms of higher body temperature. Did 50 minutes of cardio and felt good. I threw some Top round steak into my diet (don’t normally eat red meat) and it was good. It’s the little things I think that help when you diet and I was still right on my target for diet. Overall was at 1,355 calories with 82g carbs, 29g fat and 189g protein. Weight at 223.4 pounds

Day 3
Low carb day. 30 carbs may be too low I felt lethargic but I stuck to it. Did some light shoulder work and leg extension/curls. I also managed to push out 40 minutes on the exercise bike. Overall calories of 1,291 with 25g carbs, 38g fat and 204g protein. The savings grace on my energy was the peanuts that I threw in today. I don’t normally eat them due to the fat content so it was a treat and kept me going. Weight at 221.0 pounds

Day 4
Got to eat some carbs thank God. Overall calories was 1,325 with 108g carbs, 19g fat and 189g protein. Amazing how much energy I felt. Did pull downs for back at 120lbs for 3 sets of 12 (could have done more but worry about my joints) and curls were at 90lb (same as before) but three sets of 12 this time. Again could have gone higher but don’t want an injury so focused on the muscle squeeze as opposed to just trying to move the weight. Finished with 45 minutes of cardio riding bike. Weight already down to 219.8 pounds.

Day 5
Morning weight 218.2 pounds. High carb day. Actually made me feel bloated and guilty but decided to cram the carbs in as best I could. Still clean carbs, grains brown rice etc. and no junk food. Felt strong tonight and pushed out 235lbs in bench press for 12 reps. Triceps also stronger with triceps pushdowns at 105 for 12 reps. Cardio was 50 minutes of HIIT on the exercise bike. Felt strong all around despite feeling bloated earlier. Total calories 1,494 with 183g carbs, 11g fat and 178g protein.

Day 6
Morning weight 216.0. I really thought I was going to wake up and be heavier given the carbs I ate. I also had two bud lights last night which made me feel guilty (not counted in previous day’s calories). Today was a non lifting day. I did cardio (non HIIT) for 40 minutes. Diet was not hitting targets I was aiming for. Overall calories 1,301 with 116g carbs, 18g fat and 167g protein. This was first day spouse was home after an extended trip overseas so my routine was kind of disturbed today.

Day 7
Morning weight 217.0. Not sure why up a pound but I know weight fluctuates from day to day so not too concerned. Today was back and biceps. Back was strong with pull downs at 130 for sets of 12. My elbows were kind of sore as I started to do curls so kept it lighter and worked in the 15rep range. Ended up getting a good pump. HIIT cardio on exercise bike for 55 minutes. Total calories 1,307, carbs 75g, fat 32g and protein 184g.

Week 1 Summary:
6.8 pounds weight loss in one week is incredible. I would have expected based on past dieting to have lost between 2-3 pounds normally so Androlean definitely appears to be working. Funny thing I don’t feel hot like some people have reported. I think my energy is up and my lifts actually went up which was a bonus. I’m also a little harder (if you know what I mean) which is another added benefit. I’m looking forward to week 2.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fat is pretty low, have you noticed this work for you in the past?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice bench for being out for so long, first week is looking good keep it up bud;)

bgcg45

Awards
I've always kept fat low when dieting (too low) and with this diet my fat as a percentage of total calories is targeted at 13%, 20%, 26%, 19% and 6%. The 6% on the last day is hard and this week I'm going to bump it up to at least 10%. I guess I'm still old school from before when fat was considered evil and it's hard to change old habits. I may adjust after the 2nd week depending how it goes. I do seem to have more energy when keeping my fat around 20% of total calories.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I'm following along. Keep up the good work.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
In for this as well as I'm thinking about running this around march for a cut/recomp. I just can't decide between lean or hard atm. Btw seems to me your calories are pretty low, I know cutting fat is the goal but getting that low seems a little crazy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.

I would definitely increase your overall calories, specifically your fats. You're teetering a very fine line with being that hypocaloric on a daily basis.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following

bgcg45

Awards
Updates will come tomorrow. Thanks for the advise on the calories. I did up the calories and fat a little bit as I was getting cranky as hell and wanted to take the advice into consideration. I did note that my lifts immediately went up pushing 245 for 3 sets of 10. Other lifts much stronger, almost like a shock to my system. Most importantly I just feel better overall. I will post my log for the week tomorrow. One other interesting note is that I stopped losing weight for a couple of days and then when increased my calories and fat as suggested I started losing weight again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updates will come tomorrow. Thanks for the advise on the calories. I did up the calories and fat a little bit as I was getting cranky as hell and wanted to take the advice into consideration. I did note that my lifts immediately went up pushing 245 for 3 sets of 10. Other lifts much stronger, almost like a shock to my system. Most importantly I just feel better overall. I will post my log for the week tomorrow. One other interesting note is that I stopped losing weight for a couple of days and then when increased my calories and fat as suggested I started losing weight again.
Glad I could help out. It's ok to do some severely low calorie days every now ans then, but don't make it a common occurrence.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pro-tip: Add coconut oil for extra energy and damn near free calories :)

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Pro-tip: Add coconut oil for extra energy and damn near free calories :)
Ive heard this is quite effective and actually helps burn fat. I'll have to get some and add it too my shakes.

GameSpeed

Awards
i seriously LOL'd on the DAY 6 "spouse disturbance"!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive heard this is quite effective and actually helps burn fat. I'll have to get some and add it too my shakes.
It's essentially free calories, afaik the body cannot store MCTs.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
unaware?! any study references.
No references, but 60%+ of Coconut oil is MCTs. In biology, afaik, MCTs cannot be stored in the body but have to be used as energy. I will confirm this... just need to do some reading/looking up.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
No references, but 60%+ of Coconut oil is MCTs. In biology, afaik, MCTs cannot be stored in the body but have to be used as energy. I will confirm this... just need to do some reading/looking up.
thanks any more info greatly appreciated. I will be in a recomp shortly and may add this to my nutrition.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks any more info greatly appreciated. I will be in a recomp shortly and may add this to my nutrition.
Do it, it really is a great way to get in fats and use it as an energy source. I have been experimenting with MCT's during training for energy utilization.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait to run lean/hard in the spring time :)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fl3x is gonna cut?!
It will be the second "real" cut that I have attempted in my life lol.
But yes...I am going to cut in the spring time so I am magazine-ready for the summer!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will be the second "real" cut that I have attempted in my life lol.
But yes...I am going to cut in the spring time so I am magazine-ready for the summer!
I also can't wait for spring... Lean and Hard together is going to be a tough combo to beat.

zendog

Awards
I also can't wait for spring... Lean and Hard together is going to be a tough combo to beat.
Lean and Hard to cut with was absolutely horrible. Was nowhere near anti-catabolic enough on a 500 below maintainence cut. Using K-drol 2.0 at 400 and it is shredding me

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lean and Hard to cut with was absolutely horrible. Was nowhere near anti-catabolic enough on a 500 below maintainence cut. Using K-drol 2.0 at 400 and it is shredding me
I do remember that:

I was expecting the product to deliver as per the write up/advertising. I expected to have have energy, sex drive, focus and not to mention the anabolic power of 457mg Mast or Primo + the 91mg of Injectable Test from Lean. I've had my little rant and don't want to bash PP any more as I have used their other products with great success.
I'll be the first to admit that the next versions of Androlean and Androhard will completely change the game... Androlean is going to be 7-dhea+11-kt as compared to have 5-dhea in the complex. Androhard will also be more balanced to stop the insane lethargy some people had been experiencing. Lethargy on a cut IS THE WORST. Can't even ramp up food to keep it away.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At that deficit, you really shouldn't need anything to stave away catabolism.

zendog

Awards
At that deficit, you really shouldn't need anything to stave away catabolism.

wow your also a psychic with intimate knowledge of how my body responds to diet and nutritional modification. I did lean/hard. I was on a 500 calorie deficit. I lost strenght and size.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
wow your also a psychic with intimate knowledge of how my body responds to diet and nutritional modification. I did lean/hard. I was on a 500 calorie deficit. I lost strenght and size.
don't get all butt hurt, he's right, @ 500 cal deficit you shouldn't have an issue. If you are it's more than likely the fact that you're miss calculating your bodys needs.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok so I decided to run 6 weeks of Androlean and run a log. I had stopped lifting for a long time and had gotten way out of shape. Before starting this I have been back lifting for the past 6 weeks, but am still way out of shape and hoping this cycle will help me accelerate the fat loss. A few starting statistics:

Weight: 223.8
Waist 43 ¾ (reality sucks)
Bench Press 225 for 12 reps
Pulldowns 100 for 12 reps
Curls 90 for 10 reps
Triceps pushdown 90 for 10 reps
I’m trying to stay at about 1,400 calories a day and cycle carbs as follows:
Day 1 130g carbs, 180g protein, 20g fat
Day 2 80 carbs, 190g protein, 30g fat
Day 3 30 carbs, 225g protein, 40g fat
Day 4 105g carbs, 180g protein, 30g fat
Day 5 180g carbs, 180g protein, 10g fat

I actually hope to eat less fat if possible and bump the protein. I know protein is low but I figure I am only around 170lbs without the tire so I’m getting more then 1g per pound of lean bodyweight and I’m concentrating on losing body fat right now. I’m going to weigh myself every morning. I know my weight will fluctuate but curious how the carbs etc. impact my daily weight.
I plan on lifting weights 5 times a week and doing cardio for at least 40 minutes 6 times per week. A lot of my cardio will be HIIT style on the exercise bike. I only have a home gym but it is decent with lots of free weights and dumbbells. Only bad thing is I only have an exercise bike. I like in a small country so access to a decent gym is non-existent. Unfortunately I can’t squat right now as every time I try I put pressure on my shoulder and end up injuring myself. So just leg extension and leg curls, which I won’t track here.
I would like to give kudos to Primordial. When I first went to order my country wasn’t on the list of places they ship, even though we are serviced by the U.S. postal service. I contacted them not expecting to hear back (so many companies don’t care) and within 24 hours got a message back they added the Country to the drop down menu and shipment was cheap via USPS. Can’t thank them enough.

I will try and report at least once a week (don’t want to bore with the daily grind) to see how I progress. I will also try and list my main lifts for body parts but again won’t bore you with a breakdown of every exercise/set/rep. I have a chronic shoulder pain which does place some limitations on what I can do so I just work around it the best I can.
I’m all ears on any feedback regarding my game plan so please chime in. My main goal is to lose body fat as opposed to building muscle at this point. Also curious about my PCT. Right now I only have TCF-1 to run after my 6 week cycle. I can’t ship in anything borderline illegal here for PCT as I can’t take the chance of customs questioning it.

Day 1
Stuck to my diet and trained back and bi’s. Overall good lift. Don’t feel noticeable effects of the AndroLean yet. Finished with 40 minutes of riding bike. Diet ended up being total calories 1,395 with 130g carbs, 12g fat and 182g protein. Weight at 223.8 pounds (this is my morning weight when I woke up and considered my starting weight)

Day 2
Good on diet again and chest day. Did notice I was pushing 225lb in bench for 12 reps for 3 sets. Could be psychological don’t know. No noticeable effects in terms of higher body temperature. Did 50 minutes of cardio and felt good. I threw some Top round steak into my diet (don’t normally eat red meat) and it was good. It’s the little things I think that help when you diet and I was still right on my target for diet. Overall was at 1,355 calories with 82g carbs, 29g fat and 189g protein. Weight at 223.4 pounds

Day 3
Low carb day. 30 carbs may be too low I felt lethargic but I stuck to it. Did some light shoulder work and leg extension/curls. I also managed to push out 40 minutes on the exercise bike. Overall calories of 1,291 with 25g carbs, 38g fat and 204g protein. The savings grace on my energy was the peanuts that I threw in today. I don’t normally eat them due to the fat content so it was a treat and kept me going. Weight at 221.0 pounds

Day 4
Got to eat some carbs thank God. Overall calories was 1,325 with 108g carbs, 19g fat and 189g protein. Amazing how much energy I felt. Did pull downs for back at 120lbs for 3 sets of 12 (could have done more but worry about my joints) and curls were at 90lb (same as before) but three sets of 12 this time. Again could have gone higher but don’t want an injury so focused on the muscle squeeze as opposed to just trying to move the weight. Finished with 45 minutes of cardio riding bike. Weight already down to 219.8 pounds.

Day 5
Morning weight 218.2 pounds. High carb day. Actually made me feel bloated and guilty but decided to cram the carbs in as best I could. Still clean carbs, grains brown rice etc. and no junk food. Felt strong tonight and pushed out 235lbs in bench press for 12 reps. Triceps also stronger with triceps pushdowns at 105 for 12 reps. Cardio was 50 minutes of HIIT on the exercise bike. Felt strong all around despite feeling bloated earlier. Total calories 1,494 with 183g carbs, 11g fat and 178g protein.

Day 6
Morning weight 216.0. I really thought I was going to wake up and be heavier given the carbs I ate. I also had two bud lights last night which made me feel guilty (not counted in previous day’s calories). Today was a non lifting day. I did cardio (non HIIT) for 40 minutes. Diet was not hitting targets I was aiming for. Overall calories 1,301 with 116g carbs, 18g fat and 167g protein. This was first day spouse was home after an extended trip overseas so my routine was kind of disturbed today.

Day 7
Morning weight 217.0. Not sure why up a pound but I know weight fluctuates from day to day so not too concerned. Today was back and biceps. Back was strong with pull downs at 130 for sets of 12. My elbows were kind of sore as I started to do curls so kept it lighter and worked in the 15rep range. Ended up getting a good pump. HIIT cardio on exercise bike for 55 minutes. Total calories 1,307, carbs 75g, fat 32g and protein 184g.

Week 1 Summary:
6.8 pounds weight loss in one week is incredible. I would have expected based on past dieting to have lost between 2-3 pounds normally so Androlean definitely appears to be working. Funny thing I don’t feel hot like some people have reported. I think my energy is up and my lifts actually went up which was a bonus. I’m also a little harder (if you know what I mean) which is another added benefit. I’m looking forward to week 2.
Remember, when drastically cutting calories, you set yourself up for short term deprivation and defense mechanisms begin to manifest. Luckily ANDROGENS will aid in somewhat bypassing homeostasis for a decent amount of time as you essentially get a "grace period."

Even on androgens, you will have eventually lowered metabolic rate via--> insufficient TSH levels --> increased ghrelin--->lowered leptin and that is when A) you supplement TSH boosters like t2 in otc supplement form, kelp, guggulsterones or gain access to thyroxin (t4) cytomel (t3)
OR
Implement "over feeding periods" above maintenance to re-establish a metabolic reset (new set-point). This wont really get establish by a 1 day cheat meal(s) or refeed, you need to do this for 4-5-6-7 days in a row. Then go back to insane calorie restrictive dieting:)

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember, when drastically cutting calories, you set yourself up for short term deprivation and defense mechanisms begin to manifest. Luckily ANDROGENS will aid in somewhat bypassing homeostasis for a decent amount of time as you essentially get a "grace period."

Even on androgens, you will have eventually lowered metabolic rate via--> insufficient TSH levels --> increased ghrelin--->lowered leptin and that is when A) you supplement TSH boosters like t2 in otc supplement form, kelp, guggulsterones or gain access to thyroxin (t4) cytomel (t3)
OR
Implement "over feeding periods" above maintenance to re-establish a metabolic reset (new set-point). This wont really get establish by a 1 day cheat meal(s) or refeed, you need to do this for 4-5-6-7 days in a row. Then go back to insane calorie restrictive dieting:)
Hmm a smart guy I know wrote about the compound in Androhard mimicing Thyroid stimulating hormone levels:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I hear they have advantages and disadvantages.

ADVANTAGES: provide energy and cant be stored as fat

DISADADVANAGES: Still has calories which may prevent body from burning stored calories. Burns like a carb and may stop ketogenosis.

I dont have definitive answers to whats true and whats not though.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear they have advantages and disadvantages.

ADVANTAGES: provide energy and cant be stored as fat

DISADADVANAGES: Still has calories which may prevent body from burning stored calories. Burns like a carb and may stop ketogenosis.

I dont have definitive answers to whats true and whats not though.
Can you site a reference to where you read that coconut oil "stops" ketosis? I have read that MCT's (which coconut is 65% comprised of) will facilitate the process of ketosis faster

-Matt

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
We all know that lack of glucose is what brings about Ketosis

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all know that lack of glucose is what brings about Ketosis
Also MCTs. The theory is that because the body must utilize them as energy, they will be converted to ketones...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also MCTs. The theory is that because the body must utilize them as energy, they will be converted to ketones...
Ah yes but was basing on simply lack of glucose...
MCTs are great...just have a tablespoon of coconut oil from the fridge...yum

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
coconut oil man....love it. I even combine it with my carbs (oh heavens I added fats to carbs) once again, the mcts will be more liberally utilized as fuel than stored. Makes my jasmine rice taste even better.

-Matt

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
coconut oil man....love it. I even combine it with my carbs (oh heavens I added fats to carbs) once again, the mcts will be more liberally utilized as fuel than stored. Makes my jasmine rice taste even better.

-Matt
Isn't there an issue when consuming excess carbs and saturated fats? Something about the hipatic liver gylocogen or something like that? And spillage causes fat gain?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't there an issue when consuming excess carbs and saturated fats? Something about the hipatic liver gylocogen or something like that? And spillage causes fat gain?
Fat+elevated insulin can be a "no-no" for health reasons... possibly body composition too... but MCTs aren't going to hurt much when mixed with rice.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Fat+elevated insulin can be a "no-no" for health reasons... possibly body composition too... but MCTs aren't going to hurt much when mixed with rice.
Rep::::::
How would one gauge their insulin levels for optimal fat burning?

bgcg45

Awards
First of all Happy New Year. My apologies for dropping this thread earlier but a perfect storm of things led me to get away for awhile to clear my head and go on vacation to Thailand. But, I came back a month ago and went back on the AndroLean. Kept my protein at aroun 200g per day and tried to eat semi-clean although the holidays made it a little difficult. So after another month I ended up as follows: Weight: 203.5 versus starting at 223.8 (almost hit my goal of being below 200 by New Year) Waist 36.5 versus 43 ¾ Bench Press 305 for 8 reps and 275 for 10 reps versus 225 for 12 reps Pulldowns 150 for 12 reps versus 100 for 12 reps Curls 120 for 10 reps versus 90 for 10 repsOverall I had more energy on the androlean and was satisfied with the results. I found it interesting that my lifting poundage went up quite a bit and are actually back in the range when I was much younger. I had to back off a little bit because my joints aren't what they used to be. I think I could have done much better if I had been more strict on my diet and didn't have some of the issues come up.Would I recommend androlean - Asolutely. I went into this kind of doubtful but feel in the end it helped me alot. I ran three pills morning and 3 afternoon. I plan on taking a break and then am looing forward to running another andro product. I live in a small country and people have noticed a big difference in my overall appearance which is good. Now I just need to lose about 25 more lbs and I think I will be in decent shape for a 46 year old guy. To the folks at primordial, kudos on producing a great product.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow those are some impressive results! Lost nearly 20 pounds and got stronger, dang...thanks for the update bud