LaneAnders Gets the Tingles and Maintains Saturation with SNS BA & MCC

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Hello Anabolic Minds

I am LaneAnders

I will be logging the products I was awarded from the SNS Customer Appreciation STACK GIVEAWAY

Goals for this log are to continue to increase strength, while slowly adding lean body mass.

Stats:
Height: 5'9
Weight: 228
BP: ~415
Squat: ~705
Deadlift: ~625

Training:
Conjugate Periodization
Goal: Lean Bulk
Caloric Intake: 4200-4500 calories
Protein: 350g
Carbs: 400g
Fats: ~150g

Supplements:
SNS Agmatine
SNS DAA
SNS Beta Alanine
SNS MCC
SNS Focus XT
SNS ALCAR
Gaspari Superpump MAX Green Apple
CL Oximega Fish Oil
CL Oximega Greens
CL Purple Wraath
CL Orange Triad

I will be striving for 5 workouts per week, but with my current schedule that hasn't been possible recently.
In all likelihood, the best I will achieve is between 3 and 4 workouts per week.

I will log every workout, and mark my progress going forward from today.

I don't have an update to post today, I'm severely behind at work, and I will be trying to catch up this weekend.

I'm a big fan of SNS products, as you can probably see from my stack, so lets get this party started and see what kind of damage I can do to those muscle fibers.

I'm very grateful to the folks at SNS for supplying me with the 501 MCC caps, and 2 240 cap bottles of Beta Alanine. Very nice additions, and I appreciate it.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm looking forward to this! Maybe you could outline and specifically mention exactly what the log is focusing on, in the way of the sponsored products supplied.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Max Effort Squat Day:

KCC:
145x10
145x10

Good Mornings:
45x5
135x5
225x4
225x4

Glute/Ham Raise:
80x5
80x5
80x5

Reverse Hypers:
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Full Squat: 60 second rest
45x10
135x2
225x2
315x2
405x2
495x2
535x2
575x2
605x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2

Calf Raise:
360x10; TUT
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5

Workout Time: 1 hour 5 minutes

I did some other things as well that I didn't write down, so I can't recall the sets/reps I used for them. This was yesterday's workout, I'll be doing a DE bench day tonight.

I really feel the beta tingles from these caps more than I did the previous BA product I had been using. It's odd how that works though, some products give me them while others don't. In reality it seems like you should get BA tingles from anything with sufficient BA in it. Obviously I can't really tell anything from the MCC so far, as I was already saturated from micronized mono.

I am expecting to see some nice strength gains with the addition of the DAA, I've ran it several times before, and was always pleased with the results.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's going on in here? :D

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
45x10
135x2
225x2
315x2
405x2
495x2
535x2
575x2
605x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
Just some absolutely insane squat weight and volume, complements of the OP.
Scheeesch, I missed that when scrolling through the first time. Daymn that is an intense squatting session :yikes: Props to OP!

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Max Effort Squat Day:

KCC:
145x10
145x10

Good Mornings:
45x5
135x5
225x4
225x4

Glute/Ham Raise:
80x5
80x5
80x5

Reverse Hypers:
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

45x10
135x2
225x2
315x2
405x2
495x2
535x2
575x2
605x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2
645x2

Calf Raise:
360x10; TUT
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5
360x5

Workout Time: 1 hour 5 minutes

I did some other things as well that I didn't write down, so I can't recall the sets/reps I used for them. This was yesterday's workout, I'll be doing a DE bench day tonight.

I really feel the beta tingles from these caps more than I did the previous BA product I had been using. It's odd how that works though, some products give me them while others don't. In reality it seems like you should get BA tingles from anything with sufficient BA in it. Obviously I can't really tell anything from the MCC so far, as I was already saturated from micronized mono.

I am expecting to see some nice strength gains with the addition of the DAA, I've ran it several times before, and was always pleased with the results.
giving the weights major hell i see :eek:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMFG this is one crazy workout program. I love it!! I am cycling into my 5x5 inter cycle. After this is finished (I am guessing around 4-8 weeks Ill hit linear progression, coming back off an injury in July) I am in a toss up between the WSBB Conj, 5/3/1, CFFB type thing, or blueprint 3.0x.

Subbed btw ;) Looking to see you gain lean bodymass and hit some MEAN weight. You are stronger than Layne Norton my friend...

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy 705/415/625 total, I assume you compete in 220's with numbers like that?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Should've done an update yesterday, I seem to have injured my elbow in some way. I had DE Bench day, and I wound up not being able to finish the workout. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if the pain subsides or at least hopefully lessens. If not I will be going to the doctor to have it checked on.

To those wondering, no I've never competed, I don't really have the time right now. My squat numbers have always been really high, I've got really short legs. So parallel is like basically no distance at all lol. I've been wanting to compete for awhile, but I really don't have the time right now. At least not until next May when I finish this dual masters program.

I'm hoping that I've just aggravated an old elbow issue that pops up occasionally, but it sure doesn't feel the same that it has in the past.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should've done an update yesterday, I seem to have injured my elbow in some way. I had DE Bench day, and I wound up not being able to finish the workout. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if the pain subsides or at least hopefully lessens. If not I will be going to the doctor to have it checked on.

To those wondering, no I've never competed, I don't really have the time right now. My squat numbers have always been really high, I've got really short legs. So parallel is like basically no distance at all lol. I've been wanting to compete for awhile, but I really don't have the time right now. At least not until next May when I finish this dual masters program.

I'm hoping that I've just aggravated an old elbow issue that pops up occasionally, but it sure doesn't feel the same that it has in the past.
wow nice on the schooling! May I ask what you are studying? And good luck on the degrees!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
wow nice on the schooling! May I ask what you are studying? And good luck on the degrees!
Yeah I am finishing up both an MAT & MBA. I will finish the MBA requirements this December, and I will finish up the MAT in May. I'm also taking classes toward my DFA, but I won't be finishing that degree for...well...quite some time I would imagine.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Yesterday's Failed Dynamic Effort Day:

Bench Press:
45x15
135x5
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2 (At this point my right arm began to shake, and my elbow started sending piercing pulses of pain through my arm.)
225x2 (At lockout I felt like someone had removed my arm from the elbow up.)
225x2 (At lockout my eyes started watering and I screamed very loudly in pain.)

Workout Time: 8 minutes

I should've stopped as soon as the pain started, but I have had to work through elbow pain in the past. This wasn't the same type of pain though...It hurts to extend my arm while typing this. Really hoping the pain becomes less intense by tomorrow, I've upped my joint support supplement intake in hopes of some lessening of the pain. If nothing changes I'll be visiting the doctor tomorrow.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I am finishing up both an MAT & MBA. I will finish the MBA requirements this December, and I will finish up the MAT in May. I'm also taking classes toward my DFA, but I won't be finishing that degree for...well...quite some time I would imagine.
Good god... thats what made me NOT go into grad school. The "Introductory" courses for those of us who were thinking in going into masters/doctorate programs... had me like... my god... I need to leave this world. Just not for me. Glad you are trucking through though :D

Good luck and have fun!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That elbow pain doesn't sound good. Take care of it so it doesn't get any worse. I hate injuries, I'm just overcoming mine ATM. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
The pain has definitely lessened considerably, but it still causes pain when I straighten it, rotate my hand internally, and if I have my elbows resting on a table or something. I'm going to give it some time to recover, and hopefully get back in the gym next week.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I'm going to see if I can't do some lifting on Monday, not a big fan of sitting around like this.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to see if I can't do some lifting on Monday, not a big fan of sitting around like this.
I know the feeling as I'm just getting over my injury, but it's better to play if safe then risk re-aggravating it or making it worse. Do some isometrics! :p

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I know the feeling as I'm just getting over my injury, but it's better to play if safe then risk re-aggravating it or making it worse. Do some isometrics! :p
It's been good for my school and work, as I've had more time to dedicate towards those things. I just feel so...much like a little girl...if I don't at least work out 3-4 times a week, preferably 5 times if possible. I will be playing it safe, I will do alternative lifts, and do very light chest/tricep/bicep/back work because the elbow plays such a large part in those movements. We'll see how it goes though, it hurts less every day, hopefully that keeps happening.

Yeah, me neither :D
I feel like a little girl man :(

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Less pain is always a good sign. At least you're still able to get some work done still. I hear ya on school two. I have two semesters left and can't wait to be done.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Less pain is always a good sign. At least you're still able to get some work done still. I hear ya on school two. I have two semesters left and can't wait to be done.
Yeah I'm definitely going to try and do some legs tomorrow night, and test my elbow out a little bit to see how it will work with other lifts. Hopefully no pain, and I can get back to work. If there is still pain I will probably be doing some stupid alternative exercises just to maintain until it fully ceases to hurt. I should be able to at least do legs though, I might have to go a bit lighter than usual though. We'll see how it goes.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I did some legs today, but I went in with a set plan. I had to throw that out the window, my elbow pain apparently stops if it isn't used very heavily. The squats with the angle of rotation caused that pain to come back a bit. Was not fun. I had to mainly do more isolation movements than I intended, and this will probably be what I do for awhile until this pain stops. I wish I had time to go see a doctor, but things are really hectic right now.

I am pretty limited in what I can do right now, so I'm kind of annoyed but I can't really force the issue at the moment.

Squat:
45x10
135x10
225x10
315x5
405x5
495x2
585x2
675x2
675x2
675x2
675x2
675x2
675x2
675x2
675x2

Leg Press
1250x3
1250x3
1250x3
1250x3
1250x3
1250x3

Leg Curl
180x4
180x4
180x4
180x4
180x4

Leg Ext
180x4
180x4
180x4
180x4
180x4
180x4

Calf Press
1250x4
1250x4
1250x4
1250x4 (TUT)

Calf Raise:
550x5
550x5
550x5
550x5
550x5 (TUT)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man you are strong! lol

My elbow actually is giving me problems so I had to drop the back squat all together... I really need to practice some mobility stuff for its rotation. Had problems ever since I started playing tennis... haven't played for over 2 years but still lingering. Nice lifts though!! glad you got it all in. And keep strong!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
man you are strong! lol

My elbow actually is giving me problems so I had to drop the back squat all together... I really need to practice some mobility stuff for its rotation. Had problems ever since I started playing tennis... haven't played for over 2 years but still lingering. Nice lifts though!! glad you got it all in. And keep strong!
Thanks mang! I've been strength emphasis training for over a decade now, numbers are finally starting to show it I think. Last couple of years I went to more of a hypertrophy style of training, which is why I was up over 230 for a couple of days. Now I go back to strength training and my ****ing elbow decides it wants to make me cry (seriously I cried today in the locker room).

It hurt a lot, but it's not like an injury sort of pain. It's like a dry ass ****ing joint sort of pain. Idk what to do about it really, because it has came and gone in both elbows for like ~3 years now. It just was really intense when this first bout started back. I might actually be an old timer and blame it on the weather tbh. I expect it to stop hurting at some point soon, but I can't just up and quit working out until it decides to cooperate.

I'll figure something out, I'm just going to switch gears completely and shift in to a cutting phase. I had intended to do so in 8 weeks anyway, but I'll just start now and hopefully when I get back to bulking the elbow will be alright. We'll just go lighter weight/higher volume for the time being. Expect to see some big change-ups I will also have to rely on a lot of rarely used exercises that don't emphasize the rotation of the elbow quite so much. ****ing back squats really are bad on the elbows I didn't realize it until today.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks mang! I've been strength emphasis training for over a decade now, numbers are finally starting to show it I think. Last couple of years I went to more of a hypertrophy style of training, which is why I was up over 230 for a couple of days. Now I go back to strength training and my ****ing elbow decides it wants to make me cry (seriously I cried today in the locker room).

It hurt a lot, but it's not like an injury sort of pain. It's like a dry ass ****ing joint sort of pain. Idk what to do about it really, because it has came and gone in both elbows for like ~3 years now. It just was really intense when this first bout started back. I might actually be an old timer and blame it on the weather tbh. I expect it to stop hurting at some point soon, but I can't just up and quit working out until it decides to cooperate.

I'll figure something out, I'm just going to switch gears completely and shift in to a cutting phase. I had intended to do so in 8 weeks anyway, but I'll just start now and hopefully when I get back to bulking the elbow will be alright. We'll just go lighter weight/higher volume for the time being. Expect to see some big change-ups I will also have to rely on a lot of rarely used exercises that don't emphasize the rotation of the elbow quite so much. ****ing back squats really are bad on the elbows I didn't realize it until today.

Yea the squat can do a mean number on the elbow joint. Cutting is good too lol. I had to switch to cut as well. I'll be looking to learn from you to see how you attempt to keep your strength high while using less weight and dropping bf. ;)

Good luck man, and i'll be waiting for those big change-ups :D

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Elbow just randomly started hurting today around 3:30, and I had a couple of hours off so I did a walk-in at the university clinic where I work. The doctor seems to think I have an ulnar nerve compression, which makes some sense except for the popping. So I'm not sure he is completely correct.

On another note, I apparently have an ear infection...which I haven't had in years like...probably 20 or more years.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man dawg everyone be getting sick. Bug going around for sure! Take it easy bro!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Hope everything is going alright Lane. Rest up man so you can hit it hard.
Went to gym today tried to do chest, usual rep weight is 375, it felt like 3 tons today...I didn't really do enough to bother writing up.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rest up bruther and hit it even harder next time ;)
I hate those days when the weights feel like they are 3 x the weight :boggled:

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Hey guys, I'm just going to take a couple of weeks out of the gym. Trying to force the issue hasn't really got me very far, so I'm just going to cycle off of everything for the time being. I will get back to this log as soon as I am able to physically, and put in much more effort when I can. I'm not doing these products justice using them at below 100%. I will get back to logging as soon as I am back in the gym, which will only happen after my elbow stops bothering me so much. I'm really upset, I haven't had a good workout in awhile, and it's really taking a toll on my mood.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm just going to take a couple of weeks out of the gym. Trying to force the issue hasn't really got me very far, so I'm just going to cycle off of everything for the time being. I will get back to this log as soon as I am able to physically, and put in much more effort when I can. I'm not doing these products justice using them at below 100%. I will get back to logging as soon as I am back in the gym, which will only happen after my elbow stops bothering me so much. I'm really upset, I haven't had a good workout in awhile, and it's really taking a toll on my mood.
thanks for the update. just focus on recovery for now, then hit it hard.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Hello everybody, I just thought I would let you all know that I am back in the gym. As a result I will begin updating this log again. I have been off both Beta Alanine and Creatine for the past 1.5 weeks, and everything else except fish oil, protein, and a multi (and some joint supps). So I'm coming back a little deflated.

I'm also doing things a bit differently, I have noticed that while the pain in my elbow has completely gone, that I am not capable of what I was 2-4 weeks ago. It's not that the strength isn't there, it's that my elbow lacks stability. I put 315 on the BP and while I pressed it with ease my elbow wobbled during both the eccentric and concentric phases.

So I will be stopping conjugate periodization, and shifting from a strength emphasis to an endurance and hypertrophy focus. You will see lower numbers with higher reps. I also cannot do squats right now, the elbow just does not want to be held in that position right now. I've simply started doing more lunges, leg presses, and hack squats in their place. It's odd that a leg exercise is the only one I can still not perform, but it really did not want to bend that way.

So I will listen to what it says and keep squats out for the time being (although they are my favorite exercise). I'm just glad to be back in the gym, I've been using heat therapy, stretching, and Icy Hot (stuff is working great for the pain). It seems to have helped, and just a little time off was definitely beneficial. I feel like a pansy if I'm out of the gym for more than a few days though.

I will start doing workout updates tomorrow. Lets get this show back on the road.

Thanks again SNS and SNS reps for this opportunity, and I'm very sorry that I was unable to perform to the task adequately. Hopefully I can do so now without anymore interruptions.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Great. be cautious with your form and kick some ass bro

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Upper Body:

30 minute cardio on stationary bike

BP
45x15
135x12
225x12
275x8
325x2
325x2
275x8

CGBP:
185x5
205x5
225x5
255x5

Pullups:
10, 10, 10, 10, 5

OHP:
45x15
135x12
185x10
235x8
275x5
275x5
275x5
235x8

DB Curl:
30x10
35x10
40x10

Lat Pull:
90x12
180x5
180x5
180x5

Lat Raise:
80x12
120x8
160x6

Reverse Flye:
130x12
140x10
150x8

Flye:
130x12
140x10
150x8

Went pretty light this day, tried to focus on form, safety, etc. Didn't have any problems, except for the lack of stability in my elbow. It was really wobbly on the bench press. It got better toward the end of the workout, but at the beginning it was crazy how unstable it felt. I kept the weight really low on most exercises, but I'm pleased that I am able to workout again.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Lower Body:

Cardio: 15 minutes on the stationary bike

Good Mornings (machine)
225x12
225x12
225x12

Reverse Hypers
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Glute Ham Raise
BW+50x12
BW+50x12
BW+50x12

Back Extensions
350x15
350x15
350x15

Hack Squat
495x10
585x8
675x6

Leg Extension
150x15
170x12
190x10
210x8

Standing Single Leg Curl
150x8x2
150x8x2
150x8x2

Calf Raise
360x15
360x15
360x15
360x10 TUT

Hip Adduction
90x10
90x10
90x10

Hip Abduction
80x10
80x10
80x10

Had a good workout, but I still can't do squats unfortunately. The angle of rotation on the elbow is just too painful.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Chest/Tri

30 minute cardio on stationary bike

BP
45x15
135x12
225x12
275x10
325x2
325x2
275x10

CGBP:
185x5
205x5
225x5
255x5

Pullups:
10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5

Dips:
20, 16, 15, 12

Flyes:
145x15
145x15
145x15

French Press:
70x15
70x15
70x15

Crappy workout, I felt weak and lethargic. Tomorrow is shoulders, I hope have more energy and strength then.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see you back at it. Hope the elbow heels up quickly and doesn't cause any more problems.