On Swole: The Log

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. I'm like this stack. I've been noticing a leaner look mostly in the mid section and there usually seems to be no bloat. Had 2 glycobol pre work out and ate chicken wrap with brown rice and broccoli. Went into the gym 1 1/2 later for chest and BIs and this is what happened:

DB Press
    45lbs w/u
    80lbs 3 reps 2 sets
    70lbs 8 reps 1 set
    70lbs 6 reps 1 set
    65lbs 6 reps 1 set
    40lbs 20 reps 1 set
    40lbs 15 reps 1 set

Didn't see and increase in too much weight, I do think volume was slightly elevated and the on the 80lbs I didn't have a spot this time around.

Flat Dumbbell Flys
    32.5lbs 8 reps x2
    25lbs 10 reps x2
    -Here if I can recall I had better volume at higher weights than last week...

Hammer Strength Chest Press
    90lbs
    10 reps x 1
    8 reps x 2

EZ Curl
    100lbs 2 reps x 1
    95lbs 4 reps x 2
    85lbs 5 reps x 1
    -Definitely up from last week.

BI Hammer Strength Curl
    80lbs 10 reps 1 set
    90lbs 6 reps 1 set
    45lbs 20 reps 3 sets
    -I through in numerous Dumbbell curls during breaks and before and after using 45lbs (2 reps) all the way down to burning out with 15lbs. Had a nice pump.

I've been throughing in the hammer strength machines to change it up a bit cause I haven't used em too much before the log and I'm liking em.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

2. What are these protein cookies you speak of?

We had some for a while, but we discontinued them. They were SOOOO good.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    What are these protein cookies you speak of?

We had some for a while, but we discontinued them. They were SOOOO good.
    I buy 1 or 2 from the smoothies shop... Forget the macros but they are tasty. They are all natural, unlike the big company ones sold at GNC.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

4. Thought I'd give a quick update on my weight and some things...

Stepped on the scale this morning and I am at 183.6 pounds. Not a huge difference and we know weight fluctuates but I seem to feel less bloated holding less water and a dryer feel. When I was 186lbs back in August after running some AMS products I was holding onto a lot of water weight and clothes felt snug now clothes feel a tad bit looser but I'm still up in weight! Nice. Cardio is my biggest area of opportunity and diet has been decent about 85% of the time & if I could nail the cardio aspect results would probably be more insane.

To also note I'm still dosing glycobol with my meals and I'm also not always using the 2/2 method sometimes I'm using the 1/1/1/1.

Fullness is not 100% 24/7 prominent all the time but it does happen and remember these are OTC supplements not harse illegal chemicals.

I'm satisfied.

5. Log is looking great! Subbed. Keep it up!
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

6. That's a pretty solid update. Thanks for the thoughts thus far.

It's always nice to feel clothes fitting a little looser despite gaining weight.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I buy 1 or 2 from the smoothies shop... Forget the macros but they are tasty. They are all natural, unlike the big company ones sold at GNC.
    I tried making homemade ones and it was an absolute Fail lol

8. Loving the leaness I'm the mid section. Not ripped by any means but I can tell a difference.
    Also I don't know if it's my dedication to training or eating better but work outs have been going better and I've been moving a bit more weight around sporadically. Is the swole stack really this good? Is it helping that much... Guess I can bet my $100 on it that it's a good possibility.
    Legs curls and Ext. Increased again.
    Mixed in some shoulder work because that's an area of opportunity for me....

Leg Curl
    155lbs 6 reps
    145lbs 6 reps
    140lbs 5 reps
    135lbs 6 reps
    80lbs 20 reps
    90lbs 10 reps

Leg Ext
    190lbs 6 reps
    185lbs 8 reps
    180lbs 10 reps
    170lbs 8 reps

Leg Press
    6 plates 12 reps
    8 plates 10 reps
    10 plates 6 reps

Calf Raise
    225lbs 1 set 10 standing
    90lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    100lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    115lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    135lbs 1 set 8 sitting
    -Could've hit more on these I felt like it, but I was "unorganized" so to speak on these.

DB Shoulder Press
    50lbs 7 reps 1 set failed on 8th
    45lbs 6 reps 1 set
    40lbs 8 reps 1 set

Shoulders Hammer Strength
    80lbs 4 reps 1 set
    45lbs 12 reps 1 set

9. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Loving the leaness I'm the mid section. Not ripped by any means but I can tell a difference.
    Also I don't know if it's my dedication to training or eating better but work outs have been going better and I've been moving a bit more weight around sporadically. Is the swole stack really this good? Is it helping that much... Guess I can bet my $100 on it that it's a good possibility.
    Legs curls and Ext. Increased again.
    Mixed in some shoulder work because that's an area of opportunity for me....

Leg Curl
    155lbs 6 reps
    145lbs 6 reps
    140lbs 5 reps
    135lbs 6 reps
    80lbs 20 reps
    90lbs 10 reps

Leg Ext
    190lbs 6 reps
    185lbs 8 reps
    180lbs 10 reps
    170lbs 8 reps

Leg Press
    6 plates 12 reps
    8 plates 10 reps
    10 plates 6 reps

Calf Raise
    225lbs 1 set 10 standing
    90lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    100lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    115lbs 1 set 10 sitting
    135lbs 1 set 8 sitting
    -Could've hit more on these I felt like it, but I was "unorganized" so to speak on these.

DB Shoulder Press
    50lbs 7 reps 1 set failed on 8th
    45lbs 6 reps 1 set
    40lbs 8 reps 1 set

Shoulders Hammer Strength
    80lbs 4 reps 1 set
    45lbs 12 reps 1 set

Solid lift. Hit each part of the leg but I do have a question out of curiousity...

Any reason why you hit leg press after curl and extensions?
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

10. Think it's a way I have always done it. Should it be switched up?
    Usually when I get to the gym it's like 5 people standing around 1 leg press machine we have waiting to use it, and the routine I'm following has it listed that way....
    •   

11. Ok what happened to squats and stiff legs?

The reason I ask is depending on what your goals are doing heavy curls and extension first my take away from your main lifts. For example, I lift for strength, so the first thing I do on leg day is Squats. All the other stuff I do after as accessory movements to build my squat.

Now if your going for shape, physique, growth, etc then it would make a little more sense. Either way Ive always been a fan of getting the big stuff out of the way first.

That routine looks more like a bodybuilding routine.Very basic. Is that what your going for? More of a bodybuilding type look?

12. Exactly, never been too heavily concerned on how much weight I actually move. Yeah I do like strength gains and I've been seeing a few, but my main focus is getting good form, with proper contractions and to feel the burn.

That routine I follow is an outline. Not always set in stone 100 depending on how I feel. Left out stiff leg deads this whole log.
    I'm working more on shaping my body right now.
    To be honest I don't know why they list it like that, just the way I've been following it cause I thought it had a purpose the way it was written....

13. Got ya. Never leave out squats. If i could give you one suggestion, master the squat and all its variations. Since your main goal is physique, you can keep the weight lighter and prevent injury by slowly building up. Squat is a lifters best friend.

and empty your mailbox haha.

14. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme
    Got ya. Never leave out squats. If i could give you one suggestion, master the squat and all its variations. Since your main goal is physique, you can keep the weight lighter and prevent injury by slowly building up. Squat is a lifters best friend.

and empty your mailbox haha.
    Form isn't the greatest on squats and it's kinda like why have 1 45lbs on either side of the bar trying to master form with every one watching me, but guess I gotta start somewhere. I'm take ya advice I'm test the waters with it no matter how light I have to go.
    Mailbox should be cleaner now

15. Your being very intelligent and wise in ditching the ego and going light to master form. There is no shame is getting the form right and then SLOWLY adding weight. Keep the plates and make progress. You just started lifting so there is no rush.

Back Squat
    Front Squat
    Zercher Squat
    Box Squat

Squat..squat..squat lol I think I have made my point.

16. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme
    Your being very intelligent and wise in ditching the ego and going light to master form. There is no shame is getting the form right and then SLOWLY adding weight. Keep the plates and make progress. You just started lifting so there is no rush.

Back Squat
    Front Squat
    Zercher Squat
    Box Squat

Squat..squat..squat lol I think I have made my point.
    Thank u man very intelligent. Reps are due... When I tried it said I must spread some reputation around, so as soon as I'm off spread I got cha.

17. Tried to rep you as well...gotta spread them around first...I'll go off and be generous and get back to you haha.

18. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme
    Tried to rep you as well...gotta spread them around first...I'll go off and be generous and get back to you haha.
    Same here. Made another AI friend.

19. agreed with mastering form. Keep up the good work Aaron.

I like hacks, leg press, and smith; although ive done them all over the past ten years. I'm tall so squats make me lean forward a bit
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

20. I hit AJ with some greenz for you, Andres

Great conversation guys. I'm always learning something new.
  21. Never enough

I've been doing 1 leg hack squats, damn are those brutal. Trying to keep to unilateral movements as much as possible
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

22. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I hit AJ with some greenz for you, Andres

Great conversation guys. I'm always learning something new.
    Thanks for having my back buddy!

23. So quick update. Have two more work outs to get to before the week ends, but my schedule is hectic. Not done with work until 930pm today and I have a 730 am meeting tomorrow and even though I supposed to start at 12 I will actually be starting at 10am to 930pm. Saturday is another late night as well. Sunday and Monday, I may be out of two those town days or at least returning home on Monday; so if I'm not around for a few days dont fret just have a killer busy work packed weekend schedule.

My schedule is the 4th column down. So I'll see what I can do to get in there and make things happen with what time I do have an what sleep I get.

24. If it makes you feel any better, I'm pulling a 16 hour day tomorrow or next Sunday. I'll get home a little before midnight and then will have to clock back in at 07:00 the next morning. I hate when that happens, but OT is so hard to turn down

25. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm pulling a 16 hour day tomorrow or next Sunday. I'll get home a little before midnight and then will have to clock back in at 07:00 the next morning. I hate when that happens, but OT is so hard to turn down
    It's crazy. It's why I need the iPhone to keep up lol

26. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm pulling a 16 hour day tomorrow or next Sunday. I'll get home a little before midnight and then will have to clock back in at 07:00 the next morning. I hate when that happens, but OT is so hard to turn down
    DAMMMM!!

that sounds brutal

27. Wanted to get in the gym and do something. Hit shoulders and TRIs even though today was supposed to be an off day, but for me shoulders are a big opportunity area.

Had under 2000 calories today, no energy. I should be back on track this week though. Being out of town took it's toll on me lol. Work out wasn't that great, but I didn't expect
    it to be with the circumstances.

Dumbbell Front & Side Raise

15 lbs 1 set 10
    17.5lbs 3 sets of 6

Lateral Side Raise Machine

80lbs 1 set of 10
    90lbs 1 set of 8
    95lbs 1 set of 6

Dips

3 sets of 10

Triceps Press Down w/back against pad.

50lbs 1 set of 10
    60lbs 1 set of 8
    70lbs 1 set of 4

As far as product notes, I've been noticing a bit of hardness in the muscles as well.

28. Low calories cause low energy !

good to hear about hardness in the muscles
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

29. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton
    Low calories cause low energy !

good to hear about hardness in the muscles
    I was making some decent strength gains. Hope they continue. Yeah I was out of town so it like 2-3 meals today and not the best choices either.

30. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I was making some decent strength gains. Hope they continue. Yeah I was out of town so it like 2-3 meals today and not the best choices either.
    skipping just one meal can cause a slowdown-Its a full time job -bodybuilding , esp when your training hard and heavy you must eat every 2.5-3 hours and eat well except if your losing fast like for a show

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting Swole on Swole Stack (1 TestoPRO+ 1 Glycobol+ 1 Stoked)
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 03:52 AM
  2. Who wants to get SWOLE with the SWOLE stack.
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 02:25 PM
  3. Swole
    By Jedi Master in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 12:21 AM
  4. Swole v2
    By offsides255 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 02:13 PM
  5. Swole V2