Blue Gene/Green Mag Log with 5/3/1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Blue Gene/Green Mag Log with 5/3/1


    Hey guys, I was picked to log Green Mag and Blue Gene by Controlled Labs. Big thanks to Renegade Rows and CL for another logging chance.

    Stats:
    5'8-5'9
    195ish lbs
    Bench: 305
    Squat: 395
    Press: 190
    Deadlift: 445

    Training style: 5/3/1 "3/5/1"

    Diet: Bulking 3500-4000 cals a day, If you want more detail let me know.

    Supps:
    Orange Triad
    Vit D
    Mag
    Fish Oil
    Ala
    Taurine
    Beta-alanine
    Alcar
    Xtend
    White Flood/Lit-up when I need a boost.

    Goals of this log will be to continue to increase strength for my meet in feb. Recover my lower back and left hip flexor. Increase conditioning. Ill be looking to compare green mag to creapure and AEN's new creatine RT. I dont really bloat but ill pay attention to that, stomach issues as mono makes me go, energy and power output, and even endurance since green mag is a designer creatine blend. Im expecting good things from this product and if I notice anything else im comment on it. As for blue gene, I have no idea what to expect, compare it to, or to try to get out of it. So this will be a fun product to test and im looking forward to it.

    Also if you guys want anymore info or pics let me know.


  2. 10/1/11
    Green Mag- 1 scoop 30min Pre-wo
    Deadlift
    Wave A 70/80/90x3
    Workout:
    Deadlifts
    45x5
    135x5
    225x5
    275x3
    70-315x3
    80-355x3
    90-405x3
    Single Legged Squats
    30x10/10
    40x10/10
    45x10/10
    50x10/10
    60x10/10
    Goodmornings+Glute Hams
    95x10/5
    115x10/5
    135x10/5
    155x10/5
    175x10/5
    Leg Raises
    4/6/4/7/5
    Side Bends+Ab/Adductors
    25x12/12+70x15/90x15
    35x12/12+90x15/90x15
    Conditioning: Prowler Low Handles 90lbs+60lb duck walk+prowler high handles 90lbs+50lbs fat grips farmers walks, 10min worth.
    Notes: Decided to run green mag for 20 days solo before adding in the blue gene to see what each product does on its own. So just 1 scoop Green mag today 30min pre-wo. Great session, no pre-wo creatine poop, no bloat, and i got a great energy boost from it. Taste is also very nice
    •   
       


  3. 10/3/11
    Green Mag-1 scoop 30min pre-wo
    Bench
    Wave B 65/75/85x3 (modified deload)
    Workout:
    Chins
    20 Bw
    Bench+Chins
    45x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
    95x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
    135x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
    175x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
    65-200x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
    75-230x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
    85-260x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
    Floor Press
    135+2 Chainsx12
    135+4 Chainsx10
    135+6 Chainsx9
    Pullovers+Facepulls
    80x15/60x15
    100x15/80x15
    100x15/100x15
    Rolling Tricep Ext+Spider Curls
    20x15/45x15
    30x15/65x10
    40x10/65x10
    Conditioning: Prowler Push low handles 90lbs+BB Shrugs 135x10+Prowler Push high handles 90lbs+Medicine Ball Slam 5 reps. Rest, repeat for 10min.
    Notes: Another Great session. I really like the taste of green mag, the natural energy and no stomach issues. Seems to be a great product, excited for the rest of my sessions. Only hit a modified deload on bench today bc of some training issues making this bench cycle extra long. Still felt amazingly strong.

  4. Subbed. How have your PRs been coming along lately?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. subbed, my god you have some mean numbers.

    Love your programming.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Subbed. How have your PRs been coming along lately?
    Well my bench is coming along nicely. Hitting a lot of Prs in it as my form improves and my upper back strength increases. Also my press is improving with Prs, thx to form and and tricep strength. Sadly my squat and deadlift took a hit as I had a strain in my left hip flexor and I tweaked my lower back bc of my hip flexor preventing me from sitting back like I needed too. I took a step back in both lifts to work on form and do some rehab. And currently all my main sets of squats are done in a single ply squat suit to support my hip while I rehab it. Also imma try to get some vids of my squat and deadlift.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    subbed, my god you have some mean numbers.

    Love your programming.
    Thanks man. The program I use is 5/3/1 by jim wendler. Lets see these numbers increase over the weeks.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Thanks man. The program I use is 5/3/1 by jim wendler. Lets see these numbers increase over the weeks.
    How do you set up your supplementary work?
    RecoverBro ELITE

  9. now thats a nice workout there

  10. Subbed, this is great, feeling the Green MAG working already.
    VERY nice numbers so far
    "OMG" once you add in Blue Gene
    •   
       


  11. The log is looking good so far. I've used three bottles of Blue Gene in the past and a couple tubs of Green Mag. You're gunna love 'em both. Blue Gene always made me feel awesome, all day everyday.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Well my bench is coming along nicely. Hitting a lot of Prs in it as my form improves and my upper back strength increases. Also my press is improving with Prs, thx to form and and tricep strength. Sadly my squat and deadlift took a hit as I had a strain in my left hip flexor and I tweaked my lower back bc of my hip flexor preventing me from sitting back like I needed too. I took a step back in both lifts to work on form and do some rehab. And currently all my main sets of squats are done in a single ply squat suit to support my hip while I rehab it. Also imma try to get some vids of my squat and deadlift.
    Your quad work looks good, but supersetting GM with GHR is limiting them. You can arguably say that the GM is the best builder of both the squat and deadlift (I especially correlate the deadlift with them). GHR is also extremely important and should be done at every lower body session. I almost use them in the same fashion that I implement facepulls for upper body. You can do them before the squat to loosen up the posterior chain and to really establish the M-M connection with the area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Your quad work looks good, but supersetting GM with GHR is limiting them. You can arguably say that the GM is the best builder of both the squat and deadlift (I especially correlate the deadlift with them). GHR is also extremely important and should be done at every lower body session. I almost use them in the same fashion that I implement facepulls for upper body. You can do them before the squat to loosen up the posterior chain and to really establish the M-M connection with the area.
    Thanks man. It more or less was I was squatting way to wide without support putting a lot of pressure on my weak hip flexors. So I brought my stance in a lil more to take more advantage of my quads. I do GHR every lower body session too, i use bands and the such to either increase of decrease the lift depending on the day. But I will try them pre-lift to see how it goes. How are your PRs? You got a log on here anywhere?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    How do you set up your supplementary work?
    I always have on upper days:
    Accessory Press after bench/press
    Row Movement, sometimes do pullovers here
    Upper Back movement
    Tricep movement
    Bicep movement
    Chins inbetween pressing sets
    Conditioning

    Lower:
    Quad work
    Hamstring work
    Core work
    Conditioning

    Since i do 3/5/1 I rotate my volume
    3 week is high volume accessory
    5 week is low volume accessory
    5/3/1 week is high volume accessory
    deload is low volume accessory

  15. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Thanks man. It more or less was I was squatting way to wide without support putting a lot of pressure on my weak hip flexors. So I brought my stance in a lil more to take more advantage of my quads. I do GHR every lower body session too, i use bands and the such to either increase of decrease the lift depending on the day. But I will try them pre-lift to see how it goes. How are your PRs? You got a log on here anywhere?
    I'm transitioning to a conjugate system right now. I haven't attempted any PRs recently, but I can definitely tell that my bench would be higher just by technique improvements. I don't have a log right now (I'm keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet), but might start a new one after PCT is over, which will be in another 3 weeks.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    now thats a nice workout there
    Thanks man, i feel it today. lol. welcome to the log

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM View Post
    The log is looking good so far. I've used three bottles of Blue Gene in the past and a couple tubs of Green Mag. You're gunna love 'em both. Blue Gene always made me feel awesome, all day everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Subbed, this is great, feeling the Green MAG working already.
    VERY nice numbers so far
    "OMG" once you add in Blue Gene
    Im excited to say the least. Im just not a fan of using more then 1 new product at once, bc then I cant tell what is doing what. Cant wait till day 20.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'm transitioning to a conjugate system right now. I haven't attempted any PRs recently, but I can definitely tell that my bench would be higher just by technique improvements. I don't have a log right now (I'm keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet), but might start a new one after PCT is over, which will be in another 3 weeks.
    Ill be doing the same after this meet is over. I just wont be rotating my ME lift as much since I still need to learn how to bench, squat, and deadlift lol. What did you cycle?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Ill be doing the same after this meet is over. I just wont be rotating my ME lift as much since I still need to learn how to bench, squat, and deadlift lol. What did you cycle?
    Test E (500mg/week; 20 weeks), Deca (300mg/week; 14 weeks), Var (50mg/day; 4 weeks), and Ultradrol (8mg/day; 3 weeks) at the end. I used hCG on cycle and am running Clomid, Sustain Alpha, Toco-8, TCF-1, and HGHpro for PCT.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  20. 10/4/11
    Green Mag-1 scoop 30min pre-wo in my tumbler with ice yum
    Squat
    Wave B 65/75/85x5
    Workout:
    Squat
    45x5,5
    95x5
    135x5,5 very tight today in the low back, loosing it up and taking my time today
    185x5
    225x3
    Suit
    225x3, couldnt hit depth lol i prefer to raw squat
    65-255x5
    75-295x5
    85-335x7 finally in the groove and had a good session
    GHR+RDLs
    Bw-Bandx10/95x12
    Bw-Bandx10/95x12
    Bw-Bandx10/115x12
    Standing Cable Crunches to the front and sides in a tri-set
    150x15,12,12
    150x15,12,12
    150x15,12,12
    Conditioning/Quad Work: Prowler High handles 270lbs for 10min. There were two points in this where i couldnt breath, could barly see, couldnt stand. Only one thing was important after this...AIR
    Notes: Another great session. Finally got a good groove on squats. Anyone that talks bad about lifting in gear has never done it. Its harder in its own way. Im enjoying the green mags taste and effects so far. Also i got my rehband knee sleeves in and got to use them this session. They were really nice and helped my knees stay warm and comfy the whole session lol

    Heres pretty much what i looked like at the end.

    http://youtu.be/3TN8fNHVvJc

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Test E (500mg/week; 20 weeks), Deca (300mg/week; 14 weeks), Var (50mg/day; 4 weeks), and Ultradrol (8mg/day; 3 weeks) at the end. I used hCG on cycle and am running Clomid, Sustain Alpha, Toco-8, TCF-1, and HGHpro for PCT.
    I bet you got some good mass and strength outta that one. Plus pretty bloated

  22. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    I bet you got some good mass and strength outta that one. Plus pretty bloated
    Not as much bloat as you would think. Paleo really keeps the bloat down and I added a tremendous amount to my total (nearly 200 lbs).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Nice workout man!!
    That's a strong 5s day.

    Strong though I must say. Ghrs are some good sh!t. Strong squat too. Lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  24. Great numbers on these lifts.

    I've done some floor flopping too lol

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Not as much bloat as you would think. Paleo really keeps the bloat down and I added a tremendous amount to my total (nearly 200 lbs).
    One day when im not a super broke and busy college kid I will switch to this diet. Unless you got some tips? But 200lbs is nice man, esp in 20 weeks

  26. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Nice workout man!!
    That's a strong 5s day.

    Strong though I must say. Ghrs are some good sh!t. Strong squat too. Lol.
    My squat was about 50lbs stronger before I got injured. I had to back off to rest. I hate GHRS lol

  27. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Great numbers on these lifts.

    I've done some floor flopping too lol
    Thanks man, trying to be strong and big like you RR.

    Floor flopping is my fav lift for post leg workout recovery, nothing works better lol

  28. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    One day when im not a super broke and busy college kid I will switch to this diet. Unless you got some tips? But 200lbs is nice man, esp in 20 weeks
    Buy in bulk and shop early at grocery stores.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  29. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Buy in bulk and shop early at grocery stores.
    Gotcha man, is rice a loud on paleo? Can you link to the carb sources again. I wanna switch over.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Gotcha man, is rice a loud on paleo? Can you link to the carb sources again. I wanna switch over.
    It's not allowed, but you don't have to do a strict Paleo.

    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pal...eodietfood.htm
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 07:16 AM
  2. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
  3. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
  4. Replies: 185
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in