Gut repair with Gut health

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Gut repair with Gut health


    Back story on me~
    I started lifting around 10 years ago because I was around 260lbs. Decided I needed a change in my life. Joined 24hr fitness and watched what I ate. Eliminated all soda's and juices. Cut back on the rice. Lost 30lbs in about a year, then another 20lbs over the next 8yrs. Moved to Japan in 2009 and started lifting pretty seriously. Cut weight down to around 180, did a mini bulk and got to 195. Did some recomping here.

    Goals~

    I am trying to recomp/cut as I don't want to go too low on calories because I want to see how this product works with a bit more food. Not prepping for a competition yet (Well a judo competition), decided to add a bit more techniques in the bag, and get more accustomed to everything before I start burning the candle in the calorie zone. The overall goal will be to get my gut's health stronger, and try not to have so many gastric problems...

    Why I want to take this product~

    About 8 months ago when I went back home to visit I was very careless with my diet. I was on bulk so I did the 1g protein per lb of bodymass plus whatever I can fit in. Went back to Japan and continued to lift. I had mean constipation and because of that my umbilical hernia popped out. I had intestinal blockage and had to get an enema and be put on stool softeners. I read up on gluten, and found that by eliminating all flour products I was able to stop being so inflammed and bloated. Only problem is I still have the constipation issue. And I know it's there because my right upper ab area always is popped out. When I do bench presses, or just lay on my back, my right side is always a bit higher. I would like to think that it will just go away after a while of not eating flour, but I think the damage done needs a bit more "help".
    I can drink protein powder now, well sort of. Before any form of protein powder would cause me to have intense stomach pain. Also, too much protein ingested alone causes my IBS (Well I think it's IBS, about 5-8 hrs of constant toilet visits... where the food comes out pretty much as it came in) to act up. Currently, I eat mostly paleo. Taking in fattier meats usually helps me to absorb it better I think. I take NOW Super Enzymes, their probiotic blend, Coq10, Some fish oil, and CLA.

    Recently DAA has been causing my stomach to act up. I know that many users have reported this but I have been cycling DAA for over a year now and this has just begun. With luck this will help with the problems I have. Though DAA may be due to some amino acid balance being off, I am not disregarding the fact that it could be a gut issue. Seeing my diet and supplementation have not changed since this time.


    Current gut health (Observational)

    Still pretty bad, I don't get much bloat from food anymore. But that is because I have been eating SO little. My weight doesn't come off... I am thinking that this is related to a absorption problem of nutrients and slow digestion of food. I remember hearing a podcast about the standard bowel movement times to be like 12-24hrs, whereas sometimes I go through days w/o going.... EVEN on bulk. So hopefully this product will allow me to up my food intake w/o giving myself more digestive problems.


    Product came in yesterday (had my family ship it up to me from Hawaii to Japan). So I will be running this for 30 days.

    I'll be updating the log as often as I can, and I will report anything noticeable. Dosing will follow the bottle at 2 pills a day for the first 5 days then 1 a day for maintenance.

    With luck I'll notice some stomach easing and easier digestion.

    Anyone who has an interest in this product should tag along and ask me as many questions as possible that way it makes me think more on issues I may not consider lol.


    Thanks for tuning in!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  2. Board Sponsor
    Ajerone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    27450
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    24.03%

    So in on this! Love the detail and backstory, and can't wait to follow along and see how you like it. Feedback so far has been nothing short of stellar - I have no doubt you will love it!!
  3. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    So in on this! Love the detail and backstory, and can't wait to follow along and see how you like it. Feedback so far has been nothing short of stellar - I have no doubt you will love it!!
    Thanks! Nice to have a rep along!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Onlychevy6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,975
    Rep Power
    319888
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    68.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wow bro had no idea on how similar we are. I will be watching this one closely. We will need to chat sometime and bounce some things off each other.
  5. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Wow bro had no idea on how similar we are. I will be watching this one closely. We will need to chat sometime and bounce some things off each other.
    I have a feeling a lot of people have these very similar issues it's just they are lucky and do not get the acute trigger. Like they are all living on the edge of all these digestive issues. Gut Health, I hope, will help get things back to normal, or maybe even optimal levels.

    Sure thing dude. If you have gmail we can chat on gchat. I have other forms of IM but I'd have to dig um up and hope I remember the PW lol.I'll PM you
    RecoverBro ELITE
  6. Professional Member
    Onlychevy6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,975
    Rep Power
    319888
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    68.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of people have these very similar issues it's just they are lucky and do not get the acute trigger. Like they are all living on the edge of all these digestive issues. Gut Health, I hope, will help get things back to normal, or maybe even optimal levels.

    Sure thing dude. If you have gmail we can chat on gchat. I have other forms of IM but I'd have to dig um up and hope I remember the PW lol.I'll PM you
    Yeah and for me the belly hernia was done when I had a 1 1/2 feet of my large intestine removed. I had perforations and the doctors to my ole lady if I would have waited one more night I may not have woken up. I had a lot of toxin in my body. I waited 4 days before i went to the hospital. Any way long story short the doctor said he removed what looked like a hernia behind the belly button. I never had a hernia. But now I do. And as you can see in my pics is growing. Soon as i get to my goal weight I will have surgery to get it removed.
  7. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Day 2,

    Took the two pills, hopefully this helps out with my digestion and any stomach irritation I have.

    Noticeable effects: None yet, but I have switched my diet from close to NO fruits to only fruits and veggies and have really no digestive issues... A miracle, because before I would have to keep my veggie intake low because it would back me up (odd I know), but I cant give credit to Gut Health cause at day two thats kinda too fast. Either way thats the only thing. My diet resumes its standard high protein, mod fat, mod-high carbs in 3 days. We shall see what happens then
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Day 3-6 taking it pretty well. Noticed my stomach area and intestines feel a bit "lighter". Im not sure what this stuff is supposed to do. But with luck my regulartiy will be normal and food passage will be faster.

    Noticed after eating my HUGE cheat meal I was able to eat more, easily. The food seems to be processed faster, and with a whole lot less bloat. I noticed after eating usually I would have problems with my lower stomach area becoming a bit inflammed. But today it seems to be pretty normal, even with 2 back to back buffets... haha. Could be just coincedence, but I doubt that. Good stuff so far. Lets see if I can get to having "normal" digestion
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Here is something really odd. My body seems more dry/inflamed. I think maybe I need to up my fats?
    Or perhaps my gut bacteria is changing and I need to change up my food sources in order to satisfy the new nutrient requirements?
    Anyway had a rough weekend. Over ate a bit and really paid for it.

    One thing I noticed though today is my digestive track is feeling better.
    Oddly looking less bloated. Even though I ate a lot more.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Rep Power
    204202
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Here is something really odd. My body seems more dry/inflamed. I think maybe I need to up my fats?
    Or perhaps my gut bacteria is changing and I need to change up my food sources in order to satisfy the new nutrient requirements?
    Anyway had a rough weekend. Over ate a bit and really paid for it.

    One thing I noticed though today is my digestive track is feeling better.
    Oddly looking less bloated. Even though I ate a lot more.
    you shouldn't really have to alter your diet to accommodate the product... do you mean that your skin is drier?
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  11. Official Genomyx Wizard
    itzDodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    2604
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%

    Wow long back story, haven't seen a lot of its use in individuals with some serious gut problems. With the amount of love regular users get from this I would expect you get some really pleasing results, it sucks to have to monitor food intake so intensely like that. I think you're right too many people really don't care what there putting in their system or have a solid grasp on their intestinal stability. Lets hope you see some quality poops here over the next few weeks.

  12. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    you shouldn't really have to alter your diet to accommodate the product... do you mean that your skin is drier?
    I usually have very oily skin. And after taking this product for about 6 days my skin got drier. I thought that it was because of my diet, I went low fat for 5 days to try to help my digestive track and speed up fat loss. After that I noticed really dry skin.

    Today, after 3 days of normal dieting, I have noticed my body is now back to normal. So it must have been diet.

    As far as how my lower stomach feels now. It feels kinda good. I took a protein/fat meal b4 bed and I think it got absorbed well. My muscles "Feel" fuller oddly. Usually, upon waking my lower back feels tight or bloated, today it feels fine.... Might be a result of this. I didnt do any foam rolling, or stretching last night.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Wow long back story, haven't seen a lot of its use in individuals with some serious gut problems. With the amount of love regular users get from this I would expect you get some really pleasing results, it sucks to have to monitor food intake so intensely like that. I think you're right too many people really don't care what there putting in their system or have a solid grasp on their intestinal stability. Lets hope you see some quality poops here over the next few weeks.
    Thanks man... my digestive problems have been with me since as long as can remember... hopefully a couple cycles of this I can get better....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    17830
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    64.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sorry i Missed this earlier. I don't think you should change your diet for gut health unless you were unable to eat something befor and you want to see if gut health allows you to eat foods that caused discomfort in the past.

    May I ask have you Noticed any change in bowel movements at all? What about gas? Those are two areas I first notice gut health workin.
  15. Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    115217
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    53.83%

    Im in. Looking forward to following along.
  16. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Sorry i Missed this earlier. I don't think you should change your diet for gut health unless you were unable to eat something befor and you want to see if gut health allows you to eat foods that caused discomfort in the past.

    May I ask have you Noticed any change in bowel movements at all? What about gas? Those are two areas I first notice gut health workin.
    I must say it has helped me digest fruits better. They would give me gas before and when I eat them now I don't experience it. Though now I get more gas from protein/fat meals. Unfortunately, bowel movements still infrequent. once every 2-3 days. Cept the once a month bouts of 4-5 times in one day that usually come with no warning.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. New Member
    Arpyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    6%

    I've had serious gut issues that nearly killed me. Not sure about the causes and can only speculate, but I can tell you about my situation and how I coped with it. Hopefully, there might be some good that my experiences can do. I'll make it brief as I can.
    Developed back ache with pain in groin area, and got it checked by docs. Can't find anything wrong. Gets worse. Docs can't find anthing wrong. Become constipated. Gets worse. Go to docs several times. Nothing wrong they say. Get to the point that it's almost impossible to pass anything and I'm in extreme pain almost unable to work. Refered to specialists and tested multiple times. Diagnosis is nothing wrong. Now passing small flakes that soak up water and expand. Back to docs who say that they can't find anything wrong. Almost totally stop passing anything and I'm loosing energy like crazy. I give up on my docs and go to my mom's doc who was real good for her. He gives me Laculose. Helps a bit. I take senna and I get movement. I start alternating between the two and things start to get a bit better. Bad odor like rotting flesh appears accompanied with pain and lasts on and off for 6 mo. Take glutamine, sooths the gut a bit and thing get a bit better but get recurrent attacks. Stop dairy eating products and it clears up more but still have recurrent attacks, back off on hot sauces and even better. Had a bad attack and nothing seems to help and doesn't want to go away. Wind up taking a large dose of Calcium Magnesium and potasium to stop muscle twitch as experiment, symtoms disappear. Symptoms come back. Take calcium, magnesium and potasium, problem goes away and it seems to continue to work. Never relapsed into a bad state since.

    What I think happened. Spasm in small intestine, likely due to low electrolite levels. Very slow movement allowed a bad infection to occur in the gut, gut became perforated. Food leaks into abdominal cavity and body reacts. Laculose and senna gets things going again but I still lacked proper nutrients for my body to function properly. Body now views some of the foods consumed during leaky as foriegn and reacts, removing from diet helps. Dietary supplements of Calcium Magnesium and Potasium rectify the problem which created the spasm.
  18. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Arpyman View Post
    I've had serious gut issues that nearly killed me. Not sure about the causes and can only speculate, but I can tell you about my situation and how I coped with it. Hopefully, there might be some good that my experiences can do. I'll make it brief as I can.
    Developed back ache with pain in groin area, and got it checked by docs. Can't find anything wrong. Gets worse. Docs can't find anthing wrong. Become constipated. Gets worse. Go to docs several times. Nothing wrong they say. Get to the point that it's almost impossible to pass anything and I'm in extreme pain almost unable to work. Refered to specialists and tested multiple times. Diagnosis is nothing wrong. Now passing small flakes that soak up water and expand. Back to docs who say that they can't find anything wrong. Almost totally stop passing anything and I'm loosing energy like crazy. I give up on my docs and go to my mom's doc who was real good for her. He gives me Laculose. Helps a bit. I take senna and I get movement. I start alternating between the two and things start to get a bit better. Bad odor like rotting flesh appears accompanied with pain and lasts on and off for 6 mo. Take glutamine, sooths the gut a bit and thing get a bit better but get recurrent attacks. Stop dairy eating products and it clears up more but still have recurrent attacks, back off on hot sauces and even better. Had a bad attack and nothing seems to help and doesn't want to go away. Wind up taking a large dose of Calcium Magnesium and potasium to stop muscle twitch as experiment, symtoms disappear. Symptoms come back. Take calcium, magnesium and potasium, problem goes away and it seems to continue to work. Never relapsed into a bad state since.

    What I think happened. Spasm in small intestine, likely due to low electrolite levels. Very slow movement allowed a bad infection to occur in the gut, gut became perforated. Food leaks into abdominal cavity and body reacts. Laculose and senna gets things going again but I still lacked proper nutrients for my body to function properly. Body now views some of the foods consumed during leaky as foriegn and reacts, removing from diet helps. Dietary supplements of Calcium Magnesium and Potasium rectify the problem which created the spasm.
    Gut permeability and leaky gut. Sounds like you almost had diverticulitis. My mineral balance is probably really weak. Not only is my gut flora bad, my whole system is probably not so good. After this trial period for this product is done i'm going to be using transdermal magnesium to help relax my muscles. I'm pretty sure my potasium intake is okay, as I only eat sweet potatoes for carbs usually. Calcium might be a problem for me to get because I dont eat any dairy, but I think as long as I keep my vit D levels high and supp with a little calcium (around 50% of the daily recommended dosage) I should be okay.

    Thanks for your story man, and I hope you don't get any relapses. Definitely, had that episode b4 though. About the blood, and the smell.... Docs tell me nothing is wrong... eat more fiber, more whole wheat... little do they know I slowly have been upping my fiber to around 100g a day and still nothing.... sucked....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  19. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I changed up the dosing protocol time wise. Changed it to night time dosing. Either that was the magic or it finally kicked in because after my Sunday run in with the bloody baron I must say everything cleared up nicely and I am feeling a lot less horrible after eating. I usually feel semi sick after eating most foods. Actually, I never notice this till yesterday. After eating I actually felt revitalized. Usually I feel kinda bummed and want to just eat more. I always thought that was normal. Odd. Even now after my post workout meal I feel great!

    Also, the bowel movements were quick and painless!! I have another bottle of gut health coming and will continue to log even after this sponsored bottle runs out! I'm impressed!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  20. Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Rep Power
    204202
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I changed up the dosing protocol time wise. Changed it to night time dosing. Either that was the magic or it finally kicked in because after my Sunday run in with the bloody baron I must say everything cleared up nicely and I am feeling a lot less horrible after eating. I usually feel semi sick after eating most foods. Actually, I never notice this till yesterday. After eating I actually felt revitalized. Usually I feel kinda bummed and want to just eat more. I always thought that was normal. Odd. Even now after my post workout meal I feel great!

    Also, the bowel movements were quick and painless!! I have another bottle of gut health coming and will continue to log even after this sponsored bottle runs out! I'm impressed!!
    this is why i actually advocate the bedtime dosing... i had experience with GH back when it was manufactured under RPN and didn't notice too much in terms of benefits with a morning dose.

    after it was re-released, i immediately took to a pre-bed dosing and reaped the rewards.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  21. Official Genomyx Wizard
    itzDodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    2604
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I'm pretty sure my potasium intake is okay, as I only eat sweet potatoes for carbs usually. Calcium might be a problem for me to get because I dont eat any dairy, but I think as long as I keep my vit D levels high and supp with a little calcium (around 50% of the daily recommended dosage) I should be okay.
    Aim for the minimum recommended man calcium is important for a lot of things. More so for lifters muscle contractions and bone strength

  22. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Aim for the minimum recommended man calcium is important for a lot of things. More so for lifters muscle contractions and bone strength
    Very true, sometimes i forget about the different mineral cascades... I think it came from feeling of having a lack of magnesium that I tried to avoid calcium...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  23. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    So far I have noticed two things on this cycle of gut health. The first i noticed was the feeling after eating. I felt energized and felt like my food went into my stomach and got changed into energy.

    Second, just noticed the past day or so, was that the bump in my stomach after eating is going down. Like Im balancing out my weird puffiness after eating. And the puffiness has gone down.

    Gas has also gone down a bit, though I'm rarely gassy. This is a good thing.
    Like I said I am running two bottles of this stuff so hopefully it gets better soon
    RecoverBro ELITE
  24. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Well one things for sure Gut health doesn't "fix" gluten intolerance lol.

    Not that I was trying to test it. Went over to my mother inlaws house and she made stew. Sadly, i didn't know there was flour used to thicken it. I had a mean reaction and was pretty much bloated and "sweating" from my belly button for 2 days... My body though has recovered faster than ever from it. Instead of usually taking around a week to clear up, it seems to have subsided (most of the problems). I still feel a bit sick and my lower stomach area feels swollen but at least the pain is gone. My second bottle came in so I'm all ready to continue this. I'm about 8 caps away from starting the second bottle. Hopefully this small run in with flour doesn't negate all the gut healing I had in the past couple weeks...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  25. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Okay, I have gone through one bottle.
    One thing I notice is I dont' feel "bad" after eating, this came relatively fast. Aside from this I haven't noticed much. Still have trouble digesting I feel. Bowel movements are REALLY bad. I'm not sure if it's because I tried to add a bit more veggies these past couple weeks that I didn't drop off the kids in the pool for 6 days... Common though for me.
    I'm starting a second bottle. Figure this stuff takes time.

    I hope you all read the Gut health write up. Its very long, but very informative.

    http://genomyx.com/downloads/Gut_Health%5B1%5D.pdf
    RecoverBro ELITE
  26. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Bottle 2: Week 2

    Okay, It seems now that everything is better. Gas is still bad though, but I have determined that gas comes with milk consumption.. I don't think that can be helped in my case.... Seeing other than that I am basically gas free. My bowel movements improved a lot. And I feel better after most meals now. I was sort of getting that drained feeling after eating but I blame that on my gluten exposure earlier last month. I'd say if you run this, buy 2 bottles. I wish there was some kind of special on two. I think it's best to be run over a longer period as nothing SOLID took place until week 3. I know it was around this time because I almost forgot to take the supp. Usually I will remember because I REALLY want it to work lol.

    I'll update again later. Any questions? Please ask! I will keep this log going as much as possible.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  27. Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    115217
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    53.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Bottle 2: Week 2

    Okay, It seems now that everything is better. Gas is still bad though, but I have determined that gas comes with milk consumption.. I don't think that can be helped in my case.... Seeing other than that I am basically gas free. My bowel movements improved a lot. And I feel better after most meals now. I was sort of getting that drained feeling after eating but I blame that on my gluten exposure earlier last month. I'd say if you run this, buy 2 bottles. I wish there was some kind of special on two. I think it's best to be run over a longer period as nothing SOLID took place until week 3. I know it was around this time because I almost forgot to take the supp. Usually I will remember because I REALLY want it to work lol.

    I'll update again later. Any questions? Please ask! I will keep this log going as much as possible.
    Good review so far. I started noticing a huge improvement in week 2 myself but your right. It does take time for you clearly notice the benefits.
  28. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hmm another pretty good update: Noticing a lot more rumbling in my tummy when I eat. Could be enhanced digestion? Specifically higher protein based meals. 60/20/20 of protein/carb (veggies)/fat. No bloating from it either. Also, passage has improved dramatically to once a day... versus the once every 4 days.

    read in another log about doubling up on bad days... I wonder if some ppl just need like a heavier dose... can these "colonies" be like young/not developed? So they need more upkeep? lol It seems like maybe they are there fighting a losing war in my gut and perhaps need reinforcements more often haha. But I definitely am feeling MUCH better. Diet has pretty much stayed the same. (cyclical dieter by nature but same cycle since start to finish and I noticed improvements near the end. Which is odd because towards the end most of the food comes from protein i.e. harder to digest/process).

    Also.... I can drink casein protein... I could NEVER do that before...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  29. Official Genomyx Wizard
    itzDodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    2604
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Also.... I can drink casein protein... I could NEVER do that before...
    Dude thats awesome! I hear what you're saying and I'm not too well versed in the back ground of Gut Health just yet but to my understanding the colonies should be relatively self sustaining at 1 cap a day. I think the load is the progressive period where we have to over dose to build up the colonies so they can survive on their own. Regardless it sounds like you're certainly reaping the rewards of a repaired gut!

    I really need to get some back into my routine, this high volume routine has caused me to up my protein intake a lot and my roommates aren't appreciative of this high protein lifestyle lol

  30. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Dude thats awesome! I hear what you're saying and I'm not too well versed in the back ground of Gut Health just yet but to my understanding the colonies should be relatively self sustaining at 1 cap a day. I think the load is the progressive period where we have to over dose to build up the colonies so they can survive on their own. Regardless it sounds like you're certainly reaping the rewards of a repaired gut!

    I really need to get some back into my routine, this high volume routine has caused me to up my protein intake a lot and my roommates aren't appreciative of this high protein lifestyle lol
    Haha, yea but I feel it gets REALLY bad when I increase the rice... (sugar for sure doesnt really add to the odor, but man the volume.... lol)

    Gut inflammation can be caused by training. So I see no reason why ANYONE training shouldn't be on at least probiotics. Or at least cycle this stuff in. I only started believing this now though.. as I training for over 1 year screwed my gut/digestional system and now.. i feel... better... haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  31. Official Genomyx Wizard
    itzDodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    2604
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Haha, yea but I feel it gets REALLY bad when I increase the rice... (sugar for sure doesnt really add to the odor, but man the volume.... lol)

    Gut inflammation can be caused by training. So I see no reason why ANYONE training shouldn't be on at least probiotics. Or at least cycle this stuff in. I only started believing this now though.. as I training for over 1 year screwed my gut/digestional system and now.. i feel... better... haha.
    Yah but the line doesn't stop at feeling good, probiotics should actually improve nutrient absorption and positively impacts the immune system as well. Things like increased sensitivity to stimulants are also reported. Probiotics are something that most wouldn't look at and directly link to good physical health but more like quality bathroom visits, hopefully we can aware more as time goes on

  32. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251878
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Even my morning coffee has been more effective. I became a believer and was looking to add in a probiotic complex then started Gut Health. Great thread.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  33. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Even my morning coffee has been more effective. I became a believer and was looking to add in a probiotic complex then started Gut Health. Great thread.
    About the stim effectiveness... I must say... I noticed it a while ago but never thought it could be this...
    I went from heavy dosing stims sometimes twice a day to only needing one scoop of White flood... down from full dosages of Lit-up stacked with stim fat burner... sometimes id use a preworkout drink as a midday "booster"... now one scoop of whilte flood and i'm pretty much all good to go... man I'm going to have to add this to the next supp order...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  34. Board Sponsor
    Ajerone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    27450
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    24.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    About the stim effectiveness... I must say... I noticed it a while ago but never thought it could be this...
    I went from heavy dosing stims sometimes twice a day to only needing one scoop of White flood... down from full dosages of Lit-up stacked with stim fat burner... sometimes id use a preworkout drink as a midday "booster"... now one scoop of whilte flood and i'm pretty much all good to go... man I'm going to have to add this to the next supp order...
    I noticed this too...I always dosed my Gut Health alongside my pre-wo on an empty stomach and noticed increased effectiveness. Not sure why, but there must be a relationship there with the increased absorption.
  35. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    I noticed this too...I always dosed my Gut Health alongside my pre-wo on an empty stomach and noticed increased effectiveness. Not sure why, but there must be a relationship there with the increased absorption.
    overall better absorption Id ponder. I love it though lol. makes everything work at a much lower dose. Just that saves me A LOT of money! Im running low on Gut health too... well I am into my second bottle... and I dont want to run out!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  36. Board Sponsor
    Ajerone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    27450
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    24.03%

    Maybe some of the genious minds in this thread could investigate the relationship between increased absorption and stimulant tolerance? It is most definitely a reality for me, and as I have been reading, for many users!

    Could also be something to do with the fact that my body with Gut Health becomes more efficient at processing, absorbing, much more than just nutrients, but stimulants as well. Curious to investigate...
  37. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251878
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    Maybe some of the genious minds in this thread could investigate the relationship between increased absorption and stimulant tolerance? It is most definitely a reality for me, and as I have been reading, for many users!

    Could also be something to do with the fact that my body with Gut Health becomes more efficient at processing, absorbing, much more than just nutrients, but stimulants as well. Curious to investigate...
    I would gladly as It is something Ive been experiencing myself and curious to know the mechanism. Unfortunately Im so tied up in getting the lease done on my next apartment its consuming all my time
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  38. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone
    Maybe some of the genious minds in this thread could investigate the relationship between increased absorption and stimulant tolerance? It is most definitely a reality for me, and as I have been reading, for many users!

    Could also be something to do with the fact that my body with Gut Health becomes more efficient at processing, absorbing, much more than just nutrients, but stimulants as well. Curious to investigate...
    How would one even begin to test this?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  39. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251878
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well the personal experience part would be rather subjective and user dependent.

    I think what hes looking for is some physiological information
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  40. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335101
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Well the personal experience part would be rather subjective and user dependent.

    I think what hes looking for is some physiological information
    Ah. I see. Beyond the scope of my ability lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Ulitmate Joint Repair and Muscle Repair Cream
    By LG Sciences in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:52 AM
  2. IGF-1 Ec and tendon repair
    By glipp in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 01:06 AM
  3. Health Canada Approves Several Health Claims for Tea
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in