Bruno's Burnin With Needtobuildmuscle N2BURN!

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
I hope you're all ready to get singed because I just got my bottle of NeedToBuildMuscle's N2-Burn! Follow along as I shed off some fat and get a nice toasty winter burn :p

Goal: Maintain weight within 5lbs of starting weight while losing 2-4% bodyfat.

Dosage: I will be dosing at 2 caps on waking and then 1-2 caps 6-8 hours later. This will last between 3-4 weeks.

Other Supplements:
Combat Powder
Assault
Recon
BulletProof
Armor-V

Beginning Stats:
Height: 6' 4"
Fasted Morning Weight: 196
Mid-Day Weight: 200
BF%: (Will update in morning at gym)

Measurements:
Neck: 15.5"
Upper Arms (Biceps): 13.5"
Forearms: 11.5"
Chest: 39.5"
Waist: 36 1/2"
Hips: 39"
Thighs: 24"
Calfs: 15"

Nutritional Summary:
I cycle my calories and macro nutrients on a daily basis. Protein and fat intake remain pretty constant at 1g/lb of body weight for protein per day and between 90-120g of healthy fats per day.
(EDIT: IT'S BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THIS IS SIMILAR TO A LEAN GAINS DIET, I WILL LOOK INTO LEAN GAINS AND SEE IF ITS BENEFICIAL TO FOLLOW ITS PHILOSOPHIES/GUIDELINES.)

For instance:
Day 1 (Heavy Workout Chest/Back): 3000-3200 cals
Day 2 (Rest Day/Light Cardio): 2200-2300 cals
Day 3 (Heavy Workout Legs/Abs): 3000-3200 cals
Day 4 (Rest Day): 2000-2200 cals
Day 5 (Moderate Workout Arms/Shoulders): 2500-2800 cals
Day 6 (Rest Day /Moderate Cardio): 2000-2200 cals
Etc...

Workout Routine:

Day 1 - Chest and Back

Barbell Bench Press 10-8-6-4
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 10-8-6
Dumbbell Flys 10-8-6
Deadlift 10-8-6-4
Lat Pulldown 10-8-6
Seated Cable Row 10-8-6
Swiss Ball Crunch 15-15-15

Day 2 - Legs and Abs

Barbell Squat 10-8-6-4
Leg Press10-8-6
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 10-8-6
Leg Curls 10-8-6
Calf Raises 10-10-10
Swiss Ball Crunch 10-10-10
Hanging Leg Raises 10-10-10
Side Bends 10-10-10

Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms

Seated Dumbbell Press 10-8-6-4
Lateral Raises 10-8-6
Rear Delt Raise 10-10-10
Barbell Curls 10-8-6
Alternating Dumbbell Curls 10-8-6
Dips 10-8-6
Triceps Pushdown 10-8-6

Last edited:
cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Reserved for Before/After Pictures and Stats

Eyecandy:

Attachments

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
Ill ride along, any idea what your starting bf% is at? Just curious

goodluck man!

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
I'm not sure, I have been scouring the house for my calipers but can't find them. I may just go buy a new pair or measure at the gym tomorrow.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subd in for the ride bro. Losing 2-4% is a big goal while trying to stay within 5 lbs of starting weight in a limited time, but it can be done! Good luck brother and cant wait to see how N2Burn treats you! How do you have your diet and training lined up?

Bigjoe214

Bigjoe214

Awards
Good luck man.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fry time!!

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Subbed bro and I look forward to your results, That is what I would like for me when I use N2Burn next month. I dont want to lose much weight, however, like you, I want to lose more bodyfat. staying within 5 pounds would be very reasonable and I wish you luck with that. I see Rick already asked it, but I will to, how are you running your diet, caleries, meals, etc..Have a good day and thank you for giving this a run..SJ

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
I have the detailed layout on my iPad but to summarize it I cycle my calories and macro nutrients on a daily basis. Protein and fat intake remain pretty constant at 1g/lb of body weight for protein per day and between 90-120g of healthy fats per day.

For instance:
Day 1 (Heavy Workout Chest/Back): 3000-3200 cals
Day 2 (Rest Day/Light Cardio): 2200-2300 cals
Day 3 (Heavy Workout Legs/Abs): 3000-3200 cals
Day 4 (Rest Day): 2000-2200 cals
Day 5 (Moderate Workout Arms/Shoulders): 2500-2800 cals
Day 6 (Rest Day /Light Cardio): 2000-2200 cals
Etc...

I just weighed in at 196 on an empty stomach at doctors office this morming. I will update 1st post and bodyfat % soon. I've already taken before pics and think I may post them at end in comparison shots.

I'll also post detailed workout routine in a hour or so when I get to my next clients house.

Thank you for following along and giving support everyone!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This a lean gains protocol cuz you numbers look like it is...

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Haha is it? Maybe I will look into it I have honestly been following what my body tells me and what makes me feel good lol. Its all pretty healthy with an occasional 'bad' meal. I was under the impression for some reason that lean gains was a more extreme CKD diet but I haven't read up on it yet.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha is it? Maybe I will look into it I have honestly been following what my body tells me and what makes me feel good lol. Its all pretty healthy with an occasional 'bad' meal. I was under the impression for some reason that lean gains was a more extreme CKD diet but I haven't read up on it yet.
Well the cals look like it the macros are pretty much individual... the rest is just timing...

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Timing? Interesting... I've been getting closer and closer to finding what works best for me but it's so hard to hit the nail on the head when it comes to nutrient timing. I've felt a lot healthier and energetic by eating smaller portioned meals more often versus the typical 3 big meals a day. Is the lean gains diet substantiated by some decent research behind it? I don't like hopping on something just because it's popular at the time. When I get time today or tonight I'll look in depth into it and see if it sounds like something that would work for me.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Also, just to give an update I took my 1st dose of 2 pills this morning on waking. Took about 1 hour for me to feel noticeable effects which was perfect for my wake up routine of showering/shaving/preparing my work.

I have felt slightly warm all over especially in the upper chest/shoulders and head area. I haven't worked up to much of a sweat which is nice because I don't like the gross feeling. I have to note that the most noticeable effect so far has been a constant stream of energy and more importantly I have felt extremely focused. I'd have to describe it as if drinking a cup of coffee without the uncomfortable tweaker jitters :p

ALSO FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH DIET OUTLINE AND WORKOUT ROUTINE!!!!

MSF

Awards
I'm in. Good Luck.
Mike,

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 1

Timing:
2 pills @ 8:15am
2 pills @ 3:00pm

Summary:

First Dose:
Took first dose after waking and noticeable effects kicked in after 1 hour. Increased body temp especially in upper torso area and head. Constant stream of energy without any major fluctuations or jitters. Best effect of all was increased focus and mental agility. Most surprising of all was that energy and mental focus only slightly subsided by the time of second dose. No downsides noticed.

Second Dose:
Second dose taken in afternoon after small snack (300cals). Heat effect was minimal, however once again energy and mental focus were substantially increased. Had planned to use a full scoop of Pre-WO mix, but my body felt wired and ready to go for the workout so I only took a half scoop. Workout ended up being surprisingly good even with my light amount of calories previously ingested. One side effect noticed 2 hours after second dose. Several strong liquidy bowel movements (as gross as it is to mention :sorry:) To put it lightly, if someone had chosen to flush Mr.Goldfish down the toilet, said goldfish would be in hell.

Workout:

DB Shoulder Press - 25x10, 30x8, 40x6, 45x4
DB Lateral Raise - 10x10, 10x10, 15x8
DB Rear Delt Row - 50x8, 55x6, 60x6
Barbell Curl - 40x10, 50x8, 60x8
DB Alternating Bicep Curl - 20x8, 25x6, 30x6
Cable Triceps Pushdown - 70x10, 90x8, 120x6
Seated Deltoid Flys (Threw these in for fun) - 90x10, 120x8, 150x6

Nutrition:
Unfortunately I had several unexpected clients I had to visit today so my diet wasn't really anywhere I would've liked it to be or anything like what you'll typically see throughout the log.

Also, here's a schoolbus after the driver took some N2-Burn...:lmao:

Attachments

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
very weird diet you got there dude.... very weird indeed.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
hahaha, i just see bacon guda cheese, then double chocolate crunch something.... cool app though haha

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
:lmao: I forgot it cuts the end of the food off. It was bacon, egg, gouda breakfast sandwich and a protein bar. Yeah ithe app has been a lifesaver in monitoring my diet.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
<------ still stuck with a flip phone.... one of these days maybe ill get with the program

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Stay with it, I have some "smart"phone that i should've never gotten. I've been through 5 replacements thanks to the gym and my clumsiness hahaha. Thank god for insurance.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice stuff in here bro! Lol@ bus pic. Keeping the diet in check I see. Keep shredding!

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Haha for sure...I'm considering Lean Gains considering my diet is currently only a step away from it as it is. All I would realistically need to adjust is my timing. I'm still not 100% on lean gains though and how it works. Does anyone have any knowledge/input on it? My body already naturally works better off of eating in the afternoon, however I'm just confused on the overall philosophy and intricacies of it. I need some time to sit on it and consider if it would work for me but it just seems confusing to me haha.

In the meantime check out this delicious ass omelette I made this afternoon :p I don't mean to pat myself on the back but DAMN I'm getting good at cooking.

Mmmmm mmmmmm haha. **** me I spend so much time at home, I need something to do.

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 2

Timing:
2 pills @ 10:15am

Summary:

First Dose:
I took my 1st dose today at 10:15 after waking. I ingested 2 liters of water this morning after the dose, was very thirsty for some reason. I felt the same slightly increased body temperature although today it was very light. I have to say that where N2 Burn really shines for me is in the energy/focus deprtment. I haven't felt this much cognitive focus in quite a long time. I also didn't get the slightest bit of hunger pains until 1:30pm so I cooked up a nice big delicious omelette haha. I have to mention that if someone had watched me in that kitchen I would've looked like I was on speed. I was talking to myself and flying from one place to the other, SO MUCH ENERGY!!!!!!

Second Dose:
Took second dose of 2 pills at 3pm, exactly one hour after my 1200cal meal. Absolutely no noticeable thermogenic effects this time however my energy continued on. I am starting to notice the appetite suppression on this as it was tough to eat my 2nd meal of the day at 545. I was not even remotely hungry, I just ate because I knew I should.

Workout:
Rest day :))

Nutrition:
I'm going to start posting pics of some of the meals I make just to prove that you can eat the crazy good **** I do and still lose fat on this haha. I already posted my omelette earlier ;)

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's an odd macro ratio more fat than protein...

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
Day 2

Timing:
2 pills @ 10:15am

Summary:

First Dose:
I took my 1st dose today at 10:15 after waking. I ingested 2 liters of water this morning after the dose, was very thirsty for some reason. I felt the same slightly increased body temperature although today it was very light. I have to say that where N2 Burn really shines for me is in the energy/focus deprtment. I haven't felt this much cognitive focus in quite a long time. I also didn't get the slightest bit of hunger pains until 1:30pm so I cooked up a nice big delicious omelette haha. I have to mention that if someone had watched me in that kitchen I would've looked like I was on speed. I was talking to myself and flying from one place to the other, SO MUCH ENERGY!!!!!!

Second Dose:
Took second dose of 2 pills at 3pm, exactly one hour after my 1200cal meal. Absolutely no noticeable thermogenic effects this time however my energy continued on. I am starting to notice the appetite suppression on this as it was tough to eat my 2nd meal of the day at 545. I was not even remotely hungry, I just ate because I knew I should.

Workout:
Rest day :))

Nutrition:
I'm going to start posting pics of some of the meals I make just to prove that you can eat the crazy good **** I do and still lose fat on this haha. I already posted my omelette earlier ;)

you can lose weight eating a slice of cake a day too if you wish, but you wont be keeping much muscle :) why not up the protein and drop the fats?

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Haha good point. Usually protein is around 200g a day but I have been slacking last 3-4 days.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Timing:

Summary:

First Dose:
Took first dose after waking and noticeable effects kicked in after 1 hour. Increased body temp especially in upper torso area and head. Constant stream of energy without any major fluctuations or jitters. Best effect of all was increased focus and mental agility. Most surprising of all was that energy and mental focus only slightly subsided by the time of second dose. No downsides noticed.

Second Dose:
Second dose taken in afternoon after small snack (300cals). Heat effect was minimal, however once again energy and mental focus were substantially increased. Had planned to use a full scoop of Pre-WO mix, but my body felt wired and ready to go for the workout so I only took a half scoop. Workout ended up being surprisingly good even with my light amount of calories previously ingested. One side effect noticed 2 hours after second dose. Several strong liquidy bowel movements (as gross as it is to mention :sorry:) To put it lightly, if someone had chosen to flush Mr.Goldfish down the toilet, said goldfish would be in hell.

Workout:

DB Shoulder Press - 25x10, 30x8, 40x6, 45x4
DB Lateral Raise - 10x10, 10x10, 15x8
DB Rear Delt Row - 50x8, 55x6, 60x6
Barbell Curl - 40x10, 50x8, 60x8
DB Alternating Bicep Curl - 20x8, 25x6, 30x6
Cable Triceps Pushdown - 70x10, 90x8, 120x6
Seated Deltoid Flys (Threw these in for fun) - 90x10, 120x8, 150x6

Nutrition:
Unfortunately I had several unexpected clients I had to visit today so my diet wasn't really anywhere I would've liked it to be or anything like what you'll typically see throughout the log.

Also, here's a schoolbus after the driver took some N2-Burn...:lmao:
I like the layout of your diet log track

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Thank you! I hope it's detailed enough for those following along.

On a side note here's my favorite meal of the day.....

Attachments

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you! I hope it's detailed enough for those following along.

On a side note here's my favorite meal of the day.....
On my phone so I can't see it well. What is that? Ground chicken?

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
On my phone so I can't see it well. What is that? Ground chicken?
I made some crazy ass tuna stir fry out of all the things I could find in the kitchen haha. It turned out to be ridiculously good. All the ingredients will be in the nutrition log at the end of the day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made some crazy ass tuna stir fry out of all the things I could find in the kitchen haha. It turned out to be ridiculously good. All the ingredients will be in the nutrition log at the end of the day.
Haha. Sounds good. Looks like you found a new treat. :)

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
Looks like an awesome way to prepare tuna.. howd you cook it? Could always use a new tuna recipe

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Looks like an awesome way to prepare tuna.. howd you cook it? Could always use a new tuna recipe
Take note you can simplify this by just using rice, tuna, and some veggie but I doubt it would taste as good ;)

Ingredients:
12oz can of tuna (costco, although any amount really works, just depends how much protein you want)
2 cups Trader Joes Frozen Brown Rice
3 Extra Large Eggs (I used Brown, Omega 3)
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil (Adjust depending on how many veggies you mix in)

Vegetables - You can use anything you want here, I used the following:
1 cup chopped Broccoli
2 cups Spinach Leaves
5 oz Shelled Edamame
3-5 Tbsp Soyaki sauce (Adds Flavor)

You can always toss some hot sauce on here as well, that Red **** sauce (Not actual name but it has a rooster logo) you see at asian restaurants works great! Onions would probably be great in here too!

I placed olive oil in a large saucepan then poured rice into the pan, started cooking on medium-low heat with the pan covered for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. After 5-minutes added the tuna and continued stirring occasionally on low heat. The idea is to mix it all up so the olive oil covers all of the rice and everything is cooked evenly.

After another 5-10 minutes on low heat I added in broccoli, stirred it around then added in spinach leaves and finally edamame. Once you stir these in, cover for 2-minutes so that vegetables can really soak in the flavor and heat.

I then spread the rice around so there was room for an egg in the middle, added the egg, let it cook for 30 seconds or so and mixed it around the rice. I repeated this with all 3 eggs. This gave the whole stir-fry a nice creamy texture and flavor (A lot better than it tasting dry). For good measure I covered the pan and let it cook for another 3 minutes to make sure the eggs were completely cooked through. Added a few tablespoons of soyaki sauce (teriyaki sauce equivalent) and mixed it around then served.

This should make enough to feed you for 3 seperate meals. Totaled out at 1600kcals, 60g fat, 145g carbs, 120g protein. All pretty healthy to boot.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 3
I want to note that I am recieving a new scale I ordered tomorrow so I'll be able to start logging weight on a daily basis. My previous one gave far to inconsistent results to be trusted.

Timing:
2 pills @ 9:45am
2 pills @ 2:30pm

Summary:

First Dose:
As usual I took my first dose on waking. No noted thermogenic effect but the energy came as it has been. Today was strange though; it was almost as if the energy was coming in waves. I started out with an intense burst lasting close to 45 minutes followed by a much more mellow buzz of energy lasting 2 hours. What was really strange to me was that another burst of energy came for another 30-40 minutes. This was all very apparent considering I was simply reading and cleaning around the house. No noted side effects.

Second Dose:
Took my second dose roughly 15-20 minutes before my 1st meal of the day. I can't say I noticed any effects off of this dose, be it thermogenic, energy wise, or mentally speaking. You could argue that I didn't have a "carb crash" after my meal so perhaps it was simply working against the meal. Once again, and this is getting to be a great feature, no noted side effects.

Workout: I decided to get some cardio and light ab work in today.
Stairmaster - 15 min, 1.2 miles
DB Side Bend - 40x12, 50x10, 55x10
Crunches - 15, 15, 15
Hanging Leg Raises - 10, 10, 10
Lying Leg Raises - 8, 8, 8

Nutrition:
My post above has pics and recipe of a ****in delicious stir fry I made. It's gonna be a staple from now on haha.

I don't know what this girl's face looks like, but I'm inclined to not care...

Attachments

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice detail in this log so far bro! Loving it! Everything looks to be going pretty well. I would still increase your protein further and try to get to 200g if possible. Other than that, nice work!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't weight yourself once a day....that's just not a good idea IMO.....I would do it once a week first thing in the morning....typically before a cheat

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
I wouldn't weight yourself once a day....that's just not a good idea IMO.....I would do it once a week first thing in the morning....typically before a cheat
I feel the same way for psychological reasons, justthought it might be nice for more detail.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
I'm still here :) Just out working in Palm Springs right now for a **** ton of clients. I will hopefully update by tonight!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah once or twice a week at the same time under the same conditions is the way to go to measure progress weight wise and then compare what you see on the scale to what you see in the mirror. The scale is just more of a second check.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 4

Timing:
2 pills @ 10:45am
2 pills @ 4:00pm

Summary:

First Dose:
Today I did something a bit different and took my first dose about 90 minutes after waking. I had to drive a long way and figured the extra energy would be nice. At first I felt like Jason Statham in Crank while I was driving but it died down after 40 minutes then I just kind of mellowed out for the 2.5 hour drive until my second dose later on in the day. Bob Marley's music is to blame :p

Second Dose:
My energy subsided pretty early on today and only came back lightly after my second dose. I think I truly see effects of this when I'm moving or doing a lot of physical activity, not so much when I have to stay still. No thermogenic or mental effect whatsoever. No sides noted!

Workout:
This was supposed to be a workout day but it looks like my workouts are getting pushed to Sunday since there are no ****ing LA fitness gyms around here and I need to stay in Palm Springs till Sunday.

Nutrition:
I made the mistake of beginning to chow down for a workout day but then I found out about my gym situation....

Attachments

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks about the gym situation. I'm sure it will be nice when you can get back to one. Good to see you still enjoying the N2Burn!

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 5

Timing:
1 pills @ 2:00pm

Summary:

First Dose:
Lots of work to do today! Took 2 pills first thing in the AM, had a great energy and focus effect. I believe a combination of the heat and these pills led to a ****ing ridiculous thermogenic effect as well. I was a walking flood today and as much as I hate to admit it, I got some serious body odor. The scary thing is it continued even in an air conditioned house...

Second Dose:
Due to the strong effects today I only took one pill around lunch time. Thermogenic and focus continued on but my energy diminished to what felt like typical baseline levels.

Workout:
Rest day, unfortunately...

Nutrition:
Pretty decent today, just a moderate calorie day. I'm gonna destroy the gym when I get back home I'm craving some weights!!!!

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I can't imagine the thermo with this stuff in a heated environment like that...

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Man i just got home.....so ****in late and im tired. Ill update the last two days after i go into a miniature coma for now hahah

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 6

Timing:
2 pills @ 8:35am
1 pills @ 3:00pm

Summary:

First Dose:
I had a bad night of sleep last night and woke up very groggy and pissed off with a headache to top it all off. Popped my pills roughly 15 minutes after waking up then started getting ready. Energy came on very lightly today and focus was there but I couldn't shake the headache. In fact my headache started getting worse even with copius amounts of water. Thermogenic effect was very apparent and got much stronger once I went outside. The energy and focus picked up so I managed even with the headache until my second dose.

Second Dose:
Due to my headache I only took 1 pill and kept toughing it out. My head started to hurt pretty ****ing bad by 5:00pm, felt like a migraine so I tried taking it very easy today. It's tough to say if the headache/migraine is from the pills or my body's reaction to a sudden change in climate from 65 degree weather to 104 degree weather. We'll see as time goes on.

Workout:
Still in Palm Springs

Nutrition:
It's been rough out here on my diet. It'll get back in gear once I'm home.

Attachments