CT shoots, swings, and lifts with Athletix Sports - sponsored

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to my Athletix sponsored log :). I am super excited the products have arrived and I cannot express how ready I am to get roaring. Thank you to JD and the Athletix team for choosing me to run this for them!!

For a bit about me right now and my journey ahead, I am really out of shape. Within the last year i've received my first Executive Sous Chef title and then just a few months ago received my first Executive Chef title and i've been spending 60+ hours per week in the kitchen. With all that time around delicious food that's bad for you mixed with lack of time to train and decent amount of exhaustion from lack of sleep....it leads to a poor outlook. My goals are simply to shed some weight, tighten up some areas, add more strength, and make myself more mobile for everyday life to play with my 3 children.

Today for the day before the log begins I was at the gym and did 4 sets of squats at 2 plates, 4 sets of bench at 1 plate, 4 sets of plate raises and rotations with a 10lb weight for 12 reps each direction, and I hit the heavy bag and speed bag for 3 rounds each of 3 minutes. Got the blood flowing nicely before heading in for an 11 hour shift at work.

So yeah.....I will layout my supplement timing, more in depth goals, and nutritional goals (even though I can't help having to taste my products before plating) all in the next few posts. Thank you for coming along to aid in my journey :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I just lost my whole post. damnit.

guess i'll start re-typing. ugh.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Okay so here is my suggested dosing protocol for anyone who is interested to see what i'm running. For anyone who didn't know, i'm actually running an 8 week log and i'm also incorporating some other products that were won from previous contests (like some Erase from PES). Here is what the 8 weeks are going to look like. I will probably also use a multi like MST's Mvp365 during the log and some Zmk...but other than that i'm really going to try and stick to the products as much as possible to avoid any skewed results.

Dosing protocol

TitaniumXL- 1 cap 3x a day (6 weeks), then 2 caps 2x a day for 2 weeks.
Erase- 1 cap 2x a day *not starting til the beginning of the 3rd week*
Division 1- 1 cap, 3x a day. *not starting til the beginning of the 3rd week*
Formula-X- 1 scoop pre-workout on training days, 1 scoop pre-bed on non-training days.

Today was crap. It was my "cheat meal" day so I knew my nutrition would be off, but I had to take my son to the hospital and we got some potentially bad news so it was a real emotional day at home and I never made the gym. I am planning to do some yoga or something similar tonight, but who knows. After my few Blue Moon's I tacked on to my cheat meal....dunno if i'll feel much like stretching lol

side note : Formula X is freaking delicious. I would drink that stuff with my meals everyday if I could. I used a shaker bottle and mixed one scoop with about 10oz water and it was like straight lemonade. Love it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheat meal omg my cheat day is so close!!! It's been over 2 months since I had a bad carb lol.

Adamantium was awesome too, I can't wait to try Formula-X, I hear it's even better :D

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very nice stack!! Im jealous!! Lol. Get after ut dude!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Cheat meal omg my cheat day is so close!!! It's been over 2 months since I had a bad carb lol.

Adamantium was awesome too, I can't wait to try Formula-X, I hear it's even better :D
2 months is a helluva feat man, good work. yeah i'm totally serious on formula x too. most companies will say something tastes good and then all you get is a lemony hint over a chemical taste. This stuff is really decent.

thats a nice stack there
Very nice stack!! Im jealous!! Lol. Get after ut dude!!
thanks fellas. Im enjoying it so far. I tasty beverage and a product that is clearly raising my libido on only day 3.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
well days 2 and 3 are in the record books. day 2 I spent the entire day between the pediatrician and the hospital so I didn't get much of a session in sadly. Still took all the doses of the products on timing, but missed my weights. Day 3 (yesterday) I played some hoops for about an hour and a half. I was just shooting around for about 30 minutes and then played a 1 on 1 and then a 3 on 3 with the last hour (half court). Its been too long since i've done that because my legs afterwards were SHOT lol. Im feeling much better today and i'm hoping to get a session in before work. Its tough to get there as much as i'd like because I typically work between 12-14 hours a day and I have my young children I try and spend as much time as possible with. You'll see as the log goes on that it usually leads to some interesting cardio/weight activity that a lot of people don't do.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well days 2 and 3 are in the record books. day 2 I spent the entire day between the pediatrician and the hospital so I didn't get much of a session in sadly. Still took all the doses of the products on timing, but missed my weights. Day 3 (yesterday) I played some hoops for about an hour and a half. I was just shooting around for about 30 minutes and then played a 1 on 1 and then a 3 on 3 with the last hour (half court). Its been too long since i've done that because my legs afterwards were SHOT lol. Im feeling much better today and i'm hoping to get a session in before work. Its tough to get there as much as i'd like because I typically work between 12-14 hours a day and I have my young children I try and spend as much time as possible with. You'll see as the log goes on that it usually leads to some interesting cardio/weight activity that a lot of people don't do.
Damn your one hell of a busy guy! I couldn't even imagine having all that on my plate and trying to figure out how I'm going to fit this and that into my life, I'm guessing you don't get much sleep! :cheers: to the hard work buddy!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
lol whats sleep? really, I honestly usually only get about 5-6 hours a night. Ive gotten used to it by this point so it doesn't even phase me anymore really.

Good session today but i'm beat and need to get my few hours lol. Will post the update in the morning!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 days in and already feeling it.this should be a great log with great stuff to come.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far it seems like every logger has started to feel something by day 3. Right now I'm on Day 4 and I'm feeling pretty damn good.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
days 4-5-6

Ooooooooooooooooooookay sorry for the delay in updating. Things in the culinary world have been intense. Just for a little insight into what I do, i'm the Executive Chef for a company that owns practically half a block on the busiest road in our town. I run the kitchen for 4 restaurants (all of which serve liquor) and for 2 banquet halls (230 seat and 65 seat). I do all the ordering for the front and back of the house for each operation, I do all the costing, and I just finalized a brand new fall/winter menu to be released the first week of october. Never a dull moment haha. Tomorrow night is our wing night specials and we do between 3500 and 5500 wings every monday night on top of the other orders and whatever banquets may be occuring as well.

So on Friday I made the gym for about an hour before I headed into work. Typically an hour only equates to 30 minutes of plate moving though because I do some fairly extensive stretching before and after firstly because i'm out of shape, and secondly because I get so much more sore than anyone i've ever known haha. Even at my physical peak I would get DOMS in my legs for 4 days sometimes. Another reason why i'm excited about Formula X :). I don't want to say anything one way or another yet, but it seems to be aiding in recovery time. No time for Cardio friday, but here's my session. Each of these was done for 4 sets.

Overhead Pulldowns
170x6
Seated Overhead press
110x6
Triceps Extension
110x4
Seated DB Curl
35's x 6

My bi's have been the weakest part of my body my entire life. When everyone I knew was doing curls to try and impress girls with their little biceps bump, I was doing stuff like hang cleans and presses or deadlifts. It's something I am going to start working on a bit once I get some of this flub off me, but for now i'm doing stationary single-double muscle movements until I feel comfortable again, and then it's all in for olympic style lifts, the big 3, and more compound type stuff.

I guess thats all for now. Shockingly enough, I have to go to work.

ps - yesterday was "off" even though I moved a bunch of heavy crap because we had a yard sale, and today will be "off" but i'll be working 12 hours and we'll be getting killed during the football games so it'll be hectic and fast paced the whole time.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update!

Keep up the good work!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Days 7-11

Sorry again for not updating sooner...what a wild week!! Work was crazy as usual and on the weekend alone I worked 38 hours so I was unable to hit the gym at all for days 7 & 8. On day 9 it was just a light day around the house with some bodyweight work and some yoga and stretching. With those days behind me I was happy and sad to move forward. Happy because it was time to get back in the swing, and sad because I have caught a little chest cold. For days 10-11 I did not hit weights, but I was surely active.

On day 10 I worked my half day (Im off one day and one half day per week) and then it was off to my softball game. Every thursday til the snow comes my buddies organize a big pickup softball game and whoever shows that week, plays. I am an ambidextrious hitter and they were pitching me really inside my first few at bats on the right so I switched over and actually hit 2 homers from the left side. haha suckers. It was a lot of fun, a lot of exercise, and Formula X has kept me well recovered

On day 11 (today) I hit up the gym but I met with some buddies of mine. Since I wasn't feeling 100% and they were playing basketball, I decided to join them rather than hit the weights. I played in a couple of half court games and 1 full court game. Man, full court B-Ball with a chest cold is no freakin joke. At the end I was soaked, could barely breathe, and my legs were like jell-o. A good day at the gym :).

Tomorrow morning I am meeting up with a buddy for a session in the weight room before heading to work. Im still in my "warm-up" week's so i'm not looking for big numbers...just to get back into the swing of things. I feel much better, and i'm hyped to be moving forward and having Athletix on my side!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn 38 hours in 2 days is hardcore! Thats why you got a cold, your body was breaking down, good to hear you have pushed through it and Formula-X has helped out overall recovery. Keep up the good work!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Damn 38 hours in 2 days is hardcore! Thats why you got a cold, your body was breaking down, good to hear you have pushed through it and Formula-X has helped out overall recovery. Keep up the good work!
to be fair, when I said the weekend I meant Fri/Sat/Sun, so it was 38 in 3 days, haha. It was still a tough run though and we had a nice busy weekend

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to be fair, when I said the weekend I meant Fri/Sat/Sun, so it was 38 in 3 days, haha. It was still a tough run though and we had a nice busy weekend
Thats still a lot of hours and can really break the body down, I find if I really overtrain I always get sick.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great updates here man your hardcore def take some time to rest in there somewhere

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Had a nice session on the weights this morning, will post up tonight or tomorrow morning :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Days 12 + 13

Alrighty so yesterday morning I hit the gym with my buddy Charlie and did some work. Just hit some different muscle groups, again trying to get my body back into the swing full steam. In another week I will be back in a real routine with some heavy lifts :). Here was yesterday morning

- shot around with the b-ball a bit to get the blood flowing first. all movements had 4 sets finishing with the reps listed.
Leg Press
470 x 8
Calf Raise (on leg press)
470 x 15
Chest Press
150 x 6
Seated Row
210 x 4
Triceps Pushdown
95 x 4

Today was an off day, and tomorrow morning i'm hitting it with my buddy again and his brother. Going to shoot some hoops and hit the weights!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
days 14 and 15

Okay I have to start this one by saying WELCOME TESTOSTERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went into day 14 knowing it was the last day of my first 2 weeks which meant that the following day I was adding in Erase and Division 1 so I was looking forward to adding them in. I went to the gym with all plans of going fairly light and just getting back into the swing of things, and then something happened. The weight I had planned to use for the lifts was just simply too light, and my body wasn't having it. Here are the numbers for the day. Each exercise was done for 4 sets, and the few I "stacked" were cybex machines.

Chest Flyes
210 x 4
Lat Pulldown *full stack - cybex*
230 x 4
Overhead Press *full stack - cybex*
150 x 4
T Bar Rows
115 x 6
DB Curls
35's x 6

then shot some basketball for about 25 minutes as some cardio/cooldown

Yeah....it was a fun day for me. I know those numbers aren't staggering for some of the monsters reading this, haha, but for me they're good.

Day 15 was the first with the new products added in. I didn't feel any change yet, but it's only 1 day. I had a shortened session because I was running a bit late for work, but I got a few things in just to get something in. I went back to light for the day so I didn't overdo it, and because if the weather permits I have my softball game on thursday so I wanted to be fresh.

Hack Squats
135 x 8
Leg Press
250 x 10
Calf Raise (on leg press)
250 x 25

Thats all for now. Tomorrow is slated as an off day, thursday will be softball if the weather allows and weights if not.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update! The Testosterone stack begins!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Great update! The Testosterone stack begins!!!
Im super hyped at this point. I was feeling good with just titanium xl and form x, but now with the add-on's, I can see this is going to be serious :). Im going from my "blast flab" ideas to "cutting fat while going heavy and gaining muscle even if it means gaining weight" plan haha. I am having a ton of trouble focusing on fat loss with all this extra will to lift heavy

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im super hyped at this point. I was feeling good with just titanium xl and form x, but now with the add-on's, I can see this is going to be serious :). Im going from my "blast flab" ideas to "cutting fat while going heavy and gaining muscle even if it means gaining weight" plan haha. I am having a ton of trouble focusing on fat loss with all this extra will to lift heavy
Then when you get lean you will be lifting less and thinking, screw this I'm gaining weight and lifting heavy! Thats what happen to me lol.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well now that i'm utterly pissed off that A-Rod sucks, I guess I should post a long overdue update. First I need to ask a rep a question. if I miss a dose before bed one night, what should I do? Just extend the log another dose or double up somewhere? I missed 2 this week before bed, one due to alcohol consumption and the other due to....uhhh....extra cirricular activity ;)

days 16-24
Day 16 was a day off.

Day 17 I had my halfday at work so I went to play softball that night with the fellas. I am a switch hitter and the field was a bit wet from the night before's rain so I was hitting from the left side since it was more dry in the batter's box. Went 2-4 with a solo shot, so not a bad day really. I made a sick play in the field too, so all was well. Finally starting to feel a bit more into the swing of things.

Day 18
I worked chest and wanted to put in a longer session but had to get into work. Just a few bench sets and some flyes. bench next week i'll be sure to have extra time and really tear it up.

Flat BB Bench
135 x 10
Incline BB bench
135 x 8
Cybex Flyes
230 x 6

I wanted to hit it harder and I am feeling much stronger than before....but didn't have the time.

Days 19+20
Both days were days off. We had our local universities parents' day saturday and an Ironman triathalon in town sunday so we got completely killed at my restaurants/banquet halls the entire weekend. I figured on around 1400 covers for saturday and 1200 for sunday.

day 21
I just did some light yoga to make sure I was loose and limber before work. I knew I had adequate time to lift tuesday so I wasn't too worried.

Day 22
Feeling good! Had a ridiculously awesome session and the soreness that ensued the following day was almost non-existant. I was hyped as all hell.

seated lat pulldown
190 x 4
seated rows
230 x 4
standing face pull
140 x 6
seated db curls
35's x 6
standing high curl machine
130 x 6
hammer curls
40's x 5
reverse curls (forearm)
25's x 6

then ended with about 40 minutes shooting the basketball around. I was hyped about the back/bi session as a whole. I feel completely ready to throw some deadlifts into the mix next week so beware :).

day 23
day off

day 24
today I didn't have much time so I ended up just getting into a game of "21" at the basketball court and then playing a half court game to 15. On court for about 45 minutes and was really sweating good and breathing heavy the whole time. All in all a good day.

Tomorrow is leg day.....stay tuned :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cirricular activity lmao. Great update :D

Yeah if you missed a dose you could take an extra, If you miss XL you could go 2/2/2 dosing, but wouldn't use this dosing for more then a day. Division 1, I wouldn't go over 4 caps in a day. Formula-X there is no problem dosing 2 scoops a day, right now I'm using half scoop pre-workout and 1 scoop Intra-workout.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
cirricular activity lmao. Great update :D

Yeah if you missed a dose you could take an extra, If you miss XL you could go 2/2/2 dosing, but wouldn't use this dosing for more then a day. Division 1, I wouldn't go over 4 caps in a day. Formula-X there is no problem dosing 2 scoops a day, right now I'm using half scoop pre-workout and 1 scoop Intra-workout.
ok awesome. I actually already double dosed form x once haha. I also had today's dose as a single but I mixed a half scoop of the gatorade powder without HFCS in there. What a weird yet awesome taste that was lol

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok awesome. I actually already double dosed form x once haha. I also had today's dose as a single but I mixed a half scoop of the gatorade powder without HFCS in there. What a weird yet awesome taste that was lol
Nice! How did you like the 2 scoops of Formula-X?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Nice! How did you like the 2 scoops of Formula-X?
twice as much as I like one scoop ;)

honestly, I thought it was great. If this wasn't a log and I was running something I purchased....i'd honestly probably take one scoop 30 mins pre and another during my session.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
twice as much as I like one scoop ;)

honestly, I thought it was great. If this wasn't a log and I was running something I purchased....i'd honestly probably take one scoop 30 mins pre and another during my session.
Nice! I havn't tried 2 scoops pre-workout, but 1 scoop pre-workout and 1 scoop intra and Recovery was amazing.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
update coming tomorrow...it's been a crappy couple of days on the training front.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
update coming tomorrow...it's been a crappy couple of days on the training front.
Thats a bummer, hope ya get some get training in tomorrow!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thats a bummer, hope ya get some get training in tomorrow!
I will explain with my update in a bit. Just basically haven't been able to hit it as hard as i've wanted to because i've had people calling out and naturally I have to cover those shifts since i'm running the kitchen, so it's left me working 14 hour days and not getting the gym time in.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh I couldn't imagine doing 14 hour days all the time, I did a 17 hour and a 16 hour in 2 days and I thought I was going to go insane lol

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hows the training and stack going brotha?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hows the training and stack going brotha?
you've probably given up on me at this point :(, i'm sorry there's been a little snag in the logging. I've actually still been getting sessions in and keeping track of everything, and i've been using the products the way I was instructed. I've hit a tough spot at home and i've been trying to get it all sorted out which is why I haven't been posting. I promise I will get an update together for tonight. Lord knows there's a lot to type!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you've probably given up on me at this point :(, i'm sorry there's been a little snag in the logging. I've actually still been getting sessions in and keeping track of everything, and i've been using the products the way I was instructed. I've hit a tough spot at home and i've been trying to get it all sorted out which is why I haven't been posting. I promise I will get an update together for tonight. Lord knows there's a lot to type!!
No worries brotha, I know you have been super busy, at least it's a nice 8 week natty cycle :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No worries brotha, I know you have been super busy, at least it's a nice 8 week natty cycle :D
my strength is steadily climbing really well also. Im excited just to get this stupid update out of the way lol. I ended up at work til almost midnight last night and i'm back in less than an hour now...so I will have to get the detailed report posted tonight haha. Its going to be a novel.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need a vacation!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Okay...finally a minute of my life to get something down here. I really am sorry to anyone reading this and to the reps of Athletix for taking so long to get an update through. I won't let this log slip like this again, thats for sure. I haven't updated now in a ridiculous duration of 18 days. I don't have the exact day's written down, but I do have 7 weightroom sessions and 3 cardio type days in those 18 to post about. I am also heading to the gym after today's post, and tomorrow on my one day off from work I will be chopping wood to heat the house for the next few weeks til I have time to chop some more.

I can tell you that my "inner gym rage" is perfect for where I need to be right now, my strength is up, my s-e-x drive is up (which is insane), and even though I still haven't gotten a full lock on my diet I seem to be thinning in a few areas also. I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks probably, but I don't really believe the scale half the time anyway...I just go off visual and the way clothes are fitting. My muscles feel fuller and even though i'm taking nothing for a "pump", I stay tight in those muscles just about all day after my sessions.

day 1 of missing logging
Flat BB Bench
155 x 8
Incline BB bench
155 x 6
Flat chest flyes
25's x 8
Incline chest flyes
25's x 8
Triceps pushdown
95 x 3
Overhead Triceps extension
110 x 4

day 2
Hack Squats
180 x 8
Leg press
470 x 6
calf raise (on press machine)
470 x 12
walking lunges (db)
50's x 12

day 3
Muscle Snatch
bar x 6
Seated Rows
210 x 4
lat pulldown
130 x 6
T bar row
135 x 6
standing DB curl
25's x 8
hammer curl
25's x 8

day 4
Flat BB Bench
185 x 5
Flat DB flyes
30's x 8
Incline DB flyes
30's x 8
Triceps Pushdown
90 x 6
Overhead Triceps Extension
140 x 5

day 5
Hack squat
180 x 8
Leg Press
470 x 6
calf raise
470 x 15

day 6
unilateral bent row
75's x 8 ea.
seated row
170 x 6
lat pulldown
150 x 6
standing DB curl
25's x 8
hammer curl
25's x 8

On the other days it was straight cardio work. I alternated between full court basketball games, half court basketball games, hitting the speed/heavy bags for 3 minute rounds, and jumping rope.

Today's session may just be a circuit with one bodypart on each so that I don't ruin myself for wood chopping tomorrow. Or maybe i'll get there and just wanna kill it lol. Time will tell.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
update coming today, my apologies on letting it slip a bit again. Work has been busier than ever and I got some bad news at the Dr. so it's been a tough week

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear that, hope all is well.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards