MidwestBeast's Southland Revamp Log (sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big shoutout to Southland for the opportunity to run a sponsored bottle of Revamp.

The quick version is that I had used stims off and on for several years with only a 4 week break in April of 10 and a 5 week break sometime this past Fall. Neither of the breaks from stimulants did anything to reset my sensitivity to them. So, on May 20th, I have started a 12-week run of zero stimulants. I have eclipsed that mark on August 20th and am continuing to go no-stims. For those first 3 months, I ran 3 bottles of Southland's Revamp (out of my own pocket, picked up during the intro sale).

I found out I have hypothyroidism in January of this year and likely had it my entire life, but it had manifested itself into a Reverse T3 Dominance (or Wilson's Syndrome) situation that rendered it impossible for me to lose weight. A lot of things can factor into this, but weakened or stressed adrenals can add to it and certainly don't help. Not to mention, I long to feel what one scoop of a pre-workout used to do for me, again.

I do not plan to re-introduce stimulants into my body until my reverse T3 situation is completely resolved and I am well on my way to losing fat and getting back on track. It should be sometime in October (which would be the 12-week clearing mark for the T3-only therapy to do it's magic), but it may not be. It could come sooner or it may not come until later.

I can safely say that this experience will have me using stimulants very differently and much more carefully from now on. I plan on running them at about 6-8 weeks on and then 4-6 weeks off from here on out once it's resolved. A lot of the problem was just because I relied so heavily on fat-burners to try and help me lose fat because my thyroid was just under-functioning, but I didn't know it. Now that that won't be an issue (when it's fixed), fat-burners won't be as much of a necessity in my mind at all.

Anyway, that's enough of that, but I hope that helps you understand why I was using Revamp and find a product like this very intriguing.

This morning I actually started using the N2Shampoo, which has caffeine in it, but should be so negligible that it has no effect on me (also being that it's topical).

Tonight will be my first dose back on Revamp after about 4-5 days with no Revamp (following the 90 days straight of using it).

This will not be like a typical log that I run with a lot of workout information. It will focus more on mood, clarity, etc.

For those of you who have questions, please feel free to chime in and ask.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm in bro. I ran the original Reset AD plenty of times and always liked it. Haven't used stims myself since mid january. Im honestly not sure I'll ever go back on them.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I'm in bro. I ran the original Reset AD plenty of times and always liked it. Haven't used stims myself since mid january. Im honestly not sure I'll ever go back on them.
Glad to have you in, bro. Yeah, you're leagues ahead of me in time off from stims, haha. I want to go back to them, but I'm not sure if I'll go back to 1,3 dimeth again, or not. I do want to get back to caffeine, but at minimal doses pre-workout. I mean, i was running E/C at 25mg/200mg 3x/day along with a pre-workout at the same time, so this shouldn't be surprising. I just didn't do all the research at that time and like I said, I had the undiagnosed thyroid problems and I just kept thinking "I'm not working hard enough" to lose the fat.

I ran the original Reset AD with my first 4 week stim-break in April of 10, but I didn't notice anything after that break so I just thought it was worthless lol. I didn't seem to factor in all the time I had been ON stims, ya know? The intro price on Revamp was nice, so I wanted to get on it and getting a 4th bottle to run now was just a really nice perk :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 5 days in on this bottle of Revamp.

This is a product that I've found hard to describe in terms of effects, but I'll do my best.

I've felt pretty good, lately. I attribute a lot of this to the fact that last weekend, I was back in Illinois with friends in Chicago for a few days and then family the rest of the weekend. Getting to travel back always puts me in a good mood (the 1,000 miles of driving, does not lol). I haven't noticed any specifics as far as feeling sharper or anything like that, but I feel good.

I had my first workout on Saturday in over a week (hadn't worked out since the Thursday before, before I drove back to IL). I hit delts and traps hard and was pretty impressed with my numbers considering the lack of supplements and all the time off and the little amount of food I eat these days lol (legitimately around 1500 cals on some days). The only bad thing is that near the end of the workout (and actually this tends to happen now about 25 minutes in or so), my heart was just pounding so hard that I felt like puking. It's been doing that for a while, which I attribute largely to the extra fat that I have, but also the the decrease in lifting and cardio I've been doing. Planning to get back to my 5-day split, so hopefully it eases up as I get back on a more regular basis.

Outside of that, nothing major to report; just feeling good and getting in good workouts despite not having the stims.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
1500 cals a day?? OMG man that's just not even right, with 100mcg of t3 a day, 1500 cals, you honestly should look like an ethiopian, lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1500 cals a day?? OMG man that's just not even right, with 100mcg of t3 a day, 1500 cals, you honestly should look like an ethiopian, lol.
lol you would think ;)

I definitely have days where I'm up closer to 3k, but I'm just rarely hungry and I don't take in many fats, either, so the cals stay low. I try to get my protein in, but there have been non-lifting days when I take in maybe 100g give or take. I'm trying to get back to a stable diet, but it's been hard to bring myself to eat that much.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about halfway through this bottle.

I don't have a whole lot to report. I was supposed to have an appointment with my doc on Friday, but I showed up (took the afternoon off of work) and they were closed with a sign on the door stating so. I wasn't too happy about that. I called today and am rescheduled for Thursday. They didn't have it anywhere in their calendar, but I definitely had a card with the time and date on it that was plastered on my fridge.

Anyway, I guess I'm just grasping at straws, but I'm going to ask about the pituitary, specifically, and ask what his thoughts are on it playing a role in all of this. I'm curious as to why the cortisol is so high and why he didn't tell me anything when I got those results back.

Workouts are still going all right, though my heart definitely feels more stress because of the added fat.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still nothing major to report as far as effects and such (again; just so difficult, for me at least, to judge with a product of this nature).

I will say that I've been in a good mood pretty consistently for quite a while now, but I think that is largely due to a number of other things: feeling like I'm getting to the root cause of my medical issues, the change to Fall weather, the return of football and Fall TV series, tanning again to get my vitamin D fix, etc.

I'm going in tomorrow morning to the hospital to have an 8 AM cortisol blood draw. If it comes back high, then the next step will be a pituitary MRI. I'm pretty sure it will, in fact, come back high and that seems to be the logical explanation at this point. Because I'm feeling good and I've been on thyroid meds for 8 months, now, so you can't tell me I wouldn't at least lose a pound if that was the problem and it was fixed lol. I know people constantly tell me that thyroid meds aren't overnight and don't expect to see dramatic changes, etc., but if not that, then what? In people who don't exercise or eat properly, I suppose I can understand that, but not for those who are very meticulous about health and fitness.

Anyway, that's about all I have for an update, but I'm kind of okay with working out without stims, now. I've got myself in a good mindset to go do it without using the stims for that drive. The only negative is the added fat is definitely taxing on my heart.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
:yup: With a little bit of :grumble: And a lot of :fingersx:

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
In for this, I'm sense Im experiencing some mild adrenal fatigue lately and I was thinking
about running this, curious to see how it treats you

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this, I'm sense Im experiencing some mild adrenal fatigue lately and I was thinking
about running this, curious to see how it treats you
It's hard for me to know how bad of shape my adrenals are in. What initially started out as diagnosed hypothyroidism seems like it may be pituitary and/or adrenal related, now.

I'm almost at the end of this bottle of Revamp, too. Yesterday actually marked 4 months with zero stimulants for me.

It isn't a sexy product by any means, but I think it's in a necessary category. Unfortunately, for me, my body is so screwed up that it's hard to say just how well this product works. Ideally, I'd be hopping right back onto stims after the bottle and see how my sensitivity is, but I'm not touching stimulants until I get my medical stuff figured out/resolved, first. Even then, I'm not sure if I'll go back on. I plan on it, but it's hard to say.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Good luck luck with it,
i feel you there. I'm coming right now from a very weird stomach problem, got gastroscopy and they found nothing,, ecography coming next week and now i'm looking around for "not sexy but necessary sups" as well.
I'll give this a shot probably my body can benefit from altho' i have no probs with stims my body is stressed to oblivion

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apologize for letting this thread slip away from me. I'm certainly more used to running workout logs and commenting on products that have very easily noticeable benefits. All that being said, I wrapped this up a while back and am now nearly 5 months stim-free. I won't be able to say how this product has helped with resetting my stimulant sensitivity until I try them again, which still won't be for a while. As I've said, I did go out and buy 3 bottles to run at the start of my stimulant detox, so I have faith in the formula and think it's a good product for something like this.

It's something that I'll purchase and use again. I'll try to remember to dig this thread up and comment whenever I do try stims again.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tanning again to get my vitamin D fix, etc.

Tanning again say what are we like a teenager. Or a guido from the Jersey Shore. LMAO

On a serious note I hope everything turns out good medically. And you kick what ever you have in the nut sack and pull some amazing results.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tanning again say what are we like a teenager. Or a guido from the Jersey Shore. LMAO

On a serious note I hope everything turns out good medically. And you kick what ever you have in the nut sack and pull some amazing results.
Haha not at all like that. I'm actually covered in freckles and if I don't keep somewhat of a tan, my skin gets really pale and it just looks terrible. So it's a little bit for the visual, but largely for keeping my mood up.

And I appreciate it. I'm having a sleep study done on Thursday night to see if I have sleep apnea and if that's playing a role in all of this. I'll get it figured out; no doubt about it, just hopefully soon so I can get back to what I really love.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I miss being tan also. When i was a thin guy surfing I was tan as can be. Once I started getting Fat you wont catch me without a shirt off. Soon as the skin chub goes away the shirt will come back off. No doubt about it.

Now for the sleep apnea possible issue. Do you still have your tonsils? I had gold ball size tonsils and my sleep apnea was worse than an 85 year old mans and I was 34 they even removed my uvula. You know that thing that hangs down in the back of your throat.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I miss being tan also. When i was a thin guy surfing I was tan as can be. Once I started getting Fat you wont catch me without a shirt off. Soon as the skin chub goes away the shirt will come back off. No doubt about it.

Now for the sleep apnea possible issue. Do you still have your tonsils? I had gold ball size tonsils and my sleep apnea was worse than an 85 year old mans and I was 34 they even removed my uvula. You know that thing that hangs down in the back of your throat.
I hear you, man. As I've gained the weight, I definitely don't like to chill and walk around without a shirt like I used to. I'm even lifting in t-shirts instead of the gutted sleeveless shirts I have because of it. But the tanning beds are what I'm using (I actually loathe tanning beds, but whatever it takes to get some vitamin D).

And I've actually been talking with a friend about Obstructive Sleep Apnea because I do in fact have my tonsils still. I've actually started a new thread to try and deduce the problem with the help of anyone wishing to join in:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/184369-midwestbeast-case-mysterious.html