USP Labs Modern BCAA Observations/Mini-review

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hello all! Another product I have recently purchased it Modern BCAA. I love BCAA/EAAs and I have had my long and successful run with ALRI's Chain'd Out as my BCAA source and now I'm switching it up. I enjoyed VPX Power Shock, but I also heard good things about Modern BCAA and it's 8:1:1 ratio. Then I read up about it and the science seems really plausible, so I figured 'why not combine my 2 favorite BCAA supps?' I decided to give Modern BCAA a run on it's own first so I can see what it tastes like, how it mixes, how it agrees with my stomach, how I feel working out on it, and any other effects it may have that I don't know about.

I must say that this BCAA product has a nice price tag on it. You can purchase it from Nutraplanet for a decent price and it sells at many other places similarly. I purchased the White Blue Raspberry flavor and it tastes great. My friend EasyEJL gave me useful advice on mixing it. I mixed it in my shaker cup with luke warm water and shook it up and let it sit for a couple minutes. It was completely dissolved. I could've put it in the fridge or freezer for a short time and cooled it off, but I am fine with drinking it luke warm. The taste was VERY mild and VERY refreshing with the (2) scoops in about 20 ounces of tap water.

There's not too much to say except these key points:
1. The powder is fine. It's not lumpy or caked up.
2. The taste is great and it's also subtle. This can be a great benefit if you want to add more scoops in less water or add another type of intra-workout drink to it.
3. I did not get any GI distress or nasty acidic afterburn from this product. It was quite refreshing to say the least. I imagine it would even be good if you added some kind of carbohydrate such as WMS or palatinose.

I plan on mixing the fruit punch flavor Power Shock with this Modern BCAA product and I will post the observations in this thread as well. I figure I can get the best of everything: 8:1:1 BCAAs, Sustamine, EAAs, and BCAA nitrates along with some other goodies. I'll use a tad more water and cool it a little after mixing, but I'm pretty sure it will be good.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to ask any questions or leave comments, etc.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOG is Live!!!!!!!! what`s up my friend.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
FOG is Live!!!!!!!! what`s up my friend.
What's good my friend? They just recently turned me loose and let me back into society! How've you been?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Fine my friend!!!! glad you are fine and here again ;) let`s Rock!!!!!!
Thanks bro! Let's do this! Hey, I dig SNS.... they have a few things I'd love to get for my damage control stack soon ;)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all! Another product I have recently purchased it Modern BCAA. I love BCAA/EAAs and I have had my long and successful run with ALRI's Chain'd Out as my BCAA source and now I'm switching it up. I enjoyed VPX Power Shock, but I also heard good things about Modern BCAA and it's 8:1:1 ratio. Then I read up about it and the science seems really plausible, so I figured 'why not combine my 2 favorite BCAA supps?' I decided to give Modern BCAA a run on it's own first so I can see what it tastes like, how it mixes, how it agrees with my stomach, how I feel working out on it, and any other effects it may have that I don't know about.

I must say that this BCAA product has a nice price tag on it. You can purchase it from Nutraplanet for a decent price and it sells at many other places similarly. I purchased the White Blue Raspberry flavor and it tastes great. My friend EasyEJL gave me useful advice on mixing it. I mixed it in my shaker cup with luke warm water and shook it up and let it sit for a couple minutes. It was completely dissolved. I could've put it in the fridge or freezer for a short time and cooled it off, but I am fine with drinking it luke warm. The taste was VERY mild and VERY refreshing with the (2) scoops in about 20 ounces of tap water.

There's not too much to say except these key points:
1. The powder is fine. It's not lumpy or caked up.
2. The taste is great and it's also subtle. This can be a great benefit if you want to add more scoops in less water or add another type of intra-workout drink to it.
3. I did not get any GI distress or nasty acidic afterburn from this product. It was quite refreshing to say the least. I imagine it would even be good if you added some kind of carbohydrate such as WMS or palatinose.

I plan on mixing the fruit punch flavor Power Shock with this Modern BCAA product and I will post the observations in this thread as well. I figure I can get the best of everything: 8:1:1 BCAAs, Sustamine, EAAs, and BCAA nitrates along with some other goodies. I'll use a tad more water and cool it a little after mixing, but I'm pretty sure it will be good.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to ask any questions or leave comments, etc.

Good advice from Easy! It doesn't mix the best in cold water but still not as bad as some others out there.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good advice from Easy! It doesn't mix the best in cold water but still not as bad as some others out there.
It was definitely great advice. When it is dissolved, it stays in solution very well and doesn't need any further shaking. I am loving Modern BCAA. I know that extra leucine is good for anabolic/anti-catabolic activity, except I don't know what ratio is good for what. I hear a lot of arguments and debates over 2:1:1, 4:1:1, and now 8:1:1. I am thinking that this 8:1:1 will do really well though ;)