mattrag's first log! AnaBeta/PCT Black/ShredMatrix for a Lit-up Halloween

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First log here on AM. I ran a short 4 week log on another forum (AL/AH) Currently starting my PCT. I took the last week off. My mom came to town for my wedding and I had to take her around. So eating was pretty rough. I doubt I even got my protein reqs per day for the last 7 days. Just a little rough because I'm very dairy sensitive and can't drink protein powder. Also, my week lay off included around 7kgs of weight gain because of the inflammation in my gluten exposure. (I'm also allergic to flour, and super gluten sensitive)

Anyway, i'm back on the boat. My workout/diet is the UD2/LG
On VLCD I use the LG 8 hr window and on the carb ups I do a protein window, where the 8hr window will include protein and elsewhere I will just eat carbs.

The goal on this 15week log will obviously be to get lean and retain as much LBM as possible so I can pull off some superhero. Currently thinking of doing Thor. Just gotta get me a WIG haha.

Current stats are: (Gonna fill these in later)

Chest: 106cm
Left Arm: 43cm (flexed) 41cm unflexed
Waist:
Thigh:
Calves:

Height: 177cm
Weight: 95.4kg (Down 2kgs from last night, usually I lose around 2kgs at night.) For the purpose of this log, and my usual trend is to log my morning weight.

Supps I will be running:

Staples:
Xtends
ZMA
Glutamine
Beta alanine
Taurine
BCAA
NAC
ALCAR
Toco-8

Supps using in this log:
Weeks:
1-15 Shred matrix (VLCD, M-Th 4on3off)
1-6 Trans Rev (ED)
1-8 PCT Black (ED)
3-12 AnaBeta (Refeed days, TH night-Sat night 3on4off)
1-15 DermaTherm (VLCD, M-Th 4on3off)
1-15 Lit UP (1-15 dosed full 2 scoops on mon,tues,th, sat)

That's basically my run for now. The PCT Black is dosed like that because it's basically one pill per day for 60 days. I like shred matrix for it's appetite suppressant properties (i've used it b4 on the last log and really like it). Also, my low dose serm will be in there but I figure no need to put that :eek: Also, the reason I am running AnaBeta from week 3 is mostly because I don't have it yet... I'm using DAA from the Lit-up as my Natty Tbooster.

Currently I don't feel shut down at all and this doesn't even feel like PCT as I am strong as hell...

If anyone would like to toss in their 2cents about not running the supps straight please enlighten me as I am no expert and I am just doing it this way because it seems like the UD2 is a PURE cyclical diet. And I think the supps will help get me to and from the anabolic/catabolic modes faster and more pronounced in both runs.

Let's hit it!!!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I was doing singles for deadlifts yesterday and I pulled my lower back... pretty badly.
Sad part is I was only doing around 245 (was doing doubles) and it snapped... Today I am able to lay up and down w/o causing immense, eye watering pain but I know how to work around this when lifting (Yea... i've done something similar b4.)

Weight today was 91kgs (Most of yesterday I was on the floor stretching and trying not to be in pain so I didn't eat much). that's down 4kgs more.
I hate how flour/gluten bloats me to all hell. Tonight I ate around 3kgs of meat at the farewell bbq, not all lean but I know if I intake more than 1kg of really lean meats w/o fats I tend to get an episode of IBS. So I try to keep the protein/fat ratio around 50/50 or 60/40. Tomorrow~ Sunday I have to meet with my inlaws and go to someone's house to give a thank you gift. After that it's another meeting with my photographer and good friend for dinner. Monday I start day 1 of the UD2 and my 15weeker. With some good rest and stretching I should be able to at least do most of the depletion exercise at home.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn man sorry about the back...i hope you bounce back quick[/QUO

Thanks! It's going well and I should be getting back on track. I will see tomorrow if I can do my depletion workout minus all things that use the lower back.
I'll be reporting back then.

Getting up seems to be the worse time. Around 3pm, about 8hrs after waking, my body seems used to the pain and I can at least move around.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1

Weight 92.0kgs

As expected my weight has fallen down after my horrible flour exposure while taking my mom out in the town.

Anyway, my back is still in shambles and I will try to do teh best I can on the workout. Looking up ways to spare protein while my cals are low. Currently using BCAAs, glutamine. And I'm use caffiene supps/energy boosters to stay away.

With luck I will be able to cut safely. Gonna update later today after my first depletion workout. Provided I don't break my back and can't get to a computer hahah.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1 (depletion workout)

Standing military
95lbs (20) 115 (15)

DB rows
100lbs (15)X3 SS: BW one legged SLDL

Single Leg ext.
65lbs (20)X3

Bench press
165lbs (15)X3

Circuit done twice
Tricept ext. bands (30) SS
DB curls 25lbs (15) SS
Single legged BW calf raises (20)

2nd round

Standing military press
105lbs (15)X2

Single Leg ext.
65lbs (20)X3

reverse grip Bench
125lbs (15)X3

Circuit done twice
DB curls 25lbs (15) SS

Workout notes:

had to change up the workout a bit, take out the squats and add in the leg exts and hamstring stuff. Wore the belt the whole time and it was doable. Pretty pleased, numbers are the same as when I was using AH/AL so i'm thinking this PCT will be smooth sailing.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

Morning weight: 90.4kgs

Got up today, had the good ol morning wood so I know I must have some test left lol. My torem dosing is 90/60/60/30 low dosage as I stated.
Back is feeling better, i could get up off the ground this morning w/o much pain.
Morning weight was good, back down to where I should be after a day of depletion. Another 2 days and I should be back to around 88-89kgs (where I was on cycle on the 2nd day). Leaning out still, if anything I think the AH/AL cycle just helped me keep from burning out, and added strength. Which is what I wanted from it. As I stated b4 on my AH/AL log, AL is pretty much best in a starved state while working out JUST to keep the muscles from seeing catabolism.

Second depletion workout on tap, then dinner. I think i will add my macros of nutrition from today.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 Depletion workout

tanding military
115lbs (12) 115 (12)

DB rows

Single Leg ext.
90lbs (12)X3

Bench press
185lbs (12)X3

Circuit done twice
DB curls 25lbs (15) SS

2nd round

Standing military press
115lbs (12,10)

Single Leg ext.
65lbs (20)X3

reverse grip Bench
135lbs (15)X3

Circuit done twice
DB curls 25lbs (15) SS

Workout notes: Definitely feeling the weakness here... That feeling of muscle failure and the muscle no longer wanting to contract was very noticeable. Tonight I'm adding in the PCT Revolution and AnaBeta will be added in tomorrow. Also, I will start taking Maca powder, Trans rev., and Coq10. Hopefully my body doesn't fight me too hard this PCT.

On an up note, this proves that the AH/AL wasn't bunk because man.. I was strong when I was on it.. haha.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully what will keep my muscles :D

My Full PCT stack.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PCT looks great man!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Matt figured I would come offer you some support. Will go back to top and read here shortly but wanted to get my sub in before I forgot.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay all read up now. Hope that back heals up nicely. If your rat can afford it your rat should run some DES 1,3 IGF-1, it is pretty cheap and will keep your rat happy in PCT. IGF-1 increases muscle mass, strength, and also assists in a much quicker HPTA recovery. For $80 you can get 3 bottles or it is about 39.99 for 1.

Also looking at your supp line up you should look for something to limit cortisol starting about the end of week two or starting in week 3, cortisol levels tend to jump about that time and that is when a good portion of the muscle lost in a PCT is actually lost.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay all read up now. Hope that back heals up nicely. If your rat can afford it your rat should run some DES 1,3 IGF-1, it is pretty cheap and will keep your rat happy in PCT. IGF-1 increases muscle mass, strength, and also assists in a much quicker HPTA recovery. For $80 you can get 3 bottles or it is about 39.99 for 1.

Also looking at your supp line up you should look for something to limit cortisol starting about the end of week two or starting in week 3, cortisol levels tend to jump about that time and that is when a good portion of the muscle lost in a PCT is actually lost.
Sadly... japan's laws on "steroids/medicine" is very weird. Most steroids are not controlled, BUT a syringe to inject anything is equivalent to selling cocaine. You go jail for 5-25yrs, and have to pay a fine of over $100,000.
Can't even buy a glucose meter here... You have to get one prescribed by the doctor.

Anyway, for cort control I have EndoAmp From PP. Also, I have ashwanga (sp?) which is nothing compared to many of the other cort control products out there. What do you recommend. I've run Lean xtreme, and xtreme lean in the past. Didn't really notice anything extra from them though I have never run a PCT w/o one...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i don't know why I didn't log yesterday~

Yesterday was a rest day and it pretty much went the same way all rest days go. Low cal, no carbs. boring lol.
Also, noticing that my boys are running low. Nothing else cept that. Upped my dose of PCT rev to 1 morning and one night to see if it helps. Muscles feel fuller and i do feel dryer~ Maybe I'm over killing my estrogen levels?

I've decided to do a count down instead of a day 1 etc. so today is T-minus 94 days till halloween (I think....)

Today will be tension workout.

Through various PM's from MrKleen73 I have decided to do a true LG's diet. Where on workout days I will be pushing around 3200 cals, and non workout days I will go for around 1800. Low carb on non workouts, and higher carbs on workouts.

For my question~ i was wondering if on a burn day I could do somethign like tabata? interval training type deal? Or would this be counted as a workout and should just be one of my 3 workout days? Thanks!! food log coming soon~~

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice stack, will you be posting after pictures?

Very soon I will be. As soon as I get a good shaver.....Also, gonna add in video to my log.

For now, i'm jsut waiting for my workout in around 3hrs... I can't wait .... so pumped and ready to kill it!!

Oh, btw, Today is first day of AnaBeta. Taking it b4 I workout and after 2 2

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very soon I will be. As soon as I get a good shaver.....Also, gonna add in video to my log.

For now, i'm jsut waiting for my workout in around 3hrs... I can't wait .... so pumped and ready to kill it!!

Oh, btw, Today is first day of AnaBeta. Taking it b4 I workout and after 2 2
Your going to workout 3 hours from now? What time is it there and time zone? Its 11:30 here haha I feel like eating and sleeping :D

Videos would be amazing btw, I tend to get shy taking them in the gym :wall:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I live in Japan. hmm
when you posted that it was 322pm my time lol.

Its gonna be an awesome ride :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Standing military*
135lbs (10)X2

DB rows*
100lbs (10)X4

Single Leg ext.*
65lbs (20)X3*

Kaatsu single leg ext.
40lbs (30)X3
SS
Kaatsu S legged SLDL
Holding a 15lb DB

Bench press*
255lbs (5) 225 (10)X2

Circuit done twice
Tricept ext. bands (15) SS
DB curls 35lbs (8) SS
Single legged BW calf raises (15)*

Definitely noticing the loss in top end strength and endurance. First time dosing AnaBeta and sweet god it made me sweat!! Also, felt really pumped.

Today's nutrition:

3pm
150g Sweet Potato
150g Chicken breast

7pm PWO
200g banana
600g potato
200g Pork tenderloin

930pm
200g banana
300g potato
150g sweet potato
200g tenderloin

Total macros for the day~
Protein: 164g
Carbs: 292g
Fats: 18g

Calories: 2023

Workouts was HARD. Haha, I miss the AH for sure. No top end strength, and endurance was fail.

Weight today was 88.4kgs (194.4)

Tomorrow I will be continuing carb loading a bit. Probably hit higher macros. I think I need more calories to up my hormone levels... can't be eating like 800 cals a day for 4 days in a row anymore and expect to lift with the same intensity. Today I kinda just died.... Bench was low, military low, bent over row~ went up 20lbs off the higher rep workouts. I made a mistake on the previous posts. My 15 rep for bent over db rows is 80 not 100 lol. Today I did 100lbs.

Anyway, I'm going to readjust my cals to recover happily in this PCT. Going with 1800cals on burn days and around 3200 on build days. Seems like a lot, if I start gaining a lot of fat I will cut back on build days but I'd rather be optimizing hormone levels and such instead of ruinign my hormone balance and having my muscles just get eaten all up. So from next week is my 3x a week HST with that calorie intake.

Any suggestions? :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
93 days left~~
Weight: 88kgs (193.6lbs)
Rest day.

2pm
150g sweet potato
200g pork tenderloing

4pm
300g Lean beef slices

8pm
300g lean beef slices

Macros:
Protein:172g
Carbs:26g
Fats: 33g

1147 cals

Interestingly... I'm not hungry at all... I'm drinking BCAA (Xtends) every 4hrs or so. Hopefully it's staving off catabolism. Looking lean today. I figure i not workout out (Just cleaned the house), so going pretty low on cals is probably a good thing... Though I am in PCT :x..

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight 87.8kgs
Workout

Standing military 145(10)x2
Bent over db rows 100(10)x5
Kaatsu leg ext 75(30)drop60(30) x 3
Super setted with
Kaatsu single leg bw sldl
Bench press 245(6) (8)

Cals were low today. Tomorrow I'm off to a hot spring town. Gonna have to eat up.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8/2/2011

90 days left

Morning weight 89.6kgs (Obviously bloated)

Just got back last night from a short one night trip to a hot spring hotel. Mean buffet, first time I seen real steak in a long time.
Got home and hit the weights~ Depletion style.

Standing military 125 (12)X3
DB Bent over row 100(12)X4
Leg ext Kaatsu 65 (30)X2, drop 50 (30)X3
SS: 1leg Body weight SLDL (20)X3
Bench press: 185 (12)X3
Circuit:
tri cept ext (20) ~ DB curls 25 (12)~ 1leg calf raises

Round 2
DB Bent over row 100(12)X5
Push press with 45lb plate (12)X3

Rev Grip Bench: 135 (15)X3
Circuit:
tri cept ext (20) ~ DB curls 25 (12)~ 1leg calf raises

Good workout. Lowered the rep range to keep myself in the 12 this time. I'm thinking heavy weight, a tad less reps will keep my body happier. I made a comment earlier about how the boys were feeling a bit light and how i was feeling pretty shut down... That has changed. Either torem has started to kick in or AnaBeta has increased my anabolism but today was STRONG.

This is pretty bad... now i'm going to have to add AnaBeta to all my PCTs... I love taking it, just the price is pretty high for it to be a "staple" PCT item lol.

Today is either a rest or burn day. Plan to lower cals by a lot. I ate quite a bit over the weekend and probably can spare a bit of calories.
Cant' go too low though.

Working on getting the video blog up and such. Stay Tuned :D

shovelhead76

shovelhead76

Awards
been following along what is Anabeta?

Are you trying for a recomp, bulk or cut?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
88 days left

8/4/2011

Worked out yesterday but didn't have time to post. (Showing around the new people, also I got transferred)

Pull ups (12)X2

Round 2
Pull UPs (12, 6)

Felt GONE after this workout. I think it's due to the fact that it was over 95 degrees, and I was already tired as hell from my first day at a new school. ( I teach english in Japan).
Was pretty bad. I've noticed that AnaBeta taken pre workout w/o food makes me hypoglycemic and nauseated after around 50 mins. Other wise strength is okay. I think I'm going to start my HST next week. 3 days on. 4 off. 1800 cals on burn/non workout days, and 3400 on workout days.

macro spread

Burn days:
220-250g protein
80-90g fat

Build days:
220-250g protein
400g carbs
80-90g fat

Also, doing what i haven't done in a while, I'm going to add back in Natural peanut butter and try to slowly re incorporate whey protein powder.
One more thing, I am still following my LeanGains dieting of having a smaller eating window. I'm adding a "Super cheat". Either friday or thursday, depending on when my last cheat day was (going for around 4-7 days, going to see how I look). This super cheat will be one of many things. My students have informed me of this special menu item. In japan we have Oomori, tokumori, Tokucho, Mega. These are different levels of food. Basically making your meal bigger. Mega is like a 1400 cal meal. Rice and beef usually. There is a "King". It apparently is 4 of the tokumori. Which is like level 2. So i'm assuming its' around 2000 cals. :D
hahaha.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
been following along what is Anabeta?

Are you trying for a recomp, bulk or cut?
anabeta is an anabolic herb. Basically it increases glycogen storage capacity. Well in my opinion/experience it does this. Nothing else has made me feel this hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) since anabolic pump by USP labs. And AnaBeta really makes me look and feel fuller.

I'm going for a recomp/cut. But i'm going pretty low on cals. For now my weight stays at around 88-90kgs depending on if I went to the bathroom yet or not.

In my opinion AnaBeta is great. I would LOVE to run this for the full 12 weeks and even when I jump on another PH/DS cycle I'd love to see what it does for my gains. But for now the wallet will only allow me to run one bottle for 30 days. Perhaps when I move back home next August I will have enough money to run it for the full 12 weeks. While this is in no way a PH, the difference is noticeable.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Matt sorry took so long to get back in here looks like you are slaying it. MMMMMMM Steak, got me thinking now.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff Matt sorry took so long to get back in here looks like you are slaying it. MMMMMMM Steak, got me thinking now.
hehe sorry the log is getting a lot less attention (by me) than I am used to. I will be making more posts as I get a better feel as what I should be writing about on off days. I just don't know what to post lol
Today is a workout day. Full body, going for 15 reps today. Should be fun. Workout but i'm following the burn day. Light weight. Tomorrow I will go heavier and hit up a true build day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8/08/2011

Weight 87.8kgs
Workout

Standing military (behind the neck) 115(12)x2
Bent over db rows 100(10)x3
Bench press 205(15) X3
Tricep ext bands (30) X2 SS BW single leg calf raises (20) SS Bicep hammer curls

Standing military (Behind the neck) 115 (12) (10)
Pull ups (10)X3
Rev grip Bench 135 (12) X3
Tricep ext bands (30) X2 SS BW single leg calf raises (20) SS Bicep hammer curls

Today was pretty hard. Low cals, and had a long day in the sun playing tennis.
Cals today were:
180g protein
40g fat

8/09/2011
Weight 87.8kgs
Workout

Standing military 135(10)x2
Bent over db rows 100(10)x3
Bench press 215(12) X3

Standing military 135 (12) (6)
Pull ups (10)X3
Rev grip Bench 115 (12) X3

Today I skipped legs, I played tennis today for around 2hrs so my legs and lower back were pretty smashed. Don't want to get re injured.
Cals today were:

280g protein
100g fat
360g carbs

8/10/2011

Today is a rest day and I thought i'd just give an update.

I am on week 3 of PCT and feel pretty much fuller recovered. lifts are going back up, and my body is looking even better. Pics and the vid log should be going up soon. My friend and I will be using it to keep each other motivated.
Lean gains via MrKleens recommendations is working well for me. I would rather train fasted everyday but I usually have to workout at night so i'm pretty destroyed by 6pm since that's an extra 12 hrs of no food after I sleep. I tried that on Monday and almost died.

I think the last time i did this diet I just didn't eat enough. I have been playing with that thought in my mind quite often and since testing my gluten/flour allergy I can eat around 400g carbs a day (potatoes, fruits, some rice, rice makes my joints kinda sore) and still look pretty lean. I will be using this diet for the rest of this "prep" and be adding my cycle while using this diet protocol.

My lower back is better. Still freezes up from time to time but I am going to the doc for it every week. He's not a chiropractor, as I am in Japan and they just don't have them.... but he basically loosens it up and then I can roll it out better on my foam roller. I really hope my back gets better because I want to be able to do some zercher squats again.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my computer at home has crapped out on my last weekend and my workplace decided they'd have a day where they shut off the power... anyway here is my workouts~

Standing military 115 (12)X4
Squat 185 (10)X3
Box squat 185 (5)X2
Bent over row 185 (12)X6
Shrug 185 (20)X3
Circuit X4
Push ups (30)
BW Dips (15)
Concentration curl 35 (12)
BW 1legged calf raises

Roman DL 115(12)X3

Removed bench press for now as my elbow is getting kinda sore. Tendinitis flaring back up. Going with this workout. Full body 3-4 days a week.

My progression will be 2 days of low weights 10-12 reps, then a day of 4-6, and if I feel up to it a day of maxing. Also, tossing in a day of accessory and dynamic effort. My lower back has ALWAYS been an issue and I figure i'm going to have to deal with it since i was going into really heavy lifting. So more core, more form/technique, and more focus. NOT blowing out my back like I did 3 weeks ago.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
on the aspect of PCT.
Week 3 ended well. I'm stopping my SERM. Just because I feel I don't need it really. THis PCT has been great so far and I felt completely recovered after week 2. Added in PCT Black revolution by FinaFlex and now i'm pretty much back.
Also, was feeling kinda really low estrogenic with the addition of FinaFlex. Lower Libido, a bit drier than usual so I think my hormones have rebalanced. Which means~~~ I can start planning my next run :D

I know I should wait...but honestly... I figure I'll wait about 4 more weeks then start it up instead of waiting the full 8.

I don't drink, I take liver supps etc. Plus I know the risks. I should be getting my liver/kidney enzyme levels checked soon too. So i'll know if my LDL/HDL levels are too outta whack.

Funds are low but I have enough stuff on hand to do mdrol, AndroHardv2, and run a PCT with a SERM (Yes, I am one of those guys who has EVERYTHING on hand hahah). Also, just got my order that I had shipped to hawaii from AI... so I have some goodies from them.

If nothing else changes I'm plannin on either running 8 weeks of AH with 4 weeks of Mdrol pulsed on w/o days. OR just running Mdrol pulsed. Really depends on how I feel. I liked androhard's strength and feeling of being strong. It also would help with the mdrol's rumored lethargy. I have run Hdrol with no problems.... I wish I logged that run.... I was running hdrol stacked with oxyelite, AP.... too bad I didn't know how to diet correctly.(well not like now)

Any advice/suggestions would be welcomed :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah stick with the time off is double the time on so you don't screw up your hpta. You should not be doing more than 3 runs in a year and 2 if they are really strong ones. Unless you plan on getting on TRT that is... Stay with your planned 8 weeks man if you cant then you need to think about the fact you are becoming compulsive about it.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah stick with the time off is double the time on so you don't screw up your hpta. You should not be doing more than 3 runs in a year and 2 if they are really strong ones. Unless you plan on getting on TRT that is... Stay with your planned 8 weeks man if you cant then you need to think about the fact you are becoming compulsive about it.
yea i probably should give it a rest. stick to natty stuff for the extent of my off time.

Any suggestions ? lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yea i probably should give it a rest. stick to natty stuff for the extent of my off time.

Any suggestions ? lol
Maybe more Anabeta if you enjoyed it and I would add in EndoSurge for sure. Some DAA, and if still wanting more add in a good GH product like HGHpro or Ghenerate. Finaflex is coming out with one but has not been released yet but it looks promising as well.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe more Anabeta if you enjoyed it and I would add in EndoSurge for sure. Some DAA, and if still wanting more add in a good GH product like HGHpro or Ghenerate. Finaflex is coming out with one but has not been released yet but it looks promising as well.
Looked into endosurge. Looks good. I have never tried 3,4 div b4 but i have heard good things about it. I have HGHpro, might save it for when I run out of ZMA. DAA is in the lit-up I take. Maybe I should wait for the Finaflex GH booster. I like their PCT black.

I short question on programming. I am currently training to compete in Judo. (87kgs atm) I want to drop to 81kgs. Should I just ditch all hypertrophy type workouts and just focus on like a 5X5? Or do more intricate programming like juggernaut or 5/3/1, or even olympic training programs?

My lifts are now

OH press 165X3
Squat 265X3
Bench 265X3
Deadlift 315X2 (last time tested, before i blew my back about 4 weeks ago)

Thanks for any suggestions. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To get my squat back up I decided to go with a 5X5 type workout with accessory on off days.

Todays WO:

Squat 185lbs
OH press 135
Pendalay Row 135

2hrs of Tennis, 1hr of Judo.

calories:

Fat 70g
Protein 197g
Carbs 112g

Cals pretty good for a burn day.

Tomorrow im going to be doing some speed work.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decided to add some more volume to the squat for form practice.

5x5 OH Press 135
5X10 Box Squat 135
5X5 High Pull 115
20, 10, 10 Ledge close grip pull ups BW

Todays workout was done after judo. felt pretty good. Figure I am going to need a workout that incorporates speed, strength, and power. Also, gonna need some hypertrophy.

Im really liking this one
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jeremys-6-day-hardcore-strength-workout.html

since im cutting now I figure i dont need the hypertrophy.

Todays cals~

2100 cals

175g protein
144g fat
20g carbs

High fat diet. usually does me well.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quick update. The higher fat diet (came mostly from coconut milk, and the use of a fattier cut of meat) yesterday really seems to have made my muscles harder today... odd. But I like it. Today is going to be pretty rough. Got judo, then I am going to do a full body hypertrophy workout for a friend. Giving him some training. But he wants me to train with him as well. (for motivation)

I changed the link, oddly it wasn't working before.

here is it again, this is the workout that I think will be good for my next workout program. Gotta stop with the ADHD on EVERYTHING but Im using the 5X5 as a transition to a more strength related type of programming.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday hit 2 hrs of judo. Did a lot of conditioning so I decided to cancel the workout. Good because ill hit it today. Today's workout should be a ATG squat, shoulder press, pendalay row, and going to do a 5RM on sumo deads.

Small question if anyone has a suggestion. I will probably start a cycle in 4 weeks (when I can start my next one again). Basically goals are to move up in strength/speed and lower my weight. Basically a cutting cycle. Has anyone had any type of experience with this? I've only run PH/DS on a more bodybuilding/aesthetic protocol not a strength/mobility protocol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
workout~

8X3 DE squats 135
5X12 Good mornings 45lbs (2s neg, controlled concentric)

stair sprints 10 mins~

Was going to do more but my lower back is still very tender and I dont want to push it. My neck also is very tired so I am probably going to just try get in some pull ups later today for some pulling movement.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
worked out on Saturday. I'll post what I did later, I'm at work and the routine I did is at home.

Anyway, had a wedding yesterday to attend to. Food was pretty healthy. small lean steak, some baked fish, raw fish, shrimp soup... (japanese course style menu). The after party was pretty bad though...because it was a burn day too...Today I'll make it up. :D

Also, I think this log is coming to an end. I had higher hopes for this log, vid updates, pictures... but my home desktop broke and I only have my old slow work laptop. Also, this month I am extremely poor. Just attending my friend's wedding was $300 (in japan you usually give $300 to go to a wedding), and I already was in the hole.... So much stuff to do during the summer lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final thoughts on AnaBeta, lit-up, and PCT revolution.

As I said I stacked these three with my SERM for my PCT. I have been told I am looking leaner than when I was on AH+AL, though my weight is only around 1lb less.
AnaBeta:

Aggression: 5/10 Didn't notice any increase or decrease going into PCT or throughout PCT. Seemed to be the same the whole way.

Mood: 8/10 Felt the same as the end of my AH/AL cycle. So pretty much stable mood. No fluctuations.

Libido: 5/10 What's odd is when I stopped the SERM my libido dropped. So I am not sure if the libido boost in PCT was actually from the SERM.

Strength: 7/10 Strength obviously tapered down a bit but I feel that my overall "push" was maintained. (Kind of hard because during PCT I started playing tennis and Judo almost daily towards the end).

Recovery: 9/10 Oddly I feel that my recovery increased on this supplement. It just felt like everything I ate went to rebuilding my muscles. Makes me think this product would do well for those who enjoy long grueling volume style workouts. And can support it with enough food.

Pumps: Pumps were great on this, not as "hard" as I was on AH/AL but even on low carb I don't feel I fell flat ever.

Overall: AnaBeta for sure affects Blood sugar levels a bit. Probably has a nutrient partitioning effect. I find that not only carbs feed the beast, but simply by increasing food intake the hypoglycemic feeling people talk about do not manifest. If I had the money I would definitely run it again. I know that I said a volume based workout would benefit from this product but I also think that anytype of training would benefit from taking this product because of it's enhanced muscle synthesis.

My dosing followed a lean gains diet of an 8hr window, 1 with the fast breaker, 1 b4 workout, 1 after workout and 1 b4 bed. I found that 2 before workout was too much and left my nauseated by the 45min mark. This dosing worked the best for me.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lit-up

Aggression: 5/10 Could have been because I just didn't stop taking a pre workout (i.e. let my adrenals recover) that I really didn't notice any aggression from this product.

Energy: 7/10 I actually like the "bam" that products like jack3d and C4 give. Lit-up is more for a sustained slow up, slow down type person. I am probably also way burned out and my stim tolerance is INSANE. Feeling anything at all from this product shows that it indeed works. I think one scoop for most people would be good enough.

Libido: 7/10 Lit-up helped in the libido area I think. DAA seems to affect me really well. Sucked though, working out alone in my home... horny ... hhaha

Strength: 6/10 I don't think it helped much with top end output, more it helped with maintaining my energy levels throughout the workout.

Recovery: 9/10 Oddly I feel that my recovery increased on this supplement. It just felt like everything I ate went to rebuilding my muscles. Makes me think this product would do well for those who enjoy long grueling volume style workouts. And can support it with enough food.

Pumps: Pumps were pretty good. I was pretty much pumped ALL THE TIME from AnaBeta that I think this product couldn't really show me what it could do in this area. I'll find out on my next log when I drop the AnaBeta and use the rest of this.

Taste: 10/10 Over anything this is the single BEST tasting pre workout product I have ever tasted. I look forward to drinking this every workout. When looking for any new product taste is pretty important to me, especially when dieting. This stuff was great. Really sweet. Tasted like juice syrup. Hahah.

Overall: Lit up definitely sets up a good environment for building muscle. Also, the no loss of appetite after working out really helps you get in the post workout meal. Many times I would not want to eat after working out because of the 1,3 dimm in most products (though when cutting that stuff is great!). I'd run it again.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PCT revolution black

My dosing for this started one day 3 of my PCT but then I stopped it because I felt I was lowering estrogen too much. I started up again when I dropped my SERM on week 3. Started with 1 cap at night, then added one cap in the AM on day 4 (week 3 day 4)

Aggression: 5/10 Didn't notice any increase or decrease going into PCT or throughout PCT. Seemed to be the same the whole way.

Mood: 9/10 with the addition of the 2nd cap my mood increased. It could be related to the decrease in cortisol in the morning. Carrying me throughout the day with less blood sugar fluctuation.

Libido: 4/10 What's odd is when I stopped the SERM my libido dropped. So I am not sure if the libido boost in PCT was actually from the SERM. When I added in the 2nd cap of PCT Rev my libido increased a tad bit. But still pretty low over all. It could be I need to keep my dosing of my DAA product to ED.

Strength: 7/10 I haven't tested this just yet so I can't give a legitimate response but the addition of the 2nd cap seems to have made everything better.

Recovery: 8/10 After working out my recovery seems to be good. I sleep better with this product. (Though it could be because I stopped taking the SERM)

Joints: 5/10 unlike erase, where I have to keep the dosing at 2 caps (50mg of the AI). The addition of the 2nd cap (making it 100mgs) has had no negative effects on my joints. So I'm thinking that it could possibly that the last 2 times I have run erase I was simply overtrained (as far my joints go)

overall: I must say this product has surprised me. Sadly With Erase being cheaper (in stacks) than this product for the main ingred I probably won't be running this again. But if I were to choose a product to run solo PCT Black would win hands down. It's cheaper, it works, and it has a legitimate PCT support complex included.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final thoughts on AnaBeta, lit-up, and PCT revolution.

As I said I stacked these three with my SERM for my PCT. I have been told I am looking leaner than when I was on AH+AL, though my weight is only around 1lb less.
AnaBeta:

Mood: 8/10 Felt the same as the end of my AH/AL cycle. So pretty much stable mood. No fluctuations.

Libido: 5/10 What's odd is when I stopped the SERM my libido dropped. So I am not sure if the libido boost in PCT was actually from the SERM.

Strength: 7/10 Strength obviously tapered down a bit but I feel that my overall "push" was maintained. (Kind of hard because during PCT I started playing tennis and Judo almost daily towards the end).

Pumps: Pumps were great on this, not as "hard" as I was on AH/AL but even on low carb I don't feel I fell flat ever.

Overall: AnaBeta for sure affects Blood sugar levels a bit. Probably has a nutrient partitioning effect. I find that not only carbs feed the beast, but simply by increasing food intake the hypoglycemic feeling people talk about do not manifest. If I had the money I would definitely run it again. I know that I said a volume based workout would benefit from this product but I also think that anytype of training would benefit from taking this product because of it's enhanced muscle synthesis.

My dosing followed a lean gains diet of an 8hr window, 1 with the fast breaker, 1 b4 workout, 1 after workout and 1 b4 bed. I found that 2 before workout was too much and left my nauseated by the 45min mark. This dosing worked the best for me.
Appreciate the feedback Matt

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you like the pumps from AB, try adding CN into the mix

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you like the pumps from AB, try adding CN into the mix
This guy loves CN, would it sound biased if i said I like Neovar better?

CN is creatine attached to a nitrate, the nitrate gives it better absorption and increase pumps. My opinion on it is that the pumps go away after awhile so not really worth it unless your into that. I'm over it and use bulk mono and Neovar.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This guy loves CN, would it sound biased if i said I like Neovar better?

CN is creatine attached to a nitrate, the nitrate gives it better absorption and increase pumps. My opinion on it is that the pumps go away after awhile so not really worth it unless your into that. I'm over it and use bulk mono and Neovar.
Ah I see. I liked neovar hehehe. I just use bulk mono as well.