Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
EDIT: at week 2 this is now an Anabeta+Erase+Titanium+Adamantium+DMAA log

Background info:

Weight: 190
Height: 6'2"

Weight training experience:

Took two years of weight training for my PE requirements in highschool.
My one rep deadlift was up to about 365 lbs if I remember right. My other lifts sucked o_O
Started getting back into lifting the last year or so. I'm up to 260lbs dead lift for 8 reps. I have no more weight at the moment so I can't lift heavier.
I have some limited experience with kettlebells, trying my best with youTube instructional videos. Having fun though.

Supplement experience:

Haven't used any serious bodybuilding supplements. Just whey, vitamins, ZMA and such.

Diet:

Lean. No cow or pig meat. I eat lots of chicken, turkey, fish, and seafood, veggies, fruit, whole grains, nuts, beans, avocado, 1% milk. Junk food is unappealing. So diet is pretty solid.

Injuries/limitations:

None yet, thankfully.

Goals:

Build muscle while reducing fat. I've been bulking to put on muscle (successfully) but I'm tired of seeing fat hanging around and want to get rid of it. Judging by pics I'm guessing I'm around 14-18% body fat. Hopefully the Anabeta and Erase will push me towards getting ripped while allowing me to continue building muscle.

Equipment:

-Bar with 260lbs weight total for dead lifting
-Two 35lb kettlebells, two 50lb kettlebells (in transit)
-Treadmill (has a nice incline feature)
-Heavy punching bag
-40lb backpack

-One bottle of Anabeta
-One bottle of Erase
-Whey protein, vitamins, etc.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 1:

I've been taking the Anabeta already for a few days, four caps daily. It's making me hot and hungry. Small increase in libido. Gained a couple pounds. Fiending for protein shakes.

Erase just arrived today. Took three caps throughout the day. No joint problems detected yet. Libido seems to be increased a bit more.

The plan is to continue taking 4 Anabeta and 3 Erase daily until supplies run out. I may consider buying more of one or the other to increase the duration of the cycle if things go well.

I've mostly been jogging on the treadmill (about an hour a day) for the last few days (recovering from intense dead lift session and kettlebell swings). Going to hit the kettlebells again in a couple days if not tomorrow (depends how my back/legs/hips feel).

End of day weight: 192lbs

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 2:

Woke up early in the morning and it quickly became apparent I should have started with 2 Erase. My joints felt odd, I was experiencing some sort of fairly intense physical malaise, though I wouldn't call it pain. Slept it off.

Took my 4 Anabeta today, 2 Erase. This should be my new regimen.

One of my 50lb kettlebells arrived today. The other is lost in the mail somewhere.

My record for single military press with 35lb was 25 reps.

Single military press with 50lb kettlebell(first time doing military press with 50lb):

10 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
15 reps with each arm
12 reps with each arm
12 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
2-3 mins between rest between sets, did better than I was expecting.

After each set my body was very hot. Felt like there should have been steam coming off of me. Lots of sweating. Felt pumped up.

Messed around with the kettlebells a bit more, drank a protein shake, then hit the treadmill.

Did 20 minutes of light cardio, hour of moderate cardio, and 10 minutes of intense cardio to end it.

Legs felt pumped afterward, and stayed that way for a couple hours. Right knee feels funny but doesn't hurt.

End of day weight: 191lbs

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for some AnaBeta/Erase goodness

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 3:

Upon awakening noticed some mild DOMS in my shoulders, and surprisingly some pretty intense DOMS in my obliques.

Walked up and down my stairs 20 times with 40lb vest on and two 35lb kettlebells. One flight of stairs with 15 stairs, 20 reps, so 300 steps up, 300 steps down total. 4/12/4 reps, with about 3 minutes between sets. I walk up the stairs with the kettlebells in the rack position, and down the stairs in farmer's walk position. Worked up a good sweat; it was streaming into my eyes (Note to self: buy sweatband.) Afterwards my skin was red all over, more so than I've ever noticed before.

Next I did 8 sets of two-handed kettlebell swings with 50lb. About 20 reps per set. I can't count reps when I'm doing swings, it just gets too damn intense during the last 5-10 reps.

Finished with 20 minutes of light cardio, and 20 minutes of moderate cardio.

Joints feel good today, right knee doesn't feel funny anymore. Can already feel DOMS creeping in on the back of my legs from swings.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 3:

Upon awakening noticed some mild DOMS in my shoulders, and surprisingly some pretty intense DOMS in my obliques.

Walked up and down the stairs 20 times with 40lb vest on and two 35lb kettlebells. I walk up the stairs with the kettlebells in the rack position, and down the stairs in farmer's walk position. Worked up a good sweat; it was streaming into my eyes (Note to self: buy sweatband.) Afterwards my skin was red all over, more so than I've ever noticed before.

Next I did 8 sets of two-handed kettlebell swings with 50lb. About 20 reps per set. I can't count reps when I'm doing swings, it just gets too damn intense during the last 5-10 reps.

Finished with 20 minutes of light cardio, and 20 minutes of moderate cardio.

Joints feel good today, right knee doesn't feel funny anymore. Can already feel DOMS creeping in on the back of my legs from swings.

how many flights of stairs do you climb?

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
how many flights of stairs do you climb?
Went back and edited day 3 to clarify this. One flight of stairs with 15 stairs, so at 20 reps, 300 steps up and 300 steps down total. I did 4/12/4 reps, with about three minute break between sets.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 4:

Woke up this morning and my traps are pretty damn sore. Must be from walking up the stairs with the kettlebells in rack position. My lats are a bit sore. The backs of my legs are somewhat sore, as well as my calves, but less than I expected them to be. Obliques are still fairly sore.

I probably won't have 50 posts until the end of my log, so linking youTube vids of the kettlebell exercises isn't possible. This will make explaining some of the exercises difficult, especially for those who aren't familiar with kettlebells. For anybody who's interested you can look up the exercises on youTube yourself; I'll try to use the proper names for the exercises.

For my workout today I warmed up with a few kettlebell snatches with a 35lb kettlebell.

50lb kettlebell snatches (first time with 50lb):

12 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
10 reps with each arm
8 reps with each arm

Next, supersets. Part of the superset involves an exercise that I don't know the name of. Basically, you do an upright row, starting from a swing position, and once you get the weight up to about chest level, you hook your thumbs under the handle and push the weight above your head and lock out. This is a two-handed kettlebell exercise which I'll just call lift A for simplicity.

Superset:

5 two-handed kettlebell upright rows
5 lift A's
5 two-handed kettlebell upright rows
5 lift A's

I performed this superset 3 times. Arms, especially shoulders, burnt like hell by the end of each superset.

The anabeta made itself apparent after the supersets, because I still felt like going. Regularly I think I would have quit at about this point but I still felt like I had some energy to burn.

Alternating two-handed chest press, using two 35lb kettlebells:

With each arm I did 5/5/5 reps, 5/5/3, 5/5/3. I do 5 reps at a time (if possible) with one arm, while keeping the other kettlebell locked out in the press position. Then I keep alternating until exhausted. Last time I did the two-handed chest press (about a week ago), I could only do 5/5. I was surprised at the improvement, especially since it was at the tail end of my workout.

Between sets of each exercise, I give myself a pretty generous break, 2-3 mins, so that I can push out as my reps in a set as possible.

No cardio today.

End of day weight: 190lbs

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
subbbeddd! nice stack!

not to thread jack by any means but feel free to check me out at ... Im a really busy guy lately so its hard for me to update by have everything written down and will be posting soon.
Thanks, subbed your thread too. I'm following quite a few of the anabeta threads, trying to gauge how it's effecting it's users as a whole. So far, so good.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in for this. A lot of users find that Erase leans them out in the first few days with some water loss. I haven't used the two products together so am interested in the synergy.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. :)

Ben

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Went back and edited day 3 to clarify this. One flight of stairs with 15 stairs, so at 20 reps, 300 steps up and 300 steps down total. I did 4/12/4 reps, with about three minute break between sets.
i was curious because i am a big fan of weighted stairclimbing. i use 5lb ankle weights on each ankle and climb my aunts high rise[21 floors]. i had been doing 4 trips, but 10 days into anabeta i did 6 trips!!! my endurance seems to be way up!!!

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
i was curious because i am a big fan of weighted stairclimbing. i use 5lb ankle weights on each ankle and climb my aunts high rise[21 floors]. i had been doing 4 trips, but 10 days into anabeta i did 6 trips!!! my endurance seems to be way up!!!
The anabeta is definitely boosting my stamina as well. I'm able to push out extra sets for all my workouts and work harder during cardio. Might want to consider a weighted vest, I find they are worth the investment (very fun to use), and many are customizable so the weight can be slowly increased. Though if I had 21 flights of stairs to climb I don't think I would need any weight at all o_O

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 5:

Still taking 4 anabeta and 2 erase daily.

Today I didn't have much to work with. DOMS in my arms, shoulders, traps, lats, obliques, calves, and lower back. However, my quads were fine, so I attacked them the best I could while trying not to use other muscle groups, giving them time to recover.

I did supersets, involving kettlebell figure 8's with the 50lb kettlebell.

There are three different kinds of figure 8's (at least) that I know of. One involves staying in a squating position during the whole movement, one involves springing to a standing position as the kettlebell switches hands, and one involves bringing the kettlebell to a hold position. So I'll call these figure 8 A, figure 8 B, and figure 8 C.

For my supersets I did:

figure 8 A, which focuses heavily on quads, until my quads were burning and about ready to give out
figure 8 B, which incorporates other muscle groups, giving my quads a bit of a break, performed until my quads mostly stopped burning
figure 8 A, focusing on the quads again, until it was impossible to continue (burned like hell!)

Did 8 supersets over 45 minutes, so about 3 minute break between sets. Maybe a bit too generous with my rest time, but each superset was intense.

No cardio again. Not sure if it's a good idea anyway after having teared up my quads.

My body is leaning out, likely due to the Erase. This is most apparent in my arms, chest, and legs. Can't really tell on my stomach because it's always full of water (this Anabeta is making me thirsty!).

Libido boost seems to be getting a bit stronger.

End of day weight: 190lbs

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The anabeta is definitely boosting my stamina as well. I'm able to push out extra sets for all my workouts and work harder during cardio. Might want to consider a weighted vest, I find they are worth the investment (very fun to use), and many are customizable so the weight can be slowly increased. Though if I had 21 flights of stairs to climb I don't think I would need any weight at all o_O

i have been using ankle weights for so long i am just used to them. when i was younger i had a pair of 15lb'ers that i used to trudge up and down in.

but you are right, it might be time to look into the vest, although i love the leg workout i get with the ankle weights.

good luck, the anabeta keeps getting better,
tom.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 6:

Woke up sore all over today, arms, legs, back. No way I could lift weights. Guess I kicked my own ass pretty good over the last few days. Was hoping I would recover faster though. Thinking about buying some BCAAs, looking at modern BCAA on nutraplanet since it doesn't have any of the artificial sweeteners and crap in it.

Wasn't sore enough to skip cardio though. Took it easy, 20 mins of light cardio, 40 minutes of moderate cardio.

Hoping my back will feel sturdy enough for barbell deadlifts tomorrow.

End of day weight: 189lbs

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 7:

Healed up pretty well, back feels about 90%. So I'll wait one more day for dead lifts, I don't wont to half-ass them.

Arms and chest feel good, so I decided to do a chest workout:

Alternating two-handed chest press with 35lb kettlebells (explained at end of day 4 workout):

5/5/5/5/5/5/5/(5?), either 7 or 8 sets of 5 reps back-to-back with each arm, lost count, wasn't expecting to do nearly that many. Highest I was able to do in the past was 5/5/5. My goal was 5/5/5/5 but my arms were not tiring so I kept going. This is more of an endurance lift, so I think the 2 anabeta I took with my pre-workout protein shake helped here.

One handed chest press with 50lb kettlebell (first time chest pressing with 50lbs):

6 reps with each arm
6 reps with each arm
7 reps with each arm (felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out trying to push out 7th rep)
7 reps with each arm
2-3 minutes rest between sets

Double chest press (pressing both at same time, not alternating), with 35lb kettlebells:

18 reps (PR, previous record is 14)
12 reps (form was kinda ugly on this set)
15 reps
2-3 min rest between sets

Alternating two-handed chest press with 35lb kettlebells:

5/5 (beginning to really tire here, took a 7 or 8 minute extended rest to see if I could recover)
5/5/5 (not much of an improvement, muscles are tired)

Crush curls with 35lb kettlebell:

6 reps

Double chest press with 35lb kettlebells:

10 reps

Crush curls with 35lb kettlebell:

9 reps

Warmed down with some isometric kettlebell exercises.

Set a couple PRs so I'm happy with how this workout went, especially considering I almost decided to take a nap instead. Arms and hopefully chest should be sore tomorrow (kettlebell press just doesn't seem to work chest as well as barbell bench press, but it does seem to work triceps better).

Going to experiment with taking 3 erase per day instead of 2, being careful to spread doses apart as much as possible. If I feel icky I'll go back to 2.

Trying to make my posts a bit easier to read, and recording my workouts better. I've never logged any workouts before so this is all new to me.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Okay, so it's been awhile since I've updated. Hurt my back, working it too hard, not warming up well enough. Nothing too serious though. Pinched sciatic nerve. Noticed the symptoms pretty quick because my mother has had lots of sciatic nerve pain. Refraining from deadlifts for awhile.

Also managed to spill a glass of water on my modem and fried it, so internet was out for a few days. Kind of got out of the habit of doing this log.

I'm going to be more general with my posts; I don't think there's much point in logging my workouts. I'm guessing less than 5% of folks here use kettlebells so this log may as well be in Portuguese for most of you.

It's been about 3 weeks since I started the anabeta and erase. I've been using 4 anabeta and 2 erase daily; 3 erase was too heavy for me. I do seem to be putting on muscle faster and leaning out some. Still setting PRs, though I'm still pretty noobish so the gains would probably be coming fast anyway.

The anabeta gets me pumped for my workouts and they last much longer with more sets and intensity, but the DOMS are more intense and last longer (48-72 hrs). For best results the anabeta definitely needs some muscle recovery supplements to back it up, in my experience. Erase, ZMA, and whey wasn't quite enough; lingering DOMS still impeded my workouts. I'm still noobish and more prone to DOMS, so others with more BBing experience probably aren't having as much trouble as I am. I may also be undershooting protein a bit.

Started titanium and adamantium 3 days ago, perhaps a bit too early to tell, but I seem to be recovering faster now.

Also started using DMAA about 10 days ago, 60-180 mg/day. Plan on doing 4 days on 1 day off to help prevent tolerance. Seems to be helping me lean out faster.

Noticed I've been neglecting certain fats. Started supplementing with coconut oil and olive oil a couple days ago.

Sorry for changing up my supp routine, I know this is getting a bit confusing. Taking 4 anabeta, 2 erase, 1 scoop adamantium, 4 titanium, 60-180mg DMAA per day. Anabeta will run out in a week or so, but supposedly it's still effective for up to a couple weeks after cessation. Bought another bottle of erase. Will buy more anabeta in the future when the package deals come in (I'm assuming they will).

Day 20ish

Discovered T-bar rows. Never knew this exercise existed. Back in highschool we never did this exercise. Seems to work my legs better than deadlifts and didn't aggrivate my back. Going to incorporate this into future workouts.

Managed to do double kettlebell snatch with two 50lb kettlebells. 2 reps. Definitely my favorite kettlebell exercise by far, pleased I can now start using the 50lb bells for it.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 22:

Set a few PRs:

35lb double kettlebell snatch: 15 --> 18 reps
50lb double kettlebell snatch: 2 --> 3 reps
50lb single kettlebell military press: 16 --> 20 reps
t-bar rows (only done this one twice, was cautious first time): 175lb 10 reps --> 220lb 10 reps

Still getting stronger while cutting weight, new supps seem to be elevating mood quite well. Recovery seems faster. PRs are coming easy, going to try to set at least one each workout. Starting to really wish I had a 70lb kettlebell.

Been using a 1-2-1 anabeta dosage. One upon awakening, two pre-workout, one post workout. Taking 2 pre-workout gives a very noticeable endurance boost, I suspect strength as well.

Morning weight: 183 lbs

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 24:

My routine as of late is to alternate one workout day with 30-45 mins cardio and one cardio day with 60-120 mins of cardio.

Today's PRs:

35lb double kettlebell snatch, 18 -> 25 reps
50lb single kettlebell half-snatch, 12-> 16 reps
35lb double kettlebell thrusters, 7 -> 11 reps
50lb double kettlebell thrusters, 0 -> 2 reps
50lb single kettlebell floor press, 7 -> 10 reps

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep the PBs coming my man!

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Ended up buying another bottle of anabeta, so I'll be doing a whole 8 weeks. Also picked up a bottle of the new alpha t2.

Day 28:

Supplement regime: 4 anabeta, 2-3 erase, 3 alpha t2, 1 scoop adamantium, 2 titanium, 60-120mg DMAA

Wasn't able to set any PRs today. The weight just felt too heavy, I felt tired, and I couldn't coordinate my muscles very well. May have not gotten enough protein today, and my workout was too far away from my last meal. Also ended up waiting about 90 minutes after taking my pre-workout supplements to do my workout. Despite not setting any PRs, once I started my workout I tried my hardest and I expect to be sore tomorrow. Must set up my workout better Friday, I wasn't satisfied with the way this one went.

Previous workout was a couple days ago, it was almost entirely swings. I think this may have slowed my momentum a bit, I'm going to make sure I have plenty of upper body exercises in each workout from now on.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Due to insomnia, day 30's workout was cancelled (bad supplement timing). Day 29 and 30 turned into one big, long day. Probably for the best though, looks like I might get into a normal sleeping schedule for once.

Day 31:

Today's PRs:

35lb double kettlebell snatch, 25 reps -> 30 reps
35lb double kettlebell thrusters, 11 reps -> 12 reps
50lb double kettlebell thrusters, 2 reps -> 3 reps
50lb single kettlebell floor press, 10 reps -> 11 reps
50lb double kettlebell floor press, 4 reps (first attempt, was tiring so I suspect this will be easy to beat)

The 50lb double kettlebell floor press actually seemed to pump up my pecs pretty well, so maybe I can get a decent chest workout with the kettlebells after all. Still losing weight and gaining strength, and it looks like my muscles are growing as well. Veins are popping out on my biceps, which is new.

Going to try eating a bit more (+250-500 cals/day), as I seem to be losing weight pretty quick. Would also like to have more energy to put into my workouts.

Morning weight: 180 lbs

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 33:

Today's PRs:

50lb single kettlebell floor press, 11 -> 14 reps
50lb double kettebell floor press, 7 -> 10 reps

Day 35:

Today's PRs:

50lb single kettlebell floor press: 14 -> 17 reps
50lb double kettlebell floor press: 10 -> 11 reps

Seeing some big improvements in kettlebell floor press. It's showing in my physique, pecs are growing quite quickly. Biceps are also growing at a very fast rate, actually seeing some stretch marks forming.

On the down side, I think my core is exhausted. I have no endurance on any of my lifts that involve generating power with my hips and the weight just feels heavier each time. Going to avoid working my core with heavy weight for 72 hours. For the last two weeks most of my kettlebell exercises have involved using two kettlebells at once, which works the core much harder (the 30 rep PR of 35lb double kettlebell snatches I did four days ago was probably the most physically exhausting and torturous thing I've ever done to myself). Most of the workouts have also included heavy T-bar rows (I do the kind where the weight is dropped almost to the floor between reps). Sometimes using my weighted vest on cardio days further taxed my core preventing it from recovering.

Overall things are going well, physique is still rapidly improving. My plan for future workouts is to alternate single kettlebell exercise days with double kettlebell and T-bar row days. Hopefully this should prevent core exhaustion in the future.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 37:

No PRs, only did floor presses, let core recover a bit more. Matched my PRs though.

Day 39:

Today's PRs:

50lb single kettlebell military press, 20 -> 21 reps
50lb single kettlebell full snatch, 10 -> 16 reps
50lb double kettlebell floor press, 11 -> 13 reps

Ran out of titanium today. 500g AAKG arrived today, gulping it down.

Core has definitely recovered. I actually seemed to get stronger as my workout went along today rather than getting weaker. Big improvement in single kettlebell snatch. Did 14 reps, then 15, then 16. Was able to generate power with my hips again. Feeling more and more comfortable with 50lb kettlebells.

Great workout today. Towards the end of my workout I felt the pump like never before, now I'm starting to understand what Arnold was rambling about in this quote:

"It is as satisfying to me as cumming is. You know -- as having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am, like, getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of five thousand people, I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night."

Ok, maybe it wasn't quite that good, but I definitely know what he's talking about.

Gained a pound or maybe two over the week, but physique is still improving. I've had a double chin all my life, even when I was down to 160lbs, but this AT2 is burning it off pretty quick (erase is probably helping too). Jawline is becoming more defined. I'm liking these results.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gained 1-2lbs this week, losing fat and getting an incredible pump? Those are the type of results I am in for!

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Day 41:

Today's PRs:

50lb double kettlebell military press, 6 reps (first attempt)

Day 43:

50lb single kettlebell military press, 21 -> 30 reps

New supplement regime:

4 caps anabeta
1 cap erase
3 caps alpha-t2
1 scoop adamantium
6-10 tabs diesel test hardcore
2 tabs T-911
6-30g AAKG (more AAKG on workout days)

Day 45:

50lb double kettlebell military press, 6 -> 10 reps
50lb double kettlebell snatch, 3 -> 4 reps
50lb double kettlebell thrusters, 3 -> 5 reps
50lb double kettlebell floor press, 13 -> 16 reps

Day 48:

50lb single kettlebell full snatch, 16 -> 20 reps

Not much to note here, progress remains steady. Leaning out has slowed, mostly I think due to increased milk consumption. Going to cut down on milk, replace with more whey. Pretty happy with the PRs I'm setting though. Muscles look bigger. Workouts are about 90-120 minutes now so I've stopped doing cardio afterwards. 90 mins cardio on non-workout days, mostly low intensity.