808rebel gets WHITE FLOODED (sponsored log)

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
First off I'd like to give a huge MAHALO to RenegadeRows and Controlled Labs for letting me test out their new White Flood Watermellon :D

I'm going to be logging white flood v2. I'm basically a die hard when it comes to preworkouts. I've taken, Nano Vapor, NO Xplod, NO Shotgun, Superpump250, White Flood v1, Supercharge Extreme, Dark Rage, Jack3d, Muscle Marinade, Mesomorph, N2KTS, and maybe a couple more. Currently I've been taking Mesomorph or N2kTS, and I like them. They're both known to be strong, so hopefully my tollerence won't hinder my opinion on WF. Either way, I'll be taking a 1 week vacation in the beginning of July, so I can "de-stim" for 7 days, and then get a clean run at the WF when I'm back from my trip.

Daily Supps:
CL Orange Triad
Fish Oil
Liv52
Xtend
Myofusion
7-KE
Combustion

My current stats are 6'3", 212lb, ~13% BF maybe less. Im recomping, trying to continue to get stronger while dropping weight. In the last 10 weeks I lost exactly 40lb. The goal at the moment is to get down below 210lb before my trip, and it looks I'm right on track.

I took White Flood the past 2 days. I can comment on it, but there was something else on my mind and I didn't have the greatest sessions. But the issue was resolved, and I should be back on top of things tomorrow. Buuuut...What I did notice so far is that I'm not sure if I like the taste. The powder itself is really tasty, but when mixed with water, it tasted a little weird. I'm going to try less water tomorrow, and try and figure it out, maybe the taste just isn't for me. On the plus side, it doesn't taste bad. Bad tasting preworkouts often give me nausea, and I haven't experienced any type of nausea, or bathroom issues, so that's awesome. The initial hit of the stims was great, but it felt like it didn't last throughout the entire workout. I'll see if I notice a difference tomorrow. My lifts have been strong the last two days, so that's good too. Starting tomorrow I'll be logging it throughout.

Here we go :bigok:

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Take 3: Today I used 2 even scoops, in exactly 16 oz. of water and it was an improvement from using 20 oz, and 24 oz. But it still didn't taste that good IMHO. Within 10 minutes I started to notice the beta tingling. Then I was getting in the zone about 30mins after taking it. Started my workout aprox 50min after finishing the drink. I like to let my stomach be completely settled and ready before starting.

The lift started out fine. But after ony a couple sets I felt like I was coming down from my preworkout high. Before I even finished all of my sets for my first exercise, I felt like I was back to normal. My lifts were decent, and I didn't make any progress from last week, normally at least one of my sets would show progress, but today there was none.

After lifting (since I'm cutting/recomping), I usually do 25-40min of cardio, or play some basketball. Today was basketball. Usually, no matter how hard of a lift day it is, if my legs are fine, I can loosen up and get into a good rythem on the court. I consider myself to be pretty athletic. Today was a quite possibly the worst day on the court I ever had. I just completely felt lethargic. I shot around for a few minutes and got stretched out, but as soon as I started playing full court, my energy was gone. My explosiveness wasn't there, my coordination was off, and my shoulders didn't loosen up, they just bothered me the entire time. First play of the first game: Our team makes a steal, I get the pass on the fast break and I go up for a uncontested dunk, I think my quad failed, my knee buckled, and I completely blew the shot. I was literally miserable all day on the court. I had no answer for what was going on.

I'm really starting to think I'm not cut out for White Flood. I've been giving it the benefit of the doubt so far, but there has been too many consecutive bad workouts. I think I'm gunna try and take a scoop of one of my other preworkouts tomorrow, and see if the lethargic feeling is still there.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
How much of a cal deficit are you running because the lethargy could be from that? And are you getting enough carbs pre-workout?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, this is very strange.
White FLOOD shouldn't be making your lifting worse, thats for sure.
And your the first person who hasn't fell in love with the taste! lol

It's only been 3 days.... Let's give it a few more tries.... everyone else is having extremely positive reactions to it!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How much of a cal deficit are you running because the lethargy could be from that? And are you getting enough carbs pre-workout?
^^^ Good question.

Like I said, you shouldn't be lethargic in the gym, PERIOD. Preworkout only adds, it doesn't hinder.
In the worst case, it would do nothing. And WF surely does SOMETHING. :)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Take 3: Today I used 2 even scoops, in exactly 16 oz. of water and it was an improvement from using 20 oz, and 24 oz. But it still didn't taste that good IMHO. Within 10 minutes I started to notice the beta tingling. Then I was getting in the zone about 30mins after taking it. Started my workout aprox 50min after finishing the drink. I like to let my stomach be completely settled and ready before starting.

The lift started out fine. But after ony a couple sets I felt like I was coming down from my preworkout high. Before I even finished all of my sets for my first exercise, I felt like I was back to normal. My lifts were decent, and I didn't make any progress from last week, normally at least one of my sets would show progress, but today there was none.

After lifting (since I'm cutting/recomping), I usually do 25-40min of cardio, or play some basketball. Today was basketball. Usually, no matter how hard of a lift day it is, if my legs are fine, I can loosen up and get into a good rythem on the court. I consider myself to be pretty athletic. Today was a quite possibly the worst day on the court I ever had. I just completely felt lethargic. I shot around for a few minutes and got stretched out, but as soon as I started playing full court, my energy was gone. My explosiveness wasn't there, my coordination was off, and my shoulders didn't loosen up, they just bothered me the entire time. First play of the first game: Our team makes a steal, I get the pass on the fast break and I go up for a uncontested dunk, I think my quad failed, my knee buckled, and I completely blew the shot. I was literally miserable all day on the court. I had no answer for what was going on.

I'm really starting to think I'm not cut out for White Flood. I've been giving it the benefit of the doubt so far, but there has been too many consecutive bad workouts. I think I'm gunna try and take a scoop of one of my other preworkouts tomorrow, and see if the lethargic feeling is still there.
Truly strange. How many carbs are you taking in a day?

I can't believe you don't like the flavor but I guess everyone's different. Out of the preworkouts you've already tried which one/s did you like the taste of?

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Hmm, this is very strange.
White FLOOD shouldn't be making your lifting worse, thats for sure.
And your the first person who hasn't fell in love with the taste! lol

It's only been 3 days.... Let's give it a few more tries.... everyone else is having extremely positive reactions to it!
I KNOW! Im really getting bummed out. I'm reading about other people's great experiences and I'm not getting it. :banghead:

Truly strange. How many carbs are you taking in a day?

I can't believe you don't like the flavor but I guess everyone's different. Out of the preworkouts you've already tried which one/s did you like the taste of?
My carb intake varies. My target is <100g per day, 90% of the time im under 100g, and 50% of the time im taking <50g/day. Now I don't know why I would suddenly become lethargic because of my diet, since I've been on this diet for over 2 months. I went through some mild lethargy in the beginning, but that was it.

Maybe im under-emphasizing my opinion of the taste. It tastes fine. But it's not like my banana myofusion where I have to stop myself from wanting more. How about I compare it to my Mesormorph (fruit punch). The meso: the flavor is good. It doesn't taste great, but with added water it becomes more suttle, like a tea. Same goes with the N2KTS (green apple) I also have. I didn't like the taste of Grape Dark Rage by MHP, nor did I like Fruit Punch Muscle Marinade, and both of those gave me nausea/diarrhea. BUT, I hated the taste of NO Shotgun (mixed berry and exotic fruit) but it always gave me epic workouts and no nausea.

Here's the thing. If I lick my finger, stick it in the powder, and then lick the powder off my finger, it tastes FOCKIN EPIC. But then I mix it with the water and it tastes a little strange. Maybe since I like the pure flavor of it, I should try it with a minimal amount of water (like maybe 8-12oz). Normally I like my powders watered-down for 2 reasons, I like a more suttle taste, and I like to get to drink as much water as possible. BUT I'll experiment with different amounts of water.

Believe me I'm trying to find my sweet spot for WF, but it hasn't happened yet.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Update: I took 2 days off of White flood, each of which I took a different preworkout, and had no issues. I also decided to fuel up, so I had a couple cheat meals, and have been eating more than usual. I was feeling better, and even set a new DL PR yesterday. So today, I was gunna just rest, but I decided to do some cardio instead. I figured, Im fueled up, feel good, why not try the White Flood out again. I took one scoop with ~6oz of water and it was good. Finally found a liking for it. For some reason it tasted strange with too much water.

About 15min after taking it I felt it kicking it, and I stated my cardio about 15 minutes after that. Cardio was good. had good energy, but nothing crazy. Didn't have any spontaneous urge to start sprinting, as I sometimes do when Im hopped up on preworkout, and know that I don't need to save any energy for the weights. Upon the ending of my treadmill session, I felt my stomach churning a bit. Within a few minutes I was heading straight for the bathroom. The nausea lasted for a couple hours til I used the bathroom again. [The other 3 times I took WF, it was shortly after eating. Today I didn't eat right before, but my stomach was by no means empty]

Idk what else to say. I'll give it another whirl when I'm back from vacation. But things aren't looking too good.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Update: I took 2 days off of White flood, each of which I took a different preworkout, and had no issues. I also decided to fuel up, so I had a couple cheat meals, and have been eating more than usual. I was feeling better, and even set a new DL PR yesterday. So today, I was gunna just rest, but I decided to do some cardio instead. I figured, Im fueled up, feel good, why not try the White Flood out again. I took one scoop with ~6oz of water and it was good. Finally found a liking for it. For some reason it tasted strange with too much water.

About 15min after taking it I felt it kicking it, and I stated my cardio about 15 minutes after that. Cardio was good. had good energy, but nothing crazy. Didn't have any spontaneous urge to start sprinting, as I sometimes do when Im hopped up on preworkout, and know that I don't need to save any energy for the weights. Upon the ending of my treadmill session, I felt my stomach churning a bit. Within a few minutes I was heading straight for the bathroom. The nausea lasted for a couple hours til I used the bathroom again. [The other 3 times I took WF, it was shortly after eating. Today I didn't eat right before, but my stomach was by no means empty]

Idk what else to say. I'll give it another whirl when I'm back from vacation. But things aren't looking too good.
That really sucks. Never had that reaction to any supp but damn man you can send me the rest of the tub if you want :thumbsup: