Essential supplements...need advise

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I want to know your guys' take on what the essential, must have supplements are. I am taking 12 scoops of Xtend/day right now, and it's bloating the hell outta me, so if it's not needed that would be welcome. Here's what I was thinking so far:

Multi (Opti-Men)
NutraPro
Creatine? (Also bloats me, so if you know of any that don't bloat, please recommend)
Some kind of greens supplement

Also was thinking of trying Athletix's Titanium, unless I should just get some bulk Divanil, Fenugreek, etc from Nutra instead?

Please tell me your opinions and suggestions!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe some blase tough guy hasn't come in here yet and hit you with a one-liner like "no supplements are essential" or "food is all you need -- do some research" and then left without offering any input that isn't dismissive and off-point.

You have a nice lineup there: the only essential supplements I use are a multi, BCAAs, fish oil, a fiber supplement, and powdered protein (whey, casein, and other mixes). Creatine isn't essential but it's certainly helpful and can be used consistently.

The majority of other supplements aren't really essential but can certainly prove useful. Nutrient partitioners (e.g. alpha lipoic acid) are becoming close to a staple for me, but aren't truly necessary. Also, I almost always use some sort of pre-workout supplement w/ stims but rarely stick with a single product long-term. (Plus, it's fun to try different products and see how they impact your training! :))

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe some blase tough guy hasn't come in here yet and hit you with a one-liner like "no supplements are essential" or "food is all you need -- do some research" and then left without offering any input that isn't dismissive and off-point.

You have a nice lineup there: the only essential supplements I use are a multi, BCAAs, fish oil, a fiber supplement, and powdered protein (whey, casein, and other mixes). Creatine isn't essential but it's certainly helpful and can be used consistently.

The majority of other supplements aren't really essential but can certainly prove useful. Nutrient partitioners (e.g. alpha lipoic acid) are becoming close to a staple for me, but aren't truly necessary. Also, I almost always use some sort of pre-workout supplement w/ stims but rarely stick with a single product long-term. (Plus, it's fun to try different products and see how they impact your training! :))
I wish Xtend didn't make me feel like crap when I megadose it or I'd use that all the time...I'll probably get some ALA, or some Recompadrol or something like that. Do you mind me asking which Whey and Casein brands you use?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Only tried one sample of AI's recover pro but personally i liked the way it mixed and blended much more than Xtend (granted i have the old formula and the new one is susposed to blend better)

ON 100% gold standard is a great one to start with. I am a little over MGN at this point, and will be switching to a store branded one when I run out.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
also I never had any bloat from Creapure labeled Creatine mono. Not sure which ones you have tried but this one is pretty much the highest quality Creatine Mono you can get.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I want to know your guys' take on what the essential, must have supplements are. I am taking 12 scoops of Xtend/day right now, and it's bloating the hell outta me, so if it's not needed that would be welcome. Here's what I was thinking so far:

Multi (Opti-Men)
NutraPro
Creatine? (Also bloats me, so if you know of any that don't bloat, please recommend)
Some kind of greens supplement

Also was thinking of trying Athletix's Titanium, unless I should just get some bulk Divanil, Fenugreek, etc from Nutra instead?

Please tell me your opinions and suggestions!
I like this lineup. People will probably disagree with me, but I find BCAA's not a staple. I use them when cutting, and if you can afford them they probably aren't bad. You get tons of BCAA's from protein powder and the meats you're eating. Whey is like 25% BCAA and has all the other EAA's. Plus it's cheaper. Animal proteins are like 18%-26% BCAA's. I would hardly consider it a "staple" though you're supplement sellers certainly hope you don't realize it. That isn't really to bash Xtend, it has some other stuff in it and I think it's a good product.

I would definitely add fish oil to the list of "essentials" unless you are eating a ton of fish. Multi, protein, fish oil, greens or health supplement would be the essentials I'd list. Creatine is close for a lot of people.

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
Ok, hows this:

Whey/Casein
Multi
Fish Oil
Fiber Supp
Bulk DAA
ALCAR
Bulk Divanex
Athletixs' Titanium

Want to give the new PES AnaBeta a whirl as well...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No wonder you get bloat from Xtend. You don't need to be taking 12 scoops a day. That is a waste. Like another guy said you get BCAA's also from your whey supplement and meats in your diet.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, hows this:

Whey/Casein
Multi
Fish Oil
Fiber Supp
Bulk DAA
ALCAR
Bulk Divanex
Athletixs' Titanium

Want to give the new PES AnaBeta a whirl as well...

You can cut out everything after Fiber Supp on that list if you looking for just essentials. But I'm the kind of guy that will come in here and tell you that nothing is essential as far as supplements go. Well, I don't think I would go with a multi vitamin.