MidwestBeast's Athletix Adamantium + Titanium Stack Log (Sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta give a shout out to my man JD for hooking me up here, as well as Athletix for the opportunity to run this combo log. I have been very intrigued by Athletix as they've come onto the scene with fairly straightforward, solid products and no prop. blends. I'm currently a couple weeks into a log for SNS, as well, running their TTA. If you want to see how my last couple weeks have gone, you can check them out here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/176987-midwestbeasts-sns-tta.html

If you know me, you know I'm battling a non-functioning/under-functioning thyroid and that has essentially kept me at the same weight for the better part of a year. In a few more days, I should get my latest blood test results back which will indicate if I am dealing with what I think I am, or I'll just be up a creek lol.

I'm also just past a month into a break of no stimulants. I plan on going another 2 months, then seeing how my sensitivity is. If it's still not what it should be, I'll stay off stims for another couple months (whatever it takes to bring it back).

I also just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii which were 2 weeks I spent entirely out of the gym (first time since I was about 20 or younger and playing baseball / taking summers off). I lost a lot of strength in that time, along with size, which is easily attributed to my lack of eating out there. I did, however, surf, snorkle and hike a ton, so I wasn't a couch potato (nor was I killing my liver).

So, I guess what that means is right now my main goal is strength gain! Ideally, my top goal is cutting body fat at all costs, but until the thyroid cooperates, I am focusing on getting the strength up and keeping it there. I'll also be trying to gain a bit of muscle until it's corrected, likely. I'm focusing more on recomp type results than a straight cut at the moment. Remember, whenever the thyroid cooperates, it's game on and cut time at the drop of a dime, though.

I run a pretty detailed log and am usually updating multiple times a day. So, please ask questions and leave comments! That's what I'm here for.

I took my first cap of Titanium with an evening meal last night and today was Day 1 of the actual stack.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)
BB Shrugs (bar behind back): 295x15/295x15/295x14/295x13/225x16
DB Shrugs: 90's x 25 / 90's x 30

Total Workout Time: 60 minutes

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

Tomorrow is chest!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7-21-11 Final Review:

Yesterday was my last day of Titanium. I still have a bit of Adamantium left that I will continue using pre-workout since I'm still going without any stimulants. I will be ending my log now, though, as most of the excitement has taken its course :)

This is a very solid stack and I'd highly recommend it. Around 10-14 days in, I started noticing some minor acne popping up on my back and shoulders, which is not something that usually happens to me. That was a good sign of what was going on. For the first 3 weeks of this run, my libido was significantly raised and it's returned to about normal levels the past week.

I attribute a lot of the effects outside of libido to the Titanium, because when using solely DAA, the only thing I seem to notice is the huge surge in sex drive.

I can't comment too much on strength gains for 2 reasons: 1) I had just taken 2 weeks off entirely when I went to Hawaii, so my strength tanked pretty hard and 2) I normally don't really plateau and can make small strength gains on a weekly basis across the board even without any supplements (outside of the staples).

I also can't comment on any visual effects, unfortunately. With my thyroid issue being what it is, it doesn't matter what I eat or how much -- I just stick in one spot.

Adamantium is a great pre-workout and for a non-stim route, I'd certainly recommend it. The thing that I'd love to have in there is something for more focus outside of the tyrosine.

For the cost, I'd definitely recommend Titanium. It does its job well.

A big thank you is in order for Athletix and my man JD for setting me up with this log. This will likely be my last sponsored log for some time (unless it's something really special). Until I get my thyroid issues sorted the rest of the way, I'll pretty much just coast on supplements and whenever it's fixed, I will be cutting hardcore and you can rest assured I'll have a photo log running.

Last edited:

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
of course I'm in. You'll get them numbers up homie.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course I'm in. You'll get them numbers up homie.
You better be in. My success is yours. And vice versa, lol.

Now we just need to get you logging so you can show off all those numbers and get me pissed off so I get stronger lol.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
haha, thanks man. I'm too embarrassed to be logging atm. Not so much with my numbers, those are pretty decent, not the best of my life or anything, but decent. Its the number on the scale that's embarrassing!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha, thanks man. I'm too embarrassed to be logging atm. Not so much with my numbers, those are pretty decent, not the best of my life or anything, but decent. Its the number on the scale that's embarrassing!
Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's out of our control and we're actively doing everything we can to fix it. I find that logging helps keep me on track and of course being on here helps me not fall into that hole of depression from minimal results and all the work lol.

I was actually thinking about this earlier today -- think about how awesome it will be whenever it gets sorted out for us, man. We're used to working SO hard and doing everything right that it's just gonna be like time flying in the mirror for us. I don't know how close you are to it or I am, but whenever it gets here, it's gonna be so much fun. We're just putting in our time.

And this was in my daily devotional from this morning:

"In all the setbacks of your life as a believer, God is plotting for your joy." —John Piper

It's all on His time. It'll happen eventually :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
form + ROM > weight. LOL, I never noticed that in your sig until today. I literally laughed out loud when I read that :biggthumpup:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the detail brotha and love the quote as well.

O MAN IM PUMPED UP FOR THIS LOG :D
Thanks, buddy. I'm pretty pumped for it, too. Speaking of which, my delts and traps were pretty inflated after tonight's session. I'd love to get some shots in the gym with the shadows and lighting that really accentuates the look, but I'd rip any guy doing that in there, so I lead by example lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
form + ROM > weight. LOL, I never noticed that in your sig until today. I literally laughed out loud when I read that :biggthumpup:
Just put it in there tonight, actually lol. I can't remember when it came to me, but sometime yesterday or today it really stuck out in my head (likely from watching teens in the gym "squatting" 3 plates and barely moving 1/8 of the way down :banghead:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so here are some updates:

- I took the gym off on Wednesday and Thursday. If I'm following my normal split, those would be chest and back days, respectively, with Friday off. I'll be hitting both on Friday, instead. I'll likely not hit chest all that much as upper chest development is the biggest concern I have with my chest.

- In all honesty, it's just stemmed from the whole thyroid thing and my desire to be in the gym isn't gone by any means, but it isn't AS driven as it is when I'm getting results (or at least wasn't aware that I wasn't making any progress). It doesn't seem to matter what or how much I eat or what I do lifting or cardio wise, the scale and mirror just don't budge (aside from short term muscle pumps post-gym). My mindset turned a BIT toward that I'm not gonna be so OCD on everything as I normally am when my body id working against me. This doesn't mean I won't be trying or working hard at all; just not as strict as I normally am.

- I called the endo's office today and they said my bloodwork from a week ago won't be in until some time next week. I was hoping it would be sooner, but it's all in God's time. I'm trying to be patient.

- I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.

- I've been dosing the Titanium at 1 cap 2x/day with meals. I've only used the Adamantium once, still.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so here are some updates:

- I took the gym off on Wednesday and Thursday. If I'm following my normal split, those would be chest and back days, respectively, with Friday off. I'll be hitting both on Friday, instead. I'll likely not hit chest all that much as upper chest development is the biggest concern I have with my chest.

- In all honesty, it's just stemmed from the whole thyroid thing and my desire to be in the gym isn't gone by any means, but it isn't AS driven as it is when I'm getting results (or at least wasn't aware that I wasn't making any progress). It doesn't seem to matter what or how much I eat or what I do lifting or cardio wise, the scale and mirror just don't budge (aside from short term muscle pumps post-gym). My mindset turned a BIT toward that I'm not gonna be so OCD on everything as I normally am when my body id working against me. This doesn't mean I won't be trying or working hard at all; just not as strict as I normally am.

- I called the endo's office today and they said my bloodwork from a week ago won't be in until some time next week. I was hoping it would be sooner, but it's all in God's time. I'm trying to be patient.

- I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.

- I've been dosing the Titanium at 1 cap 2x/day with meals. I've only used the Adamantium once, still.
Damn that has to be frustrating buddy, I know you train hard doing Cardio and weight workouts, hopefully the endo can fix this.

Hope training goes good for you tomorrow, stay in there buddy! You will figure something out and everything will come together!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn that has to be frustrating buddy, I know you train hard doing Cardio and weight workouts, hopefully the endo can fix this.

Hope training goes good for you tomorrow, stay in there buddy! You will figure something out and everything will come together!
Thanks, bro. It's very much appreciated.

Subbed! :)

Kill that **** bro and don't worry everything will workout :)
Thanks, bud!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/24/11 - Chest & Back

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/205x10/245x6/255x4/225x10/185x10
Bench Press: 225x12/275x5/225x8
Decline DB Bench Press: 75's x 13 / 85's x 14 / 85's x 15

Bent-over Rows: 155x15/x12/x10/x8 (supersetted with pullups)
Pullups: x8/x8/x7/x8
T-Bar Rows: 145x15/x12/x10/x8
Seated Rows (wide/neutral grip): 140x15/160x12/180x10/200x8

Chest numbers are getting back up there slowly. It's also noticeable when I'm pressing, the imbalances I have in my back from the imbalance in my pelvis. I normally draw my shoulderblades in tight and have that foundation underneath me to be able to press more, but the imbalance has left me with a little bit more muscle on one side of my upper back than the other, so the presses are off balance.

Anyway, number are slowly coming back up. It wasn't the best workout ever, but they're getting back to where they used to be.

I'm on my way to hit arms in a few minutes.

Thursday night I went ahead and mixed up Layne Norton's cheesecake recipe, except I doubled it because I bought a 9"x13" cake pan instead of a 9" pie pan lol. I had bought enough to fix 2 cheesecakes, so I figured I'd just double it up, anyway. I also added in extra protein and here's what my version consists of:

- 8 large eggs
- 4lbs fat free cheese cake
- 2 cups splenda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 scoops Tru-Nutrition vanilla Isology protein

Mix it all up with an electric beater in a large bowl. Pour it into the cake pan (fills it almost to the top). Have the oven pre-heated to 350 and then place the pan in for an hour. It'll brown up a bit on the top and when you pull it out at an hour it'll feel a bit undone in the middle, still (if you tap the top of it, it'll jiggle like fat). Let the pan cool enough that you can stick it in the fridge (or if you have metal racks, put it in immediately) for several hours.

I added a tad bit more on the vanilla, cinnamon and milk. None are anything worth mentioning; might be just a few drops of each and maybe 1/3 cup more of milk.

The macros I ended up with for this mixture are:

2,652 calories
40g fat
141g carbs
432g protein

0623012147a.jpg

It turned out absolutely delicious. It's incredibly filling, too, which is surprising for it only being 260 calories if you cut it into 10 pieces (they're BIG pieces, too -- 4g fat/14g carb/42g protein). Topping it with light Cool Whip is really good and what's also really good is adding some natural peanut butter on top of it, too.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/25/11 - Arms

Olympic Bar Curls: 65x15/85x12/105x12/110x12/110x12/90x15
DB Hammer Curls: 65's x 12 / x 12 / 75's x 12 / x 12 / 25's x 12 (very slow)
Overhead Ring Curls: 70x15/x15/x15/x15

Straight-bar Tri Pushdowns: 150x15/170x15/190x15/190x15
Overhead Tri Rope Extension/Roll: 125x12/x12/x12/x12
Reverse Ring Curl: 40x15x15x15 (all done very slowly and contraction held)

Reverse Wrist Rolls: 95x25/105x20/115x20
DB Wrist Curls: 30x10/x10

Total Workout Time: 82 Minutes

This was definitely the best arm workout I've had since being back and they were looking very full, swollen and pumped today. I took 1.5 scoops of Adamantium + 2g LCLT + 3.5g Creatine Nitrate pre-workout, which I'll say is a phenomenal combo when going non-stim.

Brought my numbers up at least on one or two sets for all lifts that were repeated from my last arm session since being back from Hawaii. It was dead in the gym today, which I always enjoy. I just got into the zone. I was really feeling some TobyMac, too:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
mwb, i have been following your logs/progress for so long that i feel like i have a vested interest in your success-good luck!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mwb, i have been following your logs/progress for so long that i feel like i have a vested interest in your success-good luck!!!
Thanks, T!

This past year has certainly been a bump in the road, but everything happens for a reason and this has to be a learning experience of some sort. I'm hoping this is the real road to recovery :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, T!

This past year has certainly been a bump in the road, but everything happens for a reason and this has to be a learning experience of some sort. I'm hoping this is the real road to recovery :)

think positive-look at how messed up you would be if you hadn't been doing all this good stuff for so long! actually you aren't as far away from being where you want to be as you might think.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
think positive-look at how messed up you would be if you hadn't been doing all this good stuff for so long! actually you aren't as far away from being where you want to be as you might think.
Very true.

There are certainly days that are harder than others, but I always remind myself that there are others who have things far worse than I do.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very true.

There are certainly days that are harder than others, but I always remind myself that there are others who have things far worse than I do.

my volunteer work at the va hospital really brings that home. breaks my heart to see a 20 year old paraplegic.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my volunteer work at the va hospital really brings that home. breaks my heart to see a 20 year old paraplegic.
I can't even imagine.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O man that looks so yummy!

Great updates, sick workouts, gotta love a good arm pump, that combo looks deadly for arm pumps!

Thats sucks about the T4, I'd get off it too, doesn't sound to be doing much.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Beast ! Complete with john piper quotes and all .. I am in for sure, and where would I guy like me get this fat free cheesecake you speak of ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O man that looks so yummy!

Great updates, sick workouts, gotta love a good arm pump, that combo looks deadly for arm pumps!

Thats sucks about the T4, I'd get off it too, doesn't sound to be doing much.
Thanks, bro. And yeah, I love leading with biceps and capping off with triceps at the end and then nailing forearms at the end, too. I wish they had a wrist-roll bar/chain at my gym. I HATED those in high school for baseball, but they sure work.

And I've skipped one dose of T4 so far and I'm happy about it. It'll be a while before I notice anything from it, but mentally I'm happy to see it go.

Beast ! Complete with john piper quotes and all .. I am in for sure, and where would I guy like me get this fat free cheesecake you speak of ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Glad to have you here, bro!

And the cheesecake is bomb. I got everything I needed for it at the grocery; pretty simple recipe (aside from the extra protein I had and added in). I think I put the recipe up, right? If I didn't, let me know.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Gotta give a shout out to my man JD for hooking me up here, as well as Athletix for the opportunity to run this combo log. I have been very intrigued by Athletix as they've come onto the scene with fairly straightforward, solid products and no prop. blends. I'm currently a couple weeks into a log for SNS, as well, running their TTA. If you want to see how my last couple weeks have gone, you can check them out here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/176987-midwestbeasts-sns-tta.html

If you know me, you know I'm battling a non-functioning/under-functioning thyroid and that has essentially kept me at the same weight for the better part of a year. In a few more days, I should get my latest blood test results back which will indicate if I am dealing with what I think I am, or I'll just be up a creek lol.

I'm also just past a month into a break of no stimulants. I plan on going another 2 months, then seeing how my sensitivity is. If it's still not what it should be, I'll stay off stims for another couple months (whatever it takes to bring it back).

I also just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii which were 2 weeks I spent entirely out of the gym (first time since I was about 20 or younger and playing baseball / taking summers off). I lost a lot of strength in that time, along with size, which is easily attributed to my lack of eating out there. I did, however, surf, snorkle and hike a ton, so I wasn't a couch potato (nor was I killing my liver).

So, I guess what that means is right now my main goal is strength gain! Ideally, my top goal is cutting body fat at all costs, but until the thyroid cooperates, I am focusing on getting the strength up and keeping it there. I'll also be trying to gain a bit of muscle until it's corrected, likely. I'm focusing more on recomp type results than a straight cut at the moment. Remember, whenever the thyroid cooperates, it's game on and cut time at the drop of a dime, though.

I run a pretty detailed log and am usually updating multiple times a day. So, please ask questions and leave comments! That's what I'm here for.

I took my first cap of Titanium with an evening meal last night and today was Day 1 of the actual stack.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)
BB Shrugs (bar behind back): 295x15/295x15/295x14/295x13/225x16
DB Shrugs: 90's x 25 / 90's x 30

Total Workout Time: 60 minutes

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

Tomorrow is chest!
I'm in MWB! This should be a great stack. Athletix is definitely bringing some fun around here lately. Looking forward to another great log.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in MWB! This should be a great stack. Athletix is definitely bringing some fun around here lately. Looking forward to another great log.
And we don't plan on stopping anytime soon ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have you aboard, man. Definitely looking forward to the duration of this, as well.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After church yesterday, I just stuck around the house. I wasn't in the zone to bring legs home, so I'm gonna hit them tonight along with delts/traps after my session with the chiropractor after work.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
After church yesterday, I just stuck around the house. I wasn't in the zone to bring legs home, so I'm gonna hit them tonight along with delts/traps after my session with the chiropractor after work.
Does your chiro recommend any specific amount of time before hitting the gym after an adjustment? I've always wondered about that. I tend to try not to go on leg days so I'm not compressing the **** out of my spine right after.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That cheesecake looks delish man. Gonna make it this week.. Been having some back problems bro?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does your chiro recommend any specific amount of time before hitting the gym after an adjustment? I've always wondered about that. I tend to try not to go on leg days so I'm not compressing the **** out of my spine right after.
He didn't say anything about it and I didn't ask. I'll bring it up the next time I'm in there, though. What I'm having done is pretty minimal at this point.

That cheesecake looks delish man. Gonna make it this week.. Been having some back problems bro?
It's phenomenal. I actually swung by the grocery store to pick up a few more pounds of fat free cream cheese to whip up another one before the weekend hits lol. Considering I added in 120 extra grams of protein, it tastes great.

And I haven't actually had any back problems in terms of pain or anything, but I'd been thinking I had one leg longer than the other and noticing a shoulder rolled forward. It had gotten to the point that it was agonizingly noticeable (if you check out some of my Hawaii pics, Beast, you can see when I rest with my arms at my sides, my left arm ends up almost in front of me instead of at my side). I have zero pain, but with all the lifting it just seemed to be making it worse. Turns out I have a pelvic imbalance (hence one leg feeling longer when it isn't) and he's also gonna work on getting my shoulders back even (I'm guessing the leg led to that problem).

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He didn't say anything about it and I didn't ask. I'll bring it up the next time I'm in there, though. What I'm having done is pretty minimal at this point. It's phenomenal. I actually swung by the grocery store to pick up a few more pounds of fat free cream cheese to whip up another one before the weekend hits lol. Considering I added in 120 extra grams of protein, it tastes great.And I haven't actually had any back problems in terms of pain or anything, but I'd been thinking I had one leg longer than the other and noticing a shoulder rolled forward. It had gotten to the point that it was agonizingly noticeable (if you check out some of my Hawaii pics, Beast, you can see when I rest with my arms at my sides, my left arm ends up almost in front of me instead of at my side). I have zero pain, but with all the lifting it just seemed to be making it worse. Turns out I have a pelvic imbalance (hence one leg feeling longer when it isn't) and he's also gonna work on getting my shoulders back even (I'm guessing the leg led to that problem).
Do you have a link for the actual recipe?I have some cake batter WPI I'm sure would go well with the cheesecake..Interesting about the imbalance.. I have a low back injury that just never fully heals. Thinking its about time I see a chiro.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have a link for the actual recipe?I have some cake batter WPI I'm sure would go well with the cheesecake..Interesting about the imbalance.. I have a low back injury that just never fully heals. Thinking its about time I see a chiro.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par42.htm

Near the bottom of the page. I doubled it when I did my recipe and added in 4 scoops of WPI (30g protein/scoop). Mixed it in a huge bowl with an electric beater and it fit perfectly into my 9"x13" cake pan. I baked mine for an hour and probably could have let it go for a bit longer, but I wouldn't risk it (it browned up on top just a bit; not burnt). I also added maybe another 1/3 cup of milk and added a dash more of the vanilla and cinnamon. I just used skim milk and not a low-carb milk. Everything I saw that was lost its protein, so it wasn't worth it to me for how little milk was in it anyway.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He didn't say anything about it and I didn't ask. I'll bring it up the next time I'm in there, though. What I'm having done is pretty minimal at this point.

It's phenomenal. I actually swung by the grocery store to pick up a few more pounds of fat free cream cheese to whip up another one before the weekend hits lol. Considering I added in 120 extra grams of protein, it tastes great.

And I haven't actually had any back problems in terms of pain or anything, but I'd been thinking I had one leg longer than the other and noticing a shoulder rolled forward. It had gotten to the point that it was agonizingly noticeable (if you check out some of my Hawaii pics, Beast, you can see when I rest with my arms at my sides, my left arm ends up almost in front of me instead of at my side). I have zero pain, but with all the lifting it just seemed to be making it worse. Turns out I have a pelvic imbalance (hence one leg feeling longer when it isn't) and he's also gonna work on getting my shoulders back even (I'm guessing the leg led to that problem).
just tried the cheesecake-talked my wife into making it.....very good, even the wife liked it!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just tried the cheesecake-talked my wife into making it.....very good, even the wife liked it!!!
Glad to hear it, man! After making it, I'm definitely planning on making more things like this from now on. I'll look even more forward to it once the thyroid issue is resolved lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear it, man! After making it, I'm definitely planning on making more things like this from now on. I'll look even more forward to it once the thyroid issue is resolved lol.
i never knew there were so many healthy recipes!!! i love my venison chili!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i never knew there were so many healthy recipes!!! i love my venison chili!!!
Tons out there for sure. And I love venison anything lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/27/11 - Legs/Delts/Traps

Solo Leg Extensions: 60x15/90x15/105x15/120x15/135x10/135x10
Standing DB Shoulder Press: 45's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 55's x 15 / 60's x 15
Seated Leg Curls: 100x15/115x15/130x15/130x15/130x15
DB Side Laterals: 50's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 60's x 15 / 60's x 15
Seated Calf Extensions: 255x20/255x20/255x20/255x20 (stack maxed out)
Smith Machine Shrugs (bar in front): 270x20/270x20/270x20

Total Workout Time: 64 minutes

The two delt workouts were supersetted into my first two leg workouts. Numbers on both extensions and curls went up across each set, so that's good. In all honesty, I was feeling sick down in the pit of my chest, so I didn't push the workout past what I did. On top of that, my right knee felt bruised right around the 3rd set or so of the extensions right off the bat. I shouldn't have even pushed that many sets past, but I did. There was no way I was going to squat or press, though, with that tweaked the way it was. I've done that before and I'd rather have one subpar workout than be sidelined for weeks.

It's odd, though, because the feeling in my chest reminds me of not having eaten enough, yet my metabolism still hasn't bounced to where it needs to be. So I've got the worst of both worlds lol. I've got the slow metabolism, but I get the feeling that my body has burned through its energy sources almost instantly.

6/28/11 - Basketball for ~2 hours

This was the longest we've played over at the church, yet. We only had 5 again, so it was 2 on 2 and one person would sit. I played the first game and was horribly winded. This is the second time I've played since being back from Hawaii and I took last week off because I worked late. It's also the first time I've played since I stopped taking my T4 on Saturday. I had a throbbing pain in the right side of my stomach, which had me a bit worried. I opted to sit the 2nd game just because I couldn't play through even if I wanted to. After that, though, it was enough time for me to cool down and feel good. I didn't sit the rest of the time and played another 4 or 5 games (maybe 6, I don't know how many lol) and felt surprisingly good the rest of the way.

I had two 32 oz Gatorades with 12g of 4:1:1 BCAAs added into each that I drank throughout. I used to try to not take in the extra sugar, but when I play basketball, I don't care anymore and honestly, I need it.

Overall it felt great, though.

I called the doctor's office yesterday and they said that my blood results were, in fact, in (from being done just shy of 2 weeks ago). I asked if they could fax the results to me and she said yes, but not until the doctor had looked at it first. So, not only have I been waiting 2 weeks for them to get processed and back, but now that they are, they won't let me look at them before the doctor does. I'm not too happy about that, but getting upset doesn't do any good. I'm going to call again this afternoon and ask if I don't hear from them first. I'll be polite, but will basically tell them that this is my well-being we're talking about and I just want to know what the results show.

As much as I don't like the idea of being on T3 for life, it still would explain everything and I would know what I'm actually dealing with. That being said, I was praying last night before I went to bed that these tests would confirm that.

I'll update when I know anything.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully they can put there **** into high gear and let you know the results asap.

Nice workout and BBall can be a killer cardio! Keep killin it bro!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully they can put there **** into high gear and let you know the results asap.

Nice workout and BBall can be a killer cardio! Keep killin it bro!
Didn't hear back after it had been 24 hours, so I called and left a message. Then I called 3 more times and never got through. A full day passes. Needless to say I'm not at all pleased with this. My doctor just got back from medical leave, and I know they're swamped, but the least they could do is send me the results so I can look them over while they're getting caught up on things. It's like they seem to forget how much these things affect peoples' lives. I feel like I've been living my life with the pause button on for nearly the last year and it is horribly frustrating to wait each additional day just feeling miserable.

I love basketball. When i was in college and grad school we'd run up to 10 games a night and be out there for about 3 hours 4-5 days a week. I can't wait to be back in that condition from an aerobic standpoint.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/29/11 - Chest

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/225x10/245x7/255x5/265x3/225x10/185x10
Bench Press: 225x10/245x8/265x5/275x4/225x8
Decline DB Bench Press: 90's x 12 / 90's x 12 / 90's x 12

Inclines felt great. Numbers and strength went up from last week and I'm slowly getting back to where my strength was on it before leaving for Hawaii (i.e. at my all-time best). After 8 sets on incline, I was pretty worthless on flat bench. Also, I started getting sore in my left front delt, and I didn't realize until after that I'd just done delts/traps between my leg work on Monday, so that was pretty short rest for me to hit chest.

Not a phenomenal day by any means, but the additional strength on incline was nice.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't hear back after it had been 24 hours, so I called and left a message. Then I called 3 more times and never got through. A full day passes. Needless to say I'm not at all pleased with this. My doctor just got back from medical leave, and I know they're swamped, but the least they could do is send me the results so I can look them over while they're getting caught up on things. It's like they seem to forget how much these things affect peoples' lives. I feel like I've been living my life with the pause button on for nearly the last year and it is horribly frustrating to wait each additional day just feeling miserable.

I love basketball. When i was in college and grad school we'd run up to 10 games a night and be out there for about 3 hours 4-5 days a week. I can't wait to be back in that condition from an aerobic standpoint.

Ya the health care takes there time with everything.

I hear ya, it always feels good to lift heavy, but when your cardio and conditioning is at your best I always find you feel the best/healthiest all the time.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but when your cardio and conditioning is at your best I always find you feel the best/healthiest all the time.
This is exactly true. I long to have that back, lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/2/11 - Back

Pullups: BWx12/x12/x11/x8
Bent-over Rows: 165x15/x12/x10/x8
T-Bar Rows: 150x15/x12/x10/x8
DB Rows: 75x15/x12/x10/x8
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10
Lat Pulldowns: 140x12/x12/x10

7/4/11 - Arms

Olympic Bar Curls: 65x15/90x12/110x12/115x12/115x12/95x15
DB Hammer Curls: 65's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Overhead Ring Curls: 75x15/x15/x15/70x15

Straight Tri Bar Pushdowns: 160x15/180x15/190x15/190x15
Overhead Tri Bar Extensions: 130x12/x12/x12/x12
Reverse Ring Curls (very slow contractions): 40x15/x15/x15/x15

Reverse Wrist Rolls: 100x25/110x20/120x20

7/5/11 - Basketball - 2 hours

I also need to note that about a week ago, I've noticed some pimples popping up here and there; nothing major at all, but I rarely get them, so it's quite probably that it's due to the increase in testosterone production due to the Titanium namely (DAA never did this to me).

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/2/11 - Back

Pullups: BWx12/x12/x11/x8
Bent-over Rows: 165x15/x12/x10/x8
T-Bar Rows: 150x15/x12/x10/x8
DB Rows: 75x15/x12/x10/x8
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10
Lat Pulldowns: 140x12/x12/x10

7/4/11 - Arms

Olympic Bar Curls: 65x15/90x12/110x12/115x12/115x12/95x15
DB Hammer Curls: 65's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Overhead Ring Curls: 75x15/x15/x15/70x15

Straight Tri Bar Pushdowns: 160x15/180x15/190x15/190x15
Overhead Tri Bar Extensions: 130x12/x12/x12/x12
Reverse Ring Curls (very slow contractions): 40x15/x15/x15/x15

Reverse Wrist Rolls: 100x25/110x20/120x20

7/5/11 - Basketball - 2 hours

I also need to note that about a week ago, I've noticed some pimples popping up here and there; nothing major at all, but I rarely get them, so it's quite probably that it's due to the increase in testosterone production due to the Titanium namely (DAA never did this to me).
Great update!

I'm guessing it's from the Testofen and DAA with the helps of LCLT as it will enhance the overall test boost :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established