Trying To Get Some Work Done with Focus XT (Sponsored)

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Whats up everyone,

This is my first sponsored log...big thanks to the SNS team for letting me log
Focus XT. I usually just stick with what is tried and true for me...so this is a
great opportunity to try something new.

Current Stats:
5'10"
219lbs
Around 14%

Training;
4x a week...Powerlifting/Compound for size

I recently just cut down a bit from 228ish...sort of just for something new
since I had been bulking for so long. I did get leaner, but don't care too much and
wish I would have stayed up in weight. I'm more into the strongman body style
than the bodybuilder style, so bf isn't too much of a concern to me. My general
gauge to stay happy is if my chest is out further than my stomach, I'm happy haha.
Not sure what it is but I typically stay pretty lean anyway because I only buy
clean foods, and I've never been into junk/desserts. I keep my cals around 4000-4500
right now, protein at around 350, and don't count carbs.

Current Supplements:
Kre Alkalyn
Multi
Fish oil
ON Whey
SNS Reduce XT - Just finished PCT and still wanna keep my cort. levels good...especially while reviewing a stim

Previous stims:
Caffeine
Blue Up w/ stim
MAN Swagger
A few different PreWO's

Goals with Focus XT:
See how it affects my work at school, work, and training

What I will talk about throughout this log:
General feeling
Performance at work, school, and the gym
Taste
Duration of effects
Tolerance throughout the weeks
Positive/Negative sides

Towards the end of the log, when I have a good understanding of how Focus XT affects
me, I will address the claims on a scale of 1-10 so everyone can kind of get a
feeling for it.

What can it do for you?
-Improved Mental Focus
-Mental Alertness and Concentration
-Mental Clarity
-Anti-Stress Properties
-Maximizing Energy Levels
-Optimal Mental Performance
-Concentration
-Memory
-Improved Endurance
-Pre-Athletic Activity Energy and Focus
-Increased Fat Burning During Exercise
-Improved Mind-Muscle Connection
-Combating Overtraining
-Pre-Workout Energy and Focus

Post up any suggestions or questions throughout.

Just got my package and wanted to start off my log while I had a little time. I'm gonna use FXT pre wo today so I'll update in a bit.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In to follow along. I think/hope you will be really pleased.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey there Matt!!
Also in 4 some FO-tothe-CUS!
You say you're finishing up PCT...what from, If I may ask?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT quickly replaced all my other preworkouts. I love the mental clarity and focus I get from it.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT quickly replaced all my other preworkouts. I love the mental clarity and focus I get from it.

how about well being and stress? I love this as much as the clarity and focus you mentioned! =)

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Hey there Matt!!
Also in 4 some FO-tothe-CUS!
You say you're finishing up PCT...what from, If I may ask?
Pmag run at 100mgs for 4 weeks, just got done PCT and need a good pre wo to keep my workouts intense

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I took one scoop pre wo today for some heavy deads and squats...WOW

I did not want to stop lifting at all. This stuff is awesome for pwo. Some pwo's make me sick to my stomach...not the case at all with Focus XT. The focus factor was definitely insane, it was a totally different feeling. Not like I was all stimmed out, just concentrated. It really made my workout great. The feeling continued for quite some time after the workout...just felt in a great mood which was a result of FXT and having an awesome workout.

Also, I wanted to comment on the taste. I don't think it is possible for this stuff to taste any better. It is by far the best tasting supplement I've ever used. I chose the pink lemonade flavor...ended up sipping on it like it was a regular glass of lemonade. Even though I don't really care what stuff taste like, when it actually taste good it makes it a million times better.

Really loving it after my first day

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in :)

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I did not want to stop lifting at all. This stuff is awesome for pwo. Some pwo's make me sick to my stomach...not the case at all with Focus XT. The focus factor was definitely insane, it was a totally different feeling. Not like I was all stimmed out, just concentrated. It really made my workout great. The feeling continued for quite some time after the workout...just felt in a great mood which was a result of FXT and having an awesome workout.

Also, I wanted to comment on the taste. I don't think it is possible for this stuff to taste any better. It is by far the best tasting supplement I've ever used. I chose the pink lemonade flavor...ended up sipping on it like it was a regular glass of lemonade. Even though I don't really care what stuff taste like, when it actually taste good it makes it a million times better.

sweet .. glad you reacted well to it .. as stated above awesome preworkout ..but great for other occasions as well.

and yea taste is off the charts

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
In. I've been curious about this one lately. I love some good focus in the gym!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is an awesome product, not just for focus when you need it for studying, driving for miles, night jobs, etc. IT is also a great pre workout ;)

matt352

Awards
  • Established
So I took a scoop this morning before breakfast...got some good food in me...then started my day. I had to do a lot of running around as two clients had be running all over the place. I had to build a computer for one client, which went so easy. I was just in like a tunnel...me and the computer. It isn't hard to begin with but I was just so concentrated on the task that it was done before I even thought about it. Made some extra money too :) I took the FXT at around 9ish and I am still feeling the effects. It seems to last a while and I don't crash at all which is nice. I think it is because it doesn't get me all jittery so you slowly feel it and then it slowly goes away.

Today was supposed to be an off day but I'm gonna do max effort bench today because I have the energy and got done all of my work early.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Dude its much better than other preworkouts I've tried. It isn't jittery energy. It actually helps you like concentrate on what you are doing instead of just giving you the energy to blast through. I had some bad experiences with preworkouts, but this is awesome. Also, it makes you feel awesome after the workout. You should definitely pick some up and try it out...guaranteed you will like it.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Dude its much better than other preworkouts I've tried. It isn't jittery energy. It actually helps you like concentrate on what you are doing instead of just giving you the energy to blast through. I had some bad experiences with preworkouts, but this is awesome. Also, it makes you feel awesome after the workout. You should definitely pick some up and try it out...guaranteed you will like it.
I have yet to workout on it other than 30 minutes of cardio... but I agree afterward I felt great...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pmag run at 100mgs for 4 weeks, just got done PCT and need a good pre wo to keep my workouts intense
Ah, Pmag...that go well for ya?
Awesome to see you've torn into this already...and going well, I see! :)

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Ah, Pmag...that go well for ya?
Awesome to see you've torn into this already...and going well, I see! :)
Yea pmag is my favorite always good gains that are easy to maintain.
My next test with FXT is school. I happened to get my package right after finals week so I didn't get to test it out as far as school work. I start up again this Monday so I'll be able to put it to the test. This is what I'm most excited for actually. I already know it will, but I'm really hoping the FXT can take my school work to the next level.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Kind of a weird question but maybe someone has had a similar experience. This does not happen with FXT, but with other preworkouts I have tried I notice that when I drink it...the back outer parts of my tongue get this weird bitter taste on them. It is really strange and gross. Like I said, I don't get it with FXT, but curious if anyone has ever had this happen. Maybe from a certain ingredient?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you've found good use for it so far, inside and out of the gym. I us it for my cardio sessions and school as well.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea pmag is my favorite always good gains that are easy to maintain.
My next test with FXT is school. I happened to get my package right after finals week so I didn't get to test it out as far as school work. I start up again this Monday so I'll be able to put it to the test. This is what I'm most excited for actually. I already know it will, but I'm really hoping the FXT can take my school work to the next level.
nice .. hopefully we'll see some A's on the report card

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kind of a weird question but maybe someone has had a similar experience. This does not happen with FXT, but with other preworkouts I have tried I notice that when I drink it...the back outer parts of my tongue get this weird bitter taste on them. It is really strange and gross. Like I said, I don't get it with FXT, but curious if anyone has ever had this happen. Maybe from a certain ingredient?
Might be creatine or aminos from the other preworkouts giving you that bitter taste on the back of your tongue?
Did they contain any of those two ingredients? :think:

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Might be creatine or aminos from the other preworkouts giving you that bitter taste on the back of your tongue?
Did they contain any of those two ingredients? :think:
Yea I know they all contained creatine...maybe that is the reason. I always dose creatine in pill form so that could be it. I'm gonna compare the ingredients of a few in-depth one day when I have spare time. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it definitely prevents me from just chugging. Like even when you arent breathing out of your nose to avoid the taste, its still overwhelming bitter haha. Kinda weird but who knows.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Today is probably gonna be the biggest test for FXT. I start new classes today, so I gotta run and get new books, then go the opposite direction to drop my brother off somewhere, then run to work with some random IT guy, then get my workout in, then go to class. Should be a crazy day. I just dosed FXT so I will update at the end of my day to see how it goes.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I know they all contained creatine...maybe that is the reason. I always dose creatine in pill form so that could be it. I'm gonna compare the ingredients of a few in-depth one day when I have spare time. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it definitely prevents me from just chugging. Like even when you arent breathing out of your nose to avoid the taste, its still overwhelming bitter haha. Kinda weird but who knows.
I know the feeling :D
Today is probably gonna be the biggest test for FXT. I start new classes today, so I gotta run and get new books, then go the opposite direction to drop my brother off somewhere, then run to work with some random IT guy, then get my workout in, then go to class. Should be a crazy day. I just dosed FXT so I will update at the end of my day to see how it goes.
Awesome! Looking forward to the feedback. I just got home from the gym and still feel like I have gas in the tank. Although the painful pumps from Agmatinemade me stop :p

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Alright so I have a second to update so far...did all my running around and got some work done. By the time I got to my workout, I still had enough energy to get through it but I much prefer dosing the FXT a few minutes before my workout instead of a few hours before. The energy was still there but that crazy focus feeling wasn't. I was expecting this because the energy from this stuff last a longg time, but the focus peak sizzles out after about two-three hours for me. I also started a new training program which had me go light to start, so I made it through pretty easy. Hoping it isn't a waste of time.

Anyone have any experience with the stronglifts 5x5? I'm not trying to do this based on the before and after pics hahaha...just wanted a new 5x5 to try and someone linked to this in another thread. It is between stronglifts and wendlers 5/3/1. I was thinking maybe both, with 5/3/1 being after.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I am really glad you are enjoying Focus XT. It really does have a very wide variety of uses and is an excellent option for those that want more concentration in the gym, and dont like the stimmed out jittery feeling.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And even better for those avoiding caffeine when the caffeine free version comes out ;)

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice updates Matt .. Glad it's working out for ya .. Yeah I like this stuff for preworkout ****tail as well too .. U can throw almost anything in focusXT to mask the taste

Lubs it

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Nice updates Matt .. Glad it's working out for ya .. Yeah I like this stuff for preworkout ****tail as well too .. U can throw almost anything in focusXT to mask the taste

Lubs it
Thanks man...I would never want to mask the taste its so good ahahaa

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to update on the tolerance. I haven't dosed the FXT every single day since the start, but I have been using it fairly often. I do not seem to be building a tolerance to it really. Everytime I take it, basically the same feeling, same durations etc. That is nice but I will still take a day or two off every now and then.

I was also thinking about trying either an extra serving, or adding 200mg of caffeine with it. My comfort zone with caffeine is 400, so I will see how this goes probably tomorrow pre-wo...should be fun.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
And even better for those avoiding caffeine when the caffeine free version comes out ;)
second that! will become a staple in the evening!! lol

Just wanted to update on the tolerance. I haven't dosed the FXT every single day since the start, but I have been using it fairly often. I do not seem to be building a tolerance to it really. Everytime I take it, basically the same feeling, same durations etc. That is nice but I will still take a day or two off every now and then.

I was also thinking about trying either an extra serving, or adding 200mg of caffeine with it. My comfort zone with caffeine is 400, so I will see how this goes probably tomorrow pre-wo...should be fun.

before you take 2 scoops go with one heaping scoop perhaps before you go that high.

and a day or two off is a good idea,esp w the huperzine A.. you can potentially offset your own natural actC production,etc.... possible but not likely..however still not a bad idea to take a day or two off a week!

matt352

Awards
  • Established
second that! will become a staple in the evening!! lol

before you take 2 scoops go with one heaping scoop perhaps before you go that high.

and a day or two off is a good idea,esp w the huperzine A.. you can potentially offset your own natural actC production,etc.... possible but not likely..however still not a bad idea to take a day or two off a week!
Thanks for the advice. I will try that out before I go with two level scoops. Today is an off day but tomorrow I'll try that pre-wo

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't dear to try 2 scoops yet :yikes:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Good observation about the not developing a tolerance to it.

I have never used 2 scoops at once. It would be too much for me. I could hang with the caffeine but would be too much nootropics for me.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good observation about the not developing a tolerance to it.

I have never used 2 scoops at once. It would be too much for me. I could hang with the caffeine but would be too much nootropics for me.
What do you think? Will the tolerance build up quickly? It probably varies much from person to person, but generally speaking :)
I've been using it for a month straight soon and I still feel the full nootropic benefits from it, the caffeine is another story :p

matt352

Awards
  • Established
So I decided not to go with two scoops for now haha, but I am going to try the extra caffeine just to see how it affects my training today..more of an experiment really. Also wanted to comment on appetite suppression. Some stims do affect my appetite, some dont. FXT has not suppressed my appetite at all, which I love. I can not afford that at all haha. Most of the other pre-wo/focus/energy supps I have tried will definitely suppress my appetite which sucks. Usually the ones that make me crazy jittery and whatnot. Caffeine alone does not, so adding it to the FXT should be ok, but if it does cause some suppression I will let everyone know.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah some pre's give me the jitters bad and some just make me crash. I love focus because I have never felt like that with it.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to that extra caffine idea

The most I've done was 1.5scoops .. Then I bump it down to 1 .. I really don't feel the stim effect that much, I've been coffee addict since I was 10 maybe that's why lol yea that's a good observation how this doesn't affect the appetite which most preworkout products do which leads to poor diet = no hugeness

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Ok so update on the adding 200mg caffeine...I love it haha. For real, it was like the same concentration with an extra stim effect. My workout was amazing...my mood is awesome...I got a good amount of school work done...very productive today. Also made a sale on my car today now looking to upgrade so that was cool. Everything just went good today and felt amazing. The extra caffeine was awesome but I definitely wont be doing that every time I dose FXT. No added appetite suppression either like I suspected.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice feedback :thumbsup:
Maybe I'll give it a try myself since I have some extra caffeine pills laying around :p

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Yea I would definitely try it out if you are comfortable with that stim level.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I was on ECA and 1,3Dimeth still a few weeks ago so I should be pretty used to stims :D

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Now that I have used FXT multiple times for each purpose, I am starting to really understand how it affects me. I think maybe sometime next week I will address the claims with the 1-10 scale. I definitely want to experiment a bit more with it this week before I do that though. So far, it has helped me step up my performance in the gym and at school/work. This product will have to be part of my daily supplements from now on. It is such an awesome prewo, but it is also much more than that. The focus is amazing...definitely the best I've ever gotten from a supplement and I've tried a few.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that I have used FXT multiple times for each purpose, I am starting to really understand how it affects me. I think maybe sometime next week I will address the claims with the 1-10 scale. I definitely want to experiment a bit more with it this week before I do that though. So far, it has helped me step up my performance in the gym and at school/work. This product will have to be part of my daily supplements from now on. It is such an awesome prewo, but it is also much more than that. The focus is amazing...definitely the best I've ever gotten from a supplement and I've tried a few.
This is what it's all about! Definitely helps improve performance and cognition.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What do you think? Will the tolerance build up quickly? It probably varies much from person to person, but generally speaking :)
I've been using it for a month straight soon and I still feel the full nootropic benefits from it, the caffeine is another story :p
You are right in that it can vary by the person; but generally people dont report building up a tolerance to it quickly.

Ok so update on the adding 200mg caffeine...I love it haha. For real, it was like the same concentration with an extra stim effect. My workout was amazing...my mood is awesome...I got a good amount of school work done...very productive today. Also made a sale on my car today now looking to upgrade so that was cool. Everything just went good today and felt amazing. The extra caffeine was awesome but I definitely wont be doing that every time I dose FXT. No added appetite suppression either like I suspected.
Nice feedback. Glad you liked it.

Nice feedback :thumbsup:
Maybe I'll give it a try myself since I have some extra caffeine pills laying around :p
Shamelessly letting everyone know we offer 120, 240, and 501 tablet sizes of caffeine at great prices :D

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Shamelessly letting everyone know we offer 120, 240, and 501 tablet sizes of caffeine at great prices :D
I noticed that when I was browsing sns products...definitely awesome prices.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed that when I was browsing sns products...definitely awesome prices.
...and top quality!
...good updates matt!...just cracked open a tub of Blue Rasp myself...looking foward to using it in the afternoons, see if I can get my productivity up at work... :)

matt352

Awards
  • Established
...and top quality!
...good updates matt!...just cracked open a tub of Blue Rasp myself...looking foward to using it in the afternoons, see if I can get my productivity up at work... :)
Thanks a lot. Yea my productivity has been so awesome. I wish I would have gotten into FXT sooner but better late than never.

I'm also looking forward to trying the DAA caps in the near future. Been seeing some really good stuff in various threads.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Okay tomorrow is a training day, and also should be a crazy day at work. I'm going to try something a bit different and take a regular serving in the morning and another half serving hours later pre wo. I think this is going to work out good. I will update tomorrow after work, then after workout.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay tomorrow is a training day, and also should be a crazy day at work. I'm going to try something a bit different and take a regular serving in the morning and another half serving hours later pre wo. I think this is going to work out good. I will update tomorrow after work, then after workout.
Busy day .. Looking forward to it .. I work 12hr rotating shift and then I hit the weights .. All thanks to focusXT I feel great and focus