My Chocolate Banana Better Bars Review

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Before I say anything I need to say this first for comedic value. When the bag says MIX BY HAND.....DO NOT literally mix with your bare hands. Quite a mess let me tell you.

Anyways, I modified the recipe a little bit since i'm running helladrol/katanadrol 2.0 right now. Need the extra cals. I used the whole thing of smart balance natty PB (chunky) instead of just a cup. I also added 18g pro from unflavored whey and another 46g pro from regular chocolate whey. I took a taste test before putting them in the fridge and they taste AWESOME.

Gotta say though if you modify the recipe at all in any way you'll need to just wing it on the water usage.

I'm really digging these....these will come in handy on the weekends when I have a less structured diet. Big convenience factor. I can eat these and still get the cals in!

I also like how cheap they are. I mean even with the cost of natty PB and honey...you're still looking at a $2 protein bar.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds tasty bro!! Was the consistency ok with the added whey?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds tasty bro!! Was the consistency ok with the added whey?
It thickened it up a bit. Which is why I said you have to be on the fly with the amount of water you're going to add.

The extra peanut butter made them extra gooey. I've had them in the freezer for a couple of hours and they haven't frozen all the way through yet. I'll let y'all know what they look like in the morning

hurricane187

hurricane187

Awards
It thickened it up a bit. Which is why I said you have to be on the fly with the amount of water you're going to add.

The extra peanut butter made them extra gooey. I've had them in the freezer for a couple of hours and they haven't frozen all the way through yet. I'll let y'all know what they look like in the morning
i love this flavor! i have yet to try a few others but this is a winner right here

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i love this flavor! i have yet to try a few others but this is a winner right here
Yeah it's solid. I wish the banana flavor was stronger. But then again...I added extra PB and whey...so i think they easily over powered the banana.

On a side note....mine HAVE to stay frozen. If they are outside of the freezer for more than 5-10 mins they start to get super gooey again

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah it's solid. I wish the banana flavor was stronger. But then again...I added extra PB and whey...so i think they easily over powered the banana.

On a side note....mine HAVE to stay frozen. If they are outside of the freezer for more than 5-10 mins they start to get super gooey again
I did the same thing with adding extra PB, and they serve well out of the freezer, but a bit too gooey outside of that. Good to wrap them in wax paper to keep them separated and ready to go.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm going to stick with the original recipe for my first batch of these and maybe adjust later batches

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm going to stick with the original recipe for my first batch of these and maybe adjust later batches
Or break 1 batch into muliple batches, and just add different stuff once separated. Divide it into 4 mixing bowls after combining liquid and powder, add different "extras" (more water as necessary) and just press it into 4 smaller pans, or a sub-divided big pan.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great review here and yea I hear you on the mixing part it made me feel like a kid again but it was def a win part of the process as well

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
great review here and yea I hear you on the mixing part it made me feel like a kid again but it was def a win part of the process as well
Yeah man definitely old school!

pablogdog

pablogdog

Awards
  • Established
The main reason I like these bars so much is because of the versatility as seen here. They're great mixed right out of the bag or they can be tricked up depending on taste preference or nutritional requirement.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The main reason I like these bars so much is because of the versatility as seen here. They're great mixed right out of the bag or they can be tricked up depending on taste preference or nutritional requirement.
That's one of the best things about them. You have options on what you can get out of them!