My Chocolate Banana Better Bars Review - AnabolicMinds.com

My Chocolate Banana Better Bars Review

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

My Chocolate Banana Better Bars Review

Before I say anything I need to say this first for comedic value. When the bag says MIX BY HAND.....DO NOT literally mix with your bare hands. Quite a mess let me tell you.

Anyways, I modified the recipe a little bit since i'm running helladrol/katanadrol 2.0 right now. Need the extra cals. I used the whole thing of smart balance natty PB (chunky) instead of just a cup. I also added 18g pro from unflavored whey and another 46g pro from regular chocolate whey. I took a taste test before putting them in the fridge and they taste AWESOME.

Gotta say though if you modify the recipe at all in any way you'll need to just wing it on the water usage.

I'm really digging these....these will come in handy on the weekends when I have a less structured diet. Big convenience factor. I can eat these and still get the cals in!

I also like how cheap they are. I mean even with the cost of natty PB and honey...you're still looking at a $2 protein bar.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sounds tasty bro!! Was the consistency ok with the added whey?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Sounds tasty bro!! Was the consistency ok with the added whey?
    It thickened it up a bit. Which is why I said you have to be on the fly with the amount of water you're going to add.

The extra peanut butter made them extra gooey. I've had them in the freezer for a couple of hours and they haven't frozen all the way through yet. I'll let y'all know what they look like in the morning
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    It thickened it up a bit. Which is why I said you have to be on the fly with the amount of water you're going to add.

The extra peanut butter made them extra gooey. I've had them in the freezer for a couple of hours and they haven't frozen all the way through yet. I'll let y'all know what they look like in the morning
    i love this flavor! i have yet to try a few others but this is a winner right here
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane187 View Post
    i love this flavor! i have yet to try a few others but this is a winner right here
    Yeah it's solid. I wish the banana flavor was stronger. But then again...I added extra PB and whey...so i think they easily over powered the banana.

On a side note....mine HAVE to stay frozen. If they are outside of the freezer for more than 5-10 mins they start to get super gooey again
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Yeah it's solid. I wish the banana flavor was stronger. But then again...I added extra PB and whey...so i think they easily over powered the banana.

On a side note....mine HAVE to stay frozen. If they are outside of the freezer for more than 5-10 mins they start to get super gooey again
    I did the same thing with adding extra PB, and they serve well out of the freezer, but a bit too gooey outside of that. Good to wrap them in wax paper to keep them separated and ready to go.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think I'm going to stick with the original recipe for my first batch of these and maybe adjust later batches
    Recoverbro Elite
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I think I'm going to stick with the original recipe for my first batch of these and maybe adjust later batches
    Or break 1 batch into muliple batches, and just add different stuff once separated. Divide it into 4 mixing bowls after combining liquid and powder, add different "extras" (more water as necessary) and just press it into 4 smaller pans, or a sub-divided big pan.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  9. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

great review here and yea I hear you on the mixing part it made me feel like a kid again but it was def a win part of the process as well
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    great review here and yea I hear you on the mixing part it made me feel like a kid again but it was def a win part of the process as well
    Yeah man definitely old school!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

The main reason I like these bars so much is because of the versatility as seen here. They're great mixed right out of the bag or they can be tricked up depending on taste preference or nutritional requirement.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pablogdog View Post
    The main reason I like these bars so much is because of the versatility as seen here. They're great mixed right out of the bag or they can be tricked up depending on taste preference or nutritional requirement.
    That's one of the best things about them. You have options on what you can get out of them!
    Recoverbro Elite

Similar Forum Threads

1. Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Protein
    By dsade in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 12:55 AM
  2. Banana Bars - Calorie Guesses?
    By xink in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:40 PM
  3. Banana-Chocolate Oat Pudding