trying to set an example

J

JAWs001

Awards
Ok so im 18 and my friends wanted to start a ph cycle with me, i thought why not, set up a good pct whats the worst that can happen. But as i have looked around and actually looked around and did my own research Ive decided not to, and wont anytime soon. im going to start a log to show that you dont need to take a ph at an age close to mine, ill be running a muscle pharm stack (assualt,recon,bulletproof) and a weight gainer. ill keep a log and show my gains over about a month or month and a half (to resemble a cycle) and see how close i can resemble to someone actually taking a ph. ill make my first post on Wednesday hopefully as my base stats to show where im starting at. i hope to get my supplies in the mail in the following week.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in. good for you to making the right decision.so many kids just wana take PHs but dont realize all the factors. so me, other than the obvious health concerns, the number one factor is this...

Lets say u start at 150. take Hdrol, bump up to 160. if you arent eating for your new weight, your going to lose all of your gains. so taking that cycle was literally pointless unless you count hurting your own body as a positive

J

JAWs001

Awards
i agree, i know allot of kids that took ph during highschool and you could always tell when they were on it and when they came off because they would lose absolutely everything, my friends tried to convince me that they have it "perfected" now but im seeing amazing results just busting my butt at the gym, hell in one week i added 25 pounds to my max bench. i just want to show them that we already have the resources to see massive gains and get big, you just have to work you a** off and not try to find a short cut

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Through serious illness I dropped to 60kg and started weight training again last June. I had atrophied so much I couldn't walk up the stairs on my own and failed to lift a 25lb EZ bar from the floor. I have got back to 85kg at 10% body fat without the use of anabolics and have the same mindset as you. A large proportion of my weight training friends are using some form of AAS.

Huge kudos to you. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to ask.

Best of luck. :)

Ben.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Great idea. Great thread and good for you. Lead by example and they will follow you.

J

JAWs001

Awards
one of my friends already agreed to switch up and do the cycle im doing instead of a ph cycle. i feel good haha :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so im 18 and my friends wanted to start a ph cycle with me, i thought why not, set up a good pct whats the worst that can happen. But as i have looked around and actually looked around and did my own research Ive decided not to, and wont anytime soon. im going to start a log to show that you dont need to take a ph at an age close to mine, ill be running a muscle pharm stack (assualt,recon,bulletproof) and a weight gainer. ill keep a log and show my gains over about a month or month and a half (to resemble a cycle) and see how close i can resemble to someone actually taking a ph. ill make my first post on Wednesday hopefully as my base stats to show where im starting at. i hope to get my supplies in the mail in the following week.
Good on you for deciding not to - one of the best decisions you can make at your age, IMO, especially since you definitely do NOT need to use hormonals to get the results you want!

The MusclePharm stack is great, but honestly, at your age, you don't need any supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to gain mass and strength - I don't recommend using anything else but these basic staples until you are older and have built up a solid training base - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

Even at your age, eating and training right, you are NOT going to get the gains of a hormonal cycle, but you should be able to make gains rapidly, especially if you're only starting to train seriously and properly now.

Just a note that if you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement (vene Musclepharm ones, good as they are) is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You can be busting your ass in the gym, but you won't necessarily get anywhere if you are not training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

i agree, i know allot of kids that took ph during highschool and you could always tell when they were on it and when they came off because they would lose absolutely everything, my friends tried to convince me that they have it "perfected" now but im seeing amazing results just busting my butt at the gym, hell in one week i added 25 pounds to my max bench. i just want to show them that we already have the resources to see massive gains and get big, you just have to work you a** off and not try to find a short cut
Keep that attitude!

one of my friends already agreed to switch up and do the cycle im doing instead of a ph cycle. i feel good haha :)
Nice. All the best to you both. You can definitely get to where you want by eating and training right for it, withOUT hormonals (or additional supplements to the basic staples).

~Rosie~

J

JAWs001

Awards
I know that the supplements im going to take aren't the best for my body now, but i want something to give me an extra boost on gains and this is a safer way to do that, im not going to argue saying i should do them but a normal staple of creatine and vitamins just isn't going to cut it, and yes i do eat a ton! but my metabolism is wicked fast and i honestly cant eat enough to keep m caloric intake high enough to gain. Im sure i can get gains resembling gains of someone that runs a ph cycle at my age honestly because ive seen there gains and what ive been getting, its not to far off, i do train 3 times harder than they do though so thats where it comes in at. thats why im going to do this log x) no one believes it till they see it. talk is cheap hahaha

J

JAWs001

Awards
i wanted to post my first log today and have my base log down before i get my supplements, but the gym was packed and could barely get in the excersizes i want, so ill do it friday.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that the supplements im going to take aren't the best for my body now, but i want something to give me an extra boost on gains and this is a safer way to do that, im not going to argue saying i should do them but a normal staple of creatine and vitamins just isn't going to cut it, and yes i do eat a ton! but my metabolism is wicked fast and i honestly cant eat enough to keep m caloric intake high enough to gain. Im sure i can get gains resembling gains of someone that runs a ph cycle at my age honestly because ive seen there gains and what ive been getting, its not to far off, i do train 3 times harder than they do though so thats where it comes in at. thats why im going to do this log x) no one believes it till they see it. talk is cheap hahaha
You SHOULD be able to eat enough - if I could eat ~10,000 calories a day at your age (and at least ~4,300 calories a day NOW for FAT LOSS!), YOU most certainly CAN eat enough to get gains! No, you are NOT going to get "gains resembling gains of someone that runs a ph cycle" at your age - you canNOT fairly compare a natural trainee to a chemically enhanced one. In saying that, you see those type of gains (or lack of them) on those your age because they have no business using such products and do not know how to use them properly (do not know much about them, period), and they often do not do a PCT (HUGE mistake right there), and once they stop using the hormonals, lose anything gained because they fail to do the BASICS of NUTRITION AND TRAINING right! Just so you know, you can train as hard as you like, but if you're not training optimally or appropriately for your goals and needs, you might not see the results you want, so be sure that you ARE training effectively and efficiently for what you want (and no, this does not mean spending hours in the gym or not taking days off - you can see great results training only an hour a day, and having 1-2 days off a week to give your body time to recover and make progress). That all said, you're going to think and believe what you will, no matter what anyone tells you; you will learn as you get older and research everything more, but you are doing one thing right, and that's NOT using hormonals now, thinking that are the "magic answer" to what you want, so kudos for that at least.

~Rosie~

J

JAWs001

Awards
of course i cant get the same results as someone using a ph cycle at the right age and the right way, im saying im going to get the gains of someone my age that were trying to use a ph cycle, including pct, in the end ill have better gains than what they would have had, someone who is the proper age to do a ph cycle is going to blow past my gains and keep them also, but someone my age that is going to run a ph cycle will get good gains then lose half of them, and im saying i can get the gains of that or better than that person.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course i cant get the same results as someone using a ph cycle at the right age and the right way, im saying im going to get the gains of someone my age that were trying to use a ph cycle, including pct, in the end ill have better gains than what they would have had, someone who is the proper age to do a ph cycle is going to blow past my gains and keep them also, but someone my age that is going to run a ph cycle will get good gains then lose half of them, and im saying i can get the gains of that or better than that person.
The bolded statement is inaccurate. An older individual is not necessarily going to get better gains, nor keep them, and I know of plenty whom do cycle after cycle without any overall improvement. The same as a younger individual running a cycle is not necessarily going to lose any of their gains - although most will simply for the reasons I stated in my earlier post. Kudos for what you are doing, but I really do recommend that you know what you're talking about before saying it.

~Rosie~

J

JAWs001

Awards
haha ok im not going to argue over the subject x) i have failed to see one person my age run a ph cycle and keep there gains. bottom line is they shouldn't be running the cycle anyways.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
J

JAWs001

Awards
Sorry for the long break between posts, been super busy, i just graduated highschool so been dealing with all that stuff. i did have time to go to the gym though just not enought time to post my logs, ill put up two right now and idk if its just me but some of my gains seem pretty crazy hahaha.
Bench press
175-10 reps
185-7 reps
195-4 reps
210-1 rep two sets

incline press
125-10
135-7
145-5
155-3
170-2

Rows_cable machine
150- 13 reps/ 10 reps
170- 5
190-4
210-2

Tri extensions_cable machine
95-15
110-11
125-5/4 second set
140-2

Wide grip pullups / Dips
14/14
8/11
5/8
Narrow grip pullups / dips
7/5
5/5

Curls_ db
35- 10/6
45- 3/2

fwd raises / lat raises db
20 lb-7/5
20- 5/5
20- 4/4

Shrugs_ db
75- 9/8/7

Weighed in at 165, this is one week before i started my cycle of muscle pharm products

J

JAWs001

Awards
Lat pulls _ cable
170-15/11
190-6
230-3

Bench press
195-9
205-5
215-3
235-2... second rep i got spotted, barely
245-1

incline press
155-7
165-5
175-3
185-2
195-1

tri extensions_ cable
110-14/12
125-6
140-4
155-2

Wide grip pullups / dips / lat raises (20 lb db)
16/17/11
10/12/7
7/11/6
Narrow grip pullups / dips / fwd raises
10/8/12
6/7/7
6/6/6

curls - db
35- 11/7
45- 3/2

shrugs - db
75- 18/13/9

chest flys db
35- 10/5/4

This was today, the last log was on the 10th and ive only been on my stack for about a week, im up 7 pounds

my curls suck right now, but obviously you can see ive been killing back and chest, which where my two weakest attributes, planning on evening it out now, anyone know some killer bicep workouts?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
A ton of respect for your decision on this topic in addition to making this thread in hope to set an example.

I'll be following. Keep us updated!