Putting the new RecoverPro to the absolute test!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Putting the new RecoverPro to the absolute test!




    I was honored with the opportunity to log AI Sports Nutrition's new reformulation of RecoverPro...Red Raspberry flavor. First off, I really liked the idea of this flavor. Not a raspberry lemonade, not a blue raspberry (granted I do like both of those) but something different. I was also grateful to received a drawstring AI gym bag, an AI shirt (that I like SO much better then the previous red ones), and multiple samples of their other products.

    Now what can I offer in this log? Quality review that is unbiased (even though it is sponsored) with an exhaustive comparison.

    So how do I do that? Well, straightforward honesty. If it tastes like crap then I'll let it be known, but if it tastes amazing then the accolades will appropriately follow!

    How do I make it an exhaustive comparison? Simple. Compare the qualities of RecoverPro with the qualities of other similar products. For greater validity, I have attached pictures taken today of my BCAA supplement stash to give the potential consumers a relative idea of my baseline for comparison standards sake.

    I will also focus on more then just taste. I will also remark on the quality, the texture, how well it mixes, all the pertinent things that correlate to a good BCAA product.

    For the record sake, I have tried RecoverPro before, but that was the original version long ago...when they were only known as Anabolic Innovations! I tried the Lemon flavor and did NOT like it at all. It did not mix well for me and did not taste palatable. So when I found that they were coming out with a new reformulation and new flavoring...I was intrigued. However, I was not intrigued enough to risk buying it. Good thing the AI reps are good people and I was offered samples and this log. I decided to give it a shot.




    Alright, so I have tried many different BCAA products but here are some that I currently have in stock at my house and I can do head to head comparisons on any of them that anybody wants to see. Just ask!




    In case anybody has a problem reading any of the labels, these are as follows (from right to left, top to bottom): USP Labs Modern BCAA's-White Blue Raspberry, Labrada BCAA Power-Tangy Citrus, Primordial Performance iBCAA's-Unflavored, Scivation Xtend-Blue Raspberry, Dymatize Elite Recoup-Lemonade, Core ABC-Wild White Cherry.



    Same, L to R, top to bottom: Labrada HICA-Max amino chews-Variety, Axis Labs N'Gage-Glacier Punch, Gaspari BCAA (tabs), same as first, same as second, BBS Beta-BCAA-Citrus Punch.



    Random collection of other BCAA or EAA caps.



    *I am 5 weeks out from my next bodybuilding competition and am dieting heavily so this is a very welcome addition. First initial trial and impressions will be conducted and related here tomorrow.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  2. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,049
    Rep Power
    3128069
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Good Lord! I thought I had a stash, but that's just ridiculous. No reason to worry about going catabolic with that many BCAAs laying around! lol
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    lol, very true! I love to try different ones and use a ton of them when I do my contest preps and start dieting down.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
    •   
       

  4. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6936
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I am in bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,879
    Rep Power
    778120
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I'm stockpiling RecoverPro for my last 8 weeks
  6. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    3714146
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    That is quite a selection of BCAA products KJ. I've tried most of those myself. I think it took me 6 months to finish the Labrada BCAA Power

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  7. Professional Member
    p5sky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    1867262
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    22.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    interested in your opinion and effects, I've tried many too.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over


  8. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33559
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hey your doing the same log over at bodybuilding.com as well
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  9. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by A_I_Sports_Nutrition View Post
    I am in bro.


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm stockpiling RecoverPro for my last 8 weeks
    They'll help you out a ton!

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    That is quite a selection of BCAA products KJ. I've tried most of those myself. I think it took me 6 months to finish the Labrada BCAA Power
    lol! What's funny about that is that, well, I feel the exact same way!

    Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    interested in your opinion and effects, I've tried many too.
    Thanks for dropping in!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Hey your doing the same log over at bodybuilding.com as well
    Sure am. Some very different user groups over there and I'm on both forums about the same amount of time but I indivualize it according to any personal preferences people might have, i.e. particular requests, questions, ect.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  10. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,288
    Rep Power
    5577967
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    95.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post


    I was honored with the opportunity to log AI Sports Nutrition's new reformulation of RecoverPro...Red Raspberry flavor. First off, I really liked the idea of this flavor. Not a raspberry lemonade, not a blue raspberry (granted I do like both of those) but something different. I was also grateful to received a drawstring AI gym bag, an AI shirt (that I like SO much better then the previous red ones), and multiple samples of their other products.

    Now what can I offer in this log? Quality review that is unbiased (even though it is sponsored) with an exhaustive comparison.

    So how do I do that? Well, straightforward honesty. If it tastes like crap then I'll let it be known, but if it tastes amazing then the accolades will appropriately follow!

    How do I make it an exhaustive comparison? Simple. Compare the qualities of RecoverPro with the qualities of other similar products. For greater validity, I have attached pictures taken today of my BCAA supplement stash to give the potential consumers a relative idea of my baseline for comparison standards sake.

    I will also focus on more then just taste. I will also remark on the quality, the texture, how well it mixes, all the pertinent things that correlate to a good BCAA product.

    For the record sake, I have tried RecoverPro before, but that was the original version long ago...when they were only known as Anabolic Innovations! I tried the Lemon flavor and did NOT like it at all. It did not mix well for me and did not taste palatable. So when I found that they were coming out with a new reformulation and new flavoring...I was intrigued. However, I was not intrigued enough to risk buying it. Good thing the AI reps are good people and I was offered samples and this log. I decided to give it a shot.




    Alright, so I have tried many different BCAA products but here are some that I currently have in stock at my house and I can do head to head comparisons on any of them that anybody wants to see. Just ask!




    In case anybody has a problem reading any of the labels, these are as follows (from right to left, top to bottom): USP Labs Modern BCAA's-White Blue Raspberry, Labrada BCAA Power-Tangy Citrus, Primordial Performance iBCAA's-Unflavored, Scivation Xtend-Blue Raspberry, Dymatize Elite Recoup-Lemonade, Core ABC-Wild White Cherry.



    Same, L to R, top to bottom: Labrada HICA-Max amino chews-Variety, Axis Labs N'Gage-Glacier Punch, Gaspari BCAA (tabs), same as first, same as second, BBS Beta-BCAA-Citrus Punch.



    Random collection of other BCAA or EAA caps.



    *I am 5 weeks out from my next bodybuilding competition and am dieting heavily so this is a very welcome addition. First initial trial and impressions will be conducted and related here tomorrow.


    Looks like the inside of a drugstore. What the?. Why would you need all that stuff?
  11. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,288
    Rep Power
    5577967
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    95.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I hate logs. Here are my reasons. I don't care what your max lifts are or how much weight you can lift. Don't want see your damn workout every single day. Don't give a rats ass what you had for breakfast or "meal 1". The last thing I want to see is a picture of a guy with his shirt off flexing. I don't like when I have shift through ten pages of posts like "in", "subbed", "following".

    If you're gonna review a product fine. If you lost fat or gained muscle or strength just say something like, "added 10 pounds to my deadlift!", "lost another 2 pounds of fat today!", "I look bigger in the mirror". All the sh*t is why I typically avoid reading logs.
  12. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    First Impressions

    I mixed one and a half scoops of the RecoverPro Red Raspberry in 15 ounces of cold tap water in a shaker cup. I selected this amount to give me at least 5 g of Leucine. This is because I use Layne's BCAA article/study advice on how to dose leucine for maximum muscle protein synthesis response, which formula (if I rember correctely) is as follows: .05 g of leucine per kg of body weight. So right now I'm sitting at 201 lbs and approximately 7% BF. So 201 lbs converted is to 91.36 kg multiplied by .05 = 4.57 grams of leucine needed for optimal MPS intake. Now, on to the review.


    Formulation
    This is a pretty simplistic but effective formula of BCAA's in a 4:1:1 ratio. What I like about this is that it's exactely what you need without all the extra crap like glutamine, ect. So I am pleased with this formulation.


    Taste
    This one was actually quite surprising. It was excellent! Most amino drinks are either ok or nasty. Some of my favorite ones taste wise are N'Gage, Recoup, and Xtend. Some of the nastier ones are Labrada BCAA Power and BBS Meta-BCAA's, IMO of course! The Red raspberry tasted very good and was very smooth. It was sweet and tart in a perfect combo without either one being too powerful.


    Mixability
    This was mixed in a shaker cup. It mixed pretty good. It still had some floating aminos on top but very little in comparison to most that I've tried. I didn't have to force down an amino cloud at the end like I do with many. The best BCAA products, as far as mixability goes for comparision are, oddly enough, Labrada BCAA Power and N'Gage. The ones that made me force down an amino fluff cloud include Recoup and Modern BCAA.


    Here's some pics I took of my first trial. I drank about 2/3rds of it before I thought to take a pic of it.





    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  13. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Looks like the inside of a drugstore. What the?. Why would you need all that stuff?
    I like variety!

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I hate logs. Here are my reasons. I don't care what your max lifts are or how much weight you can lift. Don't want see your damn workout every single day. Don't give a rats ass what you had for breakfast or "meal 1". The last thing I want to see is a picture of a guy with his shirt off flexing. I don't like when I have shift through ten pages of posts like "in", "subbed", "following".

    If you're gonna review a product fine. If you lost fat or gained muscle or strength just say something like, "added 10 pounds to my deadlift!", "lost another 2 pounds of fat today!", "I look bigger in the mirror". All the sh*t is why I typically avoid reading logs.
    Thanks! I appreciate the wonderful input. So naked flexing, exact meal plans and excruciating lift stat details...got it! Anything else you want me to focus on and add to this log?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  14. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Taste
    ...It was excellent!..The Red raspberry tasted very good and was very smooth. It was sweet and tart in a perfect combo without either one being too powerful.
    ^^^Agreed

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,661
    Rep Power
    760775
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    lol, very true! I love to try different ones and use a ton of them when I do my contest preps and start dieting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm stockpiling RecoverPro for my last 8 weeks
    Yah I am stockpiling as well so when I start prep I will be well supplied, cuz yah I will be inhaling quite a lot of it...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33559
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I am stockpiling as well so when I start prep I will be well supplied, cuz yah I will be inhaling quite a lot of it...
    that is a pretty good idea.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  17. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6936
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I am stockpiling as well so when I start prep I will be well supplied, cuz yah I will be inhaling quite a lot of it...
    Stop hoarding all the RecoverPRO LOL.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  18. Senior Member
    punthra's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,440
    Rep Power
    3456
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Man that's an incredibly huge stock of BCAA's!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  19. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Last night was kinda crazy at work and I had to stay after so I didn't have a chance to get an update in.

    I tried the Exclusive Spaz Patented Swirl and Sip method as recommended by him on bb! I did it in the exact same amount of water to keep it accurately comparable. It actually did mix better and left very little residue. See pics for comparison. I am really really loving this flavor! It's just SO good! This isn't just fan boy love which you can know because my last AI log a few years ago wasn't so favorable. I only say this to help lend credence to the validity of what I'm saying. This is the best flavored BCAA product I have had. I'm now wishing I got the big tub!

    Another huge bonus is that it doesn't have a nasty aftertaste like some do. For example, I really like the Core ABC. It's a simple but effective formula and the Wild White Cherry flavoring is good...until right after you finish drinking it. The aftertaste is horrid and just drinking water doesn't dispel it. I have to have something else after it, be it food or anther kind of flavored drink. Again, this isn't to bash on Core but simply have a comparison baseline with what I got. There are some that are just plain nasty through and through like the Labrada BCAA Power, but their Grape Elastijoint is incredible.



    The beginning look without any consumption yet.



    Mostly gone using the swirl method.



    You can see that most all the product was consumed without adding any additional water.




    Today started late for me today due to not getting to bed till 4am due to work. But here's my breakfast: 4 eggs, 1 can of Tuna, 1.5 oz of cheddar cheese, and chives and spices. I'm doing no carbs today (I kinda do carb cycle but not a true version...more modified to fit me), so I up the fat to fill in the missing calories from the carbs.

    This meal breakdown is as follows: (sorry to those that don't care but I've also had others ask for it)
    Protein: 56 g
    Carbs: 4 g
    Fats: 27 g (11 g saturated)
    Total Cals: 555


    I'm on my way to the gym now to demolish chest and abs!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  20. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I am stockpiling as well so when I start prep I will be well supplied, cuz yah I will be inhaling quite a lot of it...
    good idea, BCAA supplementation helps me so much anytime I cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by A_I_Sports_Nutrition View Post
    Stop hoarding all the RecoverPRO LOL.
    lol, yeah I'm going to need to get more myself!

    Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Man that's an incredibly huge stock of BCAA's!
    When I got my tax returns in I made a large purchase including tons of protein cause I knew I would eventually use it all and might as well get it while I had the funds!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  21. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33559
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post


    When I got my tax returns in I made a large purchase including tons of protein cause I knew I would eventually use it all and might as well get it while I had the funds!
    Wise choice James. Your name is James right?

    When I shop I like to think big and think i am already going to use this stuff I might as well buy it.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  22. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    3714146
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Wise choice James. Your name is James right?

    .
    Actually he likes to go by the King.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  23. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Wise choice James. Your name is James right?

    When I shop I like to think big and think i am already going to use this stuff I might as well buy it.
    Yep, James is just fine! I agree, get what you know you'll need and use when you can.

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Actually he likes to go by the King.
    lol! Thank em! Updated entry coming soon.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  24. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    285446
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Late But in Bud, How are things?

    RECOVERBRO


  25. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Late But in Bud, How are things?
    It's always good to have you in here John! Things are good. Transitioning a bit, but all for the better.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  26. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4102
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%

    Subbed for #1 e-buddy.
  27. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    17830
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    64.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I ordered a large raspberry myself. I got the free samples. It really does taste that good. I can't wait for it to arrive. I love to use bcaa drinks to curb cravings for sweets On a cut. And it's almost summer and almost everyone is on a cut.
  28. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Subbed for #1 e-buddy.
    Awww! I feel so much specialer now
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  29. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I ordered a large raspberry myself. I got the free samples. It really does taste that good. I can't wait for it to arrive. I love to use bcaa drinks to curb cravings for sweets On a cut. And it's almost summer and almost everyone is on a cut.
    Yeah it definitely helps when I'm craving something sweet too.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  30. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Had a good workout today. I did chest and abs. I don't log my workouts or weights anymore so no excruciating detail but here's about how it looked...

    Incline DB Press
    several sets
    I did 110 pound DB presses last week so I figured I could pound them out again this week and get it on video this time. Well...my spotter wasn't too versed in attentiveness and spotting techniques. The first attempt didn't go so well as shown below...





    The second attempt was better am I'm glad I was able to do it but I was still disappointed with the ROM.





    Flat Bench Press
    several sets, went up to 275 as usual but it felt heavier today. Don't like that.

    Decline Bench Press
    just a couple sets

    Hammer Strength wide chest press
    Drop sets starting at 385 lbs

    Finished off with some hypertrophy cable flyes.

    Then I did some abs, I put a decline bench on a box and did 21's on it with a 45 lbs plate.

    Then did some russian twists using the arm sleeves attached to the pull-up bar.

    Afterwards I took my BCAA's and then did some cario on the treadmill. I did 40 minutes and gradually increased both the speed and incline angle as I went.

    After that I did some regular and extreme stretches and then took two scoops of my delicious Muscle Pharm Combat Powder protein, chocolate peanut butter flavor.



    The funny and encouraging part about today's workout is from two things that happened. I was offered a job as a personal trainer (I was training my friend who was working out with me at the time) and another guy I didn't know said he wished he could look like me! May not be much but it was a nice form of a compliment!

    Here's some pics I took in the lovely bathroom mirror after today's workout. Exactly 4 weeks and 5 days out from my next competition!




    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  31. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    3714146
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Had a good workout today. I did chest and abs. I don't log my workouts or weights anymore so no excruciating detail but here's about how it looked...

    Incline DB Press
    several sets
    I did 110 pound DB presses last week so I figured I could pound them out again this week and get it on video this time. Well...my spotter wasn't too versed in attentiveness and spotting techniques. The first attempt didn't go so well as shown below...




    That is EXACTLY how i messed up my shoulder 7 months AFTER my shoulder surgery( well with not as much weight)

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  32. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    That is EXACTLY how i messed up my shoulder 7 months AFTER my shoulder surgery( well with not as much weight)
    It was pretty scary at first. I felt it going and knew I couldn't control it so I just dumped it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  33. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    3714146
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    It was pretty scary at first. I felt it going and knew I couldn't control it so I just dumped it.
    That was the smart thing to do....unfortunately , i ended up doing something like a one arm fly and then dropped it.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  34. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    That was the smart thing to do....unfortunately , i ended up doing something like a one arm fly and then dropped it.
    Ouch...bet that won't happen again!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  35. Senior Member
    punthra's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,440
    Rep Power
    3456
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice work!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  36. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks bro, about to go hit back.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  37. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I ordered a large raspberry myself. I got the free samples. It really does taste that good. I can't wait for it to arrive. I love to use bcaa drinks to curb cravings for sweets On a cut. And it's almost summer and almost everyone is on a cut.
    "It really does taste that good." Try using 2-3 scoops instead of just ONE when you get your tub - the taste is even BETTER, much stronger and fuller, with more tartness. Gotta it!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  38. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    6936
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    The swirl method really does help if your not using a blender.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  39. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I had a blended breakfast consisting of protein powder, whole grain oats, and a banana blended in water.

    Right before my workout I took my BCAA's with some creatine mono and beta-alanine.


    Back workout proceeded as follows in this exact order.

    Started with t-bar rows (today I did the supported version, which I honestly like better because I feel like I can isolate my back better and hit it harder) and gradually increased weight with each set. I did about 7 sets. I normally don't do this many sets for one exercise but I have found this one to be very effective at hitting my back and plus Andy does ten when I workout with him and he's one guy I can trust.

    Anyways, I decided to go for a PR for reps and slapped on 6 plates. I asked my spotter (same one from yesterday) to be there in case I can't get it up all the way or fail, but to not help. He kept his hand on it the whole time which was annoying but at least he wasn't daydreaming this time! Here's a video of my second set with this weight using the horizontal grip.




    We then did wide grip pull-ups.

    Yate Rows

    Lat pull-downs (behind head)

    Straight arm pushdowns

    and then finished with weighted back extensions

    Stretches

    Cardio will happen later tonight.

    Afterwards, I had my post workout shake consisting of protein powder and Labrada Power Carb.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  40. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250885
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    So tonight I did my RecoverPro a little differently. I had my typical 1 and a half scoops but only add in a tablespoon of Frost Glacier Freeze Gatorade. This was to give me some simple carbs and electrolytes with my BCAA's before I did my cardio. I actually did a double batch in a shaker cup and drank half before and the other half after. For my cardio I played an hour and a half of full court basketball. So exhausting yet so fun and beneficial too!


    So my diet layout so far for today was my breakfast shake as already mentioned, with the oats and banana.

    Then BCAA's before my workout

    Post workout protein shake with PowerCarb

    BCAA's

    Two cans of tuna fish with soysauce and some watermelon

    BCAA's and gatorade combo pre cardio

    BCAA's and gatorade post cardio

    7.5 oz of chicken and asparagus

    And probably a casein shake before I go to bed as well as my fish oil. today was a little higher on the BCAA's and carbs then usual but I also knew I would use it all with the intensity of my basketball playing.

    Right now I'm cutting on 2200 calories and my macros are: 50% from protein, 30% from carbs, and 20% from fats.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PUTTING SUSTAIN ALPHA TO THE TEST!
    By mikeshark00 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. Putting CRE-02 & Citruvol Ultra to the test with my BIG Stack!
    By JudgementDay in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
  3. Putting Natadrol to the TEST
    By crazym in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM
  4. DaveGabe putting Poseidon to the test!!
    By DaveGabe24 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in