Richak1226's Xtreme Forulations Arctic Lemonade Whey Review

richak1226

Awards
My good friend recommended me to this company for their high quality proteins and their top notch flavors. He told me about there AMAZING tasting Ultra Peptide, which can be bought in a couple very tasty flavors. I didn't really want that much casein in my protein, the Ultra Peptide has close to a 50/50 blend of micellar casein and whey isolate. So I opted to get the Ultra Peptide Whey Arctic Lemonade and here is what I think of it.

Profile:
I like this profile, it seems to be a rather standard profile with its calories. It has pretty low fat and carbs, so I wouldn't recommend it for meal replacement. That fits my needs greatly as a post-workout shake. The protein blend used it pretty solid it consists of cold processed ceramic microfiltered whey protein isolate, cold processed ceramic microfiltered whey protein concentrate, and hydrolyzed whey protein. Here is the label

There are some discrepancies between the label on my tub and the label found on bodybuilding.com such as:

The calories on the tub are actually 138 the cholesterol is 55mg, sodium 100 mg, potassium 130mg, total carbohydrates 6g, dietary fiber 0g, protein 24g, and calcium 107mg. The scoop is also a 34g scoop rather than a 32g that is listed. Also it is listed as having 71 servings but the tub says it has 67.

8/10

Mixibility: The mixibility is kind of bad with this product. I normally expect no clumps after a decent amount of shaking with my protein. I used the recommended amount of water with it and had to shake it quite a bit and still had chunks coming through me strainer. The clumps that sneak through are very bitter and like all chucks are hard to choke down.

7/10

Taste: With the XF company I really have heard a lot of good things about their flavors, so I had my hopes set really high. My hopes were actually less then what the product actually is. The flavor is exceptional, just imagine sipping on a cold glass of lemonade in the summer heat. This stuff is great. Absolutely no after taste, and no typical whey taste. One of the best proteins I have ever tasted. A great way to switch up from the dull boring taste of your normal whey/protein.

10/10

Texture: There was no gritty texture to this product, however like I mentioned earlier there was some clumps.

8/10

Price: I got this on bodybuilding.com for 44.99 for 5lbs. That's a pretty average price, maybe towards the higher side, but still a good price. The price per serving is $.75.

7/10

Overall: If you can get past the clumps with this protein, want to spend a couple extra bucks, and want a super good tasting protein BUY THIS STUFF. I would recommend this protein to anyone and everyone. XF has made a quality product with this and I will come back the them in the future.

8/10