Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter Review

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was hesitant to try this product but I gave in based on the reviews. One of the reviews described the taste like Resse's Peanut Butter Cups. I don't think so. This stuff doesn't taste like Chocolate or Peanut butter at all. It smells pretty good but has a strange taste to it. There is some kind of awful chemical after taste too. I mixed it with water and also tried it with milk. Still it doesn't taste that great. It does however mix pretty good. There is also these white hard chunks mixed in with the protein powder. I'm guessing its peanut flour?. Just a guess. They are hard as rocks but crushable with enough force between the thumb and forefinger.

I thought maybe it was just me and so I got another opinion. I made my wife some and she wanted to throw it out. She asked me if maybe it had gone bad?.

Anyway, thumbs down from me. I won't be purchasing Trutein again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
saved me some money.

thanks-t

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't like the Truteins. I stick with the vanilla whey from them. Their Jamocha flavor in the Iso-ology and Whey-ology is damn good too but more money than I want to spend on protein.

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love the choco pb trutein and wheyology. I don't get a weird chemical taste from either of them. My only issue is it tastes too good to me and I go overboard when on low-carb.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just stick to my beloved Milk Chocolate Myofusion.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am very surprised as I loved trutein and have purchased a great deal of it. I have been sticking with their iso-ology however.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup T-Bone.

Try it with Milk (I use Almond Milk - healthier) + a touch of stevia/splenda.

Whole different ball game.

I tend to agree over all though that all the protein powders taste like crap with some sort of weird aftertaste unless I use milk (unless the protein shakes are loaded with sugar, fat, etc).

I was hesitant to try this product but I gave in based on the reviews. One of the reviews described the taste like Resse's Peanut Butter Cups. I don't think so. This stuff doesn't taste like Chocolate or Peanut butter at all. It smells pretty good but has a strange taste to it. There is some kind of awful chemical after taste too. I mixed it with water and also tried it with milk. Still it doesn't taste that great. It does however mix pretty good. There is also these white hard chunks mixed in with the protein powder. I'm guessing its peanut flour?. Just a guess. They are hard as rocks but crushable with enough force between the thumb and forefinger.

I thought maybe it was just me and so I got another opinion. I made my wife some and she wanted to throw it out. She asked me if maybe it had gone bad?.

Anyway, thumbs down from me. I won't be purchasing Trutein again.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
trutien choc = best

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whacked I tried it with both water and milk and it still tastes like crap. All protein powders don't taste like crap though. There are a few I really love. Myofusion Mint Chocolate tastes amazing to me. I also love Pro Complex Strawberry Swirl, Rocky Road and Vanilla. Years ago I used to drink All The Whey blends and the Orange Creme was amazing. I've had some bad tasting protein before and this one is pretty bad. I'll have to power through it though, very expensive protein.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna have to give that Myofusion stuff a whirl. Thanks ;)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
did you pick a sweetner?
I like there flavs for the most part when I have used them.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just make sure you get the Chocolate Mint flavor.

Gaspari Nutrition
MyoFusion Protein, Chocolate Mint
Discontinued by Manufacturer

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From another site I use. Good to hear!