Pulled from the Matrix w/'Red Pill'; PES AnaBeta01

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I am highly fortunate enough to have been granted access to a run of AnaBeta. HUGE thanks to NattyD/PES for this.

Goals: lean bulk, to add LBM
Diet: will be eating big and for the most part ‘clean’, will (to the best of my abilities) limit sweets/refined sugars.
Training: (fasted training) weights 4x’s/week using an FST7-esque model (although I do like variety and switching up often). Doing 2 days cardio/core

M-Chest/Bi
T- Legs
W- Back/Tri
Th- cardio/core
F- Legs/traps
Sat- cardio/core
Sun-Off/stretch

Other Supps:
APS Mesomorph
APS creatine nitrate (4 caps PreWO)
Glycergrow (2 scoops PreWO/1 scoop Intra)
BC+EAA (1 serv preWO), (1 serv Intra)
IntraFuse (2 scoops, Intra)
ON’s Hyrdobuilder (1 scoop PostWO)
LipoTropic & various other proteins, multi...

AnaBeta: (4 caps/day with 1 cap taken PreWO, 1 caps postWO w/pro/carbs, other 2 caps taken with meals that contain carbs/pro)

Back in shortly with Today's WO/thoughts...but can tell you this...it's going to be an awesome ride :yup:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 2- Ch/Bi

**Smith Inc (bar weight not included) (mod weight rows b/t sets)
20x21’s/40x21’s
60x15’s (21’s style)
40x15’s
40x15’s/60x10’s/40x10’s

-superset- (rows/half deads b/t sets)
**Flat BB
115x 4 // 95 x 8/3 // 95 x 8/5
**Flat DB
40x 8 // 40 x 8/4 // 40 7/4

**Seated Cable fly
FST7 style
30x 10/10/10/10
-superset-
Standing cable fly (low)
12.5 x 10 ss (high) 12.5x10
-repeat-

**HS rev grip Iso lat pulldown
70 (ea side) x 8
70 x 5 -ss- 45 x 15
45x 20

**HS preacher curl
35 x 21’s
-ss- lateral raise x 20
35 x 15’s
-ss- lateral raise x 15

**Inc zottman curls
15 x 20
15x 20

**Nautilus fly
80x 20 –ss- R Delt flyes 55 x 20

Notes: Took 1 cap with PreWO, roughly 45-50 mins before first workset. Kept the pace going fairly quick, limited rest and was able to keep focus/intensity high throughout (which was rather high to begin with) the workout. The pump was AWESOME, similar to what XFA provides, very solid. Surprisingly, did not sweat nearly as much as I had been the last 3 weeks, especially surprising since I did not work out this past Sat/Sun and ate a good deal of food along with sodium, Fri night, Sat night and some on Sunday.
I’ll really be interested in what kind of repartitioning effects Anabeta has, I’ve not really noticed much from the few I’ve tried in the past (P-slin, Anabolic pump, ‘Slin)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ll really be interested in what kind of repartitioning effects Anabeta has, I’ve not really noticed much from the few I’ve tried in the past (P-slin, Anabolic pump, ‘Slin)
Going to be "an awesome ride" indeed! ;)

Looking forward to seeing how you find AnaBeta-01 compared to other nutrient repartitioners you have used.

~Rosie~

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In it to win it
Nice, N to the D is here, it's now officially a par-tay! :friday:

Going to be "an awesome ride" indeed! ;)

Looking forward to seeing how you find AnaBeta-01 compared to other nutrient repartitioners you have used.

~Rosie~
Yeeeea! Rosie is in my thread!!! I have officially arrived, AM! Ahhhh <kicks shoes off> feels good :yup:

Edit: also thanks for posting my link in the beta logs list Rosie ;)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tues 5-3-11 Legs

Worked Legs today, didn’t get a chance to get some BB front/back squats thrown in like I was hoping since the squat & half rack were being used pretty much the whole time (will get these in on Fri). But worked volume & little to no rest time...lead off with calf raises, then pre exhaust stacked set of leg extensions right into some supersets of single legged squats, BW wide to narrow squats, Nautilus leg press for a few rounds...tossed in some sissy squats, leg curls, hip adductors, lunges...lunges...& lunges...had a solid, well rounded pump, even feeling solid & larger in upper body. Noticed slight increase in urinations yesterday & this morning...slight hunger going up but not nearly as bad as I thought (and feared) it might...but even so, the cravings for sweets/junk isn’t all that strong. No real or at least noticeable body temp increase. I did find today & yesterday that time to warm up prior to working out is/was cut down, seems that muscles/joints warm up sooner & the pump onset is almost immediate...and another day of focused aggression.

Dosing wise of Anabeta, here’s the schedule that seemed to manifest:
*5am 1 cap PreWO
*7:15ish 1 cap PostWO (1 scoop hyrdo-builder immediately after WO) 45-60 mins later ½ - ¾ cup oatmeal, ½ scoop LipoT protein, 1 pear or banana
*11:30 1 cap lunch
2pm snack (fat/pro)- no cap
*4:30/5pmish 1 cap dinner
8pmish- snack (fat/pro) – no cap

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have scanned a couple of times but can't find any starting statistics like weight, body fat etc. Other than what is listed under your avatar obviously. Is this correct as of starting?

Am I blind?!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have scanned a couple of times but can't find any starting statistics like weight, body fat etc. Other than what is listed under your avatar obviously. Is this correct as of starting?

Am I blind?!
Whoops! my bad...Sorry all...
Starting weight is 177lbs
BF% ummm, higher than 10% lower than 15% ;)
when working Abs, the top row pop out some...but aren't defined...

I did snap a couple pics prior to starting yesterday...will post up along side 'afters' at the conclusion of the run...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wed 5-4-11 Back/Tri

**Hoist pulldown
#5x 15’s (in 21’s style) / #6 x 15’s / #7x15’s / #8 x 5 + (close hand pushups)
#7x15’s/ #8x15’s / #9 x 4

**Nautilus 1 dual row
100x12 / 120 x 8 / 80 x 8 + 8
110x8 / 80x8 + 8
110 x 8 / 90 x8 (close hand pushups)
110x10 / 90x 10
120x 5 / 90x5
150x3 / 110 x5

**wide grip pulldown
90x 10 (behind head) / x 8 (front)
75 x 10 (behind head) / x 10 (front)

-superset-
**CGBP
95 x 11 // 95 x 7 // 95 x 7
**DB squeeze press-neutral grip
40 x 6 // 40 x 6 // 40 x 3
(mod DB rows b/t sets for active recovery)

**Lying Tri Ext
45 x 10 + CGBP x 5
-3 sets-

**Rope pushdown
40x10/30x10/20x10
3 sets

**R delt flyes
55x15/40x15

Notes: thoroughly worked and thoroughly pumped...UP! Love it. Went out with a friend last night and had some chicken enchiladas, beans, rice, chips, salsa...had taken a cap of Anabeta about 30-40 mins prior, didn’t experience any bloat that I would typically get with a carb heavy meal such as that...very nice! Still have not experienced any extreme hunger pains between meals. Body temp/thermo effect, I’d say is slightly higher. Although, haven’t been sleeping the greatest all this week, which might contribute (?)....keep waking up through the night...and when I do, I'm alert...but no problems falling back asleep within a few mins, just annoying....and had some crazy dreams last night I’d normally get when using a GH booster prior to bed...weird...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thurs 5-5-11

slowed things down a bit today due to being sore all over and popped in the StretchX disc from the p90x series....good stuff here and I always feel better after doing it. I went ahead an popped 1 cap Anabeta prior and still managed to get a pump, esp when doing arm circles...

Side question...just curious...does anything in anabeta exhibit any anti-inflammatory properties that Natty/DA can share? I really think a stack of this and XFA would just be freaaaking awesome...

Diet wise, I'm not seeing/feeling any fat spillover, going to slightly up the cals...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome first post, but...

"I know what you're trying to do."

;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^"Do you really think that my being stronger or faster than you has anything to do with my muscles in this place?"

LOL, I could do this all day.

Well, you guys got my attention, so this log better pay off! :lol:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
'Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?'

<end scene>

:clap2:

Muwhhhahah...If the log pays off? meaning there's a chance you might gain some LBM just by reading my log? if that happens, be sure I'm gonna come lookin for ya... 'gimmie my lbm back ya son of <beeeep> and a tub of dat der RecoverPRO while you're at it' :11:

:)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I was just hoping to learn something. If I gain some LBM I definitely won't complain, lol.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. Well played Azmidlyf, well played indeed!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 5-6-11 Quads/traps/sh

Still had some lingering soreness today, particularly upper back...triceps and some in legs...don’t get me wrong I LOVE the feeling :bigok: ...but come on already! :) I wound up doing basically full body but with heavier weight emphasis on calves, quads, traps, shoulders....tossed in some light deadlifts just to work on form.
I popped 2 caps Anabeta preWO, definite difference...increased sweating for sure, perhaps added aggression even...hard to say for sure, b/c (after some going back n forth in a thread related to preWO nutrition and training fasted & now paranoid about it) I also experimented with eating a banana and ½ scoop protein about 15-20 mins prior to taking the preWO & supps today.... will drop that for Monday...but stick with 2 caps AnaBeta preWO, 1 w/lunch, 1 w/dinner....

Which leads me to a question to throw out to all of you...and how much LBM gains I might be limiting myself training in a (near) fasted state...I know there are lots of theories out there and some prefer to train fasted others not...and I do believe it’s ‘optimal’ to eat a balanced preWO meal 1-2 hrs before a workout to maximize LBM gains....it’s just that training first thing in the morning is really my only option and getting up at 3:30-4am is NOT appealing....and is why I use ~30g of BCAA/EAA from preWO thru IntraWO....and then on the other hand along the same line the whole eating close to working out, releasing insulin, negating the fat burning, GH elevation, stim blunting effects & me having been an obese kid/teen having a phobia of regaining fat.....

Here’s my layout

5am wake –
PreWO-
1 scoop mesomorph/CN
3 scoops glycergrow (which is listed as 6g ‘fat’)
1 serving BC+EAA (=10g)
2 anabeta

~5:45 working out
Intra-
2 scoops Intrafuse (which is hydrowhey + leucine)(cals 50, 4g carb, 8g pro)
1 serving BC+EAA (=10g)
1 scoop glycergrow (2g ‘fat’)

Workout done ~7am
1 scoop Hydrobuilder

45-60 mins later
½ scoop Lipotropic
½ cup oatmeal
1/2 – ¾ cup raisin bran

3 hours later lunch....3 hours later snack...3 hour later dinner....3 hours later prebed snack (LipoT + several bites of real coconut)....

Soooo, opinions? I know ultimately the answer is ‘whatever works best for MY body’....so more just wondering if y’all think I’m protecting muscle from being broken down enough to build LBM effectively...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which leads me to a question to throw out to all of you...and how much LBM gains I might be limiting myself training in a (near) fasted state...I know there are lots of theories out there and some prefer to train fasted others not...and I do believe it’s ‘optimal’ to eat a balanced preWO meal 1-2 hrs before a workout to maximize LBM gains....
IMO, as long as your nutrition throughout the rest of the day is on target for gains, then I see no reason why you would be "limiting" your LBM gains by training in a fasted or near fasted state. Personally, I've trained fasted and unfasted, and it hasn't made a difference to my progress, whether wanting muscle gains or fat loss. Unless you have done both (eating the same amount and training the same, the only difference being training either fasted or unfasted), you cannot say whether or not you are possibly "limiting" your maximal gaining potential. What is "optimal" for one person is not necessarily going to be the same for another, and there are always anomalies to any "general" or "established" and "accepted" theories.

~Rosie~

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO, as long as your nutrition throughout the rest of the day is on target for gains, then I see no reason why you would be "limiting" your LBM gains by training in a fasted or near fasted state. Personally, I've trained fasted and unfasted, and it hasn't made a difference to my progress, whether wanting muscle gains or fat loss. Unless you have done both (eating the same amount and training the same, the only difference being training either fasted or unfasted), you cannot say whether or not you are possibly "limiting" your maximal gaining potential. What is "optimal" for one person is not necessarily going to be the same for another, and there are always anomalies to any "general" or "established" and "accepted" theories.

~Rosie~
Thank you very much Rosie! That def gives me some reassurance :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here’s my layout

5am wake –
PreWO-
1 scoop mesomorph/CN
3 scoops glycergrow (which is listed as 6g ‘fat’)
1 serving BC+EAA (=10g)
2 anabeta

~5:45 working out
Intra-
2 scoops Intrafuse (which is hydrowhey + leucine)(cals 50, 4g carb, 8g pro)
1 serving BC+EAA (=10g)
1 scoop glycergrow (2g ‘fat’)

Workout done ~7am
1 scoop Hydrobuilder

45-60 mins later
½ scoop Lipotropic
½ cup oatmeal
1/2 – ¾ cup raisin bran

3 hours later lunch....3 hours later snack...3 hour later dinner....3 hours later prebed snack (LipoT + several bites of real coconut)....

Soooo, opinions? I know ultimately the answer is ‘whatever works best for MY body’....so more just wondering if y’all think I’m protecting muscle from being broken down enough to build LBM effectively...
I would take 1 AnaBeta pre-workout

1 AnaBeta with your post workout shake or meal

1 AnaBeta with lunch

1 AnaBeta with dinner

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mon 5-9-11 Ch/Bi

-superset-
**Inc BB
95 x 5 + 2.5 // 95x4 // 95 x 4 // 75 x 10
**Inc DB
35 x 7 // 35 x 6 // 35 x 5 + 5 // 35 x 5
(rows b/t sets w/35 DB)

-superset-
**Flat BB
105 x 8 // 105 x 5.5 // 105 x 5
**Flat DB
40 x 7 // 40 x 8 // 40 x 5 //
(db rows b/t sets)
-superset-
DB rev press 15 x 12
DB reg press 40 x 5

**Adj arm cable fly ss L/M/H (FST-7 style)
15 x 10 + 10/10/10
17 x 10/10/10
17x 10/10/10

**HS Iso lat pulldwn (under hand)
70 (each side) x 9/5/5
80 (each) x 5/5
70 (each) 5/5

**Slight Inc Hammer curl
20 x 10 – 3 sets

**Nautilus Preacher curl (FST7 style)
60 x 12
50x 10
50x 10
50x 10

Notes: Couple of technical issues on Inc BB (arms flaring out too much), but other than that I kicked this workouts ace. Huge pump and added some slight lb increases...always a good feeling.
To compare Friday’s dosing and what effects it gave, I dosed 2 caps AnaBeta with PreWO today...I DO like it...I might play around with it some, but given NattyD being the expert on this one, will mostly adhere to the original dosing guidelines...
Diet: decided yesterday that I will cut out all candy/dessert foods for a while and see what that does...although I wasn’t eating that much sugar/junk...it’s less tempting to eat (and I have binging tendencies) if I just cut it out all together....

Start of week 2 weight: 178 (+1 lb)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would take 1 AnaBeta pre-workout

1 AnaBeta with your post workout shake or meal

1 AnaBeta with lunch

1 AnaBeta with dinner

This ^^ is the dosing pattern I started with last week...but then after reading MrB's 2 cap preWO experience was trying that out...given that you are the expert on AnaB and know the in's/out's of its attributes, would you say the 1/1/1/1 dosing would be better suited to me in my situation (fasted training)..or just that's how it works best for yourself and the majority of users?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
'Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?'

<end scene>

:clap2:

:)
"Because I CHOOSE TO!" :09:

(I needed closure! Some one had to say it, may as well be me.)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This ^^ is the dosing pattern I started with last week...but then after reading MrB's 2 cap preWO experience was trying that out...given that you are the expert on AnaB and know the in's/out's of its attributes, would you say the 1/1/1/1 dosing would be better suited to me in my situation (fasted training)..or just that's how it works best for yourself and the majority of users?
Both...I think the 1/1/1/1 would be better for fasted training, and it is the standard dosing

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which leads me to a question to throw out to all of you...and how much LBM gains I might be limiting myself training in a (near) fasted state...I know there are lots of theories out there and some prefer to train fasted others not...and I do believe it’s ‘optimal’ to eat a balanced preWO meal 1-2 hrs before a workout to maximize LBM gains....it’s just that training first thing in the morning is really my only option and getting up at 3:30-4am is NOT appealing....and is why I use ~30g of BCAA/EAA from preWO thru IntraWO....and then on the other hand along the same line the whole eating close to working out, releasing insulin, negating the fat burning, GH elevation, stim blunting effects & me having been an obese kid/teen having a phobia of regaining fat.....

~Rosie~
I made a post on my blog about this only a few days ago so I have a reasonable pertinent study to hand. It is to do with fasted training's effect on fat loss rather than muscle gain but it is interesting either way. :)

---

Paoli A, Marcolin G, Zonin F, Neri M, Sivieri A, Pacelli QF
Exercising fasting or fed to enhance fat loss? Influence of food intake on respiratory ratio and excess postexercise oxygen consumption after a bout of endurance training. [Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2011 Feb; 21(1):48-54.

Exercise and nutrition are often used in combination to lose body fat and reduce weight. In this respect, exercise programs are as important as correct nutrition. Several issues are still controversial in this field, and among them there are contrasting reports on whether training in a fasting condition can enhance weight loss by stimulating lipolytic activity. The authors' purpose was to verify differences in fat metabolism during training in fasting or feeding conditions. They compared the effect on oxygen consumption (VO2) and substrate utilization, estimated by the respiratory-exchange ratio (RER), in 8 healthy young men who performed the same moderate-intensity training session (36 min of cardiovascular training on treadmill at 65% maximum heart rate) in the morning in 2 tests in random sequence: FST test (fasting condition) without any food intake or FED test (feeding condition) after breakfast. In both cases, the same total amount and quality of food was assumed in the 24 hr after the training session. The breakfast, per se, increased both VO2 and RER significantly (4.21 vs. 3.74 and 0.96 vs. 0.84, respectively). Twelve hours after the training session, VO2 was still higher in the FED test, whereas RER was significantly lower in the FED test, indicating greater lipid utilization. The difference was still significant 24 hr after exercise. The authors conclude that when moderate endurance exercise is done to lose body fat, fasting before exercise does not enhance lipid utilization; rather, physical activity after a light meal is advisable.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I made a post on my blog about this only a few days ago so I have a reasonable pertinent study to hand. It is to do with fasted training's effect on fat loss rather than muscle gain but it is interesting either way. :)

---

The authors conclude that when moderate endurance exercise is done to lose body fat, fasting before exercise does not enhance lipid utilization; rather, physical activity after a light meal is advisable.

Thanks bdcc! very interesting...for kicks...and comparisons, I would really like to see them do the same thing with resistance training and/or HIIT...instead of 35 mins of mod intense treadmill...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wed 5-11 Back/Tri

**Hoist- wide grip pulldwn
4 x 8-10

**Natilus 1 dual row
120x12
130x11
130x8/120x8/100x10
130x8/120x8/110x8/100x10/10

**Pulldown
Wide/behind head 90 x 10 + (front) x 10
75 (behind) x 10 / (front) 90x10
90 (front) x 10/10

**stiff arm pulldown
30x10
30x10

**Inc BB press 65x18
65x12

-superset-
**Flat CGBP
95 x 7 // 95 x7 //
**DB squeeze press
40 x 5 // 40 x 7 //

**Lying Tri ext
45 x 10 ss close grip press x 10
45 x 10 ss close grip press x 10
45x 7 ss close grip press x 10

**Rope pressdowns
40x 10/ 30x10/10
30x 10/20x10

Notes: Love a good Back/tri workout. Kept things moving right along. Limited rest. Sweat and pumped it up good. Yesterday worked legs and began to incorporate the Hack Squat and Leg press.

AnaBeta: Day 10 of AnaBeta....still not really feeling any sense of increased hunger...I haven’t gone back into others’ logs to scour them to see when that started showing up for them...also the feeling of being ‘pumped’, noticing this pretty much just around the workout and some time afterwards, not so much throughout the day ...but also worth noting is that I have a desk job...so perhaps If I had more movement during the day there might be a difference....or perhaps the effects of AnaB just haven’t totally surfaced/kicked in for me yet.

Tomorrow will be some lateral delt work and Kenpo/cardio/core....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES have a good track record and I'm always in the market for a good bridge product....

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 12

Not sure if it was a self-fullfilling prophecy or not after having read all the reviews about AnaB and the increase in appetite I was reading in the Q&A thread....but getting close to dinner thru dinner time last night, had a pit in my stomach and kept eating...and eating....could have been the new swedish meatball recipe my wife made...but was crazy...and also had some weird dreams...which may have resulted having eaten quite a bit up until about 8:30, not sure....any who...also feeling warmer all morning...

Workout still trying to find that structure that works for my Friday workout..'shoulders-traps'....but I worked on Rack Deadlift...and BB lunge/squat form for some sets...then BB military press, Inc BB press...some lateral raises/upright row, r delt sequences...then did some partial range burnouts on Wide dips & Par grip chins...

Thinking about modifying workout structure for next week...and pair up Ch/Bk, Legs, Bi/Tri...have always really liked pairing antagonist muscle groups...and mix it up with some heavier weights...just to switch it up...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How often do you switch up your routine structure? Just curious.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How often do you switch up your routine structure? Just curious.
structure as far as the pairing of muscle groups, not that often, I switched to the Chest/Bi, Legs, Back/tri, Sh/traps format last fall and have been really liking it, esp the indirect work on tri's/Chest day, Bi's/back day, back/Bi's day, etc...I switch different variables prolly every 2-3 weeks, such as volume, preEx, rep count, drop sets, giant sets, some FST-7's to end...I did decide to keep the stucture the same now, moreso, b/c getting a true antagonist workout at my 24hr gym would be almost impossible...until it dies down some, hopefully this summer...

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure if it was a self-fullfilling prophecy or not after having read all the reviews about AnaB and the increase in appetite I was reading in the Q&A thread....but getting close to dinner thru dinner time last night, had a pit in my stomach and kept eating...and eating....could have been the new swedish meatball recipe my wife made...but was crazy...and also had some weird dreams...which may have resulted having eaten quite a bit up until about 8:30, not sure....any who...also feeling warmer all morning...

Workout still trying to find that structure that works for my Friday workout..'shoulders-traps'....but I worked on Rack Deadlift...and BB lunge/squat form for some sets...then BB military press, Inc BB press...some lateral raises/upright row, r delt sequences...then did some partial range burnouts on Wide dips & Par grip chins...

Thinking about modifying workout structure for next week...and pair up Ch/Bk, Legs, Bi/Tri...have always really liked pairing antagonist muscle groups...and mix it up with some heavier weights...just to switch it up...
I always like to switch it up...get some soreness that you havent felt in a while lets you know you just shocked your muscles

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always like to switch it up...get some soreness that you havent felt in a while lets you know you just shocked your muscles
I love getting sore, just one of those indicators that tells me I did some work! :yup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love getting sore, just one of those indicators that tells me I did some work! :yup:
I also feel bigger and tighter when I am sore...:veryhappy:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mon 5-16-11 Chest/Bi

Day 15

-superset-
**Inc BB
95x4 // 95 x 3 // 75 x 11 // 95 x 6 // 75 x 10
**Inc DB
35 x 5 // 35 x 5 // 35 x 5 // 35 x 4 // 20 x 7
(BB/DB rows b/t sets)

-superset-
**Flat BB
95 x 11 / 95 x 11 // 95 x 10
**Flat DB
45 x 5 // 45 x 5 + 20 x 15 // 25 x 10

(BB rows b/t sets)

**Cable Fly: Low-Med-High position superset
17.5 x 10/10/8
15 x 10/10/10

**HS Uni-lateral pulldown
Overhand grip 70 x 6 ss underhand x 8
60 x 8 / 8

**HS preacher
40 x 10/10
25x 10/10/10

**Seated Zottman
15 x 25

**Feet Asst. bottom/partial range dips/par grip pullups
#7 x 10/6
#6 x 10/10
#6 x 10/10

Notes: Solid, intense focus, tight pump, great workout, I have the muscle 'tinglies' (thrashed muscle) going on right now, esp in my biceps, love it...I ‘played’ with the AnaB doses this weekend, just did 3 sat/sun, to then dose 5 today and tomorrow...so I did 2 preWO today, 1 postWO, 1 lunch/1 dinner...

Start of week 3 weight: 178lbs (+0)

Kept pretty clean diet Friday, Sunday...most of Sat (along with some PlyoX/Abs Sat morning)...splurged with some Digiorno Pizza (garlic crust) Sat night...and some hagen daaz, not sure what the size was but was ummm, it was a 3.5 servings container, blueberry crumble :32:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
structure as far as the pairing of muscle groups, not that often, I switched to the Chest/Bi, Legs, Back/tri, Sh/traps format last fall and have been really liking it, esp the indirect work on tri's/Chest day, Bi's/back day, back/Bi's day, etc...I switch different variables prolly every 2-3 weeks, such as volume, preEx, rep count, drop sets, giant sets, some FST-7's to end...I did decide to keep the stucture the same now, moreso, b/c getting a true antagonist workout at my 24hr gym would be almost impossible...until it dies down some, hopefully this summer...
How did you previously do it before switching over, Back/Bis, Chest/Tris, etc?

I don't know if I've ever tried doing it quite the way you've laid it out above, but I think I'm going to try it pretty soon. Thanks for sharing.

My back was sore most of last week, so I made up for it Saturday and Sunday...I'm sore head to toe...and loving it :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smokey8766 Injury / Rehab 37
Supplements 9
enhanced Injury / Rehab 9
enhanced Injury / Rehab 0
DaveyCrockett Anabolics 2