MidwestBeast's Taurus Nutrition Wyked & DA-HCG Log (Sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As always, first things first, I'd like to give a big thank you to Eric and Taurus Nutrition, as well as the entire rep team (all great guys (and gal :yup: ) that I am big fans of on the forum) for the opportunity to run this log.

You can take a look at any of my previous sponsored logs by checking out my profile; the entire "about me" and "who I'd like to meet" sections are full of links. I'll give a brief history here, but don't want to get into too much (covered it plenty of times lol).

I'm currently trying to cut, but it's honestly more of pushing for added strength and endurance, as I battle the hypothyroidism and try to find a way to figure out if that's what's stopped my ability to drop weight or if it's something else. I was diagnosed with the hypothyroidism on Feb 1, took 50mcg of Synthroid (T4) for ~10 weeks and just got bumped by an endo to 112mcg a week ago. I'll go in for blood work again in 5 weeks to see what this has done and hopefully in the meantime, I'll notice the ability to cut some fat. If it's not this, I've got a few other ideas, but hopefully it's this.

Anyway :laugh:

My training style is 1 week of Max-OT training, and a week of bodybuilding-style lifting, but with 60 second rest periods. I will post all of them up, as well. My split is:

Biceps / Triceps
Legs / Abs
Delts / Traps
OFF
Chest / Abs
Back
OFF

I typically play 1-1.5 hours of basketball on Tuesday nights, too.

I really enjoy this training style, as I implemented it at the start of this year and I have only gained strength the entire time; portions of it being with only staple supplements.

Tomorrow will be my first dose before I hit chest and abs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reserved for final review.

:yup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm here mofo
Started name-calling already? You didn't wait for me? :rasp:

After that, back to MidwestBeast - hope you figure out what it is as well, bud and give it a :buttkick: out of here, so you can get some results!

~Rosie~

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed lookin forward to this one
Thanks, bro. I'll be lurking around in yours as well ;)

Started name-calling already? You didn't wait for me? :rasp:

After that, back to MidwestBeast - hope you figure out what it is as well, bud and give it a :buttkick: out of here, so you can get some results!

~Rosie~
I bring name-calling out of people, I guess :guilty::shrug: lol

And thanks, Rosie. I'm actually likely heading into an acute-care facility today to have something else checked out that isn't right. I'll offer up more details as I have them.

Checking in for your log HS.
I'd expect nothing less, brother DF :laugh2:

Getting ready to eat my pre-workout meal shortly and then off for chest and abs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosed 2 scoops of Wyked and 1 scoop of DA-HCG about 30 minutes pre-workout (will dose the other scoop later on). Amazing taste, you guys weren't kidding :yumyum:.

As I've noticed lately, increased sweating in the gym (feels great, actually), which I attribute to the increased dosage of Synthroid.

Chest / Abs (High Intensity Week):

Cable Flys (high pulley) 120x12 (x4)
Cable Flys (low pulley) 110x12 / 100x12 / 90x12 / 90x12
Solo Cable Fly Stretch (mid pulley) 90x12 (x4)
Incline DB Bench: 75's x 12 (x2) / 65's x 12 (x2)

Cable Crunches: 200x15 (x4)

Total Workout Time: 38 minutes

Weight this morning was 239 lbs.

It's been hovering right around there for quite a while no matter what, but I'm hopeful as the increased dosage of T4 builds up, I'll see some results. In the meantime, I'll be going back to Ezekiel bread versus the whole grain stuff I use off and on. I'll also be upping some cardio back in, even though I prefer to use calorie restriction in order to maintain muscle mass. I just sent an e-mail to someone selling a heavy bag / speed bag on a stand combo, and hopefully that'll pan out, because that would be great and really help with the increased aggression / irritability that my situation has brought upon me.

Spent the afternoon at an urgent care, getting some things checked out. I don't want to go into any details yet, but sometime next week I'll be getting a cat scan on my stomach and they want to get me set up for a colonoscopy. I'll be sure to share updates on any of this as I have them.

Tomorrow will be a back workout and I may throw in some cardio this evening.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just thought I'd post this because it came across my fb newsfeed. I'm heading back to see family next weekend and will be going down to hang out with a few friends I went to college with for a day or two, as well, and this weekend was initially the date we'd planned on. I'm incredibly thankful this wasn't the case because what took place is just ridiculous and it's embarrassing:

EDIT: That video was removed, but if you search "Wheeler Block Party 2011" on youtube, or leave the 2011 off and do the search by upload date, there are a ton up there. It's just pathetic.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed brotha!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How is possible I not see this log!!!

damn it Hypno-Toad

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/1/11 - Back (High Intensity Week):

Lat Pulldowns: 200x12 (x4)
Smith Machine Bent-over Rows: 200x12 (x2) / 205x12 (x2)
Seated Rows w/ Double D Ring: 220x12 (x4)
Straight-Bar Pushdowns: 140x12 (x4)
Lower Back Extensions: 25x12 (x2)

Total Workout Time: 38 minutes

Weight up on all 4 sets on lat pulldowns, seated rows and pushdowns. Weight up on last 2 sets of rows and the lower back extensions are slowly being re-introduced to strengthen my lower back and help out with the locking up it's been doing when I play basketball (blamed mostly on it being weak, but more on the extra weight around my midsection).

Bent-over rows are actually done at more of a 45 degree angle on purpose; it puts a lot of emphasis on my lower lats and I really enjoy that to help with the V-taper of my back.

It was a good workout; pouring sweat again.

I'm looking into trying to get a heavy bag stand, actually. I don't really have the room for it, but I think it would be a nice addition to help get some short bouts of cardio throughout the day and help with the increased anger/irritability I've had lately lol. I'm waiting on a few e-mails on craigslist and hoping one in particular works out for me.

I dosed 2 scoops of Wyked and 1 scoop of DA-HCG pre-workout again (2nd scoop of DA-HCG will be taken in the evening, as it was last night). I must say, I was surprised at the size of the Wyked container, initially, and was afraid the scoops were going to be huge based on that lol. I'm glad to say that's not the case.

Tomorrow is slated off, but I'll likely get at least one cardio session in. I may just go to the gym and walk on the treadmill at an incredibly slow pace for like 2 hours to watch the Bulls/Hawks game.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put a picture on the heavy bag and wail away my friend lol.
lol at the moment there's no one I really want to wail on.

Got 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio in this evening while I was watching the end of the Celtics / Heat "game." Just walked on the treadmill at a moderate pace and varied inclines, but kept it high. Again, this increased Synthroid has me sweating like crazy.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol at the moment there's no one I really want to wail on.

Got 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio in this evening while I was watching the end of the Celtics / Heat "game." Just walked on the treadmill at a moderate pace and varied inclines, but kept it high. Again, this increased Synthroid has me sweating like crazy.
You can always wail on the Monarch :bigok:

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another test log!?!? Holy crap buddy! Will the madness ever stop?! Lol! In for this one too.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another test log!?!? Holy crap buddy! Will the madness ever stop?! Lol! In for this one too.
Haha glad you're in here, bro.

And I tend to have these lined up pretty much non-stop. This will be my last one for a bit, though, unless it's something that's non-stim based that I can use during my long detox and hopeful return to stimulant sensitivity and well-rested adrenals.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
subbed.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to have all of you in here!

Tonight is off, but I'll likely hit a cardio session. Still deciding on if I'm gonna bother going to the gym to watch the Bulls/Hawks game or not.
even though they beat my pacers-i gotta roll with the bulls.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even though they beat my pacers-i gotta roll with the bulls.
Good man.

Well, yesterday around 5 or so, it started raining again and hasn't stopped yet...this is just ridiculous. Anyway, I got caught out in it grocery shopping and I just ended up staying in. I was super tired because of the stupid weather and didn't get a cardio session in, but my calories were really low for the day (not that any of this really matters at this point as my body doesn't act like a normal body and lose weight accordingly lol....just gains, it seems).

Tonight I'll snag a bicep/tricep workout (Max-OT week again) and then head to the church to play some ball.

I've been getting sick of losing, lately (I get incredibly competitive now for some reason; never was like that when I was younger), so I'm bringing a ringer with me. I met this guy at my gym not too long ago and he just moved down here from Cleveland (no, not LeBron James...:lol: ). Anyway, we were in the gym Sunday afternoon working out at the same time and the Memphis/OKC game was on. We get to talking and it turns out, he played ball with Tony Allen (on Memphis, but played with the Celtics back when they won in '08) in college. Crazy, right?

So we were joking around and he said I can't let anyone know he actually plays. I told him I'd convince them all he was on the match club :lmao:. Pretty sure his appearance will ruin that one for me lol.

But I'm looking forward to that. It's good and bad that I play at the church. Good because it keeps me from blowing my top and acting out in a way that I never should anyway. Bad because when my teammates don't box out and give up easy rebounds I want to punch holes in the wall lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol just find a nice breakaway door rampage.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol just find a nice breakaway door rampage.
I about felt like it.

I didn't even mention the several times I almost got into car accidents just traveling from work to the grocery, to home last night...MWB was about to go Hulk on someone. No joke, I'm talking I wanted to get out of the car, drag someone by a shirt collar out the window and beat them senseless...

(fyi, I've been dealing with these urges prior to Wyked & DA-HCG, so I don't attribute this to them)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good man.

Well, yesterday around 5 or so, it started raining again and hasn't stopped yet...this is just ridiculous. Anyway, I got caught out in it grocery shopping and I just ended up staying in. I was super tired because of the stupid weather and didn't get a cardio session in, but my calories were really low for the day (not that any of this really matters at this point as my body doesn't act like a normal body and lose weight accordingly lol....just gains, it seems).

Tonight I'll snag a bicep/tricep workout (Max-OT week again) and then head to the church to play some ball.

I've been getting sick of losing, lately (I get incredibly competitive now for some reason; never was like that when I was younger), so I'm bringing a ringer with me. I met this guy at my gym not too long ago and he just moved down here from Cleveland (no, not LeBron James...:lol: ). Anyway, we were in the gym Sunday afternoon working out at the same time and the Memphis/OKC game was on. We get to talking and it turns out, he played ball with Tony Allen (on Memphis, but played with the Celtics back when they won in '08) in college. Crazy, right?

So we were joking around and he said I can't let anyone know he actually plays. I told him I'd convince them all he was on the match club :lmao:. Pretty sure his appearance will ruin that one for me lol.

But I'm looking forward to that. It's good and bad that I play at the church. Good because it keeps me from blowing my top and acting out in a way that I never should anyway. Bad because when my teammates don't box out and give up easy rebounds I want to punch holes in the wall lol.
exactly the reason i like tennis so much-it's all on me!!!:veryhappy:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same with wrestling. You might be on a team, but if you go out there and lose it is your fault. But damn if you win it feels great.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same with wrestling. You might be on a team, but if you go out there and lose it is your fault. But damn if you win it feels great.
i will leave wrestling to you younger guys, lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. That's great.
i will leave wrestling to you younger guys, lol.
Definitely good points.

I guess I get that from the bodybuilding, so I need a competitive team outlet, as well. Playing baseabll for 14 years left that gap for me and playing pick-up basketball through college and grad school did it for me; just a bit harder to get down here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol-i am from indiana, pick up hoops is in my blood. when i was growing up it was un-american not to have a goal on your garage.

long live bobby knight!!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/3/11 - Biceps / Triceps (Max-OT Week):

Olympic Bar Curls: 170x5 / 170x4 / 170x3
Cable Curls: 230x10 / 230x9
DB Hammer Curls: 95's x 10 / 95's x 8

Tricep Bar Pushdowns: 285x12 (x3)
Overhead Rope Tricep Extension / Roll: 220x6 / 220x7
Bodyweight Dips (slow): 1x15

Total Workout Time: 45 minutes

Basketball about an hour after that for a little over an hour. My ringer didn't show at the gym (was supposed to meet me there and follow me to the church). At least my team won 1 game. It's still incredibly frustrating. No one boxes out, so I've got my guy boxed out and out of no where here someone comes for a clear rebound and layup; makes me want to give up on defense as well. They also love to hurl up 3's when neither one of the other guys is under for a chance at a board. Whatever.

My lungs are pretty well back, feet have got to the point of getting used to it again, too. However, I still keep getting a pinching / knotting up in my lower back, just above my waist and only slightly to the left side (almost dead on in the middle of my back, but on the left maybe 3-4 inches over). Anyone ever dealt with this? I suspect it's my body dealing with all the extra weight it's holding around the midsection (which blows, but I can't do anything about it right now), but I'm curious since it's always in that exact spot if it's something else.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do u always end up on the suck squad?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol-i am from indiana, pick up hoops is in my blood. when i was growing up it was un-american not to have a goal on your garage.

long live bobby knight!!!!
Haha, love Knight. Only guy I love more is the coach from Blue Chips who punted the basketball into the stands (a la Knight lol).

How do u always end up on the suck squad?
No clue, man. It's usually the same guys. There is a guy who has several inches on me and definitely used to play - big boy, too. Can hit the jumper and of course dominate inside (his team almost always wins). Pair him up with the only guy who is a true point guard and there you have it.

We shoot for teams and the funny thing is that most of the time I'm on the team that makes, yet they all end up together.

Today it was me and 2 older guys (not old, but not as young as the rest). Usually I love playing with older guys because they know fundamentals, but like I said, total lack of boxing out and shooting up 3's when no one is under to rebound = losing.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Hey, Midwest how much water do you use to mix you wyked and do you mix wyked and DA together or seperate. I mix them at 11oz of water to 1.5 scoops of wyked and 1 scoop DA.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, Midwest how much water do you use to mix you wyked and do you mix wyked and DA together or seperate. I mix them at 11oz of water to 1.5 scoops of wyked and 1 scoop DA.
I mix mine in together. I use 20oz of water with 2 scoops and 2 scoops of RecoverPro(slightly flavored BCAAs).

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I mix mine in together. I use 20oz of water with 2 scoops and 2 scoops of RecoverPro(slightly flavored BCAAs).
I was thinking maybe Body Mortar CF since its lemonade flavored as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think the daa-hcg was intended to be mixed in wyked.:bigok:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I toss 'em both in the shaker together. To be honest, I don't measure the amount of water; just kind of eyeball it. It probably ends up being about 10 oz or so that I mix 2 scoops of Wyked and 1 scoop of DA-HCG in. So it's pretty close to what you do.

i think the daa-hcg was intended to be mixed in wyked.:bigok:
:saevilw:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/4/11 - Legs / Abs (Max-OT Week):

Squats: 375x5 / 375x4 / 375x5 / 315x6
SL Deads: 375x5 / 375x5
Leg Press: 790x6 / 790x6

Seated Calf Raise: 270x10 (x3)
Smith Machine Calf Raise: 470x10 (x3) / 360x15

Hanging Leg Raises: x12 / x10 / x10

Total Workout Time: 65 minutes

Took longer than planned because I ended up talking with the owner of the gym for a big. He's a pretty cool guy other than the fact that he thinks I juice and apparently can't get past the fact that I don't. I was sharing with him my anger for people who don't do things correctly and follow rules (stupid kid who does 1/8 ROM reps dropping rubber coated dumbells and breaking the casing off one...stared him down HARDCORE and shook my head at him; people not putting weights away and putting them in the wrong places (5's over 45's...smh)). I was kicking benches out of my way today because people drag them into an area and leave them (by machines) and I can't get from the leg press to the cage and I'm carrying 45's so I'm pissed and don't feel like politely moving it.

Needless to say the anger and rage is in full swing for me lol. I'll be so happy once I get some resolution and I can go back to being my mellow, happy self.

Driving back to IL tomorrow night (6.5 hour drive), so I'm not sure if I'm going to lift after work or not.