KLEEN Get’s WYKED Pumped, & WYKED Ripped! (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want to thank Taurus Nutrition for the chance to run this and of course my wife for bouncing off the floor and making this all possible.
Sorry Hun! ;)
Okay Down To Business!!!!

WYKED.JPG

I am really excited to try this product. It has a nice ingredient line up and will be my only source of major stimulants so I am banking on the thermogenic effect I know these ingredients to have to help me in my quest to become ripped. I plan on getting down as low as 6% maybe not before the end of this log but I will definitely be well on my way. I will be commenting on all of the major factors considered in a pre workout product; Stim Effect, Pump, Tingle Factor, Focus, Aggression, and of course vascularity.

NUTRITION I am currently running a Lean Gains eating protocol it is an Intermittent Fasting Protocol that has a 16 hour fasting period and an 8 hour eating window. It is working extremely well for me and gives me a lot more freedom of food choices so maintaining it will almost be effortless. I have been following this for about 8 weeks now and have cut recomped aggressively.

I will be logging in detail about my training, and nutrition as well. Good discussion is encouraged here.

TRAINING - My current split is 3 lift days a week alternating between an upper body and lower body / core workout.

Upper body - 12 Reps Tempo is controlled lifting about 3 seconds per rep.
Flat Bench - 2 warm up 2 work sets
Chins Grip Pull Downs - 2 warm up 2 work sets
Standing Shoulder Press - 1 work set
EZ Bar or BB Curl - 1 work set

Lower Body - 12 Reps Tempo is controlled lifting about 3 seconds per rep, except for trap bar dead lifts those will be 2-3 warm ups and a 20 rep rest pause style set, not taking more than 10-sh seconds max. I am working towards a goal of 405x20 in the next 12-15 months. If I maxed out at it now I would say I could get 325-335 x20 but I am going to move up gradually and give my joints and tendons to get used to the pounding so I will be starting that at 285x20. Should be a fun ride and this is just the beginning of that journey. They will also be done a little separated from the rest of the workout. I am doing them at home so they are either before my workout on Saturdays or during week days they are after work.

Trap Bar Dead Lift 20 Rep Rest Pause Set
Leg Press - 2 warm ups, 2 work sets -Feet low on platform to hit quads more.
Calve Press - 2 Sets
Weighted Crunch Machine or Draw Bridges - 3 sets

Now lets get WYKED!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reserved for review!

Review, updates, and pics.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2nd to sub!! I'm in for the long haul man! Should be a wyked log!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well well well guess who subbing in on this one.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed.......lookin forward to seein how u progress and glad you are subbed to mine as well LETS GET IT !

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the updates.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im down to see you get down to 6% bodyfat...LETS DO THIS!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always epic and detailed, Chris :)

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok is this a preworkout drink or something more...

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll be following closely. Your diet is interesting. Looking forward to seeing more details on it & how ripped up you get with Wyked!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.
Get your rip on, brother Kleen!!

When I first saw this product, I was like why do that call it wiked?
Then I realized they meant wicked. LMAO :laugh2:

Get sliced and diced, you wicked, wicked boy. :yup:

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aww sit son. In for sure!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in to watch you slim! :D
well well well guess who subbing in on this one.
Very nice Chris. In to see you get your goals on the Wyked.
subbed.......lookin forward to seein how u progress and glad you are subbed to mine as well LETS GET IT !
In for the updates.
Im down to see you get down to 6% bodyfat...LETS DO THIS!!
Always epic and detailed, Chris :)

~Rosie~
I'll be following closely. Your diet is interesting. Looking forward to seeing more details on it & how ripped up you get with Wyked!!
Subbed.
Get your rip on, brother Kleen!!

When I first saw this product, I was like why do that call it wiked?
Then I realized they meant wicked. LMAO :laugh2:

Get sliced and diced, you wicked, wicked boy. :yup:
Aww sit son. In for sure!!!!!
Ok is this a preworkout drink or something more...
Thanks for coming everyone. Should be a fun ride. Doug, this has some DAA in it but not sure how much. If me referring to it aiding in me getting ripped. I know the thermic effect some of the ingredients have on me and since I have cut back on stims this will be my source of stims. I will also be taking recreate or maybe some Shift but big stims other than pre workouts are kind of out for me. I am a big fan of the forslean. Which is how continue to end up back with recreate.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for coming everyone. Should be a fun ride. Doug, this has some DAA in it but not sure how much. If me referring to it aiding in me getting ripped. I know the thermic effect some of the ingredients have on me and since I have cut back on stims this will be my source of stims. I will also be taking recreate or maybe some Shift but big stims other than pre workouts are kind of out for me. I am a big fan of the forslean. Which is how continue to end up back with recreate.
I here that I am stimmed out.. a week clean now and will stay that way till I get into my prep. I am thinking maybe DCP and maybe some other non-stim fat burner.. and yah save the stim for when I really need it so my resistance is nice and low.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1st Impressions... Upper Body lift 4-30-11

I took 1.5 scoops as it always seems to be my money spot for anything that says 1-3 scoops. The energy started kicking in within 15 minutes. I found myself walking fast around the house, and really trying to expedite getting to the gym. :)

I put my stuff up walked upstairs to do the elliptical machine to warm up and BAM! It kicked in I felt a rush of energy as soon as I got my blood flowing and it was on.

Keep in mind when looking at the weights I am lifting that I just had surgery less than 5 months ago.

I found myself concentrating more on slowing it down a little and really feeling the contraction. So I didn't go up on weight in some of the lifts and some are new replacing others. However it was a very good workout and I was satisfied that I worked hard but stopped where I needed to to stay safe via having a set and enforced maximum effort level.

Reps 12 tempo 2-1-2

Bench - 115, 165, 170, 165x10
Hammer Strength High Rows weights per side - 45, 65, 70, 70
Standing Shoulder Press 65. 100, 105x9
EZ Bar Curls 65
Dips BW+25 x12
Rear Delt Fly 80, 90

I have to admit got a killer pump today and I was definitely focused. I had a nice controlled aggression with the weights. I didn't really notice the BA tingles but this is just the first time and I am already pretty efficient at processing it so I don't get that as easily. So far I am a fan, my first impression is definitely a good one. I took it around 10:30 and I still have energy at 3:30, no other stimulants.

I am in the middle of carbing up and will soak tonight then take some pics more than likely sometime in the morning.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see other members using IF. It's the only way to eat! :p
I just started it a while back myself, and I am enjoying IF so much that I don't know if or when I will go to a a normal diet ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I took 1.5 scoops as it always seems to be my money spot for anything that says 1-3 scoops. The energy started kicking in within 15 minutes. I found myself walking fast around the house, and really trying to expedite getting to the gym. :)

I put my stuff up walked upstairs to do the elliptical machine to warm up and BAM! It kicked in I felt a rush of energy as soon as I got my blood flowing and it was on.

Keep in mind when looking at the weights I am lifting that I just had surgery less than 5 months ago.

I found myself concentrating more on slowing it down a little and really feeling the contraction. So I didn't go up on weight in some of the lifts and some are new replacing others. However it was a very good workout and I was satisfied that I worked hard but stopped where I needed to to stay safe via having a set and enforced maximum effort level.

Reps 12 tempo 2-1-2

EZ Bar Curls 65
Dips BW+25 x12
Rear Delt Fly 80, 90

I have to admit got a killer pump today and I was definitely focused. I had a nice controlled aggression with the weights. I didn't really notice the BA tingles but this is just the first time and I am already pretty efficient at processing it so I don't get that as easily. So far I am a fan, my first impression is definitely a good one. I took it around 10:30 and I still have energy at 3:30, no other stimulants.

I am in the middle of carbing up and will soak tonight then take some pics more than likely sometime in the morning.
i notice i don't get ba tingles the way i used to. i have noticed almost the identical reaction as you to the wyked-your endurance should be improving soon.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Reps 12 tempo 2-1-2

EZ Bar Curls 65
Dips BW+25 x12
Rear Delt Fly 80, 90

Awesome notes Kleen!

I wonder if the fasting will exemplify the effects from the stimulants any? :think:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking forward to them pics Kleen!! :thumbsup:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Are you a big stim user Kleen?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUB'd

I'm in it wit Ya Bro, "You Lead... I will Follow!"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome notes Kleen!

I wonder if the fasting will exemplify the effects from the stimulants any? :think:
Could be but I tend to feel my stims pretty well.
looking forward to them pics Kleen!! :thumbsup:
Me too!

Subbed!
Are you a big stim user Kleen?
No not really I used to like them but not too much anymore.
SUB'd

I'm in it wit Ya Bro, "You Lead... I will Follow!"
On the way Sir!
Let's see those pics!
Well unfortunately I didn't take the pics. We ended up going out Saturday night wince we did not have the kids so I had some drinks and a big dinner. Never did the tup then woke up kind of late for the concert and didn't have time for pics. Well I drank yard ritas all day yesterday so no way I am taking a picture of this bloated bastard right now. So I will have to you owe you some this weekend.

As far as my test I definitely did lean out some but not sure how much I would have leaned out with a less drastic approach like a few small snacks, just one large meal around 5-6 pm kind of like the warrior diet. . I think I will use this method when trying to clean up instead of fasting next time to get an idea of how it works for me. The all day fasting was not too bad but it was not exactly convenient either. So an abbreviated eating window, or just eating about half the calories in the same window will be the way I do it going forward. Lets expect some pics this weekend. Sorry about that guys. If some of the water is off me tomorrow I will just snap a few post workout tomorrow.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How was the concert bro? It sounded like a good time when you said who all was playing...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was pretty good but honestly if the next line up is not stellar I will save the money for another concert. Maybe a trip to Austin City Limits is in order next!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice to see other members using IF. It's the only way to eat! :p
IF is the way to go for me at least. I love the Lean Gains protocal and did a little ADF last week.. I think I need a little longer on the Lean Gains before the ADF doesn't feel like such a big leap. Baby Steps....

I here that I am stimmed out.. a week clean now and will stay that way till I get into my prep. I am thinking maybe DCP and maybe some other non-stim fat burner.. and yah save the stim for when I really need it so my resistance is nice and low.
Sounds like a good plan to me.
I just started it a while back myself, and I am enjoying IF so much that I don't know if or when I will go to a a normal diet ;)
Very freeing and a VERY easy lifestyle diet. Gradually leaning out only requires reactive eating if going on instinct and estimations. It is so easy to correct a day of massive overeating or under eating...

i notice i don't get ba tingles the way i used to. i have noticed almost the identical reaction as you to the wyked-your endurance should be improving soon.
No your body gradually learns how to process the extra beta alanine and then the excess nerve stimulation does not occur but really that means your body is more efficient at the process not that you need to increase your BA intake.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Damnit!!! Missed role call, sorry, slept in.

Def in for the ride Kleen. Can't WAIT!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IF is the way to go for me at least. I love the Lean Gains protocal and did a little ADF last week.. I think I need a little longer on the Lean Gains before the ADF doesn't feel like such a big leap. Baby Steps....
I have a theory, it works well for you cuz you're a Caveman... let me explain... cavemen will respond better to fasting and gorging because that is the way they were forced to live for thousands of years. Some people have retained more of these traits than others. I do believe you can adapt this protocol for anybody but it's much easier for us Cavemen!! I mean it fits me like a glove. As soon as you started talking controlled fasting you got my attention... I believe if I had adopted this plan earlier I would have transformed more than I did. That's about to be proved in my new log I believe.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed...Your results are always amazing!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a theory, it works well for you cuz you're a Caveman... let me explain... cavemen will respond better to fasting and gorging because that is the way they were forced to live for thousands of years. Some people have retained more of these traits than others. I do believe you can adapt this protocol for anybody but it's much easier for us Cavemen!! I mean it fits me like a glove. As soon as you started talking controlled fasting you got my attention... I believe if I had adopted this plan earlier I would have transformed more than I did. That's about to be proved in my new log I believe.
I really need to do more research on all this controlled fasting stuff, it such a foreign concept to how I have always dieted in the past, here for education!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
why are you fasting?
It is my new nutritional lifestyle. I fast for 16 hours out of the 24 a day and eat for 8. It allows my much more freedom in my diet and thus far has been a superior diet both mentally and physically for me. It addresses insulin sensitiivty, leptin response and my need for craving type of foods.
'cuz it's better than that there slowin' ...........
:yup:
AMEN!!!!!!

I agree completely. Right down to the longer arms Sir! I definitely agree that I am a bit more primal than a lot of men I know too. I have never found anything as easy as this protocal is on me.

subbed...Your results are always amazing!
Thanks Jason glad you are here!

I really need to do more research on all this controlled fasting stuff, it such a foreign concept to how I have always dieted in the past, here for education!!!
Definitely, go to www.leangains.com. Read the Lean Gains Guide there to get yourself started. Also read the 10 dieting myths or 10 fasting myths. I forgot which one it says but very good reading. This even works as a lifestyle diet which is what I have broken it down into. I make adjustments on the fly without counting too many cals. Working really well for me right now. Have started focusing on more of a cut than recomp. I have moved a couple directions with it within 3 months and respond so quickly in all directions it is pretty awesome. I have decided the best way is a pretty low day on cardio days and higher on lift days so I am doing 1500-2000, on cardio and 2700-3200 on lift days. Just kind of estimating my food. Once I need to start counting to drop farther I will but for not the estimations seem to be working and I am really enjoying my freedom.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice Leg Pump! Legs 5-3-11

Well I did my Leg presses this morning. I woke up none to happy about being up but it was time for a workout. I take 1.5 scoops of WYKED and go about getting ready for the gym. I walk in the gym door about 20 minutes later. Do my 5 minutes on the ellipticle and am ready for war by the time I get to the leg press machine. I moved to 12 reps today on this but didn't want to make a huge jump in weight so my second set was 90 lbs heavier than last week basically making it into a ligh work set instead of another warm up set.

12 reps, 2-1-2 tempo
Leg Press - 4p, 12 p, 12p+50, 12p+70

Calve Press 210x15, 240x15

My quads were extremely full of blood when these were done, and my adductors were touching halfway down my legs. Tempo felt great I am loving the new controlled pace.

Tonight will be trap bar dead lifts and ab work.

So far Pump, Energy and Focus have been excellent on WYKED. I could have easily kept on working legs if it was not for needing to be home to do so. Tonight will be another fun lift however I will use my AS-GT I don't know that I could fall asleep after a dose of WYKED at 6:00 PM. Seems a bit strong for that.

Oh yes for anyone interested in learning more about Lean Gains check here I made a resource thread for all of us to discuss our findings and what not. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Al! Did you get those ebooks I sent by the way?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Al! Did you get those ebooks I sent by the way?
I did, and unfortunately for me, I have not had time to look at them! Between 40hrs a week at work, part-time Nursing school, a wife and a little crumb cruncher, I'm a pretty busy guy, LoL! Again... U da Man, thank you so much, I will definitely look at them very soon, just finished with finals and I have a whole 10 days off til Summer-Semester begins, besides I'll cheat a little while at work and read a few pages here and there when I can, Hehehe (sinister laugh)!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good just wanted to make sure they made it. That one being so big and all.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trap Bar Deads 285x20 5-3-11

As you all know I do my Trap Bar Deads in my garage. I made a platform out of some 1 inch thick flat roof insulation, a 1/2 inch roofing deck and some left over underfloor I have left from having the laminante put in. It has just enough give to keep the joints from killing me but has plenty of stability and the amount of noise from the weight going down on that instead of concrete is awesome! I also have the same set up for where I do my squats now.

Last night I hit my 285x20 on Trap Bar Deads without using my versa grips! That sh!t was digging in and hurt something special but it felt so fuggin primal to just keep holding on when my pain threshhold was telling me to let go. The knurl on that bar is still very fresh too. When I finished the set I yelled out... THAT'S HOW YOU MAN THE FUG UP!!!

It felt nice to push my grip like that. I wan't to see how far I can make it up the weight ladder before my grip gives again. My forearms are already good size this is gonna make em ridiculous.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you all know I do my Trap Bar Deads in my garage. I made a platform out of some 1 inch thick flat roof insulation, a 1/2 inch roofing deck and some left over underfloor I have left from having the laminante put in. It has just enough give to keep the joints from killing me but has plenty of stability and the amount of noise from the weight going down on that instead of concrete is awesome! I also have the same set up for where I do my squats now.

Last night I hit my 285x20 on Trap Bar Deads without using my versa grips! That sh!t was digging in and hurt something special but it felt so fuggin primal to just keep holding on when my pain threshhold was telling me to let go. The knurl on that bar is still very fresh too. When I finished the set I yelled out... THAT'S HOW YOU MAN THE FUG UP!!!

It felt nice to push my grip like that. I wan't to see how far I can make it up the weight ladder before my grip gives again. My forearms are already good size this is gonna make em ridiculous.
Are you using chalk... that will add 20-30 lbs right there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you using chalk... that will add 20-30 lbs right there.
I am using a pitcher's rosin bag. Basically the same thing regarding what it does for the grip. Dries it out so you can really cling to the bar. I can get away with using this at the gym where chalk is banned so it is what I just started using. Right now it is conditioning the skin more so than the grip. I didn't feel my grip was going to fail but wasn't sure my skin was going to remain attached to my hand either. As the skin toughens up in that area I will really see where my grip can take me.