• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First in! :newangel:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So I just took my 1st pill of anabeta! Here's what my meals typically look like on a lifting day...(all macros listed in parentheses, try to take this all from label memorization....so it's probably not exact, but close)

meal 1: Protein Shake w/coconut oil and mac nut oil (46g pro/2g carb/16g fat)

meal 2: 1 can tuna, 1 tilapia loin, 1 cup oats w/cinnamon, asparagus (63g pro/50g carb/10g fat)

meal 3: 2 chicken breasts, handful of raw almonds, $hitload of broccoli (50g pro/5g carb/12g fat)

meal 4: (preworkout) usually a shake that consists of 40g whey pro and 40-60g carbs depending on muscle groups being work. Probably 2g fat or less in this shake.

meal 5: (PWO) Thinking this might just be a cup of oats with some whey (53g pro/50g C/10g f)

meal 6: egg white omlette with a bit of cheese and a piece of ahi tuna, mahi mahi, salmon burger, or whey shake (more or less depends on my mood, try to rotate it around but they are all very similar so the macros don't change a whole lot). (50g pro/0g carb/5g fat)

Only thing that changes on a non lifting day would be my pre and post workout meals. Saturday is usually structured differently depending on life and how much I sleep in :) (sometimes I am a bouncer on friday nights so friday can be a 6am-2am day for me)

I eat clean like this mon-sat

Sunday is my cheat day. No rhyme or reason. Just eat what I want, when I want, and how I want. Then back to business as usual on monday.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Training Split:
Mon - Shoulder/Traps
Tue - Off
Wed - Legs/Abs/forearms
Thurs - off
Fri - Back/Bi
Sat - Chest/Tri

Sets per exercise are looking like this: 20, 15, 12, 8, 6 (might start throwing in a set of 4 here in the next week or so).

Cardio Schedule:
Monday - 30 min HIIT PWO
Tue - 1 hour LISS after work
Wed - off
Thurs - 1 hour LISS after work
Friday - 30 min HIIT upon waking
Sat - 30 min stairclimber PWO
Sun - All out run...usually 4-5 miles with 10-15 mins of incline walking as cool down

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
In! Another back to back log going on. This stuff is looking great. Have fun with it!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
In! Another back to back log going on. This stuff is looking great. Have fun with it!
Actually this is my 3rd consecutive log :bigok:

But I think i'm going to turn things up a notch in this log. I've taken a backwater approach to my last few logs just because I feel like it allows for a better review. It's easy to sift through things and find what you're looking for.

So it'll be more of that...but with just more detail. Maybe i'll post up some workouts. Time to show AM how to KTS ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to watch this, bud. Gotta earn your pumpkins this year! :lmao:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
In to watch this, bud. Gotta earn your pumpkins this year! :lmao:
Haha! True that!

I'm gonna have the girl take some pics tonight or tomorrow and then again at the end of the bottle.

These lower body shots are from a week ago. Sorry about quality. Took them on my iPhone and had to scale them down.

Attachments

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have some fun bubba! Some solid effort put in on those legs too.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Day 2....not much to report except that I noticed I was very thirsty during my lift last night and was drinking extra water today. Crushed shoulders/traps and 30 mins of HIIT and did 60 mins of LISS this evening

Still haven't gotten any upper body pics taken yet (won't see the gf until tomorrow)...but when I do I'll probably hold off on those till the end of the log

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Last nights numbers, wasn't going to post them but decided to anyways, going to add a 6th set of 4 reps next week

Shoulders/Traps:

Lateral Raises - 25x20, 25x15, 30x12, 35x8, 40x6
DB Shrug - 85x20, x15, 95x12, x8, 100x6
DB Press - 45x20, x15, 55x12, 60x8, 65x6
BB Shrug - 145x20, 185x15, 225x12, 275x8, x6
Reverse Pec - 105x20, 120x15, x12, 135x8, x6

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Just crushed legs.....

bolded sets are increases over last week
italicized sets are decreases over last week

Front Squats - 135x20, 140x14, 185x10, 190x8, 205x6

Leg Press - 2pps x20, 2pps x15, 3pps x12, 4pps x8, 5pps x6 (light for me, gonna step this up a little next week. Rep cadence was slow though, had a nice pump)

Seated Leg Curl - 80x20, 90x15, 100x12, 110x8, 110x6

1 Leg Extensions - 75x20, x20, 90x12, x8, 105x6

Lying Leg Curl - 80x20, 90x15, 100x12, 110x8, x6

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
very solid lifts here.
Thanks man. Definitely going to pick it up a notch next week by adding a 6th set of 4 reps to all my exercises and pump up the weights a little bit

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I've read in the other logs, bumping things up should not be a problem with AnaBeta!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read in the other logs, bumping things up should not be a problem with AnaBeta!
Well it's my training philosophy to always beat the log book and use periodization to meet strength goals. If things start to dry up after 6-8 weeks, i'll do a deload week and then change my exercises up the week following the deload. But yeah, with Anabeta at the helm should be much easier :)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a solid plan
Yeah should be!

So far from anabeta I've noticed a slight increase in body temp and this morning I woke up super hungry.

Last night I did 30 mins of HIIT and woke up and did another 30 mins of HIIT on an empty stomach

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like anabeta!

See if you notice any type of increase in endurance on the HIIT days

Empty stomach HIIT sounds like a great way to drop fat

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like anabeta!

See if you notice any type of increase in endurance on the HIIT days

Empty stomach HIIT sounds like a great way to drop fat
Well considering I did back to back HIIT sessions (5:30pm, then 6:15 am) I'd say there is a definite improvement. I only do two AM cardio sessions a week. Once on friday and once on sunday. I was doing on monday but it was LISS so I phased that out and switched it to PWO HIIT. Monday's lifting is generally pretty easy for me (shoulders/traps) so I like having the added activity after my workout. No matter how hard I crush my shoulders/traps I always feel like I have some left in the tank so I crush the HIIT too.

Now I know some ppl might b!tch about how I do HIIT or say it's "not real HIIT". I don't care. It owns me. Here's how I structure it.

incline walk for a few mins to loosen things up...

60 sec @ 7.0, 60 sec @ 3.5
60 sec @ 7.5, 60 sec @ 3.5
60 sec @ 8.0, 60 sec @ 3.5
60 sec @ 8.5, 60 sec @ 3.5
60 sec @ 9.0, 90 sec @ 3.5
60 sec @ 9.5, 90 sec @ 3.5
30-45 sec @ 10.0, 90 sec @ 3.5
30-45 sec @ 10.5, 90 sec @ 3.5

and I'll just keep that last interval until I can't do it any longer, run out of time due to constraints, etc. Sometimes I'll work my way back down that scale too.

I like to approach my cardio just like lifting weights. I like to ease into the intensity and warm up. Pyramid up and then pyramid down to cool off.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to approach my cardio just like lifting weights. I like to ease into the intensity and warm up. Pyramid up and then pyramid down to cool off.
I don't do it with my resistance training, but if you're going to do HIIT, then a "warm-up" should be essential, and a "cool-down" is always beneficial.

~Rosie~

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I don't do it with my resistance training, but if you're going to do HIIT, then a "warm-up" should be essential, and a "cool-down" is always beneficial.

~Rosie~
well I guess I was more eluding to the fact that if i'm going to try to bench 315 on my first exercise, I don't put three 45's on each side and try to put that up. I get a few sets in me and then hit it (no pun intended :D ). Same approach with cardio.

we all know you're a beast Rosie...you don't need to make us all feel smaller because you don't have to warm up on teh weightz :p

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well I guess I was more eluding to the fact that if i'm going to try to bench 315 on my first exercise, I don't put three 45's on each side and try to put that up. I get a few sets in me and then hit it (no pun intended :D ). Same approach with cardio.

we all know you're a beast Rosie...you don't need to make us all feel smaller because you don't have to warm up on teh weightz :p
LOL I understand what you meant :rasp: I don't think any of you would feel "small" if you trained with me - I don't lift as heavy as I used to these days :sigh: Instead, I've been cutting my recovery times down to a minimum, since my body requires more "endurance" training to function best at the moment :ponder:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
LOL I understand what you meant :rasp: I don't think any of you would feel "small" if you trained with me - I don't lift as heavy as I used to these days :sigh: Instead, I've been cutting my recovery times down to a minimum, since my body requires more "endurance" training to function best at the moment :ponder:
Haha. Got it! Whatever is clever and works best for you ;)

Tonight's Back/Bi Workout:

Bold are improvements over last week, italics are decreases over last week

Deadlift: 145x20, 195x14, 215x12, 235x8, 285x6

EZ Bar Close Grip Curls: 60x20, x14, 70x10, x8, x6

Lat Pulldown: L9x20, x15, L10x12, L11x8, L11x6

Hammer Curls: 35x20, 40x15, 45x12, 50x8, 55x6

DB Row: 55x20, 65x15, x12, 70x8, 75x6

Seated Row:L8x20, L9x14, L10x11, L11x8, L11x6

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice lifts man
Thanks! They are only gonna get better...

Yesterday I lifted chest/tri and did some cardio on the starmill...just no time to get the numbers up. It's been a busy weekend for me to say the least. Will return to regular schedule of posting tomorrow!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Today's lift...shoulders/traps. Bolded are increases, no decreases

Lateral Raises - 20x25, 30x15, 35x12, 40x8, 45x6, 45x4

DB Shrugs - 95x20, x15, x12, 100x8, x6, 110x4

DB Shoulder Press - 50x20, x15, 60x12, 65x8, 70x6, 70x4

BB Shrugs - 155x20, 195x15, 235x12, 275x8, 295x6, 315x4

Seated Bent Over Laterals - 25x20, x15, 30x12, 35x8, x6, x4 (can't judge increase as I didn't do this last week...gym was packed so forced to do something else for rears)

So week 1 is up....only thing I've noticed so far is increased appetite and slightly higher body temp

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soundin good. The other effects seem to trickle in around week 2. Feed that hunger with some good cals!

What is your dosing like exactly?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Soundin good. The other effects seem to trickle in around week 2. Feed that hunger with some good cals!

What is your dosing like exactly?
On lifting days I take it with meal 2, meal 3, pre workout meal, and post workout meal

On off days I take it with meals 1, 2, 3, and 5

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
still dosing at 4 a day...will probably bump it up and the end of week 2

Still hungry and slightly warm

As per usual - Bold = increase, italics = decrease

Front Squats - 145x20, x15, 185x12, 195x8, 205x5, x4

Leg Press - 3p x20, x15, 4p x12, 5p x8, 6p x6, x4

Seated Leg Curl - 85x20, 95x15, 105x12, 115x8, 115x6, 120x4

Lying Leg Curl - 90x20, 100x13, 110x12, x8, x6, 120x4

1 Leg Extensions - 75x20, 90x15, x12, 95x8, 110x8, x6 (forgot to throw in the set of four)

Various Abs + Forearm exercise...don't ever write em down...just crush it and be done with them...always weighted for both

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of INcreases going on there :thumbsup:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Lots of INcreases going on there :thumbsup:
Thanks Rosie!

It's all about progression and beating the log book! I'm sure these numbers will start to stall at some point. That's usually when I incorporate a deload week or switch up my exercises and start over again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie!

It's all about progression and beating the log book! I'm sure these numbers will start to stall at some point. That's usually when I incorporate a deload week or switch up my exercises and start over again.
Progression, yes, albeit not necessarily beating the log book, since not every session is going to be the same every week, but I know what you mean. When you start to plateau or stall, either deload, yes, or change things up with either nutrition or training.

~Rosie~

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So after my cardio session tonight I decided to go out and treat my girlfriend and I to a dinner at Tandoori Nights - an Indian Food chain restaurant.

We were celebrating my acceptance of a new job. In the last 24 hours I interviewed for a position, received an offer, gave a counter-offer, had my counter-offer approved, and accepted the position. Extra 20k and my 40min commute on the subway has now turned into a walk just a few blocks from my apt. Pretty sweet.

Been working on the job hunt for about 6 months now...so definitely worth celebrating.

Gonna do some HIIT in the morning and crush it.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Another solid session in the books!

Deadlift - 155x20, 205x15, 225x12, 245x8, 295x6, 305x4

EZ Bar Close Grip Curl - 60x20, 70x15, x12, x8, 80x8, x4

Lat Pulldown - L9x20, L10x15, L11x12, x8, L12x6, x4

Hammer Curls - 35x20, 40x15, 45x12, 55x8, 60x6, x4

DB Row - 60x20, 65x15, 70x12, 75x8 80x6, x4

Seated Row - L9x13, L10x12, L11x10, x8, L12x6, x4*

*Reps really weren't where I wanted them to be on the seated row, but I still feel overall I killed the workout. Next week I will keep the weights currently listed on the seated row and go for beating those reps.

**Noticed that my main worm in my right bicep is starting to branch off into smaller ones when it's pumped. Good Stuff!