Protein Balls - NTBM Better Protein Bars reviewed

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
This is my review of Better Protein Bars by NeedtobuildMuscle. Big thanks to NTBM for sending a bag of that to me, and BarbellBeast for choosing me. The flavor I got was Sour Apple.

I won't go much into the profile since you can easily see it in the links - 26gm whey protein, omegas, some fiber and sugar depending on how much you actually add to the building of your bar.

I used the same recipe with very minor changes. The pictures are self explanatory to what i did..

Better Protein Bars

or

Need To Build Muscle Better Protein Bars

The basic ingredients to the puzzle - BPB mix, honey, peanut butter...i also added sunflower seeds. I only used half the mix since i have something in mind for the rest.

Measuring is for noobs so i just winged it in terms of how much mix, how much peanut butter, and how much honey. Also added some water to get it going. It took some work to get it all mixed but nothing too laborious.

I've seen how others do it...mix, flatten, peel, cut, blah-blah...ugh! Too much work! I decided to just make balls outta them, kinda like truffle balls. Then i coated them in powdered sugar and placed them in the fridge. Once chilled, they were lovely, passed them around, everyone loved it.

By the way, i bet they woulda been just as wonderful if i had rolled them in cocoa instead, or maybe toasted coconut flakes...hmmmm. I'd say my sour apple taste didn't come through very much but it was very high quality. No bad aftertaste and no weirdness whatsoever. I mean it was really sour apple, candy worth. High quality flavoring for sure.

Cleanup was not too bad though some product did stick to the sides of my stainless steel bowl so there's some wastage. My puppy is thankful for that though.

Work: 7/10
Taste: 8.5/10

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the great review man...and with pics!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice review.

I might have to try mixing them up like that, next time!

If you haven't used the rest of your sour apple, yet, you could try dipping them in Cool Whip, too. I did that and it was amazing!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the idea... Liked making them this way. :food:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice review.

I might have to try mixing them up like that, next time!

If you haven't used the rest of your sour apple, yet, you could try dipping them in Cool Whip, too. I did that and it was amazing!
I like that idea. I might steal that....sounds good! :bigok:

mathew34

Awards
thanks for the review man, sour apple is sick!! its extremely great taste... my favorite... nam nam nam... uhhhmmmmmmmmmm... yummmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This was a really clever idea, and it looks like it works pretty well. I'm going to have to try this...

Thanks!

mathew34

Awards
This was a really clever idea, and it looks like it works pretty well. I'm going to have to try this...

Thanks!
you must try this, i try this last month, i tell you man its very delicious.. i love it! thanks for sharing this idea... :)