Attack log: Quest for fearsome pumps!
- 04-30-2011, 10:07 AM
- 04-30-2011, 10:49 AM
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM
04-30-2011, 07:34 PM
05-01-2011, 09:18 AM
- Wide grip chin-ups: 8xBW, 3x25lbs, 2x50lbs, 1x70lbs, 1x95lbs, 0x115lbs (close grip), 12x25lbs (wide grip again)
- Lateral raises
- Close grip bench press: 5x150lbs, 0x205lbs, 2x155lbs
- Dumbbel bench press: 22x50's (personal best)
- Military press: 4 sets, didn't go above 100lbs
- Supersets to arms: 8 sets of ez-bar scott curls and 8 sets of cable pushdowns. Heaviest sets at scott curls were 6x70lbs, 3x75lbs and 15x50lbs (every set was a personal best). Heaviest sets at cable pushdowns were 6x135lbs, 5x145lbs (personal best), 20x110lbs (personal best)
Awesome workout even though I failed at 115lbs chin-up and my triceps were very weak again. Pump was out of this world. My arms were swollen.
I need a massage. I was about to take a pic of my back but I can't spread my lats like I used to. My back is very jammed right now...
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
05-02-2011, 10:33 PM
05-02-2011, 11:45 PM
05-03-2011, 05:24 AM
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
- Superset: seated calf raises & dumbbel lunges
7 sets of each exercise (8-15 reps)
Good workout, pump was awesome again I was very tired after work but I'm still satisfied. I'm starting to like doing squats, I haven't done much of them so weights are increasing very fast
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Next time I'll probably do less squats (I will start at 5x235 and if I can do it, I'll add 5lbs and do another set of 5 and so on) and 2 long sets (+15 rep) of dumbbel lunges + many sets to calves...-
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I've also been taking Need2Sleep for two days now. At 1 cap it didn't do much but last night I took 2 caps and it gave me really good sleep I haven't been very tired today though yesterday and Monday I was like coma patient. Hopefully it works tonight too... I took 180mg of caffeine and 25mg of 1,3-dimethylamylamine before workout and after 2 weeks break it gave me so much energy that I will really need N2Sleep today
05-05-2011, 10:04 AM
- Chin-ups: 8xBW, 12x25lbs
- Lateral raises
- Close-grip bench press 4x155lbs
- Dumbbel bench press 20x55's (personal best)
- Bent-over row 5x210lbs (personal best), 15x165lbs (personal best)
- Many sets of military press
- Supersets to arms, best sets were 6x75lbs at EZ-bar scott curl and 7x145lbs & 20x125lbs at cable pushdown (everyone of those are my personal bests)
I went to gym immediately after coming home from work. Bad idea, I was very hungry there (almost 3 hours since my last meal). But pump was awesome, maybe the best one so far, especially in my chest and arms! Biceps were already swollen after those chin-ups sets
Strength wasn't very good, especially at my back and biceps.
Close-grip bench felt really easy but then I got that weird feeling at my chest, similar to what I feel when I'm trying to do weighed dips. Maybe I will stop doing close-grip bench and start doing dumbbel bench with bigger weights.
Tomorrow I will go to Lapland with my friends so I won't train until Sunday or Monday..
05-10-2011, 05:23 AM
5 sets of 6 to 10 reps, went up to 275lbs. After that I failed at 420lbs. Pathetic, I can't remember the last time when I was so weak.
If you want to get stronger, I recommend you not to go to Lapland with your friends
05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
05-11-2011, 01:15 AM
05-12-2011, 05:44 AM
- Squats: 5x235lbs, 4x235lbs
- Dumbbel lunges: 15x25's
- Seated calf raises
I got solid pump in my legs but other than that, I sucked today... I think I will be sick soon. Motivation was zero. Iron was heavy and I'm not happy with the form. Hopefully this gets better soon...
05-13-2011, 02:27 AM
We all get days like that man. Just have to regroup and try to kill it next time...
Recoverbro Elite"This is what we've been working on"
05-15-2011, 09:44 AM
- Wide grip chin-ups: 8xBW, 14x25lbs (personal best!)
- Lateral raises
- Dumbbel bench press: 14x60's
- Supersets to arms (scott curl & cable pushdown), heaviest sets at scott curls were 5x80lbs, 15x60lbs and 20x40lbs (all of them were personal bests)... heaviest sets at cable pushdowns were 7x145lbs, 17x110lbs & 25x90lbs (personal best)
Awesome workout. Pump was phenomenal! I did more sets to arms just because the pump was so good!
Strength was ok too, especially in upper back and delts.
My rotator cuffs pained me again because I played some football yesterday..
EDIT: Seems to be really long lasting pump this time!
05-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Squats. 10 sets of 5 to 15 reps. Didn't go over 220lbs.
Very good pump. Those 15 rep sets really made my legs burn. Strength was there too. Form was more beautiful than ever before
05-19-2011, 11:52 PM
05-20-2011, 11:38 AM
05-20-2011, 07:30 PM
No doubt bud. Squats are king of them all. Along with deads. I like a wider stance for squats with toes slightly pointed out and like you the bar across my lower traps... You don't wanna be the guy with the damn BB on his friggin neck lol. Not good. I also just break parallel. I don't notice too much benefit personally by going ATG.
05-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
- By SouthernCharm in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 83Last Post: 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM
- By Kingston pt in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2009, 10:55 PM
- By engival in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:33 AM