Attack log: Quest for fearsome pumps!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First I want to say thank you, Need To Build Muscle team, for giving me an opportunity to try Attack. Most company promotions are U.S. only but NTBM guys were generous enough to send the bottle of Attack to Finland. I've never tried any NTBM products but I've read lot of good things about them. This will be interesting.

Me, myself & I

I think you all don't know who I am so I'm gonna tell you something about myself. I'm a guy from Finland... I've been training for almost three years. I started at extremely skinny 110lbs and have gained many pounds of muscle since those days but I'm not anywhere near to being a mass monster yet. Right now I'm standing at about 160lbs. I am natural and will be for some more time... I think it's best to get closer to your "peak" naturally and it feels like there is still so many pounds of muscle just waiting for me to gain them by training hard and eating big.

Diet
I'm a hardgainer and I have to eat BIG if I want to gain any weight. My job is quite heavy so it effects too. But right now I'm taking +4000kcal/day (at least 200grams of protein) and trying to eat even more because my weight doesn't seem to increase.

Supplements I'm using right now
- Basics like whey, carbs, vitamins, minerals etc... And Redefine Nutrition's preworkout formula N.O. Ignite before hitting the gym... But not any specific pump products. I'm gonna start taking Anabolic Designs Ravenous (appetite stimulator) and some nutrient partitioners soon and I will write a log of them too. Right now I'm on Natadrol but I'll finish the cycle soon and start PCT (Redefine Nutrition Pure Test and LG Sciences Formadrol Extreme).

Training
4 days a week, split is upper/lower body 3x/week and one workout for just deadlifts. High intensity and low volume is the thing... But my arms are lacking and doesn't seem to grow with low volume so I'm punishing them with higher volume :evil: So arm days should be awesome if Attack works!

Previous reviews/logs
I've done several reviews of different supplements and some of you might've read them already. Here is few links if you want to check them out:
Many different mini reviews (preworkout formulas etc)
Natadrol review
AMS Pump Fixx review

Enough about me, let's talk about Attack!

So, for those of you who don't know what Attack is and what it contains, here is little information:

Have you been looking for a supplement that will give you the raw strength to attack your work outs like never before? Are you ready to add massive fire power to your every work out?
Your wait is finally over! NTBM.COM is proud to introduce the most powerful ammunition you will ever load into your guns. Attack!!!!

Attack. A powerful Nitric Oxide booster That gives you skin bursting mind blowing pumps. Load up your muscles with Attack,**** back and blast A hole through your goals and expectation.

Supplement facts
30 servings per bottle
3 caps per serving
A-AKG(arginine alpha-Ketogularate) 2985mg
A-KIC (arginine Ketoisocaproate) 15mg
OKG (ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate) 75mg
GKG (glutamine alpha-ketoglutarate) 75mg

A-AKG is the only ingredient that I'm already familiar with so this will be interesting indeed!

Label says that I should take three tablets twice daily. I'm gonna follow that instruction if any NTBM rep doesn't have better suggestions..?

I will start taking this tomorrow (time to train upper body) so stay tuned!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only take it pre workout. That will it will last you a full 30 days.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only take it pre workout. That will it will last you a full 30 days.
I thought about that too. Is there actually any extra benefit at taking it every day? And if I decide to take it only pre workout, do you recommend to take 3 or all 6 caps?

And how long should I wait after meal before taking those caps? 1-1,5 hours like I usually do with preworkout powders?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ordered a bottle of NTBM Need2Sleep so I'll write something about it to this thread too... Or maybe create a separate thread for non-sponsored review.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to the log. Best of luck!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought about that too. Is there actually any extra benefit at taking it every day? And if I decide to take it only pre workout, do you recommend to take 3 or all 6 caps?

And how long should I wait after meal before taking those caps? 1-1,5 hours like I usually do with preworkout powders?
Personally I would just use this as a pre-workout. 3 caps pre workout will be plenty. Wait around 90mins after your pre workout meal.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the ride!

I agree with Barbell's suggestions so far. I never use products like this on non-workout days.

And you'll enjoy the Need2Sleep. It's a solid little product :)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for this!! Might have to pick up a bottle of this at the end of the workout

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took 3 caps before hitting the gym today. Here is my workout, warm-up sets aren't listed:

- Weighed close-grip chin-ups: 2x2x80lbs, 12x25lbs
- Lateral raises
- Close-grip bench press: 0x210lbs
- Dumbbel bench press: 23 reps with 45's (easy)
- Bent-over row: 8x190lbs (personal best), 15x145lbs
- Military press: 5x100lbs
- Many supersets to arms: heaviest sets were dumbbel hammer curls 20x45's (personal best) and cable pushdown 15x115lbs (personal best)

I was pretty tired after work before hitting the gym. I got good energy from my preworkout drink though and managed to do pretty good workout but iron felt quite heavy today... I did close-grip bench first time for long time and was surprised how weak I was at it :D I did it because my rotator cuffs have been pain in my ass for some time but close-grip bench doesn't hurt them. I decided to do a long, light set of dumbbel bench after that just to force some blood into my chest :) Light because of those *****n rotator cuffs, that's the reason for why I didn't do heavy sets of military press either.

I haven't done much bent-over rows lately but decided to do them today. Iron felt light at these and next time I will do it with bigger weights. At least 200lbs for that heaviest set.

I got really good pump to my delts after doing lateral raises. It's quite rare for me... I felt it even in my rear delts :)

Pump was awesome in my arms too. It felt like I could do as many reps as I wanted... All sets were long, like 15-30 reps. My arms were full of blood!

What I think of Attack right now?
- Well, I think it works. I've never tried any pump products except pure A-AKG and GlycerGrow and I feel I got better pump with this. But it felt like blood didn't rush into my back like it is supposed to do... Usually my lats are really pumped after few sets of weighed chins but not today. Next time I'll do that longest set without any extra weight so let's see what kind of pump that will be! But arms and delts were really pumped today!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout yo. May the pumps continue! :D

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout yo. May the pumps continue! :D
Hopefully :)

I'm just so disappointed because of my embarrassing performance at close-grip bench. I have so weak triceps... I tried 220lbs months ago, it felt light at chest but my triceps were nowhere near strong enough to lift it :( I am one of those really weak bench pressers! Back and biceps are strong but delts and especially triceps are pathetically weak :S

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully :)

I'm just so disappointed because of my embarrassing performance at close-grip bench. I have so weak triceps... I tried 220lbs months ago, it felt light at chest but my triceps were nowhere near strong enough to lift it :( I am one of those really weak bench pressers! Back and biceps are strong but delts and especially triceps are pathetically weak :S
Work your way into them bro. Do sets of 6 with a weight you can handle. 135*6, 185*6 and so on. They'll catch up quick. Weighted triceps dips are great too.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how did i miss this, kill this log bro!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work your way into them bro. Do sets of 6 with a weight you can handle. 135*6, 185*6 and so on. They'll catch up quick. Weighted triceps dips are great too.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing sets of 5 with light weights and adding few pounds every time. I can't do dips, for some reason it hurts my chest a lot...

At Friday I will do deadlifts. It's time to do lighter workout because I've done so heavy sets lately... Two weeks ago I did 19x300lbs and last week I did 4 sets of 2-6 with 310-375lbs. I don't know if I'm gonna take Attack before it because IMO it's quite disturbing if there is too big pump in my lower back when I'm deadlifting. But on Saturday or Sunday I will train legs and have enormous pumps! Heavy sets of front squats and long sets of leg press etc :)

how did i miss this, kill this log bro!
Subbed for this!! Might have to pick up a bottle of this at the end of the workout
In for the ride!

I agree with Barbell's suggestions so far. I never use products like this on non-workout days.

And you'll enjoy the Need2Sleep. It's a solid little product :)
Welcome!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in bro!! Doing a great job of killing it already. Bring on the sick pumps with some Attack!! :bigok:

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in bro!! Doing a great job of killing it already. Bring on the sick pumps with some Attack!! :bigok:
Glad to have you here :)

I thought I might take some before/after -photos someday when I'm training my back... Because I've been planning that I might do a "special" workout called 100 chin-ups challenge. The idea is to do 100 chin-/pull-ups as fast as possible, no matter if you do them in 1 or 100 sets. I think my back might be quite pumped after that, especially if I take some Attack before it! But I'll continue with weighted chin-ups for few more workouts.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you noticed some pumps! I just started using GlycerGrow in addition to N2KTS a couple weeks ago and do notice an increase, so it's exciting to think about using Attack, now!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you had a solid workout and the pumps were present.....maybe toward the end of the bottle you could do like a dose of 6 just to see what happens :D

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That chin up challenge sounds brutal!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely weighted dips for triceps, great for helping with lagging strength! Nothing quite like them, really good in supersets with biceps too!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely weighted dips for triceps, great for helping with lagging strength! Nothing quite like them, really good in supersets with biceps too!
Yup, you're really missing out on the dips. They shouldn't hurt your chest? Sometimes they hurt my shoulders a tad, but you'll get used to them. For tri's just stay upright as possible.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh I love me some weighted dips :bigok:

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you had a solid workout and the pumps were present.....maybe toward the end of the bottle you could do like a dose of 6 just to see what happens :D
I will do that :) And maybe I will try to stack it with GlycerGrow some day.. :saevilw:

Yup, you're really missing out on the dips. They shouldn't hurt your chest? Sometimes they hurt my shoulders a tad, but you'll get used to them. For tri's just stay upright as possible.
It's not that kind of pain what you think... It feels like my breastbone is trying to get out of my chest and like I couldn't breath. I don't know why it feels like that...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
KTS man!....:D

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great intro here bro.I'm in for the long haul.
Welcome :)

KTS man!....:D
Will do that!

Today was deadlift day. 10 sets of 1 to 10 with relatively light weights, 365lbs at heaviest. It was supposed to be easy but 365lbs felt damn heavy. My back wasn't fully recovered yet.

I'm happy that I didn't take Attack today because lower back pump was very disturbing after three first sets without taking anything but caffein preworkout :D On Sunday I will punish my legs, can't wait!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs, abs
- Warm-up: squats 20x90lbs
- Front squats 1x210lbs (personal best), 10x135lbs (1 sec stops at the bottom, I was just trying to do as beautiful reps as I could and I'm really happy with the form.)
- Lunges 55lbs dumbbels in both hands, 15 steps per leg (personal best)
- 4 sets of seated calf raises, heaviest set was 15x90lbs
- Abs

This workout sucked but I can't blame anything but myself. On Friday I went out with my friends, haven't done that in loong time. I didn't drink very much but I managed to get awful hangover. I couldn't eat anything yesterday. That's why I don't like to drink... Anyways, I eat huge breakfast before hitting the gym today. I didn't have any strength but managed to get decent pump to my legs. Not as good as usually but better than I expected despite the fact that my muscles were totally empty of glycogen.

I'm ashamed because of that 1x210lbs front squat. I was aiming for 5 reps but couldn't do that. But next time I will, that's for sure :)

Lunges were easier than I thought and my legs were totally thrashed after that set.

Didn't KTS today... Lunges were the only exercise I am happy with.

Next time I'll train on Tuesday morning. Can't wait.. I thought I might try to do some barbell flat bench for the first time in, like, 20 months. Haven't done that since I *****d up my rotator cuffs. It's possible that I will regret if I decide to do flat bench but I can't help myself. Gonna take it easy though and concentrate in good form... But some huge pumps expected into my lats, arms and delts! I'm just gonna eat big until that and I think I'll be at 100% again!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You gotta love those big pumps!! ;)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man i love finishing my leg w/o with walking db lunges. They feel great!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man i love finishing my leg w/o with walking db lunges. They feel great!
True that. I haven't done them much in few months but I decided to start doing them again. My best set was 60 steps (30/leg) with 45's at last November (after doing front squats/hack squats/something else for quads) but I thought that I might as well use bigger weights and lower reps... But I still won't go under 30 steps (15/leg)... Longer sets make your legs feel like cooked spaghetti and that's how I like to feel after leg day! :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True that. I haven't done them much in few months but I decided to start doing them again. My best set was 60 steps (30/leg) with 45's at last November (after doing front squats/hack squats/something else for quads) but I thought that I might as well use bigger weights and lower reps... But I still won't go under 30 steps (15/leg)... Longer sets make your legs feel like cooked spaghetti and that's how I like to feel after leg day! :)
Do you do them walking? Or do you just stand in one spot and do one leg at a time? Like 10 reps one leg, then 10 for the other?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before I did them walking but now I'm training in smaller gym and there is not enough room to do them walking. I'm doing them like 5 for right, 5 for left, 5 for right etc... But I liked walking lunges better.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before I did them walking but now I'm training in smaller gym and there is not enough room to do them walking. I'm doing them like 5 for right, 5 for left, 5 for right etc... But I liked walking lunges better.
Ya either work well. I'm able to walk about 5 reps for each leg and turn around and get the other 5. Gym is usually empty when I go and pretty big.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't done those in a long time but I remember the burn real well :firedevil:

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Upper body
- Chin-ups: 8xBW, 2x50lbs, 1x110lbs, 20xBW
- Lateral raises
- Close-grip bench press: 5X140lbs, 5x145lbs, 4x150lbs (this is when my shoulder cracked)
- Bent-over row: 7x200lbs (personal best), 15x155lbs
- Supersets to arms: best sets were 21x45's at hammer curl and 13x135lbs at cable pushdowns

Good workout despite the fact that my diet hasn't been very good yet. Pumps were awesome in my upper back and arms. Back felt really strong too. Only bad thing is that my shoulder cracked at close-grip bench :(

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So how many attack are you doing pre workout right now??

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how many attack are you doing pre workout right now??
I'm thinking he mentioned he was using 3 caps preworkout, but I could be wrong...

That is how I would dose Attack ;)

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, 3 caps about 30mins preworkout with caffein. I'm happy with that dose right now but I'll experiment with bigger doses at some point :)

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs and abs
- Total body warmup: ATG-squat: 20x100lbs
- Front squat 1x210lbs :(
- Squat 5x110lbs, 135lbs, 155lbs, 180lbs, 200lbs easy weight
- Dumbbel lunges 15 steps per leg, 60lbs dumbbels in both hands(personal best!)
- 5 sets of calf raises and dumbbel lunges (no rest, kinda "supersets")
- Abs

Good workout though I sucked at front squats again. Next time I'll start doing back squats. Pump was maybe best ever and intensity was something awesome! I felt like dead after doing all those sets of lunges!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its hard to leave the gym when you get those great pumps like that. It can be very euphoric...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its hard to leave the gym when you get those great pumps like that. It can be very euphoric...
I usually just stick around and flex and grunt...maybe throw some 5 lb plates at people that block my mirror-view.

:laugh2:

On the real, though, I agree. I love being at the gym probably more than anywhere else, so sometimes I milk that time a bit.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to hurry because of work so I didn't get a chance to pose in front of the mirror :(

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to hurry because of work so I didn't get a chance to pose in front of the mirror :(
I always find time to pose in the mirror man or I make time!!..lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did that in the locker room at work but best pump was already gone :veryhappy:

I hear ya man...There is no better look than the pumped up look you get in the gym. I keep waiting for the day that nobody is around so I can take some pictures in the mirror all pumped. I want to do it when nobody is around to avoid looking like some D-bag:fool2: