Quest Protein Bars

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quest Protein Bars

These taste fantastic. Also they are the only bar that doesn't have crap in them!. No additives or anything artificial at all. Fifteen grams of fiber per bar. No sugar alcohols. Most so called "low-carb" products I just don't trust but quest bars are different. I have tried both flavors and they both taste great. If you put them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds they taste like fresh baked cookies. Five grams of countable carbs in the Peanut Butter and only four in the Vanilla Almond. They are a little expensive but its the only protein bar that I consider actual food and not junk. Wish Nutraplanet would start selling them but right now its cheapest to get them direct. I consider most protein bars just candy bars with protein in them, so me making this post says a lot. I'm almost through 4 boxes I ordered a while back. It takes the monotony out of eating chicken, tuna, more chicken, a little steak, more chicken, tuna. Sometimes you got to have something sweet and its the only thing I trust. Thought I would have seen more posts about these great tasting bars.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%

They are awesome, I've gone through almost 10 boxes since I got them a few months back. The word on the street is chocolate pb is the new flavor coming in the next few months
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yeah Sluggy, I've been checking the site for the new flavor every few weeks. Hopefully soon.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I like them a lot, and need to go ahead and order a few boxes...High quality bars.

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.18%

By far the best protein bar on the market!!
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.02%

I got a sample of them and also think they taste great and I don't think there's another bar that comes close to their nutrition profile.

I've got some other protein bars to finish up first and then I'll definitely be switching over to the Quest bars.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I wasn't all that impressed with the flavor but the fact that they are low carb is great and really hard to come by. I like ****'s better protein bar mix but it's certainly not low carb. Taste wise though they're awesome. I would use the quest bars when I'm needing low carb but I think I'll stick with the one's I use when I'm not that concerned with carb intake.
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%

**** bars are a joke compared to quest bars. Its not all about low-carb, its quality ingredients also. No crap in quest bars, they are actual food. Plus you don't have to make them yourself.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    **** bars are a joke compared to quest bars. Its not all about low-carb, its quality ingredients also. No crap in quest bars, they are actual food. Plus you don't have to make them yourself.
    Better Protein Bars are high quality protein bars that are 100% natural, with no additives, preservatives, corn syrup, or sugar alcohol.

Call me crazy but i prefer making my own bars, atleast i know they are always fresh and totally customizeable to your diet....i can't go back to pre packaged bars ever again
  10. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.28%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Do you have the ingredient list to the **** bars? I was curious about what was in them.

As for Quest bars I got the samples and there weren't too bad but as for saying "No crap in them and all about quality of ingredients", I wouldn't call splenda a quality ingredient.

A plus for the **** bars is they are sweetened by the user adding honey, or at least to my understanding. Like I said I have been curious as to what the ingredient list of them is. If you know it post it p
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  11. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    As for Quest I wouldnt call splenda a quality ingredient.
    as opposed to...?
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

A plus for the **** bars is they are sweetened by the user adding honey
    15 carbs per tblspn
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

These taste fantastic. Also they are the only bar that doesn't have crap in them!. No additives or anything artificial at all. Fifteen grams of fiber per bar. No sugar alcohols. Most so called "low-carb" products I just don't trust but quest bars are different. I have tried both flavors and they both taste great. If you put them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds they taste like fresh baked cookies. Five grams of countable carbs in the Peanut Butter and only four in the Vanilla Almond. They are a little expensive but its the only protein bar that I consider actual food and not junk. Wish Nutraplanet would start selling them but right now its cheapest to get them direct. I consider most protein bars just candy bars with protein in them, so me making this post says a lot. I'm almost through 4 boxes I ordered a while back. It takes the monotony out of eating chicken, tuna, more chicken, a little steak, more chicken, tuna. Sometimes you got to have something sweet and its the only thing I trust. Thought I would have seen more posts about these great tasting bars.
    simply LOVE these!!!

had one at the arnold..

also the fiber in there doesnt kill my stomach which is good.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

made with chicory root!!!
  15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.28%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    as opposed to...?
    Dont really get your question here? I wasnt making a comparison I was just saying that I wouldn't call splenda a qality ingredient. Are you asking for my reasons why I wouldnt call it a quality ingredient? I would really rather not turn the thread into a debate over splenda but in summary I like my food as natural as possible and tend to shy away from products that contain artificial ingredients and additives. The bulk of my diet is fresh fruit and veggies and meats. Splenda is not a natural product and is not grown or cultivated as a natural product would be. Splenda is chlorocarbon and is an artificial substance which may be absorbed by the body. This is not my definition of a "quality" ingredient. I was in no way making an attempt to attack quest bars just adding my input to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    15 carbs per tblspn
    My post was in reference to T-Bones post saying "Its not all about low-carb, its quality ingredients also" so the matter of 15g carbs per tbsp is irrelevant I think. If you base the bars solely on carb content then yes Quest are superior due to its lower carbs but I was posting in reference to the "all quality real food ingredients". **** bars may contain splenda in them as well, like I said I dont know and was curious myself as splenda is a popular sweetener and the **** site and Nutraplanet dont list the ingredients to them.

Again not tryna spark a debate here over splenda and detract from the original topic just adding my $.02 to the convo
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Dont really get your question here? I wasnt making a comparison I was just saying that I wouldn't call splenda a qality ingredient. Are you asking for my reasons why I wouldnt call it a quality ingredient? I would really rather not turn the thread into a debate over splenda but in summary I like my food as natural as possible and tend to shy away from products that contain artificial ingredients and additives. The bulk of my diet is fresh fruit and veggies and meats. Splenda is not a natural product and is not grown or cultivated as a natural product would be. Splenda is chlorocarbon and is an artificial substance which may be absorbed by the body. This is not my definition of a "quality" ingredient. I was in no way making an attempt to attack quest bars just adding my input to the conversation.
    I can see your point. With all regard to the topic though, Splenda is about as quality as you can get in the area of non caloric sweetners, other being Neotame. The only two rated safe as per the Center for science in public interest who have extremely stringent guidelines. The idea of man made not being quality is incongruous to the topic.

To each their own though. If you prefer natural, then something with 20 grams of sugar would be up your alley as opposed to these. I was just wondering what you would substitute to avoid the sugar... not exactly many choices here.
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.38%

Quest bars look good on paper, but I just haven't been willing to shell out so much money for a protein bar.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

Do you have the ingredient list to the **** bars? I was curious about what was in them.

As for Quest bars I got the samples and there weren't too bad but as for saying "No crap in them and all about quality of ingredients", I wouldn't call splenda a quality ingredient.

A plus for the **** bars is they are sweetened by the user adding honey, or at least to my understanding. Like I said I have been curious as to what the ingredient list of them is. If you know it post it p
    list of ingredients for the chocolate raspberry: whey protein, oatmeal, wheat germ, organic cocoa powder, organic freeze dried raspberry powder

no additives, no preservatives, or artifical flavors
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Quest bars look good on paper, but I just haven't been willing to shell out so much money for a protein bar.
    $24 bucks is about going price for a box of 12 any brand. However I agree, cost per unit of protein is not worth it. For $10 more bucks I can get 5 pounds of whey isolate and it will last me a whole lot longer.

But for protein bar connoisseurs, this is a good bar.
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    $24 bucks is about going price for a box of 12 any brand. However I agree, cost per unit of protein is not worth it. For $10 more bucks I can get 5 pounds of whey isolate and it will last me a whole lot longer.

But for protein bar connoisseurs, this is a good bar.
    I won't pay more than a dollar a bar. You just have to shop around. And I save them for "last result" meal options in my backpack, like when I've forgotten my lunch or something.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I won't pay more than a dollar a bar. You just have to shop around. And I save them for "last result" meal options in my backpack, like when I've forgotten my lunch or something.
    Agreed I think bars in general are a waste of money. Why would I eat a bar when I can just have some nuts and a whey shake? And if I want fiber throw in some psyllium husk or get a blender and toss in some fruit? I never understood why people would opt for a bar.. I have brought a shaker cup with whey in it to all sorts of things, like amusement parks, long car rides, etc. Just fill with water, shake and enjoy. Not much of any real inconvenience. I have a shaker cup in my locker at work with a small tupperware container full of whey along with 2 cans of tuna and a bag of nuts for days I forget food
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%

New Quest Protein bar flavors just announced in email:

Apple Pie
    Chocolate Brownie
    Mixed Berry Bliss

The email says they will be available in 6-8 weeks.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.18%

New Quest Protein bar flavors just announced in email:

Apple Pie
    Chocolate Brownie
    Mixed Berry Bliss

The email says they will be available in 6-8 weeks.
    Can't wait to try out these new flavors!!
    That all sound great!!
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.46%

Yummy.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Titan Bars vs Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Bars
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
  2. Protein Balls - **** Better Protein Bars reviewed
    By steam in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
  3. REVIEW: Quest Low Carb protein bars
    By dsade in forum Supplement Logs